Author Topic: Skate shoes with padding and stuff... like the original Koston or XLT.  (Read 6624 times)

ian7208

Re: Skate shoes with padding and stuff... like the original Koston or XLT.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 12:16:17 AM »
still running my TNT2 insoles from 3 years ago, fattest ass heel protection ever, I once skated a pair of crocs with them bitches in there

I tried the p-rod 2's today... too narrow but otherwise semi-decent. Addidas are basically indoor soccer shoes, but without the midsole padding my old Addidas indoor soccer shoes have. Puma indoor soccer shoes were better to skate than Addidas back when I was 12.

Those tnt2's might look good, will probably try them tomorrow. Guess it's those or the xlt's. eS and Emerica are out, as the eS ladd's contributed towards a 6 month perpetual injury. eS/Emerica need to pay someone $15 to google something better than the tiny g2 gel pad and padding that gets crushed down after a week, before I'll buy their stuff again. I like them cause they're a skate company, but they're almost as regular as Independent's "super light... not stupid light" ads. They spent more time on the stilabs g2 website than cutting an oval shape out of the cvs gel inserts 12 years ago.

The running shoe thing I posted wasn't totally serious, however Mizuno's 9oz shoes are probably lighter than any skate shoe and have more functional padding than all of them. The materials are just more modern. It makes them so much more comfortable, without being bulky. I think skate shoe companies have basically taken a step backwards from when I was in high school and the K1's came out.

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 12:40:23 AM »
still running my TNT2 insoles from 3 years ago, fattest ass heel protection ever, I once skated a pair of crocs with them bitches in there

Were they the vulcs?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:39 AM »
jsut got axion mandelas as per slap advice

FigsyLeBon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 07:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Were they the vulcs?

Oh course, board feel for days and the holes near the toes mean your toe-jam just oozes right outta there
Quote from: My penis is on my forehead
damn fam.... yall dont want it with Kalis

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »
i really like nike free runners, they feel really good and skate pretty good in transition and while cruising, I dont know why nike hasn't tried doing anything with it for the SB line.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried the p-rod 2's today... too narrow but otherwise semi-decent. Addidas are basically indoor soccer shoes, but without the midsole padding my old Addidas indoor soccer shoes have. Puma indoor soccer shoes were better to skate than Addidas back when I was 12.

Those tnt2's might look good, will probably try them tomorrow. Guess it's those or the xlt's. eS and Emerica are out, as the eS ladd's contributed towards a 6 month perpetual injury. eS/Emerica need to pay someone $15 to google something better than the tiny g2 gel pad and padding that gets crushed down after a week, before I'll buy their stuff again. I like them cause they're a skate company, but they're almost as regular as Independent's "super light... not stupid light" ads. They spent more time on the stilabs g2 website than cutting an oval shape out of the cvs gel inserts 12 years ago.

The running shoe thing I posted wasn't totally serious, however Mizuno's 9oz shoes are probably lighter than any skate shoe and have more functional padding than all of them. The materials are just more modern. It makes them so much more comfortable, without being bulky. I think skate shoe companies have basically taken a step backwards from when I was in high school and the K1's came out.

What is so advanced about the K1's?  If you really want some of the tech and thought that running shoes have you should get the Zoom Tres.  I havent tried them though I really want to, but they seem like theyd be just what youre looking for.  Everyone else is pretty much just rehashing the same shit that people have been skating for 15 years, but most people are fine with that.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »
nike sb zoom tre a.d. is the end

until pt. 2

ian7208

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What is so advanced about the K1's?  If you really want some of the tech and thought that running shoes have you should get the Zoom Tres.  I havent tried them though I really want to, but they seem like theyd be just what youre looking for.  Everyone else is pretty much just rehashing the same shit that people have been skating for 15 years, but most people are fine with that.

Yeah probably, you're probably right about the tre's. The k1's were well constructed and had that air packet. It's not like someone couldn't duplicate or improve on it, but like you said, nobody's really been interested in doing so. In addition to skating 3 pairs of the originals, I also played tennis in a worn out pair for 4 months in hs. They fell apart, but my feet never hurt. I still have them around. Maybe I should post a photo, they're probably the most destroyed k1's ever. Also, checked out the tnt2's and the insole pad is alright, but it's just on a vulc sole.

http://www.weartested.de/ is a good site. I just found it from the forums yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:46:06 PM by ian7208 »

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »
i really like nike free runners, they feel really good and skate pretty good in transition and while cruising, I dont know why nike hasn't tried doing anything with it for the SB line.

The Tre AD, the Veloce, and the upcoming FP all use/used variants on the Nike free sole. Good mix of flexibility and durability.
SPB!

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
those look that those girls who wear bootcut sweatpants with stuff like "juicy" on them would wear.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »

those look like a skateable version of these

ian7208

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
Got the nike tre ad's. They're wider than the p-rod's, so they fit well. The other nice thing about the sole is it's flexible, like my running shoes. Going to skate them with the same cvs gel inserts I have too. Those things are awesome. I would have gotten Vans, DC, Lakai, or someone, I guess they just need to step up and make a wider variety of shoes. 

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »
plan b with tensors? those shoes? thats the harshest setup ive ever seen.

Lane2095

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »
DVS anthems are really good with board feel/padding and the new getz 5s coming out will be amazing to skate in and are of course a cupsole. Besides that most of the nikes that look vulc are pretty much a cup sole like the harbors.

lawnguyland

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 11:13:50 PM »
i recently got the newest eS McCrank shoe and there seriously like walking with pillows under your feet. most comfortable shoes ive had in a long time and good board feel

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:17:55 PM by lawnguyland »

ian7208

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
plan b with tensors? those shoes? thats the harshest setup ive ever seen.

haha, no. i really like it a lot. i just switched out the bushings, i wanted to try tensors. my old trucks were super heavy, and i got tired of it. but i could like, go along with the orthodoxy or something if that would be cool.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:06:56 AM by ian7208 »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 02:25:20 AM »
DVS anthems are really good with board feel/padding and the new getz 5s coming out will be amazing to skate in and are of course a cupsole. Besides that most of the nikes that look vulc are pretty much a cup sole like the harbors.
harbors are vulcanised

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
they look big enough, but they were totally comfortable, the sole last forever.

BriDen

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
Superskate cupsoles? Nice. I've got two pairs of the vulc version right now, holding up nicely but I had to throw extra insoles in both of them cuz they're so damn thin.

Another non-SB adidas that's made for this thread is the Tapper Evolution. Skates really good right out of the box and the support hasn't given out after wearing and skating them on/off for about 5 months.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:29 AM »
If I could find a pair of the Koston 3's (the ones that looked like basketball shoes) I'd be in love.
That was my all time favorite skate shoe.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

TheHyphyVelociraptor

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Haha...$150 for fucking shoes...might as well get those Tre A.D.s.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
If I could find a pair of the Koston 3's (the ones that looked like basketball shoes) I'd be in love.
That was my all time favorite skate shoe.
[close]

What size?

9:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ES-Eric-Koston-K3-Skate-Shoes-Size-9-/350338041646?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5191c6472e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ES-Eric-Koston-K3-Skate-Shoes-Size-8-5-/350338041690?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5191c6475a

8:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ES-Eric-Koston-K3-Skate-Shoes-Size-8-/350338041595?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5191c646fb
http://cgi.ebay.com/ES-Eric-Koston-K3-Skate-Shoes-Size-8-/350338041599?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item5191c646ff

Haha, the shop thats selling those is so lame.  Its called Bad Boys Club, and its owned by this old guy whos never skated and is a total kook.  They overprice everything.  Look at all the other old ass shoes hes selling, its insane.  Its because he never sells anything and just stock piles them.  I used to go there when I first started skating until I realized how much it sucked.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »
I had the salazars for a few hours until I forgot them in train.

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
i used to think these were awesome

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »

thug it on out

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 01:11:16 AM »
anybody happen to have had a pair of the estillo quattro's? i wanna give cardiel some of my fat home depot monies.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Lane2095

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
harbors are vulcanised
Yes thats what i said the harbors have the vulc look but have good padding in the sole which feels like a regular cupsole.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »
i got the nike classic his over the weekend and they are great... cupsole with boardfeel like a pair of vans.  and air in the heel.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding