Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 151489 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1200 on: August 15, 2022, 11:46:37 PM »
I thought the "BCS" finale was pretty good, bettter than "BB" which I thought was too vanilla.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #1201 on: August 16, 2022, 01:54:53 AM »
Was hoping for more action at first, shocked he got caught so early, then I realized…of course the final episode needs to be primarily about lawyering, court stuff

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #1202 on: August 16, 2022, 05:25:35 AM »
This last season has been a roller coaster. I really liked the finale but I have one question maybe someone would like to discuss.

SPOILERS

So I get that his increased sentence in the end is meant to be some sort of redemption, but I really don't understand how they set it up to where he only got seven years in a pretty cushy prison in the first place. Walter's meth empire became a national story and when Saul was giving up information for their deal, it doesn't seem like he revealed anything that they probably didn't already know. The only new information he had was about the death of Howard, which was just a set up for him to find out Kim already confessing what happened. Yeah, the whole thing is about Jimmy confessing in the actual courtroom to redeem himself but with the mountain of evidence already against him, it seems weird that the opposing lawyer seemed to buckle at the idea of just "one juror believing Saul". I dunno, any thoughts?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1203 on: August 16, 2022, 09:34:45 AM »
It seemed believable to me, considering the facts/mythology surrounding the big, bad Walter White, and how Saul is a expert atty, that the prosecutor with the perfect record could see Jimmy getting of. Was it a stretch? Yes. But not huge.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1204 on: August 16, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »
It seemed believable to me, considering the facts/mythology surrounding the big, bad Walter White, and how Saul is a expert atty, that the prosecutor with the perfect record could see Jimmy getting of. Was it a stretch? Yes. But not huge.

I think the lawyer would take the chance of a small win than the possibility of defeat

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #1205 on: August 16, 2022, 12:33:41 PM »
alright, I suppose that's fair. Given how big the story is I'd imagine it would be a tall order for him to convince "just one" juror of his story but it doesn't matter. I still really liked the finale.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1206 on: August 16, 2022, 03:45:47 PM »
alright, I suppose that's fair. Given how big the story is I'd imagine it would be a tall order for him to convince "just one" juror of his story but it doesn't matter. I still really liked the finale.

But that’s what makes him who he is!

Has anyone watched that dreadful looking Slippin Jimmy (BCS prequel animated series)?  I

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1207 on: August 28, 2022, 01:16:14 PM »
Watched the last season over the weekend, epic last season, and damn i sort of was not expecting that end with Kim and Jimmy…they nailed everything. It loops perfectly back into breaking bad.  They could do a movie around kim

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1208 on: August 28, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »
Season Finale spoilers whatever you do  do not listen. Skyler on a skateboard whaaaat