Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER THREAD  (Read 5395 times)

CrapShoes

Re: STREET FIGHTER THREAD
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »
who is everyones favorite character?

ster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 01:44:14 AM »
I am talking about the era when Street Fighter 2 first came out before all the super combos and other crap they have now. When there used to be just bunch of quarters lined up so you can play the next person while tons of people watched around you. Whenever there was some fucker that would just run up and throw you, everyone around you pretty much fucking hated you. You couldn't tech shit back in the days and I know you can just fuck them up if they came near you but still, it was looked down upon.
sf2 before st, you could still tech throws i believe. you still took damage, but you recovered a lot quicker i believe.

sf4 and sf2 are seriously different games, even though sf4 was supposed to be similar to ssf2t.

also, justin wong is more of a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy. he's extremely good with pretty much all characters. i believe he won a tournament with fei long, and fei long sorta sucks in sf4. :P

DARIA

• Rep: -60
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 03:02:29 AM »

After watching these videos, I guess there is no code of ethics in throwing people. Back in the days, you were a bitch ass if you threw anyone but now it seems to be used in a strategical way.

throwing was never a bitch move, its just another move in your arsenal, sometimes its the only thing you got when it comes to playing against characters like sagat. the only true bitch move was using akuma.
[/quote]

i use throws alot. its a good when your trying to mind fuck with the other person. 2 throws, 1 sweep, fatty combo/ wait for them to wake up srk then punish

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 09:41:56 AM »
Man...so I got the game and maybe I just suck shit but fuck I can't fucking link combos or supers for shit on a regular PS3 controller. Still game seems just like the ones of old. Had no problem beating the game right out of the box but don't even want to fuck with people online yet.

Do people on here use specific controllers? I know there is the arcade controller but I wonder if that is any good. Anyone have this?:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
You're going to want to get an arcade stick.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
my fav guys are guile and honda

akuma has the lowest D out of everyone in the entire game i dont see how hes a cheap character

tech hits did not reach street fiighter til ssf2turbo.

mr fongstarr makes a valid point. throws were extremely cheap in the early street fighter games because priority sequence had not been established yet. so you could use a faster character like vega or chun li and jump right next to your opponent and throw them and there would be absolutely nothing yuo could do to stop it. now they have it so if you are just landing from a jump you have to wait an extra milli-second to execute the throw (so if you dont get throwed first then you deserve to throw them for being newb) also throws did a lot more damage back then.
ONTARIO CANADA

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45:58 AM »
Man...so I got the game and maybe I just suck shit but fuck I can't fucking link combos or supers for shit on a regular PS3 controller. Still game seems just like the ones of old. Had no problem beating the game right out of the box but don't even want to fuck with people online yet.

Do people on here use specific controllers? I know there is the arcade controller but I wonder if that is any good. Anyone have this?:

i recommend getting a stick but everyone has their own preferences. arcade sticks make all the inputs easier once you get used to using one but ive seen some controller wizards kill people with ease too. hori sticks are really good, those things use good parts and are decently priced and they use convex buttons instead of concave ones and the buttons have good feedback on them but if youre gonna get a pad, the one in that pictures actually really good.

akuma has the lowest D out of everyone in the entire game i dont see how hes a cheap character

in sf2? not really, ALL his attacks have more priority, you cant dizzy him, his air fireballs are broken and his red ones are completely unbalanced.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
in sf2? not really, ALL his attacks have more priority, you cant dizzy him, his air fireballs are broken and his red ones are completely unbalanced.

uh.... akuma wasnt in any game until ssf2turbo... im assuming that is what you are talking about. in that case he is a secret character and i dont think he should really count. you haev to do something ridiclous in order to have to pick him like hover over certain guys for like 4 seconds each then press like 4 buttons at once.
ONTARIO CANADA

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »

Blitz

• Rep: -4
  • Skateboarding > Everything Else
    • MyBerrics avatar image
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »
who is everyones favorite character?
SF2 series - Ken
SFA - Ryu
SFA2 - Guy
SFA3 - Cody
SF3 series - Ken
SF4 - Ryu, Abel
SSF4 - Cody
MVC - War Machine, Ryu
MVC2 - Jin, Cyclops, War Machine

Blitz

• MyBerrics avatar image
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i recommend getting a stick but everyone has their own preferences. arcade sticks make all the inputs easier once you get used to using one but ive seen some controller wizards kill people with ease too. hori sticks are really good, those things use good parts and are decently priced and they use convex buttons instead of concave ones and the buttons have good feedback on them but if youre gonna get a pad, the one in that pictures actually really good.

Expand Quote

[close]

Arcade fight sticks are by far the way to go. From Casuals to Pro's, you're better off getting one. It may take time to get used to but, it's def. worth it in so many ways. just make sure you get a tournament edition stick. Standards are garbage without mods.

Blitz

• MyBerrics avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Are these the best of the world?

Ender was amazing
Justin Wong - best of america
Daigo Umehara - best of Japan and World.

(daigo wins evo pretty much EVERY YEAR)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »
sega genesis had the best controller for street fighter and it was mega responsive

i find those XBOX ones are shit. i have the akuma one its pretty fucking piss poor i feel like it lags between the time you enter the command and the character responds compared to using the standard xbox or ps3 controller... but if ur playing xbox id just get a stick and deal with it cause the controller is horrible on that system for SF. PS3 i can dig though because i used to always like to assign hard punch on R1 and hard kick on R2 so that way you dont have to fuck around with the same hand...

this is what i mean... like say you were playing super NES, youir default setting will have hard punch on the L button... well its fucking hard doing a shoryuken (especially switch) with just 1 hand in my opinion its way easier to get timing using both hands
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »
ONTARIO CANADA

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2022, 05:57:02 AM »
Been playing the closed beta for SF6. I’m getting wrecked for the most part, but the game is really fun.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2022, 11:47:35 AM »
I downloaded the leaked version a while back and it was decent. I still miss playing in the arcade when i was a young buck.