Author Topic: NikeSb at Zumiez  (Read 5788 times)

H8R part 4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NikeSb at Zumiez
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sickkk, so its official: paul rodrigez is the michael jordan of skateobarding.
[close]

no.  theres jordan then theres this random dude named paul.  the 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence. 

zumiez is lame but p-rod is even lamer because he has his own clothing line named after himself. 
he must want to be a rapper or something.       

[close]
lulz, seriously?

paul is humble as hell. nike probably just came to him and said "hey lets make a clothing line using your name", and since he has a family to support now he probably said "sure".

humble as hell?, i don't think so. 
dude stays rocking his shirt, his hat, his board and his shoes, not to mention the bling. 
could anyone be more vain?  sorry homie but theres nothing humble about any of that. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no.  theres jordan then theres this random dude named paul.  the 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence. 

zumiez is lame but p-rod is even lamer because he has his own clothing line named after himself. 

[close]
lulz, seriously?

paul is humble as hell. nike probably just came to him and said "hey lets make a clothing line using your name", and since he has a family to support now he probably said "sure".
[close]

dude stays rocking his shirt, his hat, his board and his shoes,
not to mention the bling. 
could anyone be more vain?  sorry homie but theres nothing humble about any of that. 

It's to support his" brand". He pretty much has too, His sponsors tell him too. I'm sure before he got all mainstream he was just wearing whatever he wanted. Now I think it's whatever he wears to please his sponsors. Dude's gotta get paid. Also how is buying jewelry vain?
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Fuck this. NSB shouldn't support Zumiez; they should support skate shops.
Are you guys all seriously that regular?
 THIS IS NIKE. They are one of the largest multinational corporations in the world. They only care about profits. All that "we're down, we're underground and hardcore" bullshit they have been selling you has been nothing but a lie to get idiots to forget that Nike is about 10,000 times worse than zumies could ever dream to be.
You all bought the false image and continue to buy it. Some people have been pointing out that this is clearly the nike plan the whole time, and they got shit talked for it. Guess what? We were right.
How about an apology from all of those fucking douchebags who back nike and its slow and inevitable takeover of the skateshoe industry. Let's start with bubblegum tate...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sergioflorez

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »
ok faster  ::)

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
 THIS IS NIKE. They are one of the 497th largest multinational corporations in the world.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
 THIS IS NIKE. They are one of the largest multinational corporations in the world. They only care about profits. All that "we're down, we're underground and hardcore" bullshit they have been selling you has been nothing but a lie to get idiots to forget that Nike is about 10,000 times worse than zumies could ever dream to be.
You all bought the false image and continue to buy it. Some people have been pointing out that this is clearly the nike plan the whole time, and they got shit talked for it. Guess what? We were right.
How about an apology from all of those fucking douchebags who back nike and its slow and inevitable takeover of the skateshoe industry. Let's start with bubblegum tate...

What happened? All i care about is that they keep making Janoski SB.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 02:38:19 PM »
nike is a shoe company, they make shoes in exchange for money.  paul works for nike, he is doing his job. do you go into bookstores and call the bookkeepers kooks?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing but the truth (I don't mean to be ironic)

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha, I am still down for nike. They back my buddy's shop hard as fuck and that's more important to me then if Lakai and Vox go out of business. No other company has been as good to my buddy and his shop as nike. Until the day they stop, Nike will be amongst my shoe purchases from his shop.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
lulz, seriously?
[close]

dude stays rocking his shirt, his hat, his board and his shoes,
not to mention the bling. 

[close]

It's to support his" brand". He pretty much has too, His sponsors tell him too. I'm sure before he got all mainstream he was just wearing whatever he wanted. Now I think it's whatever he wears to please his sponsors. Dude's gotta get paid. Also how is buying jewelry vain?

so hes a little puppet bitch then?  got it, thats much better!
nah, i get what you're saying but he didn't have to use his name for his clothing line.  even if nike came up with it, he could've gone a different route than using his own name.  if rappers can come up with something original other than using their own names(minus that loser sean john), p-rod can do it too.  to me, its as bad as starting a company to turn yourself pro, its like the ultimate form self props IMO.

as far as jewelry, theres only 2 reasons to wear it...  
1.  so you can show everyone how much money you have.
2.  so you can stare at yourself in the mirror and see how pretty you are.    
theres no other reason for it and both are considered vain.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »
faster! is officially the biggest person on SLAP.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »

i know you're always looking for some kind of hidden meaning behind my posts but my opinion has nothing to do with him being a male or female, being gay or straight.  why do you think people wear jewelry?  make some sort of counter argument or kook me and move along.  ::)     

steve_lurkle

• Rep: -16
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
From what I heard, Zumiez has been begging Nike for an account for a long time, and some places where P-Rod skated kids would always come up and talk to him and tell him how they wanted his shoes yet they were too pricey or they couldn't find them, and after awhile I guess it got to him. So he talked to Nike and they came up with this, selling the P-Rod 4s to Zumiez so they get off their back, and selling them cheaper so not so lucky kids can buy them. I don't see the problem with this, I think Paul is really sick for doing this.

yeah dude!

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
^ what dude said. I'm not saying Nike wasn't pumped for the opportunity to sell to Zumiez, but this whole line and where it would be sold was Paul's idea.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »
Where is this info coming from? Skate shop rumors? P-Rod's your cousin? What?

And I'm still not convinced that those Janoskis are even good skate shoes.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
Paul told me when I met him at a bank.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
Paul told me when I met him at a bank.

for some reason befuddled me for a while but then it hit me.

LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

FORTIES

• Rep: 2
  • TEACH THE YOOTS.
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ha, I am still down for nike. They back my buddy's shop hard as fuck and that's more important to me then if Lakai and Vox go out of business. No other company has been as good to my buddy and his shop as nike. Until the day they stop, Nike will be amongst my shoe purchases from his shop.

i am curious how long your buddy's shop has been a sb dealer? i ask because if you were to sit down with a beer and talk to the og sb retailers, they would let you know they feel they were taken for a ride...for the most part. their backrooms are stacked with nike boxes, their bills are piling up and the demand is not what it was for the size of the orders they are being asked to take in. now couple that with adidas and cons trying to pull the same deal, and these retailers are seeing this for what it is. I hate to say look at specialty running shoe stores, but nike is using the same business methods of becoming "friends" with fingers crossed behind their backs.

this is a very calculated business for them. they knew it would take years to pull off. it has worked. cons will probably settle in right behind them.
and dont get me wrong, both of these brands are supporting some of my favorite people in skateboarding- pros, ams and retailers combined. but the end is near and the options of going into a skate shop and choosing between 10, 12, 14 brands will be shaken down to 6-8 max.

and adidas could be running game but their management there doesnt have the know-how and patience to pull it off long term. that thing is going to be blown out within 2 years with a line of burnt bridges...

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

i am curious how long your buddy's shop has been a sb dealer? i ask because if you were to sit down with a beer and talk to the og sb retailers, they would let you know they feel they were taken for a ride...for the most part. their backrooms are stacked with nike boxes, their bills are piling up and the demand is not what it was for the size of the orders they are being asked to take in. now couple that with adidas and cons trying to pull the same deal, and these retailers are seeing this for what it is. I hate to say look at specialty running shoe stores, but nike is using the same business methods of becoming "friends" with fingers crossed behind their backs.

this is a very calculated business for them. they knew it would take years to pull off. it has worked. cons will probably settle in right behind them.
and dont get me wrong, both of these brands are supporting some of my favorite people in skateboarding- pros, ams and retailers combined. but the end is near and the options of going into a skate shop and choosing between 10, 12, 14 brands will be shaken down to 6-8 max.

and adidas could be running game but their management there doesnt have the know-how and patience to pull it off long term. that thing is going to be blown out within 2 years with a line of burnt bridges...

He's been on the nike program since 02-03. He's not the type of dude to bull shit and has never had anything bad to say about nike. That being said, I have no emotional attachment to nike or think they are the end all be all. They are still a multinational corporation and have calculated their move into skateboarding very well, using shops like my buddy's. But, for him, they've given a lot back as well. And truth be told, they make some of the best skate shoes out there. If nike comes to an end I'll be bummed on the loss of a few good shoes, the mass amount of dudes they hook up being shoeless and my buddy's shop not reaping the benefits of their program.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:28 PM »
I don't think we need to be worrying about a huge corp selling some clothes at a mall store, it's bound to happen.

Why God Why?

• Rep: 1
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
I don't think we need to be worrying about a huge corp selling some clothes at a mall store, it's bound to happen.
Agreed, this shouldn't really surprise anybody.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i know you're always looking for some kind of hidden meaning behind my posts but my opinion has nothing to do with him being a male or female, being gay or straight.  why do you think people wear jewelry?  make some sort of counter argument or kook me and move along.  ::)     

That statement had nothing to do with your clear and present homophobia. It had to do with the fact that you said something so unbelievably stupid that I thought my head was going to explode. I've know Paul for over 10 years, and in that time, I've heard him say/seen him do anything close cocky. The fact that he has his own brand named after him is because ITS HIS FUCKING BRAND! His shoe is called the P-Rod, so it'd wouldn't make sense to continue with that trend? By faster!'s logic, anyone with a pro-shoe with their name on it is vain. Is Christian Hosoi vain for Hosoi Skateboards? How about Tony Alva? Or Wes Humpston for running Bull Dog Skates?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

bluntfakie

• Rep: -2
  • SKATEXAS
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
fuck zumiez so hard. i had a friend that worked there. hes pretty much a sell out. i would work fast food before i took a job there. anyways, i also work at a shop. what they would call "brick and mortor" or "mom and pop". when ever we would talk #'s, it would just piss me the fuck off. the amount of money they take out of the little dudes pocket everyday in every town they are in, is insane. SB was one of the things keeping the small shops going. ive pretty much hated nike from the beginning, but the only thing keeping me somewhat stoked was the fact that they werent in the mall. excluding that 6.0 bullshit. even if it is only p-rod, kids dont know the difference. just like cons and black flag, just like adidas skateboarding and adidas coastal just like circa and combat and so on and so on. NIKE can suck a dick. and also, those shoes dont even look like the 4's. even if the sole is vulc, thats still a different shoe. ive had fun watching everyone gobble up nikes scheme this whole time.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That statement had nothing to do with your clear and present homophobia. It had to do with the fact that you said something so unbelievably stupid that I thought my head was going to explode. I've know Paul for over 10 years, and in that time, I've heard him say/seen him do anything close cocky. The fact that he has his own brand named after him is because ITS HIS FUCKING BRAND! His shoe is called the P-Rod, so it'd wouldn't make sense to continue with that trend? By faster!'s logic, anyone with a pro-shoe with their name on it is vain. Is Christian Hosoi vain for Hosoi Skateboards? How about Tony Alva? Or Wes Humpston for running Bull Dog Skates?

i wish i could tell everyone on slap how i've known paul for 10 years...BTW, i think you dropped something.  i mean you're sooooo cool, can we hang out?  can you introduce me to paul and all your other pro friends?  can i suck you off now?   ::)     

you always bring up my alleged homophobia, why is this?  why are you so offended?  did i hit a nerve? 
the only reason why you constantly bring it up is because it bothers you, and it bothers you because you are in fact, gay. 
its cool if you are, i have nothing against you or anybody else out there.  just be yourself and live your life the way you see fit.

hosoi was vain and cocky as all hell.  alva was vain and cocky as all hell.  i don't know who wes humpston is?, but its seems he didn't name his company after himself(bulldog). 
i never once said p-rod was cocky, just that he stays rocking HIS board, HIS shoes, HIS shirt, HIS hat and he shows off HIS bling. 
i don't care if its his brand, that to me makes him vain.  that is my opinion, just get over it and yourself. 

warhead

• Rep: 6
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
How about AvE? He has a signature clothing line on Vans (which is also available outside of skatestores, at least in Europe)

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »
Skate shops should be worried about the CCS stores popping up all over the US.  CCS has accounts with every company that sells skateboards and skateboard apparel/shoes.  Good luck to all the shops that are located where a CCS is opening.

No Comply - Austin TX
Escapist - Kansas City "just opened up 2 new stores" and now a CCS is opening soon
Faith - Birmingham
and all the other shops.

Many shops are closing their accounts with NikeSB because they have too many SBs in inventory.  Nike sends them new shoes every month which cost about $2,000 a month.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »
I bought my Emerica's at Zumiez

BitchTits

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
Skate shops should be worried about the CCS stores popping up all over the US.  CCS has accounts with every company that sells skateboards and skateboard apparel/shoes.  Good luck to all the shops that are located where a CCS is opening.
Some of the shit they get is very limited. I scanned through a catalog a couple months ago and they only had one Anti-Hero tee, but no decks from them.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
 THIS IS NIKE. They are one of the 497th largest multinational corporations in the world.
[close]
Hey genius, 497th largest in the U.S. would make them a fortune 500 company, meaning that they are a behemoth of a company.

And yeah, Nike knows how to play the game and convince distributors to carry them. Its a very smart game, but a game none the less. And the goal of that game is to suck as much profit out of skating as possible. If helping out a shop or two or sponsoring a contest will help them, that is fine.  In the end they are outsider profiteers, but that isn't really the point.

My point is, what is wrong with a chain store carrying skateboard shoes made by a running shoe company? Which side is selling out? The chainstore or the running shoe company? As far as I know, both only have had money in mind from the beginning, making it impossible for either side to sell out. Really, nike SB belongs in pac sun and zumies more than any other brand of skate shoe they have in there.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out