Author Topic: The Losing Weight Thread  (Read 8717 times)

Commercial D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Losing Weight Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »
Before: "Fuck I'm fat." After: "You know you want this"

LOLing because it's true.

I already admitted, almost as a warning, that the pic was gay. But it's obviously a dramatic transformation, thus relevant to the topic.

Even so, why is showing off your abs any worse than showing off your car/gun/home/skateboard/sneakers, as are here the subjects of numerous multi-page threads? If Watson thinks it's "♥hAwT!!" let me clarify that I'm 100% hetero and did not gratuitously post a likeness of my lean physique to initiate dating prospects on a forum whose users are 99.9% male. Rather I genuinely wanted to present to the discussion exactly what kind of weight-cutting is possible in a relatively short while; my personal experience most dramatically conveyed with the irreplaceable power of imagery. Maybe that's the reason why skate ads have photos instead of block text that says things like, "NOLLIE HEELFLIP OVER A 12-STAIR RAIL."
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 05:09:45 AM »
Did losing your nudie webchat broad motivate you to lose weight?  Trying to clear the garbage cans?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 06:17:57 AM »
Commercial D doens't look creepy at all

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:07 AM »
Liquor has shitloads of calories as well, or so I've read...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »

yeah but you don't drink nearly as much. a double shot of gin + tonic water is like nothing.

cool dude

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
posting the before and after pics seems a little over the top, considering the forum, but i guess for whoever started this thread at least there are some people who know what they are talking about.  i wouldn't mind getting in a little better shape, maybe i need to hit up that raw diet.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Commercial D didn't do it alone, he had aids.

Fact is, everyone here knows how to lose weight,  staying commited and having your before and after pics together rfor the opportune internet moment is hte key.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »
i wouldn't mind getting in a little better shape, maybe i need to hit up that raw diet.

Supply is key. I go to Chinatown once or twice a week and just load up on stuff: 20 lbs. of bananas (@ ~29˘/lb.), box of 24 mangoes (~$7.99), pints of blueberries (~$1 each), lbs. of strawberries, bunches of spinach, bags of avocados etc. I keep the fridge pretty stacked with all of the aforementioned plus snackables like grapefruit & nectarines. When the berries or bananas start to get too ripe they go into large Tupperware containers in the freezer. I even have a few ice cube trays filled with raw plantain, raw mango, and raw avocado.

I guess this was pretty easy for me because I really like blended fruit smoothies so I don't get bummed on having 4 or 5 a day. Here area  few of my favorite combos:

banana/cocoa/fresh mint - the choco mint (cocoa is an antioxidant)
banana/mango - creamy mango
blueberry/banana/kale (or collared greens or spinach) - the blue/green
strawberry/pineapple/banana/coconut milk - the tropical
banana/avocado/flaxseed/oats - the breakfast
banana/cocoa/peanut butter - the Reese's

Whenever you're hungry just blend up some fruit and you will lose weight without feeling fatigued, irritated, or otherwise lousy. As long as you don't eat more than 6 shakes a day and stay away from breads, pastas, alcohol and pretty much anything cooked that isn't meat (better yet, just stick with the fruit) things will happen fast.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »

One shot has about 65 calories. One beer has 150-250, depending on the beer. (Dark beer tends to have more.) These are of course empty calories that provide no nutrition.

In lieu of beer or soda try drinking sparkling water like San Pellegrino or Perrier (cheaper to buy by the case) or even generic supermarket brand club soda (check the ingredients to make sure it's only carbonated water, no sugar) with slices of fresh lime.

Some Pals might be pleased to note that marijuana smoke contains zero calories.

BitchTits

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
This sounds pretty lame but I picked up a pair of jeans that don't fit, at the moment, as motivation to lose weight:
I'm only drinking water now and started eating raw fruits. I was cool with being a fat-fuck, but I can't seem to skate for more than ten minutes without taking a break.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
This sounds pretty lame but I picked up a pair of jeans that don't fit, at the moment, as motivation to lose weight

I did that after xmas with a pair of 34s. The button was like ready to pop. They're huge on me now. Stay with the raw program and those jeans are going to fit fine after a couple of weeks.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
This thread is win. Caring about your weight is not gay as long as you don't take it too far.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 10:49:42 AM »
i need to lose weight again.  it's a constant fucking battle for me.  i love to eat and love to drink.  i'm really active (skate 3 or 4 times a week, also run) but still manage to keep a nice beer gut all the time.  my doc told me i have high cholesterol so i got freaked out and lost a lot of weight last year, and actually brought down my cholesterol levels just through diet.  went from like 190 to 170.   but after going on vacation and saying "fuck it" i haven't gotten back on. 

my enemies and friends:  beer, buffalo chicken wings, pizza, burritos, ice cream, cookies, quesadillas, pork ramen, enchiladas, more beer, burgers and fries
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »

Yeah, but it makes you prone to overeating.

How tall are you btw?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2010, 12:28:12 PM »
If I beat you in S-K-A-T-E maybe you'll shut the fuck up.

Of COURSE you could beat me in SKATE. You're a fucking greek god!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

straight from his FB profile pic. How much pussy did that get you?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
I can only imagine the sexy little beach shorts and Cheeto dick that lie beneath your waste line.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, but it makes you prone to overeating.

How tall are you btw?

I'm 6'1". Just force-feed raw broccoli when you get the munchies and you won't do any damage. An entire pound is only 150 calories.

yeah dude!

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »

I don't know how Facebook works but that would have gotten you sooooo much pussy on Myspace a few years ago.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
If I beat you in S-K-A-T-E maybe you'll shut the fuck up.
[close]

Of COURSE you could beat me in SKATE. You're a fucking greek god!
i hate when people say that. being able to do more nollie heel variations than someone doesn't mean shit.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

The Rep Monster

• Rep: 227
  • gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar,
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
you look really handsome now that youve gotten ripped Commercial D. are you also blessed with a huge cock?
gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar, gnar,

Buddha

• Rep: -205
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »

I'm 6'1". Just force-feed raw broccoli when you get the munchies and you won't do any damage. An entire pound is only 150 calories.
[/quote]

I would be careful in recommending this to anyone who is overweight due to hypothyroidism/iodine deficiency which is pretty common in North America.  Broccoli contains anti-nutrients (phytic acid) and thyroid inhibiting goitrogens (isothiocyanates) in it's raw form and must be lightly steamed or fermented.  Same goes for all cruciferous vegetables.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know how Facebook works but that would have gotten you sooooo much pussy on Myspace a few years ago.

and a lot of cock
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
honest to god, the best way to lose weight is to QUIT SMOKING YOU FUCKING PANSY! cigarettes don't keep you thin you idiot.

i had been a fairly hefty bro (200-210lbs)from middle school up until a year or so ago, when i quit smoking and snapped out of the "all sports are gay/hxcoresk8erbordeeng 5lyfe" phase and added various activities like hockey, basketball, weight lifting, swimming, running into my daily regime and since dropped down to 185lbs and counting. i still eat fast food and drink pop once in a while but i'm pretty straight with my weekly meals, oatmeal and fruit in the morning, half can of beans or full can of tuna, turkey sandwich(what up gip), yogurt, apples, oranges, v8 joose and a piece of cheese for lunch then whatever is made at home for dinner.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »

I would be careful in recommending this to anyone who is overweight due to hypothyroidism/iodine deficiency which is pretty common in North America.  Broccoli contains anti-nutrients (phytic acid) and thyroid inhibiting goitrogens (isothiocyanates) in it's raw form and must be lightly steamed or fermented.  Same goes for all cruciferous vegetables.
[/quote]

Good point. I don't each much raw broccoli myself but a lot of people eat it when losing weight because it's filling and has few calories. It's also high in many vitamins.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2356/2

DISCLAIMER: Consult an MD before beginning any diet/exercise program.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

and a lot of cock
"would you fuck me? i'd fuck me. i'd fuck me hard."
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »
honest to god, the best way to lose weight is to QUIT SMOKING YOU FUCKING PANSY! cigarettes don't keep you thin you idiot.

i had been a fairly hefty bro (200-210lbs)from middle school up until a year or so ago, when i quit smoking and snapped out of the "all sports are gay/hxcoresk8erbordeeng 5lyfe" phase and added various activities like hockey, basketball, weight lifting, swimming, running into my daily regime and since dropped down to 185lbs and counting. i still eat fast food and drink pop once in a while but i'm pretty straight with my weekly meals, oatmeal and fruit in the morning, half can of beans or full can of tuna, turkey sandwich(what up gip), yogurt, apples, oranges, v8 joose and a piece of cheese for lunch then whatever is made at home for dinner.

Can I replace hockey, basketball, weight lifting, swimming, and running with skateboarding since all sports are gay/hxcoresk8erbordeeng 5lyfe?

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Even so, why is showing off your abs any worse than showing off your car/gun/home/skateboard/sneakers, as are here the subjects of numerous multi-page threads? If Watson thinks it's "♥hAwT!!" let me clarify that I'm 100% hetero and did not gratuitously post a likeness of my lean physique to initiate dating prospects on a forum whose users are 99.9% male. Rather I genuinely wanted to present to the discussion exactly what kind of weight-cutting is possible in a relatively short while; my personal experience most dramatically conveyed with the irreplaceable power of imagery. Maybe that's the reason why skate ads have photos instead of block text that says things like, "NOLLIE HEELFLIP OVER A 12-STAIR RAIL."

Why are you such a fucking tease?

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »

Blitz

• Rep: -4
  • Skateboarding > Everything Else
    • MyBerrics avatar image
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
After Christmas I was crushing the scale at a fat ass 208 lbs. I made it my 2010 resolution to cut down to 168 for summer skateboarding. This morning's weigh-in was 173.

This is pretty gay but nothing illustrates the difference better than a before/after:

How did I do it?

I started with a kind of Atkins-style diet—tuna, chicken, cooked yams, raw eggs, broccoli, cottage cheese—that knocked away the lbs. but left me feeling like shit. A few weeks into this I saw Chris Kendall's Aberrican Me and got pretty stoked on the raw fruit thing. I had heard plenty of good things about a raw fruit diet and decided to incorporate more raw fruit consumption into my nutrition plan. With each passing week the raw factor went up to the point where about 90% of the calories I consume are from raw fruit and vegan protein powder. (I still eat cooked meats a few times a week to help preclude muscle atrophy as I shed weight toward my ultimate goal.) I use nutritiondata.com to count my calories and try to stay within the 1500-2000 range daily.

I'm eating 4 or 5 fruit smoothies a day and snack on handfuls of fresh blueberries, strawberries, cherries, etc. My facial complexion has improved and my hairline, which had begun to recede in the last couple of years, has actually grown back. Stoked on the raw advantage!

Really, the only way to increase your metabolism and lose weight without losing lean body mass (muscle) is to lift weights. I just stick to the basic movements and alternate two training days—pullups & curls one day; bench, incline, and standing overhead presses on the other, along with squats & deadlifts. Skateboarding 2 or 3 hours five days a week helps accelerate the fat loss but weight training alone is more effective at burning fat than cardio without weight training. Do both and you're going to see your weigh-ins head south—in my case it's been happening consistently for about 16 weeks at a rate of 2 lbs. a week.

you have inspired my 6'3 210lbs. ass to live by this diet.