Author Topic: george bush billboard says: miss me yet?  (Read 4484 times)

cops keep firing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
Re: george bush billboard says: miss me yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
I don't get it... but then again I don't follow american politics very closely...how come bush is suddenly more popular than Obama? Barack can't have fucked up that badly...
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »
Public school education is very lackluster in the USA so there are a lot of stupid people to fill all of the McJobs and easily sway their opinion politically.  Also, too much TV consumption has made people's attention span shorter, but even worse is their short term memory.  It's funny how easily people forget in such a short time or how easily they can be scared into thinking one way.  Gotta love it.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »
I think a lot of people are miffed at Obama's "lack of action". I guess a president is supposed to solve all problems in his first year. Having said that, I'm from Canada, what do I know
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
I really don't pay attention to ploitics. That being said, the only things I have heard about him doing are hanging out with celebrities on father's day and some vacation he took to some island. From what I heard, I don't like his health care plan either. Its really funny to see here though, the same people that were going all "vote for Obama" are the same people walking around with signs a year later with him wearing a Hitler moustache.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »
I wouldn't trust any health care plan issued by a man who smokes.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
this is a big deal  ::)

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »
Funny how people forget who was in office before obama, then they blame obama for everything.
Sad.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
The president is just a figurehead anyway. It's those fatcats in Congress who do/don't do anything.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »
nothing to do with this thread but
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
Funny how people forget who was in office before obama, then they blame obama for everything.
Sad.

...and he continues to blame bush saying he "inherited this mess." He can only use that excuse for so long, and it's passed that time. Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets things back on the right track, but at the rate he's going it's not looking good.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

SloppySevenths

• Rep: -11
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Sad.
[close]

...and he continues to blame bush saying he "inherited this mess." He can only use that excuse for so long, and it's passed that time. Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets things back on the right track, but at the rate he's going it's not looking good.

Getting things back on track wouldnt happen in
a year for anyone. Ever. Anyone would have the
right to blame their predecessor for that shit.
Jura thinks Im cool as fuck :D

dinosaur

• Rep: 7
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »
exactly. how the fuck is he supposed to fix everything fucking dimwit GWB screwed up over the last 8 years within one year?

It'll probably take more than a single term to turn shit around, but seeing as the majority of americans is too idiotic to realize that, they'll probably kick Obama out as soon as they have the chance.

Losing the majority in Congress is already going to make fixing the country nearly impossible for Obama, since now the Republicans will probably cockblock every bill he tries to push.

Holy fuck we're screwed...

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
exactly. how the fuck is he supposed to fix everything fucking dimwit GWB screwed up over the last 8 years within one year?

It'll probably take more than a single term to turn shit around, but seeing as the majority of americans is too idiotic to realize that, they'll probably kick Obama out as soon as they have the chance.

Losing the majority in Congress is already going to make fixing the country nearly impossible for Obama, since now the Republicans will probably cockblock every bill he tries to push.

GirlWorkshopB, oh no, where?

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
You guys are missing my point. I didn't say anything about him having to fix everything in a year. I said he needs to stop blaming Bush. Yeah he walked into a lot of shit, but he needs to man up and stop using it as an excuse for the slow progress.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sad.
[close]

[close]

Getting things back on track would happen in

Wrong. What kind of a dream world do you live in where you things can be fixed that quickly?
Remember this is politics, and that itself is a process to get anything accomplished. Of course we can change quick, but there are people out there whose self-interest are bigger than others.

hence------->

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:02:16 PM by Livin The Psychedelic Lif »

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

Getting things back on track wouldnt happen in
[/quote]
 Wrong. What kind of a dream world do you live in where you things can be fixed that quickly?
Remember this is politics, and that itself is a process to get anything accomplished. Of course we can change quick, but there are people out there whose self-interest are bigger than others.

hence------->

[/quote]

I'm not sure who you meant to quote, but nobody you quoted said he should be able to fix things in a year.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
It doesn't help that the backbone of Obama's campaign was "CHANGE" "a new beginning". People expected those things in a literal form once they voted for him, but one year just isn't enough time to judge him; give him some time, then we'll see what the outcome is.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »
I had this crazy fucking dream where like we had this different black president but he died from a terrorist assassination or something. And instead of Joe Biden (who happened to still be vice prez in my dream) taking over, Obama (who was still a senator) did because it was requested by the former president and that was allowed somehow. It started turning into a nightmare and the world was going to shit. Nature, too. Lightning was hitting satellites and shit.

Cool story.

That being said, why would anyone miss the Bush.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
You're forgetting that people loved Bush, a great number of the population at least.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
That minor recession might've something to do with him not getting too much new shit done.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »
You guys are missing my point. I didn't say anything about him having to fix everything in a year. I said he needs to stop blaming Bush. Yeah he walked into a lot of shit, but he needs to man up and stop using it as an excuse for the slow progress.

i agree, he needs to stop blaming bush but then who should really be blamed? every poll i've seen has shown strong support for the public option yet that's been totally bargained away to republicans along with everything but the most watered down reform. now the progressive democrats are getting pissed that nothing is getting delivered but that's only because republicans keep moving the goal posts on what they're asking for, further watering down healthcare until now it's basically a pharmaceutical company handout. republicans just want to do as much damage as possible so every time they get a concession they ask for more. it's ridiculous. but that means that obama has two options: he can completely cut out congressional republicans (at least in the senate), martial the democrats into line behind a strong plan and "ram it through" the house and senate. but that's going to piss off at lot of independents (read: retards) and democrats who are feeling pressure because they come from a conservative district. fox and the republicans will be vindicated on their "stop obama at all cost" bs because he will have effectively forced elected republicans and pussy-footing dems into the political wilderness. stop putting republicans and people like joe lieberman on all these senate panels and you'll see some rational results but boy will the regulars howl. or he can try and coax republicans back to sanity with things like his speech to the gop, use rational arguments to systematically show how hypocritical their positions are and hope that he doesn't have to cause all this shit stirring and blood letting. it's not working and now everybody is pissed off and confused.  

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
obama's been doing great. congress and the senate, not so as good

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
He's kind've forced to bring up Bush's policy fuckups when he talks about the economy... the issue isn't a year old, and the impact of the previous administration is still having an effect on things going wrong today, some of which don't have an immediate fix, and others that are still siphoning money for years to come... the wars can't be stopped immediately, we owe interest on all of the money Bush borrowed, a restructuring of the tax system in any way will be done because of the burden of debt middle class families carried (relative to the burden that the corporations and wealthy endured), so there's a lot of shit happening right now that can't just be turned off as a direct result of Bush. To explain the crisis we're in without bringing up Bush is impossible.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
^Not to mention that when Reagan took over and the country fell into a recession that actually had higher unemployment than our current recession two years into him being in office he blamed Carter, and when Bush jr. Got into office the country also fell into recession shortly after he became president he blamed Clinton. To say that Obama is doing anything new or uncommon by blaming his predecessor for the recession that existed for nearly a year before he got elected is ridiculous.
What the fuck are you guys talking about "he needs to stop blaming Bush?"
What problem that we have right now ISN'T Bush's fault?
Nobody misses George W. Bush, at all. My problem with Obama is that he hasn't broken with Bush enough. I think that is a lot of people's problems. Bush let the corporations run wild, and we got fucked for it, I would NEVER want to go back to loosening restrictions on them like that. Also, he brought us into two wars without even really planning them out at all, one of which he didn't even have a reason to go into in the first place. The problem with Obama is that he hasn't tightened things enough, the regulations aren't coming back, and the withdrawls of troops are happening slowly. He's unpopular because no matter what he does the Republicans will hate him, and he hasn't really done enough to please his base. Granted, he has been cockblocked by the most obstructionist Senate minority in history.
I would be willing to bet that groups like the RNC are probably against this billboard, which was put up anonymously. The last thing they want in potential Republican voters minds is a return to George W. Bush. Nothing will EVER clean his record. The man is human scum and was literally booed by the masses as he left office. The Republicans have been doing everything they can to rebuild their image and cleanse themselves of his legacy since he left office.

Also, to the person who said the healthcare bill sounded bad, what exactly sounded so bad about creating regulations to give consumers power over their health insurance companies? Phew! We dodged a bullet there! Healthcare companies were going to actually have to deliver what they say and limit the amount of profits that they make off of people! Seriously, I don't understand how people got led in such a backward way by corporate interests. There is no logical reason to be against this bill as a consumer of healthcare. The kid who posted that he was against it said he didn't know much about politics or this bill, but heard it was bad. What a fucking pawn. You Bush-voting, get-them-wepons-of-mass-destruction, "didn't Saddam cause 9/11" dipshits are the ones fucking up by just accepting political agendas that are harmful to normal people and helpful to corporate interests who exploit them without even really knowing what you are accepting or opposing. It repeats over and over and over again. How the fuck is the highly impoverished south still so solidly Republican? They are either suckers or genuinely very racist and still angry about the civil rights bill. I just don't understand how fucking stupid Americans can be. Feed 'em till their fat and they'll let you do anything to you.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 02:54:29 PM »
Not gonna lie
thats funny as fuck

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »
i'm not the most informed person on politics but it seems absurd that
obama shouldn't mention bush when talking about the war/economy.
i also think its bullshit how bush hasn't been public since he left office.
he got us into the war and then just disappears.
give obama a break. if he is really as malicious and awful as the media is
portraying him to be then we will be able to come to that conclusion at the end of his term.
reserve judgment for once and play it by ear.

I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

Chopsuey

• Rep: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

The guy is a fucking born comediant! How can you not love him?

That being said, not being american, I feel every citizen in the world should be able to vote for the USA elections.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
i'm not the most informed person on politics but it seems absurd that
obama shouldn't mention bush when talking about the war/economy.
i also think its bullshit how bush hasn't been public since he left office.
he got us into the war and then just disappears.
give obama a break. if he is really as malicious and awful as the media is
portraying him to be
then we will be able to come to that conclusion at the end of his term.
reserve judgment for once and play it by ear.

Which media is portraying him as evil? It seems like most of them are still supportive with the exception of Fox News of course.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Well, you could say the same for any tea bagger interviewed on any network, CNN HN is really good about not vetting bullshit from neocon apologists, as well as nearly all AM radio, which has been getting monopolized for years.

For the media in general, I think it's more a matter of not informing or educating the public they supposedly serve. If most people knew what was in some of the initial health care amendments, they'd have been stoked... but all people get from the regular news is other people's opinions as to why they hate the idea of a piece of a bill, but that's it. I have yet to see any network go over, piece by piece, and explain the bill... not in a particular light, but just explain it.

Think the news is going to really dig into the idea of investigative journalism concerning our government negotiating drug prices (so we can buy US drugs in the US cheaper than US drugs bought from Canada), when the bit is followed by a commercial from Pfizer?