Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 151441 times)

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1080 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:15 AM »
Perfect, in my opinion.  I can't wait for Vince Gilligan to make a movie.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #1081 on: September 30, 2013, 04:44:43 AM »
Sorry for the double post, butt fuck it.  I was so stoked to see Badger and Skinny Pete one more time.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #1082 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Predictable Finale.? Thought they could of came up with something better.
[close]

more complicated =/=? better.
[close]

very true and i'm more than happy with how they ended it. that being said, it would've been nice to at least have one curveball thrown in.

thought there were a few in the details

grey matter for money (laser pointers were sick)
who got ricin
how he got nazis
how he wrapped it up with family

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »
some may complain and cry about it being predictable or not revealing every detail, but for me personally, this was exactly how i wanted it to end.
when they both lie on the ground and you see Walts body shake because a bullet hit him... oh man.. tears.

now please, no spinoffs or anything. leave it at that.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1084 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:33 AM »
Jesse speeding off to freedom.. and the Need for Speed set.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #1085 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:47 AM »
Da fuck happened to Huell?
I suck at SLAP.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1086 on: September 30, 2013, 08:08:10 AM »
Did we really care enough to pull time in a final episode from walt?

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1087 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:30 AM »
It was great.

I was kind of hoping that Jesse would be killed too, because that would made that show that much darker. All these shitty things have already happened to him, and he gets nothing for it. I thought that would have been interesting. I also thought it would have been interesting if Walt had committed suicide.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #1088 on: September 30, 2013, 08:24:25 AM »
WHAT ABOUT HUELL

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1089 on: September 30, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
WHAT ABOUT HUELL

Yeah wasn't funny the first time.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #1090 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
I was pretty blown away when the camera moved forward and revealed Walt was in the room, during this scene

EDIT: damn! That's a big ass picture
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:41:27 AM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1091 on: September 30, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol, no, being sarcastic bro.

I liked the season finale, but I just felt like they ran through the motions and it was just a crowd pleaser of a fucking ending.  Also, how they held the shot over Lydia's tea for ever...  Cmon, dude.  

Edit:  Walt is known to be a brilliant chemist and very unpredictable/unstable.  Blew up Gus with a bomb.  Uncle Jack doesn't check trunk of car for a bomb/other contraband? 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:28:06 AM by Merked »
I suck at SLAP.

Greg Road

« Reply #1092 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:50 AM »
Awesome finale. I KNEW Lydia was gonna get the risin. I liked how Walt covered Jesse while the bullets came flying through the building. It was good and will be missed.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1093 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
When Walt was talking to Skyler I almost rolled my eyes as she did thinking he was about to say he did it for the family...then the truth about how he was good at it and it made him feel alive. I re-watched episode 1 and the final right after...the transformation of this Character and how it all ended is a stand up and applaud moment.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:44:57 AM by kingpinuser »

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1094 on: September 30, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
Jesse's prints are on the gun that ended Jack's life...  So I'm thinking his life is gonna be rough.  There's probably a lot of forensic evidence tying him to the lab too.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #1095 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
Jesse's prints are on the gun that ended Jack's life...  So I'm thinking his life is gonna be rough.  There's probably a lot of forensic evidence tying him to the lab too.

good points.  even though he probably never wants to see the inside of a lab again, he is an expert cook, so he could theoretically cook for a few months to a year, make enough to life off of (and invest some), then walk away for good and begin a new life. 

i'd back a Jesse spinoff, but as much as I love Odenkirk, not really interested in the prequel angle of Better Call Saul.  Of course, if Gilligan is involved it'll probably be alright. 

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: September 30, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

good points.  even though he probably never wants to see the inside of a lab again, he is an expert cook, so he could theoretically cook for a few months to a year, make enough to life off of (and invest some), then walk away for good and begin a new life. 

i'd back a Jesse spinoff, but as much as I love Odenkirk, not really interested in the prequel angle of Better Call Saul.  Of course, if Gilligan is involved it'll probably be alright. 

Noone is looking for Jesse in connection to any of this though.  The only people who had interest in him were Walt, Hank, and Gomie.  I think Jesse is good unless they wipe the place for fingerprints and then put em in a criminal database, but that seems unlikely since everything that went down there would seem clear cut for the detectives.
I suck at SLAP.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1097 on: September 30, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
well, except that there would be tire tracks and jesse drove right through the gate.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #1098 on: September 30, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I liked the season finale, but I just felt like they ran through the motions and it was just a crowd pleaser of a fucking ending.  Also, how they held the shot over Lydia's tea for ever...  Cmon, dude.  

Edit:  Walt is known to be a brilliant chemist and very unpredictable/unstable.  Blew up Gus with a bomb.  Uncle Jack doesn't check trunk of car for a bomb/other contraband? 
Jack didn't check the trunk because he assumed he had the upper hand bro. He assumed Walt was weak and begging for a shot at getting some money bro. Jack probably didn't know about Fring being blown to pieces because I don't really remember Walter announcing to people how he made that happen bro.

It was a crowd pleaser ending because sometimes the crowd needs to get pleased bro.

Noone is looking for Jesse in connection to any of this though.  The only people who had interest in him were Walt, Hank, and Gomie.  I think Jesse is good unless they wipe the place for fingerprints and then put em in a criminal database, but that seems unlikely since everything that went down there would seem clear cut for the detectives.
Which they would match to Jesse immediately since he most likely has priors bro. Not unlikely at all bro. I really doubt the police would show up and say "Hey look, dead people, let's just take this situation for how it appears and just close the case" bro.

Also, stop trying to abbreviate "Gomez" with "Gomie"...c'mon dude bro.

well, except that there would be tire tracks and jesse drove right through the gate.
Yep exactly. There are Jesse's prints on the gun, the lab equipment and probably most of the things in that compound. Jesse's confession tape was confiscated by Jack, although they might've destroyed that after watching it. There will be sizeable evidence that somebody was kept in a prison cell in the compound, which would be covered with Jesse's prints.

Either way, I think the laughter and crying of joy - Vince Gilligan just wants us to assume the best for Jesse. He paid his dues for the mistakes he's made. He killed the man responsible for killing his lady and offending him. He's off to start a new life.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1099 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Edit:  Walt is known to be a brilliant chemist and very unpredictable/unstable.  Blew up Gus with a bomb.  Uncle Jack doesn't check trunk of car for a bomb/other contraband?  
[close]
Jack didn't check the trunk because he assumed he had the upper hand bro. He assumed Walt was weak and begging for a shot at getting some money bro. Jack probably didn't know about Fring being blown to pieces because I don't really remember Walter announcing to people how he made that happen bro.

It was a crowd pleaser ending because sometimes the crowd needs to get pleased bro.

Expand Quote
Noone is looking for Jesse in connection to any of this though.  The only people who had interest in him were Walt, Hank, and Gomie.  I think Jesse is good unless they wipe the place for fingerprints and then put em in a criminal database, but that seems unlikely since everything that went down there would seem clear cut for the detectives.
[close]
Which they would match to Jesse immediately since he most likely has priors bro. Not unlikely at all bro. I really doubt the police would show up and say "Hey look, dead people, let's just take this situation for how it appears and just close the case" bro.

Expand Quote
[close]
Yep exactly. There are Jesse's prints on the gun, the lab equipment and probably most of the things in that compound. Jesse's confession tape was confiscated by Jack, although they might've destroyed that after watching it. There will be sizeable evidence that somebody was kept in a prison cell in the compound, which would be covered with Jesse's prints.

Either way, I think the laughter and crying of joy - Vince Gilligan just wants us to assume the best for Jesse. He paid his dues for the mistakes he's made. He killed the man responsible for killing his lady and offending him. He's off to start a new life.

Pretty sure Walt told Declan and all the other competitors in the desert that he killed Gus Fring during that "Say my name" scene right?
I thought it was common knowledge amongst the meth community that Heisenberg took Gus out with a bomb but the mainstream media probably made it look like it was Hector or some other cartel shit.

Anyway last 15 mins was awesome with the remote control gun and all that but found it a little too convenient that Jack had Jesse marched out like that, they probably would have just capped Walt and not given a shit about whether he believed Jesse was actually a willing partner or a meth slave.

Also how the fuck did Walt survive a bullet from an M60 for so long?
Did he just get hit by debris or was it an actual round from the gun? I know he was below the line of fire but would love to know if it indeed was a bullet or just like glass or some kind of debris because shit was flying everywhere.

Also with Lydia and the ricin, can't she just go to the hospital after she finds out she's been poisoned?
Doesn't it take like 3 or 4 days or something to kill you? This all happens the same day she drinks it right?
Seems like she was just in the beginning stages of it but who the hell knows.
Loved Todd's ringtone, so fucking good, can't blame him for being so sprung on her she was very very hot.

All told, good final ep, tied everything up and spoon fed its loyal viewers the ending they deserved.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:50:53 PM by Shitbag »

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #1100 on: September 30, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »
this shits old news get over it nerds

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Why you mad doe bro?
I suck at SLAP.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #1102 on: September 30, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1103 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
I'm kind of blown away by the whole thing. I look back when I started watching the show, all the great deaths, pain and suffering, beatings, drugs, lies, emotions, maquiavellian plans, weird sex, insanity, boredom and thrill it has beautifully showcased.

Great acting by Bryan Cranston, I thought Walt died peacefully.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #1104 on: September 30, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Edit:  Walt is known to be a brilliant chemist and very unpredictable/unstable.  Blew up Gus with a bomb.  Uncle Jack doesn't check trunk of car for a bomb/other contraband?  
[close]

Expand Quote
Noone is looking for Jesse in connection to any of this though.  The only people who had interest in him were Walt, Hank, and Gomie.  I think Jesse is good unless they wipe the place for fingerprints and then put em in a criminal database, but that seems unlikely since everything that went down there would seem clear cut for the detectives.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure Walt told Declan and all the other competitors in the desert that he killed Gus Fring during that "Say my name" scene right?
I thought it was common knowledge amongst the meth community that Heisenberg took Gus out with a bomb but the mainstream media probably made it look like it was Hector or some other cartel shit.

Anyway last 15 mins was awesome with the remote control gun and all that but found it a little too convenient that Jack had Jesse marched out like that, they probably would have just capped Walt and not given a shit about whether he believed Jesse was actually a willing partner or a meth slave.

Also how the fuck did Walt survive a bullet from an M60 for so long?
Did he just get hit by debris or was it an actual round from the gun? I know he was below the line of fire but would love to know if it indeed was a bullet or just like glass or some kind of debris because shit was flying everywhere.

Also with Lydia and the ricin, can't she just go to the hospital after she finds out she's been poisoned?
Doesn't it take like 3 or 4 days or something to kill you? This all happens the same day she drinks it right?
Seems like she was just in the beginning stages of it but who the hell knows.
Loved Todd's ringtone, so fucking good, can't blame him for being so sprung on her she was very very hot.

All told, good final ep, tied everything up and spoon fed its loyal viewers the ending they deserved.
I didn't think Jack or his gang knew or cared anything about Walter and his history with Fring. Declan knew, but Jack's crew was literally just a group of thugs with no allegiance to anybody or anything. They came into it well afterwards and didn't care about the meth business or anything other than money.

Assuming Walt took a ricochet round in the side, which would explain how he got nicked below the firing line and how it didn't go in through the side of his torso.

There isn't a cure for ricin poisoning, so Lydia was completely fucked from the beginning. She could go to the hospital and beg, but there is nothing they could do for her other than watch her go.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1105 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »
wow so i just watched this episode and now wanna retract my past posts hating on walt jr, he was definitely suffering from swagrebral palsy  8)

foureyedjim

« Reply #1106 on: September 30, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
It's pointless to worry about the details of whether or not Jesse will caught up with the incident or not.
He may live free from now on, he may be on the run the rest of his life, who knows.

It sucks when shows try too hard to conclude every single little thing in the show that they don't have enough time to conclude the most important part of the show.  Jesse is important, but the whole time, this was Walt's story.  He did Jesse one final favor by saving him and letting him go (despite the fact that he may or may not have had the intention of having him killed).  So for me, the end of Jesse's story was good enough.

I liked how empty Walt's goodbye's were to everyone.  He leaves Skyler without a word, says nothing to Flynn, says nothing to Jesse, shoots Jack mid sentence, tosses the cell without giving lydia any time to say anything. 

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1107 on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
what was the box building scene's meaning? I missed that.

agreed I found it a little lame that the nazis brought Jesse in to prove they they aren't partners. seemed dumb. I loved the rest of it tho, it being a easy/safe ending was almost a twist in itself when u consider what crazy shit they pump out regularly. Walt not getting to say bye to Flynn was probably my favourite part of the episode.

also Merked u really redeemed urself on here, way to show ur actually kinda smart and don't just suck reddits lil weenie
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Yu Dum

« Reply #1108 on: September 30, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
what was the box building scene's meaning? I missed that.

agreed I found it a little lame that the nazis brought Jesse in to prove they they aren't partners. seemed dumb. I loved the rest of it tho, it being a easy/safe ending was almost a twist in itself when u consider what crazy shit they pump out regularly. Walt not getting to say bye to Flynn was probably my favourite part of the episode.

also Merked u really redeemed urself on here, way to show ur actually kinda smart and don't just suck reddits lil weenie
Jesse built a wooden box in his high school shop class. He was extremely proud of it.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1109 on: September 30, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
then he traded it for some dank nugs of chronic