Author Topic: Tight Car?  (Read 4449 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Tight Car?
« on: September 02, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »
I need to get a new car but have only so much cash for it. What do you guys think is tight around 15-20k used? I was thinking about getting something like this because I thought it kind of looks like a herse in a good way:

but now it's like the new G ride so not as sure anymore. Anybody got good car ideas around that price?

max power

Re: Tight Car?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:42:49 AM »
ITS GOT A HEMI

the interiors feel cheap and they look stupid. we rented one in may for a few days in florida.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:43:37 AM »

$800 used, $19k/year in precious gasoline

roulette

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:52:02 AM »
2001 or later japanese four-cylinder/four door, best overall cars for sure

max power

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 10:00:51 AM »
get a toyota corolla. they are very reliable and good on fuel. you're an idiot if you buy a car that has anything bigger than a 4 cylinder engine.

yeah dude!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 10:37:52 AM »
Yeah, I was gonna say get a Honda or Toyota. Get a Prius if you can afford it, the newer ones are pretty sick.

rhp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
    • my site avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:45:43 AM »
best get one of these

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:54 PM »
My family got our car for $2000 used

(not the actual car, but same model and color etc.)
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
vespas are corny.  get a saturn.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 06:45:58 PM »
best get one of these

Blazin honeys ridin sidesaddle

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 03:10:57 AM »
my focus is pretty sweet
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 03:34:18 AM »
You will be sorry if you buy a used Dodge, i was, sold it in under a year.  get a honda or acura.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:09:35 AM »
I used to have an integra. Acura\Honda's are good. Keep running and you can use any mechanic.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
my focus is pretty sweet

Comes with a free gas pump!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »
If you buy that dodge the AC will break then it will cost you 1200 to fix some of it then they will say, well it doesn't work but we are getting there.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
i'd buy a tercel...i bet you can get one cheap....

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 05:25:26 AM »
sounds just like owning a jetta...

sleeeping

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 09:04:39 AM »
Anyone who needs to spend over 15,000 on a car is too worried about impressing others. you can get a brand new car for around 10,12,000, have payments that are 200,250 and be straight.  i see kids around here driving bmw's and lexus or some crazy mercedes. I just dont get it, save your money for a house or invest it. or both.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »
yep....if there's one situation where  you should not be buying for vanity sake...it's a car...

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
buy that bones brigade caddy since obviously the only things that are cool must have a direct link to the act of skateboarding.

RudySucks

• Rep: 28
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 10:22:07 PM »
what i don't get is why people buy new cars. sure you can have a new car for 12,000, but its gonna be a fuckin kia. theres vanity, and theres buying a well made reliable car. not a fucking kia, or hyundai, or like my friends 17,000 cavalier. why not buy a 5 year old car that is awesome.

i just bought a prelude for 1400 that is pretty awesome, and if i scratch it i don't care, which is how i like it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 05:44:10 AM »
I got a used 2003 4 runner which is some special sports eddition that has beefed up ground effect and all kinds of extras like mud flaps and roof rack and all that.

I am not some spoiled kid spending Dads money. If you earn that shit then you deserve whatever crazy ass shit you want to spend it on. I busted my ass in school for 7 years getting a degree with no support from anyone and have really had to fight to get my career on a good path over the last 6 years with the IT crash and all that. Anyway, I think this car is a pretty modest way to reward myself for 13 years of hard work. If I wanted to be a look at me douche about it I would have just gone leased a 3 series beamer.

Anyway, I think it's tight. It's got an extra vent in the hood

and I huge sun roof plus a rear window that goes up and down by remote for helping me keep the vibe as chill as I want too.

One thing I don't know is how do you keep your shit from getting jacked in one of these things? I used to keep my camera equip and my boards and laptop and all that shit in the trunk in my old car. Anyone drive an SUV and got a suggestion for storing your shit in a way that help keep it from gettin smashed and grabbed?

uruguay

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 06:39:44 AM »
what i don't get is why people buy new cars. sure you can have a new car for 12,000, but its gonna be a fuckin kia. theres vanity, and theres buying a well made reliable car. not a fucking kia, or hyundai, or like my friends 17,000 cavalier. why not buy a 5 year old car that is awesome.

i just bought a prelude for 1400 that is pretty awesome, and if i scratch it i don't care, which is how i like it.
actually the new kias are really good, reliable cars with the best warranty you can find.

alec eiffel

• Rep: 1
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »
I have a used '01 Civic EX. Great car, hasnt given me a problem yet and the japanese cars arent known to have any problems. My payments are afforable, I cant really complain. I dont think I would ever buy a new car. A new motorcycle, yeah, motorcyles are cheap, especially sportbikes, you really get a bang for your buck as far as performance goes that cant be matched.

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
an SUV? not too worried about gasoline?
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 09:10:13 AM »
My work is 5 miles from my apartment and the skate spot I usually hit up after work is only five miles from there.

This thing is going to kill for skate missions. I am also a freak for Texas Skate Jam at Southside in Houston every year. If there was an award for best tail gating, I would likely be a contender. I spend almost as much time in my car with the homies as I do in the building each year. This ride will definitely help step up the number of bros who can comforatably chill and take a break from skating for the kiddies.

sleeeping

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 09:36:22 AM »
My comment still stands.
This country is fueled by people who feel the need to do everything in excess.
Spend,eat,consume,flaunt,addict etc.
Nothing wrong with having a reliable mode of transportation.You need to safely get to and from work or skating or wharever you go, its just when i see commercials for cars/suv's starting at 38,000 it just confuses the hell out of me. why anyone would want that kind of debt is beyond me, my time is worth way more than some expensive vehicle.
I get up and have the freedom to do what i want, all while still working and having a decnt reliable fairly new truck.
And when i said new i didnt mean brand new, i meant slightly used/new.
Saw some really clean 03/04 subaru's and totyotas for around 13.000. less than 20,000 miles. It's your money do as you please, im just putting my 2 cents in. in 10 years youll understand a little more.

max power

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 09:49:10 AM »
My comment still stands.
This country is fueled by people who feel the need to do everything in excess.
Spend,eat,consume,flaunt,addict etc.
right on

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 11:33:18 AM »
You do realize that your perspective is narrow and only applies to someone at a certain income level right? Isn't it still silly if you make 350k a year and drive a 15k car, live in a 80k town home? To basically not spend the money you earn, that makes sense to you? I am sorry but I can't really think like that. A car that would have made sense for me 10 years ago when I was still in college (yeah, I am that old) would not be the same car I would want now. Actually I didn't own a car and rode a mountain bike through most of college so it really wouldn't apply.

10 years down the road I imagine my taste will be more expensive unless I completely fall off in my career, so I am not getting your wait 10 years angle.

I am not an environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination and if I was going to be politically active, cars that get 27 miles an hour wouldn't be at the top of my list of things that need to change in the world.

In college I was an active memeber in "Eyes Wide Open" which was an organization that dealt with racial issue that a friend of mine who was ironically from Phillidephia mississippi started. We organized several disruptions at David Duke ralley's when I was involved.

I also was founding member and president of the Normal chapter on my campus and was a weekly speaker at free speach alley which was an open mic political forum at my campus. I was active in war protest for both gulf wars, the second of which was after I was out of school and past my politically active student years.

So my car getting 27 miles a gallon is not something that stresses me one bit, sorry if it is something that offends you but maybe you should get more involved than just calling out someones ride on the internet.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 11:35:10 AM by Sleazy »

uruguay

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »
You do realize that your perspective is narrow and only applies to someone at a certain income level right? Isn't it still silly if you make 350k a year and drive a 15k car, live in a 80k town home? To basically not spend the money you earn, that makes sense to you? I am sorry but I can't really think like that. A car that would have made sense for me 10 years ago when I was still in college (yeah, I am that old) would not be the same car I would want now. Actually I didn't own a car and rode a mountain bike through most of college so it really wouldn't apply.

10 years down the road I imagine my taste will be more expensive unless I completely fall off in my career, so I am not getting your wait 10 years angle.

I am not an environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination and if I was going to be politically active, cars that get 27 miles an hour wouldn't be at the top of my list of things that need to change in the world.

In college I was an active memeber in "Eyes Wide Open" which was an organization that dealt with racial issue that a friend of mine who was ironically from Phillidephia mississippi started. We organized several disruptions at David Duke ralley's when I was involved.

I also was founding member and president of the Normal chapter on my campus and was a weekly speaker at free speach alley which was an open mic political forum at my campus. I was active in war protest for both gulf wars, the second of which was after I was out of school and past my politically active student years.

So my car getting 27 miles a gallon is not something that stresses me one bit, sorry if it is something that offends you but maybe you should get more involved than just calling out someones ride on the internet.
so, were you a founding member of a NORML chapter but you call it "Normal" or are you talking about a whole different thing?