Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER THREAD  (Read 5400 times)

DARIA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -60
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
STREET FIGHTER THREAD
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »
anyone play? pocket fighter? 3rd strike? CVS2? GGPO? SFIV?

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
Re: STREET FIGHTER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:38:12 PM »
anyone play? pocket fighter? 3rd strike? CVS2? GGPO? SFIV?
idk what any of that shit is but i think SFIV means street fighter 4?
and if that is indeed what it stands for than yes, i rape tits at that fucking game.
also, a funny gif   :)  tehehe

MurrayHewitt

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »
3s and super turbo and trying to get into sf4 but I need to get a 360 or ps3 for that.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5peqApgUA

best sf clip ever

Are these the best of the world?

Ender was amazing
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
this guy knows how to use Q to the fullest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plKP7myW0pM

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
I'm a big fan. Who's getting Super on Tuesday?

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 03:18:52 AM »
im getting ssf4, add me on XBL -  uhnfunny. i also play on GGPO with the same name

heres some 3s steez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlj3_tzXXlo

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:20:50 AM by DARIA »

CrapShoes

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
I'm a big fan. Who's getting Super on Tuesday?

i will be getting super on tuesday.

Gorilla Flip

• Rep: -4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 04:13:01 PM »
I'll be getting super. Haven't touched SFIV before. Psyched

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5peqApgUA

best sf clip ever
Love the hype from the crowd.

And... maybe 2nd best sf clip... happened just this last Friday night, same two players... Daigo and Wong.  SSF4 LA Fight Club exhibition match, best of five matches ended like this... jump to 4:10 if you aren't interested in the rest of the play.  Both guys have 2 matches won, and 1 round each at 4:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJgS1C0ZUU&feature=player_embedded

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks4C_MnPT4E

This entire series basically reminds you how much you suck at these games

CrapShoes

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
super is the shit.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »
i saw daigo in person playing at the SF3 third strike championships in japan(togeki super battle opera 06 i believe it was)... fucking unreal. he didnt win someone actualyl beat him with chun li that year
ONTARIO CANADA

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks4C_MnPT4E

This entire series basically reminds you how much you suck at these games

Man....I had no idea people play on defense so much in the SF series. Most of the time I see people just going in on attacks and jumping around like a mother fucker. Would hate to just have someone just sit there and fucking throw fireballs all day long.

Man...I have to get the new SF. Fucking sold out everywhere though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
if someone is throwin fireballs it leaves them open for air attack big time... you get in position then wait til they throw the next one and jump kick them and then combo...

half of street fighter is placement of your man... the other half is timing and reflexes...
ONTARIO CANADA

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
^^Your right. I just haven't plaid SF in a few. Back in the days it was all about linking combos, even if you knew they were going to block. I phased out when SF3 came out with the tech hits and the difference in combos you can do. I still think SF2 Trubo was probably when it was at it's best and all it did was allow you to pick the same character as the other person, let you play as the bosses and was a little faster in speed.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 05:55:27 PM »
i saw daigo in person playing at the SF3 third strike championships in japan(togeki super battle opera 06 i believe it was)... fucking unreal. he didnt win someone actualyl beat him with chun li that year

ill believe that when I see a match vid.

and throwing fireballs doesnt mean you're open for an air attack if you zone the other guy properly.

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
I play a lot of Street Fighter. Play in tournies sometimes. If you want to hit me up on XBL for Super SFIV or HD Remix my gamertag is 'final cut'.

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:02 AM »
soooo cody has some shitty wakeup :\

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and throwing fireballs doesnt mean you're open for an air attack if you zone the other guy properly.

you quoted that wrong... that is an L not an I.

There are lots of people on the same skill level as him. In japan people on average are 1000x better than anyone in USA. like if you go to any arcade in tokyo people are going to destroy you using zangief... and this was after i had been playing constantly on xbox live and was basically at my prime.

you would be hard pressed to find someone who can never be beaten. everyone loses matches because a lot of street fighter is "rock paper scissors" meaning if you choose one route you are opening yourself up for attacks.

the best players are people who make zero mistakes on moves, know the placements and jump distances/ special moves of every character, can maximize their odds for success on attacks (i.e. even after your attack you are ready to defend against counter), and most importantly, can combo every single type of hit. that is where i really suck. i can get just as many hits against a pro player but since my combos arent as good i always lose by a small amount of health. the best people will always get the most insane combos on you, they dont waste hits, every hit is an opportunity for more damage.

there are a lot of problems with the older street fighter games for snes as far as balancing issues... with guile you can actually do a re-dizzy... its fucking cheap as fuck bascially it only takes you 2 or 3 moves to win the match, and there are tons of japanese people that can run that shit every try.

i used to think i was good at street fighter til i went to japan and seriosuly everyone is fucking insane there and they dotn give a fuck about playing online either because they still have arcades there. so even though you may have a good online ranking you still may be a piece of shit compared to the average tokyo player.
ONTARIO CANADA

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
^^^I've experienced that. I was in Hawaii when I was young when Street Fighter was still in it's hay day and this Japanese fucker destroy me using Zangief. On average, most people I see play use Ken or Ryu. I get surprised even when people fuck shit up using E-Honda and Blanka.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
i am amazing with e-honda, that 100 hand slap is key because it does so much damage EVEN IF YOUR OPPONENT BLOCKS IT. it does even more if you do the fierce version but its hard to do; i figured out a cheap way to do it - you jam on all three punches at once not the punch x 3 button i mean light medium and fierce all at once, for some reason the computer chooses to do the fierce version of the move.

also like how i was saying before i am not very good at combos compared to professional players, those kind of dudes usually kill you in 3 attacks (like 3 seperate combos sequences) tops, cause as soon as they hit you once you are going to get combod, those dudes dont fuck around. that is why E-honda is such a good player for me to use because i dont have to get as many hits in. i am a really good defensive player i have solid reflexes i just dont have the techincal ability... that is also like my skateboarding haha i can ollie really high but i cant sakte switch or do backside tailslides to save my life.
ONTARIO CANADA

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
After watching these videos, I guess there is no code of ethics in throwing people. Back in the days, you were a bitch ass if you threw anyone but now it seems to be used in a strategical way.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »
After watching these videos, I guess there is no code of ethics in throwing people. Back in the days, you were a bitch ass if you threw anyone but now it seems to be used in a strategical way.
whot

back then it was your fault for not tech-ing the throws. these days, they basically toned down throwing.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
I am talking about the era when Street Fighter 2 first came out before all the super combos and other crap they have now. When there used to be just bunch of quarters lined up so you can play the next person while tons of people watched around you. Whenever there was some fucker that would just run up and throw you, everyone around you pretty much fucking hated you. You couldn't tech shit back in the days and I know you can just fuck them up if they came near you but still, it was looked down upon.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 07:44:41 PM »
That's funny how there's such a difference. The arcade I went to when I was young had a "win at all costs" thing. I remember the older guys would swindle kids out of their money that way. They would do nothing but throw or do a bunch of other cheap stuff, pissing them off so much that they would lose. God, I wish I still had an arcade nearby.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you quoted that wrong... that is an L not an I.

There are lots of people on the same skill level as him. In japan people on average are 1000x better than anyone in USA. like if you go to any arcade in tokyo people are going to destroy you using zangief... and this was after i had been playing constantly on xbox live and was basically at my prime.

you would be hard pressed to find someone who can never be beaten. everyone loses matches because a lot of street fighter is "rock paper scissors" meaning if you choose one route you are opening yourself up for attacks.

the best players are people who make zero mistakes on moves, know the placements and jump distances/ special moves of every character, can maximize their odds for success on attacks (i.e. even after your attack you are ready to defend against counter), and most importantly, can combo every single type of hit. that is where i really suck. i can get just as many hits against a pro player but since my combos arent as good i always lose by a small amount of health. the best people will always get the most insane combos on you, they dont waste hits, every hit is an opportunity for more damage.

there are a lot of problems with the older street fighter games for snes as far as balancing issues... with guile you can actually do a re-dizzy... its fucking cheap as fuck bascially it only takes you 2 or 3 moves to win the match, and there are tons of japanese people that can run that shit every try.

i used to think i was good at street fighter til i went to japan and seriosuly everyone is fucking insane there and they dotn give a fuck about playing online either because they still have arcades there. so even though you may have a good online ranking you still may be a piece of shit compared to the average tokyo player.

oh shit, I completely misread that, kook me. there are players in the us that are also on daigos skill level and higher, watson and cole and are on that level and the wolfe bros are on their own trip. also, justin wong isnt the best sf player in the us, hes just the poster child.

and the rest of what youre saying is really generic and applies to all fighting games and doesnt really speak on street fighter specifically. you dont need giant combos to be effective in sf, if you got good zoning and baiting and you know your matchups youre more than likely gonna win the match against someone who doesnt know that stuff or at least hold your own really well.

and online play doesnt mean shit because of lag, it makes every fighting game way more random, besides, playing people in real life is way more fun anyways.

and that thing with hondas x3 PPPs, the best thing is to negative edge the Ps so you get 2 attempts for the price of 1. negative edging is when you hold down and let go of the buttons so the controller registers a P for the press AND the release. this tech works for every video game that uses buttons.

throwing was never a bitch move, its just another move in your arsenal, sometimes its the only thing you got when it comes to playing against characters like sagat. the only true bitch move was using akuma.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:59:20 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »