Author Topic: Poppalardo  (Read 20044 times)

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Poppalardo
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
this shit is still going on? end it
FREE MAX B

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »
i wish i could just time travel to page 8 of this thread...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2010, 11:26:27 PM »
Page 9 now, and possibly page 10 of a .gif of two ollies. BEST SLAP THREAD EVER
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jakep

• Rep: 1
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:39 AM »
I think its safe to say anyone can do this. Who really cares though. Pretty much anyone can do anything nowadays it seems. I mean you go to a park and u see 1000 kids that can kickflip backtail and nollie heel noseslide on call. Have you ever watched a video with flip trick after flip trick after combo after combo? Its mind numbing after a while and usually leaves you ( or at least me) feeling bummed that you cant do shit like that. But when you first started skating did you really care about tricks? no. You were siked to do anything, and it was so sick when you learned anything new, even if it was ollieng up a curb. I think pappalardo, as simplistic as his skating is gives people a refreshed feeling, because its within limits of what you could probably do. And also he makes it look good. No one has ever filmed that spot. And honestly if someone did a kickflip into that cellar door then nollie inward heel over the chain it would'nt look as good. I had to watch the sequence a few times because it got me so siked to skate, i mean c'mon how fun does it look? I think all the haters need to get their cocks out of furbys ass and get back to what skatings all about. This dude prooved he can be "tech" and go big. Remember, he pretty much switch flipped love before anything like that was going down.

Couldn't have put it any better

Mr. DNA

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
you know why pops can get away with the shit he does?  because it still sells.  you know why he has a pro shoe?  cause it sells. 

being a sponsered or pro skateboarder has little to do with skill... its all marketability. 
[close]
amen to that. This whole Pops thing reminds me of an earlier problem in skateboarding history.

See, Metallica used to sell boards as well.

Kirk Hammett was the ish back them. I mean, look at him getting down on those stairs.

But James Hetfield on the other hand. Dude would just CARRY his skateboard and look fresh.
that dickhead sold more boards than Kirk.

Hetfield pioneered the mall grab

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2010, 07:58:06 AM »
c'mon  let's get this bitch at page 10
tricks are for kids , style is forever

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »
Expand Quote
you know why pops can get away with the shit he does?  because it still sells.  you know why he has a pro shoe?  cause it sells. 

being a sponsered or pro skateboarder has little to do with skill... its all marketability. 
[close]
amen to that. This whole Pops thing reminds me of an earlier problem in skateboarding history.

See, Metallica used to sell boards as well.

Kirk Hammett was the ish back them. I mean, look at him getting down on those stairs.

But James Hetfield on the other hand. Dude would just CARRY his skateboard and look fresh.
that dickhead sold more boards than Kirk.

regardless if metallica or not, that green cruiser on the left is AWESOME
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »
are mall grabs ok if your board has a one inch nose?

kevbo999

« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I think its safe to say anyone can do this. Who really cares though. Pretty much anyone can do anything nowadays it seems. I mean you go to a park and u see 1000 kids that can kickflip backtail and nollie heel noseslide on call. Have you ever watched a video with flip trick after flip trick after combo after combo? Its mind numbing after a while and usually leaves you ( or at least me) feeling bummed that you cant do shit like that. But when you first started skating did you really care about tricks? no. You were siked to do anything, and it was so sick when you learned anything new, even if it was ollieng up a curb. I think pappalardo, as simplistic as his skating is gives people a refreshed feeling, because its within limits of what you could probably do. And also he makes it look good. No one has ever filmed that spot. And honestly if someone did a kickflip into that cellar door then nollie inward heel over the chain it would'nt look as good. I had to watch the sequence a few times because it got me so siked to skate, i mean c'mon how fun does it look? I think all the haters need to get their cocks out of furbys ass and get back to what skatings all about. This dude prooved he can be "tech" and go big. Remember, he pretty much switch flipped love before anything like that was going down.
[close]

Couldn't have put it any better

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2010, 05:12:49 PM »
hell yeah
FREE MAX B

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »
bought some of his shoes today, they are amazing.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2010, 11:09:48 PM »
do they self destruct when you do flip tricks?
ableSkateMag.com

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »

i wouldn't know, i just stained wood in them all day.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i wouldn't know, i just stained wood in them all day.

what brand of stain do you use?

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2010, 12:51:24 AM »
he used jizz stains
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

dinosaur

• Rep: 7
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
i usually use doodoo stains, i like the finish better

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
You haters are going to be sorry you talked shit when one of these T.F. owners pays Pops to redo their spot. You haven't seen ledge dancing until it's done on one of Pop's exquisitely stained benches.

I think he's rad simply because he seems like he could give a fuck what anyone thinks. 10 pages?
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
'Seems like'.

Inanimate Object

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
I think I'm trying to make this a signature "Inanimate Object" move. Whenever everything possible has been said about a subject, I'm going to post up this video of Krunt hitting a plastic head with a bat in his backyard.

There is symbolism in this video of a chubby juggalo at bat; much like Krunt's replayed striking of the plastic head, some topics have been thoroughly bludgeoned by SLAP's collective opinion. There is nothing left to say about these topics, but that Krunt rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlh3JTxZxI

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
'Seems like'.

Well, after his overly criticized Fully Flared part, he hasn't put out anything more technical has he? It also "seems like" you're a regular, know-it-all bed wetter. Of course, I don't know for sure.

I think I'm trying to make this a signature "Inanimate Object" move. Whenever everything possible has been said about a subject, I'm going to post up this video of Krunt hitting a plastic head with a bat in his backyard.

There is symbolism in this video of a chubby juggalo at bat; much like Krunt's replayed striking of the plastic head, some topics have been thoroughly bludgeoned by SLAP's collective opinion. There is nothing left to say about these topics, but that Krunt rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlh3JTxZxI

+1
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony