Author Topic: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread  (Read 181502 times)

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
Re: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 26, 2010, 03:55:09 AM »
Expand Quote
yeah pj is the only non-robot left.
[close]
HAHA pj's not a robot because he's from the east coast, and somehow torey is because he's from california. i swear people on here are idiots.
yeah that was a stupid one i admit,torey isn't a robot,only prod and shane are.
but i do love robots i'm a huge prod fan since day one.i don't get the east west coast thing you're talking about but whatever pj's and prod are my favorites for the win.

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1951 on: September 26, 2010, 07:01:22 AM »
when i don't think about it too much, i tend to implicitly believe that we actually have ronald reagan('s ghost) arguing with oj simpson about skate tricks on this board.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1952 on: September 26, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »
sean malto is definitely a robot, he does the same 5 tricks at every contest and it gets pretty boring to watch. same with torey pudwills ledge dance, its still pretty craze but at the rate he's going hes gonna burn me out on it.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1953 on: September 26, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
kinda wish i was a robot.  lock on rail...destroy rail...seek new target...beep.

^affirmative

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1954 on: September 26, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »
when i don't think about it too much, i tend to implicitly believe that we actually have ronald reagan('s ghost) arguing with oj simpson about skate tricks on this board.

two terrible people that only slap could bring together.  that's not really fair.  reagan was one of the worst people in history.  the juice is completely out of his league.

impossibles are incredibly wack.  the argument that the only reason someone doesn't like a trick is because they can't do it is brain numbingly stupid.  templeton is the only person i ever wanna see do an impossible, but i'd much rather see any of the other 5 tricks he has on lock.

definitely the foot wrap, not the angle, that makes an impossible
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:03:45 PM by MrDreamPop »
life poser

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1955 on: September 26, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

two terrible people that only slap could bring together.  that's not really fair.  reagan was one of the worst people in history.  the juice is completely out of his league.

impossibles are incredibly wack.  the argument that the only reason someone doesn't like a trick is because they can't do it is brain numbingly stupid.  templeton is the only person i ever wanna see do an impossible, but i'd much rather see any of the other 5 tricks he has on lock.

those goddamn impossibles seem to become trendy again. fuck them.

chronic taco

« Reply #1956 on: September 26, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
Just wondering is that dude Cotg Handicapped? Or just a piece of shit?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1957 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »
Just wondering is that dude Cotg Handicapped? Or just a piece of shit?

he is probably better than you at skateboarding.
where is home?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #1958 on: September 26, 2010, 07:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dylan reider over a bench is now o.k. too....I do them all the time but hate seeing other people do them....i was glad to see david gonzalez get stomped....

acider

« Reply #1959 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
any trick requires a certain bit practice to execute, but a trick like a front shuv is easier to make look good than an ollie impossible. ollie impossibles are about as easy to learn as front shuvs, maybe slightly harder, but not as many people can make them look good.  also keeping in mind the ollie part helps so much.   

Stunts

« Reply #1960 on: September 26, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »
any trick requires a certain bit practice to execute, but a trick like a front shuv is easier to make look good than an ollie impossible. ollie impossibles are about as easy to learn as front shuvs, maybe slightly harder, but not as many people can make them look good.  also keeping in mind the ollie part helps so much.  
oh really!?!

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1961 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
any trick requires a certain bit practice to execute, but a trick like a front shuv is easier to make look good than an ollie impossible. ollie impossibles are about as easy to learn as front shuvs, maybe slightly harder, but not as many people can make them look good.  also keeping in mind the ollie part helps so much.  
[close]
oh really!?!
different strokes for different folks, etc etc

i have ollie impossibles more consistently than front shuvs, i don't know why

acider

« Reply #1962 on: September 26, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
oh really!?!
obviously there is not linear level of difficulty for skateboarding trick and it is different for everyone, but in my experience observing friends and skaters in general, especially if you have the motion of 3 flips down moderately well, ollie impossibles are fairly easy.  myself and pretty much all my friends, who have taken the time to try the trick, found them to be much easier than expected, especially after realizing how important it is to focus on the ollie part

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1963 on: September 27, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
I wish skateboarding was more competitive, we should start divisions, like east and west, and have groups of skaters reppin' their cities, with uniforms, we are already half way there, shit would be soo sick, we'd get competitive, have divisional matches, play offs, shit talk.....I can jus tsee it now, and maybe one day, if we are lucky, skateboards would be in the olympics.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #1964 on: September 27, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »
I wish skateboarding was more competitive, we should start divisions, like east and west, and have groups of skaters reppin' their cities, with uniforms, we are already half way there, shit would be soo sick, we'd get competitive, have divisional matches, play offs, shit talk.....I can jus tsee it now, and maybe one day, if we are lucky, skateboards would be in the olympics.

hell yeah, sounds good 2 me ... what about trading "riders" and very exclusive contract shit ?

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1965 on: September 27, 2010, 08:58:02 AM »
Oh i would love to see that, sit at the bar on sunday nights watching NSL, damn make it happen

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1966 on: September 27, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hell yeah, sounds good 2 me ... what about trading "riders" and very exclusive contract shit ?

Pro skater X, says to his wife "sorry honey, we gotta move to San Diego" I got traded over there cause they saw value in my switch hardflids, I'm getting the veterans minimum on my contract though

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #1967 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »
"With the first pick in the 2011 NSL draft, the east coast selects...."
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #1968 on: September 28, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »
ToreyPudwill1:Battle at the berrics 3 finals is tomorrow night. Let's do this! @PlanbProd @PJLADD @shanejoneill

shanes gonna win.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1969 on: September 29, 2010, 11:52:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
oh really!?!
[close]
obviously there is not linear level of difficulty for skateboarding trick and it is different for everyone, but in my experience observing friends and skaters in general, especially if you have the motion of 3 flips down moderately well, ollie impossibles are fairly easy.  myself and pretty much all my friends, who have taken the time to try the trick, found them to be much easier than expected, especially after realizing how important it is to focus on the ollie part

I still can't do impossibles.  I think I should really try to learn so I can do much more "Fucking Around" when i skate.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1970 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
tre flips and impossibles are totally different. I don't know what in the hell that guy is talking about
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:29:43 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1971 on: September 29, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
So the finals are being played this weekend? And shown? Or wut
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1972 on: September 29, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
i hope t-puds wins so there will be another 10 pages added to this thread of people crying about his arms. fuckin babies.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1973 on: September 29, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
I have been doin 360 flips for like 14 years, and I have never done  a legit impossible, i don't understand how they work.

BriDen

« Reply #1974 on: September 29, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
tre flips and impossibles are totally different. I don't know what in the hell that guy is talking about

People who think tre flips are impossibles are similar are probably doing 360 shuvs and just keeping their toe on the board.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1975 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
in that case, i dont think I have ever done an impossible. I'm ok with it though.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1976 on: September 29, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

People who think tre flips are impossibles are similar are probably doing 360 shuvs and just keeping their toe on the board.
YOU DON'T SKATE. YOUR OPINION DOESN'T COUNT. Also, if you ever did skate, you obviously never could do 360 flips or impossibles, meaning your opinion doubly doesn't count. Although the trick looks far different, both require a  very similar scoop with the back foot, and a more prolonged float before the catch, it also comes around in a similar way
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1977 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
I can do both, and they aren't similar at all. Impossibles are closer to pressure flips.

evil swine

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1978 on: September 29, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
Impossible wraps around your back foot.  Nollie Impossibles = shin destroyer.

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1979 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
I can do both, and they aren't similar at all. Impossibles are closer to pressure flips.