Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)  (Read 307699 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)
« Reply #780 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
In case you were wondering where Wee Man is...

edit: Shit, it might be Pancho.
http://www.chrisnieratko.com/panchomoler.php

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:10:06 PM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #781 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
In case you were wondering where Wee Man is...

edit: Shit, it might be Pancho.
http://www.chrisnieratko.com/panchomoler.php

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1301176/

makin that little guy $$$, he is living one hell of a life

http://www.cinesex.ch/sites/moviesites/midgets.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:03:31 PM by GOKU »

dankradschwag

« Reply #782 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
I think someone mentioned Ryan Nix, well nigga just got busted and will probably be in jail for a while. Also has five teardrop face tats now.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #783 on: February 06, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
Well, in case anyone was looking for Ryan Nix, he's gonna be in one place for awhile...

http://mugshotsocala.com/mug-shot/thomas-ryan-nix/
*face book logo* "one person likes this"
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #784 on: February 06, 2013, 05:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Well, in case anyone was looking for Ryan Nix, he's gonna be in one place for awhile...

http://mugshotsocala.com/mug-shot/thomas-ryan-nix/
[close]
*face book logo* "one person likes this"

Can anyone post andy roy and juliens mugshots? cant seem to find them

glassofOJ

• Rep: 2
« Reply #785 on: February 11, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
anyone know what the fuck happened to Ted DeGros? he was so rad.

onelouder

« Reply #786 on: February 11, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
Richard Kirby. Israel Forbes. Nilton neeves. Anthony correa. Damien smith. Scott copalman.

Israel Forbes popped up in this which was a big surprise.  Still, I have no idea what he does now
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-1fWpz0bc0E&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-1fWpz0bc0E%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #787 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
nijah hustin?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #788 on: February 11, 2013, 10:48:19 PM »

You should have joined a month back.....

Expand Quote
where the fuck did jon west go
[close]

He directed a horror movie or something, then I seem to remember he started doing either commercials or music videos, perhaps both.

Ya....film stuff....some music videos...a bunch of stuff for the EA skate series....pretty reclusive as a pro....so you don't see him skating around town much....

8BitSeinfeld

• Rep: 5
« Reply #789 on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:54 AM »
Andrew Langi
he's still a regular at the phil shao memorial park in redwood city

yukaton

• Rep: 7
« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »
What about nick palmquist? this part is amazing but didn't really have much after this part

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #791 on: February 22, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/new-ground-interview-with-jared-lucas/

I was reading this interview with the dude who did the Bones video. One of the filmers was Jimmy Astelford. The name sounded familiar, and I ended up figuring out he was from the old Sixteen Skateboards video I Hate Children. I couldn't find the part on YouTube, but for anybody who used to watch it, I think it was the kid that ollied huge drops.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #792 on: February 22, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »
He also had a pretty gnarly part in one of DIGITAL videos the one with Appleyard last part skating to Bill Withers

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #793 on: February 22, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should have joined a month back.....

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where the fuck did jon west go
[close]

He directed a horror movie or something, then I seem to remember he started doing either commercials or music videos, perhaps both.
[close]

Ya....film stuff....some music videos...a bunch of stuff for the EA skate series....pretty reclusive as a pro....so you don't see him skating around town much....
anymore info on that? what did he do?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Smorange

• Rep: 18
« Reply #794 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:40 AM »
He answered a thread asking the same question about a month ago. He basically said he didn't want to fade away, skating for progressively more obscure companies. He's working cutting down trees or something in the East Bay. He seemed like an awesome guy and told a few jacked tour stories to people who asked.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #795 on: February 22, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He answered a thread asking the same question about a month ago. He basically said he didn't want to fade away, skating for progressively more obscure companies. He's working cutting down trees or something in the East Bay. He seemed like an awesome guy and told a few jacked tour stories to people who asked.
anybody got a link to this thread por favor?

Paulelpaso

• Rep: -2
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:00 AM »
YAJE POPSON - what excactly happened to him ? heard he moved back to brazil . does anyone have any more informations ?

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
What about nick palmquist? this part is amazing but didn't really have much after this part

Hanging with Lutzka I think

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Travis Stenger basically got fucked by sponsor choice.. didn't want to ride for anyone other than Girl and Lakai.. even though
he had plenty of offerings from other companies.. was really specific about the shit he'd ride.. still skate today although he's gained
a lot of weight. Different mind-state for people who's parents are super rich company owners or whatever.. knowing you'll never really
make that kind of money from skating (coming from Canada anyways excluding Apples, Howard, an very few others) must be a bit discouraging. I'd still love to see another part from him though! I heard almost the same thing happened to Ted Degros, which explains his reasoning behind saying that he didn't want to fade out with more unrespectable sponsors. Dude deserved to be on Alien fully after his little section in Mosiac, even after Seek went out they should have kept him.

Unrelated but does anyone know if Justin Case and Scott Kane are still skating? i know justin case went to jail an all that but i remember a clip of him popping up maybe a year or so ago?? an in a more recent interview with Scott Kane he mentions that if any company wants to cover his health insurance he'd get back in the game?? anyone kno anymore of this or was that just claims?
Also (sorry to rant) but whats the deal with Eric Fletcher? dude honestly has one of the best styles out, hearing that he's already gotten the boot from LE!? can't really see how that'd happen, maybe he jus a pill-poppin fuck up.. anyone kno??

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #799 on: February 26, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »
Travis Stenger basically got fucked by sponsor choice.. didn't want to ride for anyone other than Girl and Lakai.. even though
he had plenty of offerings from other companies.. was really specific about the shit he'd ride.. still skate today although he's gained
a lot of weight. Different mind-state for people who's parents are super rich company owners or whatever.. knowing you'll never really
make that kind of money from skating (coming from Canada anyways excluding Apples, Howard, an very few others) must be a bit discouraging. I'd still love to see another part from him though! I heard almost the same thing happened to Ted Degros, which explains his reasoning behind saying that he didn't want to fade out with more unrespectable sponsors. Dude deserved to be on Alien fully after his little section in Mosiac, even after Seek went out they should have kept him.

Unrelated but does anyone know if Justin Case and Scott Kane are still skating? i know justin case went to jail an all that but i remember a clip of him popping up maybe a year or so ago?? an in a more recent interview with Scott Kane he mentions that if any company wants to cover his health insurance he'd get back in the game?? anyone kno anymore of this or was that just claims?
Also (sorry to rant) but whats the deal with Eric Fletcher? dude honestly has one of the best styles out, hearing that he's already gotten the boot from LE!? can't really see how that'd happen, maybe he jus a pill-poppin fuck up.. anyone kno??

I dont think Fletch got the booth from LE yet... Nick T is mad down for Fletch he'd need to burn down the factory or something for Nick t to kick him out of nowhere.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #800 on: February 27, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
anybody got a link to this thread por favor?

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=66895.30

quote author= Ogopogo

"Let me help clear this up. this is my de-virginizing post, so if you think you've seen me on here before , you haven't, and hi Dallas, don't ask me what facebook does, it's buggy and deletes who it wants, you're always cool in my book. anyways.....

I "disappeared" because I didn't want to do the whole slow painful death spiral that most people do. You know how you see someone going from riding for DC, then to say......Osiris (no offense, but a step down in my book) then Recs (if you remember them) and eventually everybody starts their own company, and they're like "hey guys!!!! this is going to be great!!!!. It's going to be me and 5 other washed up dudes (no offense to some of my old friends who are still in denial) acting like we're still on the upswing!!, it's gonna be huge!!". but it never is. I've seen dozens of these last ditch efforts come and go and it's not for me. If I'm going to bust my ass for something, I'm going to get rewarded for it.

okay...let's clear up some stuff. I think I asked Zasflasky, not Russ to look into City, not Think for me. I've always liked City, they're not in the big leagues like the other guys, but they're a cool company full of young energetic underdogs.

listen to the mosaic commentary again. Tim calls me weird at first, then corrects himself, and says I'm not weird, I'm just so normal that its weird. I don't think any of the Alien/Habitat guys from the Mosaic tour (where I first met Tim) were used to someone who just wanted to live quietly and had a kind of "serious" attitude. like a "normie", not your typical skate misfit type. most people who knew me know that I've gotten into plenty of bad things in my life, but I kept it separate from skating.

That tour was horrible. I was so excited to be on tour with my idols and all the guys I wanted to be on a team with and build something great. I had no idea everyone there would be so jaded, negative and catty. it was weird. totally soul crushing for a bright eyed young kid from canada. I cannot tell you how many times the guys would storm into the hotel room with hookers and whatever drugs.booze they could get their hands on. fuck those guys. Danny Renaud is a great skater with excellent style and a lot of flair, but what a jerk. Tim O is sweet and sour, not just the sweet he puts out there all the time. Heath Kirchart was cool.

Coldplay was Kurt fillipone's Idea. I wanted "the lights go down" by ELO, but he was pushy and I got what his vision was. I like Kurt. still do. I can live with that on my record.

Earl the Pearl guessed the closest. Borderlands 2 is awesome. I'm not over skating though, Its more of a social thing for me though, and all the skate homies are in vancouver/vic and phoenix.

don't know what happened with any girl/lakai stuff. I probably came off overeager and presumptuous. I could see that, I just loved those guys though. oh well. I should have just gone over to some teams I could have gone on trips with. anyways......

that pretty much covers it. I live in the Richmond hills in the Bay Area. I can hear cows from my house. I start work at 630 most days. Iam a "tree climber". I have an embarrassing link I'll post.

http://aplustree.com/blog/a-plus-team-official-movie-trailer/

comeback is doubtful, but I still like to skate."

shit_for_brains

« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Andrew Langi
[close]

Everyone dropped him after the Free Lunch (I think that's what it was) with Nick Merlino where he tells the story of Langi stealing his laptop. That's a big violation of skate ethics I think. Weird when fucking over one of the least liked people in skating ruins your career. I'd hate to walk through life less likable than Nick Merlino.

jexe

« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »
why exactly is it that merlino is a dick?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
why exactly is it that merlino is a dick?

I don't think it's that he's a dick, he's just a pain in the ass who doesn't know how to conduct himself in a civilization.

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

this is only a few years old now. seems like the guy is kinda kooky from his instagram, but thats just me.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
Here is a random one - Geir Allan Hove. He made one of my favorite independent videos of all time - "Neighbors". I wish guys like him could make a living making videos.

And while we are at it, Dan Kircher who made "Forays" and "Skylarking". I feel like someone mentioned it before.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this is only a few years old now. seems like the guy is kinda kooky from his instagram, but thats just me.

What a sick part. if you could see his socks, this could be released now and would garner lots of attention.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Andrew Langi
[close]
[close]

Everyone dropped him after the Free Lunch (I think that's what it was) with Nick Merlino where he tells the story of Langi stealing his laptop. That's a big violation of skate ethics I think. Weird when fucking over one of the least liked people in skating ruins your career. I'd hate to walk through life less likable than Nick Merlino.

Crazy he fucking rips, was just talking about a transfer he did at a skatepark here that I never seen another skater do.

Retardedted

• Rep: -2
« Reply #808 on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
Kurt winter! Switch bsflip Santa Monica like six years ago

sculpted fragments

« Reply #809 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
Whats Spencer Fujimoto up to these days?