Author Topic: Wallenberg Construction - EPIC  (Read 4880 times)

RightCoastBiased

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Wallenberg Construction - EPIC
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How has no one noticed that there's no run-up to those rails?

Sounds like the old people at my work asking why I don't do the rails outside (they have all of 2 feet of run up). They don't skate, so they have the right to not know. What's your excuse?
[close]

Those rails look like the have considerable run-up.
[close]

What, are you gonna come flying out of that door or something? Or are you saying to hit it at 90 degrees? Dude, that's not enough speed to get through thirty fucking kinks with flat sections. Where do you see "considerable run-up"? I'm seriously curious.

I was thinking this rail

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How has no one noticed that there's no run-up to those rails?

Sounds like the old people at my work asking why I don't do the rails outside (they have all of 2 feet of run up). They don't skate, so they have the right to not know. What's your excuse?
[close]

Those rails look like the have considerable run-up.
[close]

What, are you gonna come flying out of that door or something? Or are you saying to hit it at 90 degrees? Dude, that's not enough speed to get through thirty fucking kinks with flat sections. Where do you see "considerable run-up"? I'm seriously curious.
[close]

i don't know about a considerable run up but you don't need a tremendous amount of space to hit that rail. 
it pretty low and the down slope will generate enough momentum to get you through the kinks.

the one thing that skateboarders have proven throughout the years is that there is no such thing as "can't".   

You have a point there. Skaters will always find a way.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:27 AM »
Expand Quote
how has no one mentioned the handicap rail? I can see some crazy flatbar tricks being done to transfer
[close]

actually, Id like to see someone gap the rail and grind one of the ledges, it looks like theres enough space to do it.
Maybe I'm the only one getting confused from this. Are you talking about going up the handicap bump, over the flat + rail, then grinding the wallenburg ledges? Because that would boggle the fuck out of my mind if someone did that.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how has no one mentioned the handicap rail? I can see some crazy flatbar tricks being done to transfer
[close]

actually, Id like to see someone gap the rail and grind one of the ledges, it looks like theres enough space to do it.
[close]
Maybe I'm the only one getting confused from this. Are you talking about going up the handicap bump, over the flat + rail, then grinding the wallenburg ledges? Because that would boggle the fuck out of my mind if someone did that.
I think ollieing over the top of the kinked rails to the top ledge is what he's talking about.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight