Author Topic: plateaus & your learning curve  (Read 5050 times)

kevbo999

Re: plateaus & your learning curve
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »
I feel good about my progression rate lately.  Though it's probably because it's prime skate weather.  By late June I'll wanna hit the lake every day and only skate once a week.  Then by Fall I'll be shittier than I am now, slowly regaining my current ease over the winter, then getting a little better next Spring. 

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 08:35:03 AM »
I was on a really good run until a couple of days ago... I'd thought I broke my collarbone after getting pitched in our local bowl. Doc thinks I may have dis and re located my shoulder somehow. Luckily I didn't break anything but I'm swollen and bruising from my shoulder to my pec... I've got a John McCain arm. Off the jarring shit for a couple of weeks, hopefully rolling flat in a few days. I'm cool about taking a break, I always seem to learn shit day one after getting back on from an injury.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
most of the new tricks I learn seem to just come to me on lucky days... and disappear sometimes just as quickly

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
i havent got to skate since april... the weather turned to shit all of a sudden here and i wouldnt have been able to skate anyway. i have had to take days off at my job jsut to study for the new one, fuckin sucks!

after my test tomorrow im bagging off work to skate, i am fed up! i have a brand new complete baiscally that i have only got to skate twice! i want to start skating at least three times a week again, it is going to be hard to get the muscles strong again. i am going to try and skate manuals a bunch at first. i am prettty good at them so i can have a nice long session and get a lot of tricks done and you can do them on curbs and stufff. the only drawback is that they are kind of rough on your hips, and my hips are getting really bad from a combination of skating mostly regular and driving a standard car home after the sessions. i am hopng i can find some way to keep the one from seizing up so bad when i skate. after awhile i start to lose all my pop because of it.

barrierkultt

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »
I did a frontside grind in the deep end of the bowl today. That was cool.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
I did a frontside grind in the deep end of the bowl today. That was cool.

jealous. frontside grinds have always eluded me