Author Topic: sticky ledge  (Read 6075 times)

S-Town Holla!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
sticky ledge
« on: August 26, 2006, 07:49:27 AM »
we have completly coated it in candle wax and it still don't grind. You guys have anything that makes a ledge slick? does wd-40 work?
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

max power

Re: sticky ledge
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:07:28 AM »

Mizzork

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 08:19:59 AM »
Sometimes, it's just crappy concrete/building materials, but if you guys keep working at it, it should eventually be grindable.  If all else fails, get some angle iron.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 09:15:56 AM »
Sometimes, it's just crappy concrete/building materials, but if you guys keep working at it, it should eventually be grindable.  If all else fails, get some angle iron.

i think we are gonna keep waxing it and shit and if that doesnt work we are gonna use angle iron cuz these ledges are perfect. its two knee high ledges in a row with a enough room for a flat trick before in the middle and after....so good.

roulette

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »
do noseslides first, c'mon

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 09:20:41 AM »

dude we have but grinds don't work on it at all yet.

roulette

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
spray water on it, wait a few days till it gets hard and keep touching it up with wax

kaufmaner

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
maybe put some bondo on the edges of the ledge
but angled iron is the easiest thing to do

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 02:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you have to break in the ledge. its usually a bitch.

if you have an old pair of trucks put it on a board, put the old board/trucks on the ledge run and jump on the borad, repeat this over and over until it finnally works. side note this will destroy your trucks, so dont use ones you like.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
thanks i think i will try a few of these things.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if you have an old pair of trucks put it on a board, put the old board/trucks on the ledge run and jump on the borad, repeat this over and over until it finnally works. side note this will destroy your trucks, so dont use ones you like.

Last year I broke in a ledge that was a bitch. I had brand new krux 4.0's and they were down to the axle in seriously 3 sessions, so yeah, try it with some old trucks

mikefork

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Last year I broke in a ledge that was a bitch. I had brand new krux 4.0's and they were down to the axle in seriously 3 sessions, so yeah, try it with some old trucks
i had some brand new indys and had to break in a ledge back in january which led to them getting halfway down and then had to re-break it in in late april so i just kept trying crooks which led to the axle but by then my trucks were done anyways

Tann-fizzle

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 03:08:10 PM »
Hot wax it with a blowtorch

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
im still trying all this shit i want it to work so bad i want to film at this place. These ledges were trying to get to work are right by a bust ledge plaza. and i want to do a line from the cement ones to the tan ones and then ride into the skate shop which is located right next door and do a ollie over the couch lol.

Tann-fizzle

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
that line would be insane man!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 10:45:36 PM »
get some z-rollers....

yeah dude!

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 01:12:58 PM »
What's that stuff they use on pool coping? Lacquer? That should work but I think you're suppose to put it on before waxing.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »
What's that stuff they use on pool coping? Lacquer? That should work but I think you're suppose to put it on before waxing.

idk dude we are about to give up if we do another week and it don't work.

mikefork

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"The best way to break the coping in is to paint it. You can use Salba sauce which is clear enamel paint or you can use almost any spray paint or concrete paint. Within the first few months keep the coping sauced regularly. Eventually the coping will build up a protective layer and after awhile you only need to sauce the coping once or twice a month."
i think the same can be applied to the ledge

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 06:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
"The best way to break the coping in is to paint it. You can use Salba sauce which is clear enamel paint or you can use almost any spray paint or concrete paint. Within the first few months keep the coping sauced regularly. Eventually the coping will build up a protective layer and after awhile you only need to sauce the coping once or twice a month."

i got spray paint but idk if its a good idea to spraypaint a city property ledge in the middle of the day which is the only time we can work on it.

mikefork

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i got spray paint but idk if its a good idea to spraypaint a city property ledge in the middle of the day which is the only time we can work on it.
try creeping out late at night maybe around 3 am paint the shit then cheese it. i hope you are going to use krylon, best spray paint around

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
try creeping out late at night maybe around 3 am paint the shit then cheese it. i hope you are going to use krylon, best spray paint around

yea its black crylon but im 14 and i really dont know how im gonna get out at 3 to go fuck up some city property lol. most rebelious skate shit i don't is hammer the fuck out of some skatestoppers they put on my favorite ledge spot.

mikefork

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

yea its black crylon but im 14 and i really dont know how im gonna get out at 3 to go fuck up some city property lol. most rebelious skate shit i don't is hammer the fuck out of some skatestoppers they put on my favorite ledge spot.
14? are your parents that lame to not let you out? when i was 14 i stayed in the city overnght skating just don't sweat it. when they are asleep just walk out the door, if you are afraid they will get pissed do it as quiet as possible or sneak out a window

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 07:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
14? are your parents that lame to not let you out? when i was 14 i stayed in the city overnght skating just don't sweat it. when they are asleep just walk out the door, if you are afraid they will get pissed do it as quiet as possible or sneak out a window

lol alright. for a lil while im gonna try more wax/breaking the ledge in and if that don't work i will try.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 05:28:24 AM »
hows the concrete texture, this just occured to me right now.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 03:49:48 PM »

horrible its really really rough

Mizzark

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

horrible its really really rough

its not going to work, give it up. spraypainting it is a terrible idea and will not help in any way.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 03:57:17 PM »
yeah the man who was shot and astabbed above me is correct if its rough its a no go.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 04:25:45 PM »
yeah the man who was shot and astabbed above me is correct if its rough its a no go.

mizzark dint say that by the way it was one of the other dudes forget who...and yea its rough we have pretty much gave up.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:56 PM »
wow spray paint will NOT help
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!