Author Topic: NikeSb at Zumiez  (Read 5831 times)

maggot brain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
Re: NikeSb at Zumiez
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sickkk, so its official: paul rodrigez is the michael jordan of skateobarding.
[close]

no.  theres jordan then theres this random dude named paul.  the 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence. 

zumiez is lame but p-rod is even lamer because he has his own clothing line named after himself. 
he must want to be a rapper or something.       

[close]
lulz, seriously?

paul is humble as hell. nike probably just came to him and said "hey lets make a clothing line using your name", and since he has a family to support now he probably said "sure".
[close]

humble as hell?, i don't think so. 
dude stays rocking his shirt, his hat, his board and his shoes, not to mention the bling. 
could anyone be more vain?  sorry homie but theres nothing humble about any of that. 

hahahaha

bluntfakie

• Rep: -2
  • SKATEXAS
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:09 AM »
Skate shops should be worried about the CCS stores popping up all over the US.  CCS has accounts with every company that sells skateboards and skateboard apparel/shoes.  Good luck to all the shops that are located where a CCS is opening.

No Comply - Austin TX
Escapist - Kansas City "just opened up 2 new stores" and now a CCS is opening soon
Faith - Birmingham
and all the other shops.

Many shops are closing their accounts with NikeSB because they have too many SBs in inventory.  Nike sends them new shoes every month which cost about $2,000 a month.

yeah fuck that shit. ive been thinking about writing a letter to their h.q. to tell them to stay the fuck out of town but i dont think it would matter. its such bullshit. my city is so over populated with skate shops that everyone suffers. more hunters than there are prey and everyone is starving to death. business wise. its just so rude on their part. i see the need for a zumiez or css in the Central Mall in Texarkana Tx or some othe BFE town where maybe there wouldnt be any skate shop with in 100 miles. but to fucking hop in every major town where there is already a thriving scene and just take food right off the table? FUCK OFF!

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Skate shops should be worried about the CCS stores popping up all over the US.  CCS has accounts with every company that sells skateboards and skateboard apparel/shoes.  Good luck to all the shops that are located where a CCS is opening.

No Comply - Austin TX
Escapist - Kansas City "just opened up 2 new stores" and now a CCS is opening soon
Faith - Birmingham
and all the other shops.

Many shops are closing their accounts with NikeSB because they have too many SBs in inventory.  Nike sends them new shoes every month which cost about $2,000 a month.
[close]

yeah fuck that shit. ive been thinking about writing a letter to their h.q. to tell them to stay the fuck out of town but i dont think it would matter. its such bullshit. my city is so over populated with skate shops that everyone suffers. more hunters than there are prey and everyone is starving to death. business wise. its just so rude on their part. i see the need for a zumiez or css in the Central Mall in Texarkana Tx or some othe BFE town where maybe there wouldnt be any skate shop with in 100 miles. but to fucking hop in every major town where there is already a thriving scene and just take food right off the table? FUCK OFF!
Yea do that.
I bet it works.
Catch you later dudes.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
I just opened a shop in Albany NY 3 months ago.  There is a CCS "Flagship" Store opening in the mall next month, 3 miles away from where my shop is located downtown.  I've known this for the last 6 months.  Did it effect my decision? No.  There is a Zumiez in the same mall and you can go 45 minutes in any direction of this city and there is a zumiez on the way or there, one just closed 20 minutes north of here but theres still one 30 minutes north of here.  Yes foot locker has alot of money and are throwing a lot of eggs in 1 basket. 

It's easy for someone young to walk in to a corporate owned store and be overwhelmed by all the product on the wall, but if you look at half the shit in there would you wear it, ride it or want it.  All Corporate Controlled Skateboarding and Enemiez stores do is make a soccer moms errands of getting her kid the new deck he want's a little bit easier by putting themselves right next to macys so they can swing in there before or after getting there blush from the Chanel counter.  They can hire the new "Brand Manager" and have him try and steer the older more knowing legit market in there with a corporate facelift but the only people who will shop there are the younger not knowing any better kids who want what they want when they want it.

Local shops are the ones putting on events and need to be the ones educating the younger ones on why you shouldn't shop there.  You won't win em all, but the ones who listen and get it, will be the ones skating for years to come, unlike the others who wanted that new board cause they saw it on t.v. and it looked cool.

Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
How about AvE? He has a signature clothing line on Vans (which is also available outside of skatestores, at least in Europe)
But there isn't a big AVE logo in the middle of the T-Shirt, and he's not wearing a Moutain Dew/AVE cap just for everybody to see it...
Don't compare AVE to P-ROD please

warhead

• Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »
Not comparing, just pointing out similarities (and I have seen AvE logo caps and tees) AvE over P-Rod everyday though.