Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)  (Read 310429 times)

nylin

Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
Whats Spencer Fujimoto up to these days?

Works for DGK I think.

Harem

« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »

Unrelated but does anyone know if Justin Case and Scott Kane are still skating? i know justin case went to jail an all that but i remember a clip of him popping up maybe a year or so ago?? an in a more recent interview with Scott Kane he mentions that if any company wants to cover his health insurance he'd get back in the game?? anyone kno anymore of this or was that just claims?

As much as I'd love a Scott Kane comeback. That ship has long sailed. I don't think I've seen any coverage from him since 2007 + not sure any companies that would take a risk on a dude way past his prime and pushing his 30's. Oh well, as far as I'm concerned dude has one of the best parts of all time.

Harem

« Reply #812 on: February 27, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
Kurt winter! Switch bsflip Santa Monica like six years ago

Still around. Skates for Hype & Adidas.

CossRooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #813 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »
Travis Stenger basically got fucked by sponsor choice.. didn't want to ride for anyone other than Girl and Lakai.. even though
he had plenty of offerings from other companies.. was really specific about the shit he'd ride...

Ryan McGuigan is the man... I always wondered what that clip was referring to.

MaS

• Rep: -7
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2013, 02:20:30 AM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=4495.msg1831493#msg1831493 date=1358662910
Expand Quote
Haven't seen Kyong Kim in a while.  Or the Gruber brothers for that matter.
[close]
One of the Gruber brothers had to quit cuz the girl he married's father thought skateboarding wasn't a real job. I wanna say at least one of them or both of them were living in Santa Cruz for a while.

Joe I believe lives in Santa Cruz or did. Keith is in Palm Springs area working in business. I knew them both pretty well and I have nothing bad to say. Just the coolest dudes ever. I actually worked for Keith for a couple years at his company.  For sake of privacy I won't go into his personal life. I will say him and lance hooked me up for years and had me getting stuff from air walk as well.  Honestly tho it been a while since we talked (2009?). Nice guy tho. Both I believe are heavily into their faith.

Paulelpaso

• Rep: -2
« Reply #815 on: March 03, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »
Yaje Popson

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #816 on: March 03, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
Damien Bravo

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #817 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
Can this thread be about posters too? Otis Shredding

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1601
« Reply #818 on: March 13, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »
Dude posted like yesterday....

smellyfart

« Reply #819 on: March 13, 2013, 10:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
What about nick palmquist? this part is amazing but didn't really have much after this part

[close]

this is only a few years old now. seems like the guy is kinda kooky from his instagram, but thats just me.

funny u mention that. this guy randomly started following me last week, then i check my phone again and he unfollowed me most likely because i didnt follow back. kinda stupid.

what happened to shiloh greathouse? (im sure its abp but i dont want to search through this whole tread)
edit: also, what happened to tony cervantes, lindsay robertson, or ryan smith. actually most of mystery for that matter is a mystery.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:10:15 PM by Josh McLaughlin »

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #820 on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What about nick palmquist? this part is amazing but didn't really have much after this part

[close]

this is only a few years old now. seems like the guy is kinda kooky from his instagram, but thats just me.

[close]
funny u mention that. this guy randomly started following me last week, then i check my phone again and he unfollowed me most likely because i didnt follow back. kinda stupid.

what happened to shiloh greathouse? (im sure its abp but i dont want to search through this whole tread)
edit: also, what happened to tony cervantes, lindsay robertson, or ryan smith. actually most of mystery for that matter is a mystery.

I was sitting in the car parked with my girlfriend and my two kids last week and Tony walks around the corner with his friend. They were both holding boards, I'm pretty sure they were coming from Whittier skate park. I told him it was good to see some coverage from him again because he just had that Mystery ad. He said he really appreciated the support. Seems like he's been skating recently. I think it's been discussed on here but I guess some family shit happened and he wasn't skating for awhile.

ontheswarm

« Reply #821 on: March 14, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Joey Poiriez come back?
http://vimeo.com/61689985#

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #822 on: March 14, 2013, 01:08:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone know what the fuck happened to Ted DeGros? he was so rad.
[close]
He answered a thread asking the same question about a month ago. He basically said he didn't want to fade away, skating for progressively more obscure companies. He's working cutting down trees or something in the East Bay. He seemed like an awesome guy and told a few jacked tour stories to people who asked.
[close]
anybody got a link to this thread por favor?
[close]

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=66895.30

quote author= Ogopogo

"Let me help clear this up. this is my de-virginizing post, so if you think you've seen me on here before , you haven't, and hi Dallas, don't ask me what facebook does, it's buggy and deletes who it wants, you're always cool in my book. anyways.....

I "disappeared" because I didn't want to do the whole slow painful death spiral that most people do. You know how you see someone going from riding for DC, then to say......Osiris (no offense, but a step down in my book) then Recs (if you remember them) and eventually everybody starts their own company, and they're like "hey guys!!!! this is going to be great!!!!. It's going to be me and 5 other washed up dudes (no offense to some of my old friends who are still in denial) acting like we're still on the upswing!!, it's gonna be huge!!". but it never is. I've seen dozens of these last ditch efforts come and go and it's not for me. If I'm going to bust my ass for something, I'm going to get rewarded for it.

okay...let's clear up some stuff. I think I asked Zasflasky, not Russ to look into City, not Think for me. I've always liked City, they're not in the big leagues like the other guys, but they're a cool company full of young energetic underdogs.

listen to the mosaic commentary again. Tim calls me weird at first, then corrects himself, and says I'm not weird, I'm just so normal that its weird. I don't think any of the Alien/Habitat guys from the Mosaic tour (where I first met Tim) were used to someone who just wanted to live quietly and had a kind of "serious" attitude. like a "normie", not your typical skate misfit type. most people who knew me know that I've gotten into plenty of bad things in my life, but I kept it separate from skating.

That tour was horrible. I was so excited to be on tour with my idols and all the guys I wanted to be on a team with and build something great. I had no idea everyone there would be so jaded, negative and catty. it was weird. totally soul crushing for a bright eyed young kid from canada. I cannot tell you how many times the guys would storm into the hotel room with hookers and whatever drugs.booze they could get their hands on. fuck those guys. Danny Renaud is a great skater with excellent style and a lot of flair, but what a jerk. Tim O is sweet and sour, not just the sweet he puts out there all the time. Heath Kirchart was cool.

Coldplay was Kurt fillipone's Idea. I wanted "the lights go down" by ELO, but he was pushy and I got what his vision was. I like Kurt. still do. I can live with that on my record.

Earl the Pearl guessed the closest. Borderlands 2 is awesome. I'm not over skating though, Its more of a social thing for me though, and all the skate homies are in vancouver/vic and phoenix.

don't know what happened with any girl/lakai stuff. I probably came off overeager and presumptuous. I could see that, I just loved those guys though. oh well. I should have just gone over to some teams I could have gone on trips with. anyways......

that pretty much covers it. I live in the Richmond hills in the Bay Area. I can hear cows from my house. I start work at 630 most days. Iam a "tree climber". I have an embarrassing link I'll post.

http://aplustree.com/blog/a-plus-team-official-movie-trailer/

comeback is doubtful, but I still like to skate."

thanks via! i havent been in this thread in a while but that was cool to read, good for him. +1 for you.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #823 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
Joey Poiriez come back?

Didnt he die or was it just a internetrumor?

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

ontheswarm

« Reply #824 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Joey Poiriez come back?
[close]

Didnt he die or was it just a internetrumor?
Pretty sure it was an internet rumor. Style looks exactly like him. There was supposedly a message board his mom went on and said he was in drug rehab or something.

era

« Reply #825 on: March 14, 2013, 06:47:15 AM »

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #826 on: March 14, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
Would love to see some more stuff from Andrew Pearl and Luke Croker. Also Henry Panza but he just had a baby so it seems unlikely

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #827 on: March 20, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Billy Waldman?

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #828 on: March 20, 2013, 03:06:04 PM »

some fag posted this video of him

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #829 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »
Dumb question kinda irrelevant, but the dudes from wassup rockers?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2528
« Reply #830 on: November 17, 2013, 05:06:25 AM »
Bump, motherfuckers.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #831 on: November 17, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »
nick rix...hasn't released any footage in a year wtf, not even his 'throwaway'

Endless Toedrag

• Rep: -13
« Reply #832 on: November 17, 2013, 05:52:28 AM »
where is gershon mosely?
There's a code that ya better know.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor

Harem

« Reply #834 on: November 17, 2013, 08:17:13 AM »
I remember earlier on this thread I asked about Jared Herman.

Well, yeah. Interesting.

Harem

« Reply #835 on: November 17, 2013, 08:25:18 AM »
Would love to see some more stuff from Andrew Pearl and Luke Croker. Also Henry Panza but he just had a baby so it seems unlikely

Luke is still on Krooked. Hanging in Melbourne.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -466
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #836 on: November 17, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
seconding ryan smith and lindsey robertson

also wtf happened to tyler bledsoe? he was super big from like 2009-2011/12 and then nothing...did he get injured?

is nick jojola out of prison yet?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Yu Dum

« Reply #837 on: November 17, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
seconding ryan smith and lindsey robertson

also wtf happened to tyler bledsoe? he was super big from like 2009-2011/12 and then nothing...did he get injured?

is nick jojola out of prison yet?
Bledsoe had surgery about a year or so ago.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #838 on: November 17, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
what happened to adam alfaro? i haven't seen anything from him in the last 2-3 years yet he's still got boards on black label. i liked his part in the black label video where he skated to Cream.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #839 on: November 17, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »
gailea momolu and Lindsey Robertson. I know Lindsey was a huge partier did he just pile out?