Author Topic: Poppalardo  (Read 20076 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Re: Poppalardo
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »
maybe he doesnt even want to be a pro skateboarder anymore ???  its like the dude who said his teacher brought a mannequin around school with him and shit, he was just tryin to get fired.

or maybe he just doesnt want skateboarding to be in the olympics so he is trying to make the level of skating crappier in the usa so that it stays in the streets. so shit goes back to the roots.

or maybe he is just trying to appeal to people who suck at skating, who make up probably 90% of the skateboard market. wants to be seen as just some normal guy (which he is) and not some super star athlete.

haha yes these are ridiculous sounding cause who is going to want to watch the video with the crappiest skating right?

i think though he just doesnt really give a shit about doing any of that hard stuff and doesnt care if he is not pro anymore. it is like kurt cobain he liked makin music and stuff but he hated fans. he tried to appreciate it but just could not. pappalardo likes to skate but i wouldnt be surprised if he was turned off from the whole industry and what it has turned into now.

he has so many die hard fans though he probably doesnt want to let them down with crappy parts but at the same time he probably doesnt want to come out with nothing either. thats gotta be depressing has to pick 1 and neither are what he truly wants.
'

maybe, that'd be cool. he's not going anywhere anytime soon though especially with a new shoe out and the choc video dropping in a couple years. lifes unfair, so is the skateboard industry, arguing about it is an exercise in futility. i just hope I'll see more of lem's skateboarding in the future.

slickrick

• Rep: -2
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
skateboarding is sposed to be fun yet he never looks like hes having fun

mrbagman

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
It would be sick if he did a slap pals interview.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »

tricks are for kids , style is forever

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
im assuming the ads are calling out slap pals for the amount of hate haha. nollie front nose is cool im over the ollies though switch or not.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:54:00 PM by niclopse »

Instagram: @niclopse

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
im assuming the ads are calling out slap pals for the amount of hate haha. nollie front nose is cool im over the ollies though switch or not.
Notice that ads say Alien Workshop, these pre-date SLAP Pappalardo hate by some time.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

thugnificent

« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
But thugnificent, you and "the next curren caples" are my two most hated posters.  I fucking hate you kids and I hope you get the Ebola.

come at me bro

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:02 AM »
A professional skateboarders job isn't to skateboard, it's to sell skateboards. Pops probably does that quite well.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Notice that ads say Alien Workshop, these pre-date SLAP Pappalardo hate by some time.
yea those ad are quite old
tricks are for kids , style is forever

STARSHIPtrooper

« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »
i used to think pops was an awesome skater, but man i cant take this crap anymore. either quit your day job and start being like every other broke ass hipster in nyc or fucking put in a little bit of work. Smyth needs to whip his team into shape. Lem has been slept on for over a year, theres no way after the diagonal part that hes not EVEN am. Seriously, even if i meet him in person, I wouldnt know if i would be happy or pissed off and ask him wtf he is doing? just like every other bum collecting welfare, goddamn.

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
its amazing what one lil sequence can do around here!!! Pops or kill yourself!!!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
skateboarding is sposed to be fun yet he never looks like hes having fun

he smiles quite a bit in his lifestyle shots though when he was younger haha like photo and i.e.

in ff he looks happy when he does the fs shove nosegrind

RRRRRAD

« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »
why is this thread still around fuck

hekkahyphy

« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »
A professional skateboarders job isn't to skateboard, it's to sell skateboards. Pops probably does that quite well.

with that being said this thread has lost its point

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »
Jesus Christ. 8 pages for one gif.

Tommy

• Rep: -5
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »
let me put an end to this thread-- last good shit he put out was mosaic and after that popalardo FELL DA FUCK OFF

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
gipper, the problem is that his skating has become totally irrelevant and he's making boatloads off his name, i think that's what people are taking issue with, not this weird tech vs simple fight you seem to be imagining. but, even this issue has been discussed to death, it's not about what you deserve, it's whats more marketable and marketability doesn't necessarily correlate to amazing skateboarding, case in point.
A lot of people like that skating, it's not just him living off of his name. You just clearly don't understand the draw, so you and countless others start bitching about him living off of his name, not realizing that everybody else posting thinks it is a cool little gif, just trying to push the idea that it sucks repeatedly to people who will never be receptive.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

bandini

« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »
Making money for doing jack shit - isn't that kinda everyone's dream job?

I don't do jack shit at my job and I make a decent living. Who among us would refuse money for doing little ollies and stuff? Not me, that's for sure.

Pops' skating kinda makes me laugh at this point, but hey, he's figured out a way to game the system for cash without breaking a sweat... more power to him.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:03 PM »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
gipper, the problem is that his skating has become totally irrelevant and he's making boatloads off his name, i think that's what people are taking issue with, not this weird tech vs simple fight you seem to be imagining. but, even this issue has been discussed to death, it's not about what you deserve, it's whats more marketable and marketability doesn't necessarily correlate to amazing skateboarding, case in point.
[close]
A lot of people like that skating, it's not just him living off of his name. You just clearly don't understand the draw, so you and countless others start bitching about him living off of his name, not realizing that everybody else posting thinks it is a cool little gif, just trying to push the idea that it sucks repeatedly to people who will never be receptive.

i like that skating too, its just better to go outside and actually skate and do those things than watch a lame sequence of it or to pretend that's really worth putting out in any form.  you might as well slappy grind something and shoot a sequence of that and call it being original.l theres no balance to what he's doing it's just all in one extreme. gino has balance, he still has  amazing style and could put a couple things out because coming from him, you know it's going to be just the right amount of tech so you know the dudes not slipping and you get his style which makes whatever it is that much better. pops just needs to follow suit, i don't really mind his regressive style I just think he's going too far with it to the point where I wouldn't watch or look at anything he does more than once.

Stab n Kill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »
I remember seeing somewhat of a recent black&white photo of Pops grinding a bus in nyc (in 2009 I believe).  Does anyone have the photo saved on their computer and care to share it again?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
I remember seeing somewhat of a recent black&white photo of Pops grinding a bus in nyc (in 2009 I believe).  Does anyone have the photo saved on their computer and care to share it again?

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »
he gets at least 2 more years of pro status from that photo alone... thats sick.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »
fuck you for being right. Not much else that can be said, it's only true. And of course he does it good because you have long time fans of his buying boards and then you have little kids who want to get the cool shit so they follow the long time fans and buy the coolguy shit. World keeps spinning.

bundles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
pops has the dope steez tho. has he been skating lately, I heard he hasn't really been on ha board too much!?!?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »
probably building benches or some shit. i don't even care anymore, at least he has some dignity and isn't some lame corporate shill.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
*Can't believe I clicked on this thread.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
you know why pops can get away with the shit he does?  because it still sells.  you know why he has a pro shoe?  cause it sells. 

being a sponsered or pro skateboarder has little to do with skill... its all marketability. 
amen to that. This whole Pops thing reminds me of an earlier problem in skateboarding history.

See, Metallica used to sell boards as well.

Kirk Hammett was the ish back them. I mean, look at him getting down on those stairs.

But James Hetfield on the other hand. Dude would just CARRY his skateboard and look fresh.
that dickhead sold more boards than Kirk.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:50:09 PM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
A halfass professional skateboarders job isn't to skateboard, it's to sell skateboards. Pops probably does that quite well.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts