Author Topic: Thrasher Maloof Finals montage  (Read 2811 times)

bandini

Re: Thrasher Maloof Finals montage
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
It's true, seeing skating in person is always way more fun. We've become kinda numbed out by video, I think.

I haven't been to a contest since the one in Golden Gate park that Tommy Guerrero won in like 1990, but I remember having a good time and not particularly caring about who did what trick...

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wonder if at a certain point Malto won't even need to bother physically showing up to these things. The judges'll just credit him for the back lip, hardflip, overcrook, back smith and noseblunt and move on. We all know he'll never miss any of those tricks and he can and will do them on any and every obstacle. The only real question is what order he'll do them in.

Ditto with Lutzka & his 270 stuff, Cole and the back 3, etc.

I guess "The Maloof Predictability Cup" didn't have the same appeal as a title to wow the world...

[close]

Glad someone agrees. I also don't understand why people still freak out and cheer when skaters land the same few tricks over and over... it's not that awesome if you do them all the fucking time.
[close]

its not like any of the guys out in NYC get to see pros skate in person, like live right in their faces.  this is really the first time that most people got to witness those dudes skate and you're hating because the crowd was hyped on seeing dudes kill it?  maybe on the west coast its pretty standard but not here on the east. 
the guys sitting behind me were screaming and yelling showing their support for almost every skater out there over the weekend.  everyone here in NYC was grateful that all those pros showed up to throw down for them, even an old timer like me.   

I'm in Pittsburgh. I just don't get the Malto hype and I feel like it's a bit of overhype.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Jip1029

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
I thought i saw a black hole appear where P rods hand touched the ground on the first ever not-perfect trick done by him...

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Sierras switch heel was sick! His slam was also tight, it looked fucking bad and he was all psyched and shit

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
i thought tommy sandovals commentary was the sickest thing

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »
not gonna lie, when I saw lutzka throw his board into the crowd I was hoping someone was going to throw it back at him.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »