Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43139 times)

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #660 on: February 14, 2024, 07:20:00 AM »
I know it's not gonna be as fun as it seems, but i'm still stoked to get Lockwood.
yeah I’m sure I’m hyping it up a bit in my mind, but getting Lockwood will be dope. I’m stoked for HH 16 and el toro too. Not a lot of big/realistic handrails in session as it is.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2024, 01:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote
I know it's not gonna be as fun as it seems, but i'm still stoked to get Lockwood.
[close]
yeah I’m sure I’m hyping it up a bit in my mind, but getting Lockwood will be dope. I’m stoked for HH 16 and el toro too. Not a lot of big/realistic handrails in session as it is.

https://x.com/sessiongame/status/1758158326439813187?s=46

Looks like it’s coming on 21st Feb so not long to wait now.

Hollywood High, El toro , Lockwood and Carlsbad should be a lot of fun to play.

I’m still completely unskilled with the replay editor despite saving a load of clips as I play.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2024, 08:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://x.com/sessiongame/status/1758158326439813187?s=46

Looks like it’s coming on 21st Feb so not long to wait now.

Hollywood High, El toro , Lockwood and Carlsbad should be a lot of fun to play.

I’m still completely unskilled with the replay editor despite saving a load of clips as I play.
im awful with the editor too. I play on ps4 and the camera is also super jank and buggy. I need to try editing a “part” one of these days

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #663 on: February 21, 2024, 07:20:55 AM »
Downloaded the new map this morning and cruised around a little bit before i started working. seems pretty cool can't wait to give it some more time

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -5
« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2024, 12:38:00 PM »
On the note of releases, it’s important for our fans to know that producing and releasing DLC content does not exclude us from continuing to plan and focus on improving our core mechanics. It’s on this note that we are pleased to announce that we are currently working on transitioning Session to Unreal 5!

It's still too early to make any concrete commitments on the implications of this, but it is a necessary step in order to continue a sustainable production on Session.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2732710/Session_Skate_Sim_Schoolyard/

They have an animation director on the staff page now.

edit: man this map is really solid. Easily the best DLC map so far.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 03:37:36 PM by FactoryMinimum »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #665 on: February 22, 2024, 06:55:02 AM »
^^awesome to hear. Map is super well done but yeah with current physics I have to say I can't stand how the rail tricks look when you do them. A back noseblunt on a 16 should have some impact on landing but it looks no different than a flatbar.  Stoked to support tho and will definitely keep playing

Edit: also realized skating rails looks a lot better if you reduce the grind friction
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 08:56:53 AM by matt_2993 »

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2024, 01:32:46 AM »
^^awesome to hear. Map is super well done but yeah with current physics I have to say I can't stand how the rail tricks look when you do them. A back noseblunt on a 16 should have some impact on landing but it looks no different than a flatbar.  Stoked to support tho and will definitely keep playing

Edit: also realized skating rails looks a lot better if you reduce the grind friction

I know exactly what you mean.
I've found skating most handrails I'm usually going too fast and end up gapping to like the last 4 stairs of HH16. I constantly fiddle with the game settings depending on what I'm primarily skating.

I've really been loving the school map - a few of the spots they didn't show off in the trailers and are really cool to see and skate.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 06:55:38 PM by Cheshire Cat »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2024, 08:37:55 AM »
Quick edit of some clips I got this month:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4WM1wuY11Q

Unrelated: I got the schoolyard DLC a few days ago and it's an enjoyable map overall. I don't care much for the gaps/big rails but there's a lot of smaller spots squeezed in all over.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #668 on: February 28, 2024, 10:24:40 AM »
I felt the schoolyard was a little repetitive… like too much of a good thing turns bland.

Still pretty great though
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #669 on: March 01, 2024, 04:04:40 AM »
I haven't played in a while but got the schoolyard map and it got me wanting to film clips again, here's a few I got over the past while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR1xBRYEcR8&t=1s

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #670 on: March 01, 2024, 11:29:24 AM »
digging the schoolyard so far. I've been really enjoying the bank to benches at the back of the school

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

deathandnightandblood

• Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #671 on: March 02, 2024, 05:09:03 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZy1Wfmu_gY

First time putting together something like this. Nothing fancy, been playing a bit over a week.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #672 on: March 02, 2024, 05:27:45 AM »
Anyone playing on console get that weird ankle bending glitch while pushing?
Any ideas on how to fix that?

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #673 on: March 02, 2024, 06:32:43 AM »
Anyone playing on console get that weird ankle bending glitch while pushing?
Any ideas on how to fix that?

Turn off the skater physical animation. The wonky ankles are a bummer for sure.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #674 on: March 03, 2024, 02:54:27 AM »
they botched the Carlsbad landing, but pretty happy with the school. 

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 76
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2024, 03:16:09 AM »
I can't wait for them to upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 so they can finally fix goofy. I'm goofy IRL and I never realised it was a problem until someone pointed it out - I just assumed that's how the game was and I dealt with it. I decided to play as Chris Cole for a bit and holy shit the animations are so much better for regular stance, and it's easier to do the tricks how they're supposed to be done. It's pretty much ruined the game for me now because I can't unsee the fact that my goofy stance is basically switch regular. Looks ugly AF.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #676 on: March 08, 2024, 08:00:30 AM »
I can't wait for them to upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 so they can finally fix goofy. I'm goofy IRL and I never realised it was a problem until someone pointed it out - I just assumed that's how the game was and I dealt with it. I decided to play as Chris Cole for a bit and holy shit the animations are so much better for regular stance, and it's easier to do the tricks how they're supposed to be done. It's pretty much ruined the game for me now because I can't unsee the fact that my goofy stance is basically switch regular. Looks ugly AF.

Engine upgrade won't fix animations by default but it may make it easier for the animators to fix them... but there's no reason they couldn't have fixed it before aside from time/prioritization

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #677 on: March 09, 2024, 03:38:04 PM »
i just wish they would fix the pedestrian glitches that makes it impossible to have them in the game without it freezing and glitching every 2 seconds. havent turned that feature on since i first got the game

having no pedestrians makes the game feel kinda lifeless
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #678 on: March 10, 2024, 12:07:08 AM »
i just wish they would fix the pedestrian glitches that makes it impossible to have them in the game without it freezing and glitching every 2 seconds. havent turned that feature on since i first got the game

Which platform are you playing on, I haven’t had this issue on PC? The pedestrians are annoying though, at least in EA Skate you could emote them to get out of the way. These guys just step in front of the obstacle your skating and stop when you get close to them.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2024, 05:09:21 AM »
they botched the Carlsbad landing, but pretty happy with the school.

I was seeing footage of Sylmar on YouTube and figured it was a PC mod, definitely going to be grabbing this DLC now when I get home tonight (even with the fucked up landing).
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #680 on: March 12, 2024, 08:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Which platform are you playing on, I haven’t had this issue on PC? The pedestrians are annoying though, at least in EA Skate you could emote them to get out of the way. These guys just step in front of the obstacle your skating and stop when you get close to them.
I'm playing on an Xbox One . maybe its just that my console cant process the way PC's can
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #681 on: March 12, 2024, 12:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I'm playing on an Xbox One . maybe its just that my console cant process the way PC's can

I played a ton on PS4 Pro and found that any pedestrian setting absolutely tanked the performance- I imagine it's similar to the Xbox One. After trying it a few times I turned them off until getting a PS5.
But even then I only turn them on for minutes at a time as I get annoyed with their predilection for getting and STAYING in the way. They don't impact the framerate or cause glitches / freezing the way it did on last gen.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #682 on: March 13, 2024, 07:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

I played a ton on PS4 Pro and found that any pedestrian setting absolutely tanked the performance- I imagine it's similar to the Xbox One. After trying it a few times I turned them off until getting a PS5.
But even then I only turn them on for minutes at a time as I get annoyed with their predilection for getting and STAYING in the way. They don't impact the framerate or cause glitches / freezing the way it did on last gen.
Cool feature to make all the pedestrians to walk to your run up spot.

drinkwaterjamie

• Rep: 0
« Reply #683 on: Today at 04:50:50 AM »
Anyone on PS4 and the maps still haven't appeared on their menu settings?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #684 on: Today at 05:58:28 AM »
Anyone on PS4 and the maps still haven't appeared on their menu settings?

Have you tried getting around via the bus stops?

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #685 on: Today at 05:20:03 PM »
I finally figured out why I can’t get into this or Skater XL. It’s the bails, the ragdoll stuff just looks so silly to me. It’s hard to look at after watching real skateboarding.

I like the controls though. 

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -5
« Reply #686 on: Today at 05:37:00 PM »
TMNT stuff got removed today. I have the character suits, which is probably the hardest to mod back in. Sucks the devs wouldn't give more notice to the players. Hopefully the mod community corrects the situation.