Author Topic: Manderson Deck  (Read 13787 times)

Mullet Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Manderson Deck
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys buy boards strictly for the graphics and/or to support the pro? Are you rich or something? Damn.

Only one dude in this thread even considered the shape? This will for sure be looked back on as the worst era of skateboarding ever. Thanks, kids.
[close]

only bitches trip off of shapes. i mean if you can't do tricks on a board just because of the shape, then you just fucking suck at skateboarding. i've never bought a board because of the shape. good skaters can kill shit on zip zingers, if its got a tail, there is no reason to be picky. having a slightly steeper concave isn't gonna make you better or worse.

Yeah, tell that to Mike Carroll.

Dude, you are a COMPLETE FUCKING MORON if you think shape doesn't matter. YOU are what I'm talking about. You're an embarrassment to skateboarding. I can't believe this is even an argument, but this is what skateboarding has become.

You've been taught wrong. If you have an older brother, he needs his ass kicked for letting you become such a douchebag. You get off easy because (I assume) you're only 12.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys buy boards strictly for the graphics and/or to support the pro? Are you rich or something? Damn.

Only one dude in this thread even considered the shape? This will for sure be looked back on as the worst era of skateboarding ever. Thanks, kids.
[close]

only bitches trip off of shapes. i mean if you can't do tricks on a board just because of the shape, then you just fucking suck at skateboarding. i've never bought a board because of the shape. good skaters can kill shit on zip zingers, if its got a tail, there is no reason to be picky. having a slightly steeper concave isn't gonna make you better or worse.
I had this long winded post about how shape is everything but it turned out to be lame as fuck. It's personal preference. I guess I'd rather be picky and comfortable on my board than not picky and having a fucked day. But seeing as it's Krooked, it's going to be a good shape no matter what. Every Krooked I've had has been perfect, so I'm not stressin.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, tell that to Mike Carroll.

Dude, you are a COMPLETE FUCKING MORON if you think shape doesn't matter. YOU are what I'm talking about. You're an embarrassment to skateboarding. I can't believe this is even an argument, but this is what skateboarding has become.

You've been taught wrong. If you have an older brother, he needs his ass kicked for letting you become such a douchebag. You get off easy because (I assume) you're only 12.

you're making a fool of yourself. you don't even know me. the saddest thing is you probably think you're right. i mean seriously, how can you mean all those things without actually having seen me skate? because thats what its about right? come on, i'm 18, i ain't got no older brother. but hey, if i'm embarrassing skateboarding, then embarrassing skateboarding is fun.

i mean listen to yourself: "you don't care about shapez d00d??? ur a moron! pretty soon we'll have a generation of skaters who dont care about shapez omg!!1'
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:44:37 PM by HyperBeam »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
Well the whole point of pro models is to actually support your favorite pros. The original intention was for a kid that is super stoked on Justin Brock to buy a Justin Brock deck and support him. Sure shape is important but I think it is important to support your favorite pros, especially when they are as rad as Manderson and when they are in the need like Manderson with a kid and all that shit.

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
...they are in the need like Manderson with a kid and all that shit.
He had to have this kid solely to go pro, that infant put shit in motion.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
Dude is officially a pro now  8)

http://www.dlxsf.com/summer10/kr/

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
stoked for him

smokecrack

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

that's one of the best things i've ever seen. im so hyped on Manderson and Gonz right now.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
that's one of the best things i've ever seen. im so hyped on Manderson and Gonz right now.

That was awesome.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

relevant to my intrests

• Rep: -58
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »
hallelujah

waskO

• Rep: 2
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That was awesome.
Good way to surprise him

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
It's about time.

uncle moneybags

• Rep: -1
  • it's 1994 put a date on it JESSE
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »

for the most part i'd agree, but since different shapes / concaves are made wouldn't you rather go with a deck that feels the best in the shop?

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »
Mullet Man, as an older skate rat in his mid 30's right at the moment I must say there is nothing wrong with people being hyped on Mike Anderson getting a board. People want to buy it and ride it. That's dope. When I was younger I did the exact same thing even when I was flowed boards. I bought(or traded for) the first boards and skated them on people I was super hyped on at the time. Reese Forbes first board with the swimming pool graphics. Had it. Quim Cardonas first board. Matt Field. Drake Jones. Josh Kalis. Tim O'Connor. Mike Hernandez(ADI). Frank Gerwer. The list goes on. When I got New Deal boards in the late 90's and early 2000's Kenny Reed got a board. I was amped. Instead of getting 3 tanks a month(Ryan Johnsons') I got the Kenny boards instead. Granted at first it was a bit to skinny for me but whatever....I rode a ton of them anyway. It had nothing to do with the graphics or shape...it was just who I was hyped on and I happened to luck out for the last one. I would have done it more  back then if certain people would have ever come out with boards such as Jesse McMillin and Sean Mullendore but they didn't. Fine by me. I still love to watch people come up and when they finally get a board regardless of the shape...I'll usually get it.

Props to Mike Manadis.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:37 AM »
Usually Krooked shapes are pretty much the same. If youve skated a 8.1 krooked you know what youre getting.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »

Beer Wizard

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »

Pro life seems to have changed him somewhat...

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
Doesnt that dude Albert Madrid have like four kids or something like that?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »
i will be paying for manderson's kid's next meal.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
excellent graphic. i'll be picking one up for certain, gotta support papa manderson!
[close]
[close]
[close]