Author Topic: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread  (Read 181513 times)

Tom Bombadil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread
« Reply #1860 on: September 18, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Totally Bummin' at the Berrics. It seems that everyone who I have the slightest desire to see win are being systematically destroyed. All these void-of-personality twenty-somethings doing five forty double flips with robotic consistency is wearing me down. Don't get me wrong here; I would be a cheap bastard too if I was in one of these things. However, I procure no enjoyment whatsoever out of seeing a lot of these kids skate. But I suppose my subjective inclinations don't rule skateboarding, so this post is essentially meaningless... Let's get existential on this bitch.
[close]
Just because you don't go to gay art shows doesn't mean you have no personality.

I entirely agree with you. That's not entirely what I was trying to communicate, though. I wasn't discriminating against clothing style and the like so much as against trick execution and and all those quirky little things that distinguish someone from the rest of them. Essentially, I'm trying to say that tricks CAN be too perfect, which is absolutely idiotic. So pretty much I lose.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #1861 on: September 18, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »
I still really want to see a full park Battle At The Berrics, that would be interesting.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1862 on: September 19, 2010, 01:51:18 AM »
did anyone think some of pj's calls were a little suspect?

Nah, PJ wants that shit clean
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1863 on: September 19, 2010, 05:08:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Totally Bummin' at the Berrics. It seems that everyone who I have the slightest desire to see win are being systematically destroyed. All these void-of-personality twenty-somethings doing five forty double flips with robotic consistency is wearing me down. Don't get me wrong here; I would be a cheap bastard too if I was in one of these things. However, I procure no enjoyment whatsoever out of seeing a lot of these kids skate. But I suppose my subjective inclinations don't rule skateboarding, so this post is essentially meaningless... Let's get existential on this bitch.
[close]
Just because you don't go to gay art shows doesn't mean you have no personality.
[close]

I entirely agree with you. That's not entirely what I was trying to communicate, though. I wasn't discriminating against clothing style and the like so much as against trick execution and and all those quirky little things that distinguish someone from the rest of them. Essentially, I'm trying to say that tricks CAN be too perfect, which is absolutely idiotic. So pretty much I lose.

yeah jocks and their like will always be better at sports, and nerds and and their like will always be better at copious verbosity.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1864 on: September 19, 2010, 05:27:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No no complys, no boneless's, no grabs, when will a game ever reach an end to these rules?

Mike V vs. Cole
Real Life.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #1865 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
not at all

mike mo dropped the ball

i wanna see luan deOliveira in this shit
[close]
I know it would never happen, but they should get the kid that wins the es game of skate to enter this.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's nothing wrong with traveling, but ? saying"oh this guy is cool because he moved" is stupid to me. I would rather see someone Kill all their local spots, and keep progressing, than seeing some lame dude do 5-0 180's all over the world.

[close]

it took three years but I finally agree with you on something.
[close]
You agree Kalis goes around the world doing 5-0 180s? COTG has proven time and time again that he has no concept of spot difficulty.
[close]
Where did i say kalis? And kalis isn't even known as someone that skates "difficult" spots.
yeah I wasn't thinking kalis when you said that....you were probably talking about someone like kenny reed who has a pass to do that. and kalis does skate some pretty difficult spots....that barcelona bump to bar switch backside flip has got to be one of the hardest tricks done at that spot. and that spot is just gnarly!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

CyaLaterByeBye

• Rep: -11
  • >.<
« Reply #1866 on: September 19, 2010, 06:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy shit, now that was a game of skate.  Games like that make you just wanna go outside and learn every flat ground trick possible.
[close]
And then you go outside, realize those tricks are hard as shit, and go back inside and drink some beer and play video games.
[close]
[close]

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #1867 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

how about you just stop posting?

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1868 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »
sound of mike mo catching the 3flip is epic.

surprised nobody is going off on torey for his little "805 son" when people see cory kennedy smile and it turns to 6 pages of hate claiming hes being arrogant and cocky.

i figured he said that because he, mo, and mikey are all from the simi valley area, (805 area code) yet there were all there and involved with that event. hell i bet mike mo and torey have even played very similar games of skate before.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1869 on: September 19, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »
I lose.
What you're feeling and trying to express is your youth's fleetingness. You will never be that talented at skateboarding without several years of very hard, very intentional work at it. Jealousy is a weird thing, it makes people say strange shit and think that they're really onto something.

gaileaduffel

« Reply #1870 on: September 19, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
morgan and wade d need to be in this

i hate seeing the same niggas

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1871 on: September 19, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
ever since my little brother said "T-Puds always looks like he's taking a shit" I can't appreciate his skating. He pops his tricks really high (or should I say poops his tricks), but it just looks strained.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #1872 on: September 19, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
I lose.
[close]
What you're feeling and trying to express is your youth's fleetingness. You will never be that talented at skateboarding without several years of very hard, very intentional work at it. Jealousy is a weird thing, it makes people say strange shit and think that they're really onto something.

I think that's a good premise as to what I'm expressing (or failing to express, rather), but I'm perfectly content with what I can do on a skateboard, and I'm not too envious when I see guys rifling off thirty incredible flat tricks in a row. (However, I'm pretty jealous when I see transition destruction. It would be so fun to be a tranny shredder). This is simply a matter of preference. It's a little like saying I prefer Dostoyevsky's writing to Tolstoy's.

blake guzman

« Reply #1873 on: September 19, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I lose.
[close]
[close]

I think that's a good premise as to what I'm expressing (or failing to express, rather), but I'm perfectly content with what I can do on a skateboard, and I'm not too envious when I see guys rifling off thirty incredible flat tricks in a row. (However, I'm pretty jealous when I see transition destruction. It would be so fun to be a tranny shredder). This is simply a matter of preference. It's a little like saying I prefer Dostoyevsky's writing to Tolstoy's.
It's Dostoevsky, you philistine. But I agree with the sentiment.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #1874 on: September 19, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

[/quote]

I apologize for using the bastardized English spelling that appears on any work of his, and allusions to his work, that I've read, and I thank you for enlightening me on the proper Russian spelling. We Anglo Saxons sure have a proficiency for butchering other cultures' words.

blake guzman

« Reply #1875 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

I apologize for using the bastardized English spelling that appears on any work of his, and allusions to his work, that I've read, and I thank you for enlightening me on the proper Russian spelling. We Anglo Saxons sure have a proficiency for butchering other cultures' words.
[/quote]
I was just kidding. I had to look it up to remember what he wrote. Any spelling works for me.

Lakaiercracker

• Rep: -26
  • Check out my fuckin' L-Block.
    • El Scarehouse avatar image
« Reply #1876 on: September 19, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
Pudwill is good and all but at this point I would rather smear shit through my hair than watch him skate. Some of the highest popped/worst-looking flatground ever. Also he is one of the strangest looking humans ever, he looks like that sloth from ice age or something...

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1877 on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »
Gentlemen, let's try to be civil and keep the fine 19th century Russian literature out of this discussion.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1878 on: September 19, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy shit, now that was a game of skate.  Games like that make you just wanna go outside and learn every flat ground trick possible.
[close]
And then you go outside, realize those tricks are hard as shit, and go back inside and drink some beer and play video games. talk shit on the way Cory Kennedy and Torey Pudwill actually do them
[close]
[close]
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

few123456789

« Reply #1879 on: September 19, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy shit, now that was a game of skate.?  Games like that make you just wanna go outside and learn every flat ground trick possible.
[close]
And then you go outside, realize those tricks are hard as shit, and go back inside and drink some beer and play video games. talk shit on the way Cory Kennedy and Torey Pudwill actually do them
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yes.  Correcto. 

Stunts

« Reply #1880 on: September 19, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »
That game was insane. Sometimes i run out of tricks before i even get someone on S...

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1881 on: September 20, 2010, 02:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
And then you go outside, realize those tricks are hard as shit, and go back inside and drink some beer and play video games. laugh while people argue about the way Cory Kennedy and Torey Pudwill actually do them
[close]
[close]
[close]

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1882 on: September 20, 2010, 03:12:10 AM »
That game was insane. Sometimes i run out of tricks before i even get someone on S...

That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1883 on: September 20, 2010, 04:47:28 AM »
I still really want to see a full park Battle At The Berrics, that would be interesting.

Same, thats how we like to play at the local park anyway, like flatground skate does happen (obviously not with berrics rules) but we prefer to choose a "spot" like flatbank game of skate etc

flatbank games are easily my favourite

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #1884 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
did anyone think some of pj's calls were a little suspect?
PJ called toedrag on Mo fair and square.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1885 on: September 20, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
That whole match was flatland gold. i cant stand me some double flips. the only one to me that looks good, is that slow mo flip in the intro to girl-yeah right.
even the steven

Kage

« Reply #1886 on: September 23, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »
So apparently they are going to drag the rest of this out with one game per week. STEVEN YOU ARE GAY.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #1887 on: September 23, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »
Sunday must not be a peak day for hits on the site or something.  >:(

BriDen

« Reply #1888 on: September 23, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
Sunday must not be a peak day for hits on the site or something.  >:(

All the little berrics kids go to church to meet up with Yosiah.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #1889 on: September 23, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's nothing wrong with traveling, but ?? saying"oh this guy is cool because he moved" is stupid to me. I would rather see someone Kill all their local spots, and keep progressing, than seeing some lame dude do 5-0 180's all over the world.

[close]

it took three years but I finally agree with you on something.
[close]
You agree Kalis goes around the world doing 5-0 180s? COTG has proven time and time again that he has no concept of spot difficulty.
you probably suck so much dick at skating gipper