Author Topic: Poppalardo  (Read 20073 times)

bandini

Re: Poppalardo
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
I definitely don't want to rain on anyone's parade - if you dig what pops is doing, cool. After all, I still dig watching Tommy G's part in Future Primitive, & by today's standards, there aren't even really tricks in that part.

I can't help wondering tho: how basic does pops' skating have to get before he finally loses his admirers? I mean, when there's a sequence of him ollieing up a curb, are there still gonna be people digging on him?

Hell, if I could make the $$$ he's making by skating as basic as he is, I'd be doing it in a second, so I guess I can't blame him...

bumptobar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »
Its a cool sequence/spot.  Not difficult though, had to be a test run for a better line.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
Its a cool sequence/spot.  Not difficult though, had to be a test run for a better line.

Obviously he stepped up his game and hippie jumped the chain. He's that sick.

thugnificent

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
IT MAY LOOK EASY BUT THAT DON'T MEAN IS.
[close]

No, it's actually easy.

If we're going to compare Pops to an artist, I think he'd be one of those guys who painted a small red triangle in the middle of a huge white canvas, & then had a bunch of people raving about how "important" it was...
[close]
thats such an ignorant look at art, and stupid

its actually dead on.

Rampfoot

• Rep: 21
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
I celebrate his whole catalog.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
pops laughing at your faces doing all this shit

What if he only does simple shit like this when he's being filmed or photographed? Like, if he's just going out skating, by himself, maybe he's just as crazy tech as Mike Mo, or Marc Johnson, or Cory Kennedy and this is just how he wants the skateboarding world to see him?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
i think with this sequence Pappalardo is trying to make a subtle critique on early Marxist Deconstruction of Capitalism while at the same time evoking a wry commentary of man's current state of existential ennui vis-à-vis a subtle homage to the early Bauhaus school of architecture as seen through the dystopian landscape of this nondescript, vacuous alleyway
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
Alright, thread's over, congratulations floop.

MikeHolmes

• Rep: -1
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
like i said before, so many pros get hated on here for doing the same tricks and rightfully so. but popps gets to do as many ollies as he wants.

anyway i really like his new shoe, im not buying it though because i refuse to support this douche. i have a friend who is flow on converse so maybe he could hook me up. i doubt it though.

WOAH is ur fRiend famoS?

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
he skates fast. the spots he skates are rugged and gnarly. i love his style. he makes me wanna go skate. thats how you skate in NYC anyways. switch ollie blah blah blah. poppalardo is a grown up rick nix or whatever that youtube kid's name is. all his new shit is the epitome of gay ass east coast skateboarding. i'd like to see this guy cruise down a big ass hill, san francisco's version of the cellar door.

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
POPS MUST BE ELIMINATED BECAUSE HE NO LONGER MEETS THE STANDARD
seriously, what does it matter to any of you if he's getting paid?
 just look at it for what it is, it's not like he's stealing your job.
personally, i enjoy his skating,
the same way i like prefer seeing that guy at the skatepark who isn't that great, but looks like he's having a blast.
instead of that guy who can do more tricks but looks like he's bored as hell.

we all know this guy has paid his dues, it's not like he just ollied into  pro skateboarding

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »
he skates fast. the spots he skates are rugged and gnarly. i love his style. he makes me wanna go skate. thats how you skate in NYC anyways. switch ollie blah blah blah. poppalardo is a grown up rick nix or whatever that youtube kid's name is. all his new shit is the epitome of gay ass east coast skateboarding. i'd like to see this guy cruise down a big ass hill, san francisco's version of the cellar door.
you're a faggot, plain and simple

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you're a faggot, plain and simple

may i penetrate your anal cavity with my man meat, please?

slickrick

• Rep: -2
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »
PALS QUESTIONS Tony Poppalardo

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

sage

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »

Except that most of us skate here and do shit like that every week, and probably much better shit then anything Pops has done in years.

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Except that most of us skate here and do shit like that every week, and probably much better shit then anything Pops has done in years.
and thats why your pro right??  please dont ever compare yourself to this dude. your not him and you will never skate as well as him.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01:40 PM »
i think with this sequence Pappalardo is trying to make a subtle critique on early Marxist Deconstruction of Capitalism while at the same time evoking a wry commentary of man's current state of existential ennui vis-à-vis a subtle homage to the early Bauhaus school of architecture as seen through the dystopian landscape of this nondescript, vacuous alleyway

Duh...

sage

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
If by skate well you mean do faggy kickflips and ollies everywhere i go then I hope you're right.

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »
If by skate well you mean do faggy kickflips and ollies everywhere i go then I hope you're right.
you obviously have lousy taste.  straight up.  your backing that fucking poser jim morrison. way to think outside the box.  

whang

« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »
wow this is like BA coming out on absolutley nothing, this is ridiculous.

gandzha

• Rep: -12
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
Damn. His pants are getting shorter and shorter.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »
I love how every pappalardo thread gets at least 4-5 pages
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

sergioflorez

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »
floop's post was definitely the climax. things just go downhill from there.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2010, 12:28:53 AM »
Popp's best shit was around mosaic, but this stuff is cool to watch. I definitely would not call his current skating progressive in any way though. It seems like he belongs solely in videos made by Brian Lotti.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2010, 05:03:42 AM »
hi hater

conqueso

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2010, 08:31:03 AM »

Ayyyyooo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2010, 08:50:58 AM »
I think its safe to say anyone can do this. Who really cares though. Pretty much anyone can do anything nowadays it seems. I mean you go to a park and u see 1000 kids that can kickflip backtail and nollie heel noseslide on call. Have you ever watched a video with flip trick after flip trick after combo after combo? Its mind numbing after a while and usually leaves you ( or at least me) feeling bummed that you cant do shit like that. But when you first started skating did you really care about tricks? no. You were siked to do anything, and it was so sick when you learned anything new, even if it was ollieng up a curb. I think pappalardo, as simplistic as his skating is gives people a refreshed feeling, because its within limits of what you could probably do. And also he makes it look good. No one has ever filmed that spot. And honestly if someone did a kickflip into that cellar door then nollie inward heel over the chain it would'nt look as good. I had to watch the sequence a few times because it got me so siked to skate, i mean c'mon how fun does it look? I think all the haters need to get their cocks out of furbys ass and get back to what skatings all about. This dude prooved he can be "tech" and go big. Remember, he pretty much switch flipped love before anything like that was going down.

russ

• Rep: -10
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »
Five pages determining the legitimacy of a single .gif image. You guys are losing it.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:43 AM »
Five pages determining the legitimacy of a single .gif image. You guys are losing it.

Seriously. Maybe it was just something for shits and giggles. I would be more pissed if this was in the Chocolate video though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!