Author Topic: My own hip-hop song (NYC themed)  (Read 1136 times)

brazillionaire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
My own hip-hop song (NYC themed)
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
Hey yall

Last year i made some lyrics and mixed on the Public Enemy's Harder than You Think beat.. yes, that second one that Koston skates on in Fully Flared.
Although never been there, Ive always been stoked on NYC, since the very first time i saw Larry Clark's KIDS, when i was 12
By that time I didnt know who Harold Hunter was, actually i dint really know what skateboarding really was... but i got psyched on the citys vibe and it was the first time i listened to real hip-hop (Tribe's Oh, My God)

The song is called NYC All Day and makes some references to Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys.. as well to Dante Ross, Reda and the Berrics
I know the Pals aint down with the Berrics, neither am i these days... I was pretty psyched on the website and the Hip-hop History 101 at the time though, and it kinda gave me inspiration to try doing this.. so im already askin yall to cut me some slack  ;D heres the link to my blog with the audiostream

http://parallelskate.blogspot.com/2009/12/hip-hop_09.html
http://parallelskate.blogspot.com/2009/12/hip-hop_09.html

tell me what you think of it hahaha thanks!

brazillionaire

Re: My own hip-hop song (NYC themed)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »
any replies =/... shit's that bad?

i know it aint grammy material.. but i did it with heart! hahah
just kidding, i had a fun time doing it though

smokecrack

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
don't worry man, folks on here can be a lil lame sometimes. honestly, the Public Enemy beat is a good choice and the lyrics are not bad. i can tell english isn't your first language (portugese blog, so you're probably brazilian.) all you need to do is learn how to utilize the studio. i've recorded a few "rap" songs (their kinda experimental/noisy) and i've never been fully satisfied with my vocals. do you just record one take with your vocals? try layering, doing adlibs, using a better mic (i know, having limited/shitty equipment sucks) all you have to really do is master your flow. keep rapping and keep trying to expand your vocabulary/style. not saying your limited, but just keep at it. i hope some of this input may help a bit. good luck with future songs, man.

here's some of my experimental and rap stuff. im not hyped on the rap shit i have cuz it's 2 years old, but check it anyways. i think you're jam's better than any of my old shit, but maybe you'll dig some of it.:

experimental project: www.myspace.com/satanicchristorchestra
weird rap: www.myspace.com/smokecrackrealbig

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »
the only guy who replied to this was a crack head, this has to tell you something.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

smokecrack

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »
yeah dude. my name and avatar completely reflect what i am in real life. you obviously are David Byrne, correct? the ghetto kid is OJ Simpson and Boomhaur is Boomhaur, duh! damn, why can't you just give him your opinion on his music? does everyone have to be witty/sarcastic about everything?

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:41:02 AM »
hey brazillionaire, i enjoyed it. i like your accent. smoke crack, i enjoyed your stuff too. here's a rapp i recorded a few days ago: http://www.zshare.net/audio/76353030e092036c/
i can't rap, but we should all collaborate. i've talked about this before but i would love a slap posse cut. 92? rawb?

gnarlesmanson?

smokecrack

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »
i'm totally feelin your song, gulo gulo and i'd be more than down for a SLAP posse cut. gotta recruit Rawb, 92, gnarles and whoever else would be up for it. let's see if brazzillionaire is down. let's do this shit!

(main questions: what would the song/beat be and lyrical content. should it just be a free-for-all lyrically? doesn't rawb do beats?)

Shred Nugent

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
slap rap

brazillionaire

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »
thanks for listening yo
i usually dont listen to this kind of alternative music, but you have nice stuff there, crack... courtship hatings dope
and gulo gulos song has such a nice beat.. cool lyrics too hahah

and whats a posse cut? youre thinking about all slap collabo song?
id sure be down

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
"Your still alive, Cause you are fucking with me !"
 "I don't hesitate putting a dick in your mouth on photoshop"

My lines in the slap rapsong, Don't worry I won't rap more. I promise (unless you ask me to)

Ps. Is it on or in photoshop? it's fucking late and as you might know english isn't my native language..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:05:56 PM by vihreekerma »

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »
by the way, the song was kinda cool! nice early 90's mixtape feeling!

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
this sounds sick a slap rap song would be dope. ive never rapped before, think it would be fun, but i like the idea for nyc theme, i still listen to early 90s newyork hiphop more than anything.