Author Topic: pros/ams that are dicks  (Read 64498 times)

bumpnrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pros/ams that are dicks
« Reply #540 on: September 24, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
Bo Turner was really bad.  Went to Montreal for a demo/contest 93-94ish and he was just a total freak.  Basically told the crowd to fuck off.  The manager of the shop I rode for never ordered another Bo Turner board ever again.

frankallen

« Reply #541 on: November 23, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
tony t hates everyone or is drunk most the time

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #542 on: November 23, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
to the person who said that damian smith was sucking at some demo- damian is probably one of the best skateboarders to grace this planet. you either get it or you don't, but that fact remains true. not denying he could have had a bad day or something like any normal human, but know your role.

TheKarmessiah

• Rep: 23
  • YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
« Reply #543 on: November 24, 2008, 12:14:09 AM »
i met dorian tucker few years back. he was too cool for school. we hit a spot and he just stood around and smoked camels and said nothing. maybe he was just shy? then again its probably hard to skate when you are wearing cowboy boots
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

chordsincords

• Rep: 31
  • sorry, i ate all the dark meat
« Reply #544 on: November 24, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »
i went on a class trip once and the whole class left all their school lunches on the bus and jlay stole all of them and tried to eat them but couldnt finish them then he puked and did a switch tre bomb down long eight

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #545 on: November 24, 2008, 01:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Aside from that and Jesse Paez who flat out ignored my asking who he was, i've never met another dickish pro/am.

[close]

So you just flat out asked him "who are you?" That might seem a bit weird, too.
[close]

Well, I don't remember what I asked him specifically. I think it was more, "Dude, you're here with Ezekiel, aren't you?" or something.

I dunno, I'm not furious about that, or Chris Cole making fun of my shoes, I wasn't even that upset about it then, even. I just remembered it happening, and those are the two incidents that somewhat fit the bill of this conversation. I'm sure they're both really cool dudes.

But on the other spectrum, Karl Watson was the coolest dude I've ever met, either that or I cought him on a really good day. This dude I went to SF with that drove was a bmx'er, and we were cruising around 3rd & army, and being the respectful bmxer that he was, he was just seshin the gap, I think he did a barspin and a "kickflip" with the cranks, and Karl Watson was sooooo stoked, he came over and initiated conversation with us for like a half hour, and he ended up smoking weed out of a seashell with this other dude I was there with

& Jake Stewart gave me a Media board for riding one of their blanks

Bob Kronbauer*sp hooked my friend up with some crownfarmer gear for waaay cheap, I think I've still got the "take pills and chill" shirt somewhere

Ill have to agree with the comment about Karl Watson, I was in sf about a week ago for my first time, And of course i wanted to skate third and army The second i rolled up to 3rd the first person to come up to me was Karl, he  introduced himself right away and made me feel super welcome there, that fucking stoked me out,later some homies were seshin the 3 stair or whatever and Karl was just yellin the hole time I think i ollied it or rolled down it or something just messin and He was so stoked with a big smile and Just cheered i was soo stoked. Definetly my favorite person on the planet.

Another dope person i met was Adrian williams the same day, soo good super hyped on the tricks i was doing on the flat bar or whatevs chatted him up a bit. He was also doing back lip big flip on the ledge soooo good which made me want to try hard. All around i think if u go to SF you'll meet nice pro's/ams/people in general

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #546 on: November 24, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »
I met Jeremiah Baab probably 5 years ago at Ruin in Atlanta, nicest dude on earth. Either him or Rattray, that is one polite scottsman.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

the garcia

• Rep: 7
  • reason
« Reply #547 on: November 24, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
jon newport
[close]

ummm...not by a longshot buddy. newps is the shit. nicest dude ever and he always thinks hes a shittier skater than he really is. he WILL punch you in the face quick though, but only if you're obviously out of line. why do you say he's a dick?
k
\
Jon's the man. I met him a few months back in NY, he was really nice.

Were Always Watching You

« Reply #548 on: November 24, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »
most pros/ams me and you have met are pretty cool people, but i want to know what pros/ams youve met that turned out to be complete fuckers. This will get interesting.

(also explain what made them fuckers/what they did)

T Mag

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #549 on: November 24, 2008, 10:20:56 PM »
All around i think if u go to SF you'll meet nice stoned pro's/ams/people in general
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #550 on: December 02, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
John Cardiel - Really nice dude
Clark Hassler - Really nice, quiet dude. He saw my fucking 20 mm wheels and offered to give me some wheles
Stefan Janoski - Really nice dude. Wasn't as tall as I thought he'd be. SB Janoski's look amazing in person by the way
Danny Falla - Really chill dude actually says hi when I enter the shop
Jimmy Mcdonald - Really chill dude
Bobby Puleo - Pretty cool guy. Some people say he's a dick but I guess it depends on the situation. I went over to say hi and he was pretty cool about it. After he skated the mini ramp he actually said take care to me. So I guess he couldn't be an asshole

John

• Rep: -1
  • MJ looks like me..
« Reply #551 on: February 05, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »
Had some weird instagram discussions with Geoff Rowley and Staba. Brad Staba already seemed like a prick... but he turned out to be a complete douche. He acts like he's some sort of celebrity. Fuck him and fuck that stupid ass skatecompany. Swooshtica loving loser!  And Geoff Rowley argued with me because i thought Guy Mariano should have been soty 2012.....How can he disagree that Guy diserves to be soty

John

• MJ looks like me..
« Reply #552 on: February 05, 2013, 03:52:39 AM »
JT Aultz is an asshole because he doesnt laugh at my jokes

Me: "hey what does JT stand for"
JT: "Justin Thompson"
Me: "really, because my freind said it was Jamie Thomas"
JT: ..........

THAT....was extremely funny!

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #553 on: February 05, 2013, 03:53:28 AM »
Had some weird instagram discussions with Geoff Rowley and Staba. Brad Staba already seemed like a prick... but he turned out to be a complete douche. He acts like he's some sort of celebrity. Fuck him and fuck that stupid ass skatecompany. Swooshtica loving loser!  And Geoff Rowley argued with me because i thought Guy Mariano should have been soty 2012.....How can he disagree that Guy diserves to be soty
because daveed rides for geoff

John

• MJ looks like me..
« Reply #554 on: February 05, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, i know...but i thought that a: he would be more respectful towards Guy ... and b: not argue with some random dude who expresses his opinion. I always thought that Geoff would be more mature and cooler...but what a child.  Same about that loser Staba. Fuck him and fuck Skate Mental.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:47 AM »
change this thread title to the "shit talk pros and ams and wait for people from their home towns or crew to come defend them"

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #556 on: February 05, 2013, 07:05:36 AM »
Or "Shit talk pros who didn't immediately treat me like their best friend at a demo"
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #557 on: February 05, 2013, 07:23:51 AM »
i was at a circa demo and i asked jamie thomas what his personal top 5 favorite fruits were, then he paused and delayed his answer, fucking jerk.

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #558 on: February 05, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
Or "Shit talk pros who didn't immediately treat me like their best friend at a demo"

Fucking WORD. What the fuck is wrong with you spoiled losers crying because Johnny Rad didn't laugh at your joke high five you and sign your moms titties as soon as he stepped out the van.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #559 on: February 05, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
Jimmy McDonald cut me in line for the Chinatown bus.  My girl and I didn't make it on, had to wait for the next one.  Ultimately I blame her, she's not aggressive enough and won't block an elderly Chinese lady or amateur skateboarder from taking her place in line.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #560 on: February 05, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »
actually Johnny Rad did sign my mom's tits and im not fuckin happy about it

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yeah, i know...but i thought that a: he would be more respectful towards Guy ... and b: not argue with some random dude who expresses his opinion. I always thought that Geoff would be more mature and cooler...but what a child.  Same about that loser Staba. Fuck him and fuck Skate Mental.

Maybe you could also be more respectful for davids soty award and not complain about it on someones instagram pic??

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #562 on: February 05, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
Few years back the Volcom team did a demo and I asked Mark Appleyard if they are going to hempfest. Right as I started saying the h he said no and turned around. Nick Trapasso and Chima laughed at me. I now cry myself to sleep every night thinking this.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:17:22 AM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #563 on: February 05, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »
Fuck him you and fuck that stupid ass skatecompany. digging up a shitty 4 years old thread

Tyler

• Rep: -4
« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
Koston- My friend asked him to sign a shoot all skaters shirt and he told him to fuck off.
Kerry Getz- didnt do nothing to me, but he was skating a demo at my local park and one of the shop guys put up some type of stupid rail for him to skate. he took it down and continued trying whatever he was trying. kind of had an attitude about him...maybe because my park was shit hahah

another habitat guy was a dick too. dont remember who it was though.
-Past American Idol Judge

John

• MJ looks like me..
« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck him you and fuck that stupid ass skatecompany. digging up a shitty 4 years old thread
[close]
I see what you did there..... Outsmarted once more!

rulletull

• Rep: -36
« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
Jesus Fernandez is such sick dude. Vincent Alvarez is pretty tight also. I have not met to many others that stood out. Never met any dickheads either...

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucking WORD. What the fuck is wrong with you spoiled losers crying because Johnny Rad didn't laugh at your joke high five you and sign your moms titties as soon as he stepped out the van.
change this thread title to the "shit talk pros and ams and wait for people from their home towns or crew to come defend them"

both pretty accurate.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2013, 05:56:30 PM »

A+ contribution.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #569 on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A+ contribution.