Author Topic: Do you leave your board behind when you travel with your partner?  (Read 218 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Or do you always take it with you? 

Fernzilla

• Rep: 10
Re: Do you leave your board behind when you travel with your partner?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:20:21 AM »
I once saw a couple slow pushing their luggage on their boards at the airport and I was super jealous. 

I've always left my board but looking back I "could've" taken it and probably should've if I'm reminiscing about it.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 12:18:09 PM »
My wife and I are about to go on a 10 day road trip. I have two surfboards and a skateboard loaded up. "Just in case."

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • and darkness fell upon the white boy
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 03:15:33 PM »
NO BOARD LEFT BEHIND! You know yer gonna regret it!

fuckin LIME scooters are a game changer for when you want to go for a scratch but your companion isn't a skateboarder, especially in a place with some hills, believe you me: these things are good at towing carcass up a hill.

I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 151
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 08:14:41 PM »
I always bring my board. I try to sneak in morning sessions when she’s still sleeping. If she’s with me, I get about 20 minutes before she starts complaining, but on the plus side she’ll usually film some clips for me

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 160
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 09:16:05 PM »
It's my understanding that it is totally chill to bring your board as long as you vlog about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0fauhHBB5U

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1861
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 10:23:22 PM »
I always bring my board. I try to sneak in morning sessions when she’s still sleeping. If she’s with me, I get about 20 minutes before she starts complaining, but on the plus side she’ll usually film some clips for me

Yup, same scenario as back home.

I leave my board at home, but pick up a fresh one from the local shop to support the local scene. I pack my trucks, wheels, bearings and hardware along, not dealing with fresh bushings in a new country.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 12:54:32 AM »
No but sometimes I leave my partner behind when I travel with my bloard.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

JM

• Rep: 194
  • sup dog
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 03:10:38 PM »
Story time:

Back in 2004 i went on a five day trip to NYC with my girlfriend at the time. I was really into her and didn’t bring my board so i wouldn’t be tempted to skate and ignore her.

While on the trip she asked me why i didn’t bring my skateboard, and i will die regretting i did not skate the banks and other NYC spots we came across during our explorations, when i was young and energetic.  (Even if i skated it now, it would not be the fucking same.).

So, last month, going to SF for five days, almost did the exact same thing of not bringing my board so i wouldn’t ignore my wife.

But this time, to hell with that. I brought it and am so glad i did: skated that UN plaza and in the middle of the streets of SF (no bombing hills because fuck that, y’all psycho, haha. Mad respect)  i couldn’t do much, and got tired really quickly… but i won’t be living with regret now that i did some skate tourism. (Looked at Pier 7, and was happy to see it, i didn’t have a chance to see Third and Army, but that’s okay… no time for everything)

So, yes, always bring your board and don’t live with regret. The worst that happens is that you just don’t use it. Better to have it though.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1861
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 10:16:41 PM »
Story time:

Back in 2004 i went on a five day trip to NYC with my girlfriend at the time. I was really into her and didn’t bring my board so i wouldn’t be tempted to skate and ignore her.

While on the trip she asked me why i didn’t bring my skateboard, and i will die regretting i did not skate the banks and other NYC spots we came across during our explorations, when i was young and energetic.  (Even if i skated it now, it would not be the fucking same.).

So, last month, going to SF for five days, almost did the exact same thing of not bringing my board so i wouldn’t ignore my wife.

But this time, to hell with that. I brought it and am so glad i did: skated that UN plaza and in the middle of the streets of SF (no bombing hills because fuck that, y’all psycho, haha. Mad respect)  i couldn’t do much, and got tired really quickly… but i won’t be living with regret now that i did some skate tourism. (Looked at Pier 7, and was happy to see it, i didn’t have a chance to see Third and Army, but that’s okay… no time for everything)

So, yes, always bring your board and don’t live with regret. The worst that happens is that you just don’t use it. Better to have it though.

I'd leave my partner to do their own thing while doing my own skate tourism, spots can be in rough neighbourhoods and unpleasantness for non-skaters.

Me: "This is THE legendary 3rd and Army, those Busenitz lines!!! The curved ledge!! WOW!!!!"

Her: "Why did you bring me to a homeless encampment?"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m