Author Topic: do you let people ride your board?  (Read 11774 times)

CrapShoes

Re: do you let people ride your board?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
Expand Quote
nope never it wierds me out and i have to either change my whole set up or focus it if someone besides me has ridden it.
[close]

Really?!  You actually focus it?  How many times have you done this?

twice idk why but it pisses me off really bad and one time i just got a brand new board and my friend did the first ollie on it while i was grabbin a drink and i made him take the board and buy me a new one. i know its wierd but its a huge pet peeve of mine.

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
If its new, no. If not then i'll let my friends do a trick or two on it if their shoes are clean. You never know whos trying to jack you.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »
if its someone who skates I dont mind too much as long as they are only a couple seconds with it. the worst is when some drunk chick is at the park or spot and wants to try rolling on your shit. im not having some girl knock her teeth out with my board.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »
I saw some home town hero snap 4 boards in 1 session, trying a shove tail grab down a skatepark 7 stair.  His new board, his old board, his friends deck, and my friends old deck.  I don't know how he planned on riding away with his feet basically touching each other upon landing.
Those boards could have been saved. Don't lend your shit if he busted his like that.

I usually let them use my board if they'll be rolling around. I try and avoid it if they just broke theirs trying something. I'm usually with a few of my friends so if anyone tries to book he's got 3-4 people on his ass.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »
if its someone who skates I dont mind too much as long as they are only a couple seconds with it. the worst is when some drunk chick is at the park or spot and wants to try rolling on your shit. im not having some girl knock her teeth out with my board.

you're missing out on some good head

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
there are some guys i will not let use my board--dudes who break boards all the time.  but other than that, i'll let whoever use my board; it usually doesn't matter, because they ride it for a second and stop and bring it back because they say my trucks are too loose.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
I ride my trucks rather loose and they're indy lows so any time I let someone ride my board they just complain and give it back. I love it  ;D
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
of course, unless its night, at a place neither of us should be at and the guy who wants to see it looks like hed want to stab me and has a posse with him. 

palmtree12233

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »

twice idk why but it pisses me off really bad and one time i just got a brand new board and my friend did the first ollie on it while i was grabbin a drink and i made him take the board and buy me a new one. i know its wierd but its a huge pet peeve of mine.
you sound like the worst friend/skater.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
yeah because they gave it right back to me sayin' my trucks are too loose haha

this, and the groms can barely get off the ground on my 8.5, let alone do their mobbed kickflips

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
ok listen for all you kids skating street who are like 16 and younger never let anyone try your board i got jacked like twice i am also the most gullible and accepting person you have probably ever met in your life though its not my fault! i just want to be nice to people.

CrapShoes

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you sound like the worst friend/skater.

ok cool think what you want.

steve_lurkle

• Rep: -16
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »
nope never it wierds me out and i have to either change my whole set up or focus it if someone besides me has ridden it.

I'm the same way. I've never focused a board because of it though, because my friends know I hate people riding it so they don't ask.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »
I don't let people ride my board unless they're skateboarders. Why should I? Get your own shit if you want to skate.

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »
i only allow the most annoying,whiniest kids to ride my board because they all drop in/roll down a bank and eat shit because my trucks are super loose
 :)

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 02:17:06 PM »
i don't mind letting kids use my board, i just keep my eye on it
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
since I started skating 8.25 boards no kid wants to ride my board, cause they say its way too big, heavy and I use my trucks too loose
but when some of my best friends, who also ride man size boards, if they want to skate: my board It's available

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
really it's just bum and kid who ask for your board.
because every respectable skater can't skate with other ppl setup
tricks are for kids , style is forever

BuddyPal

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
it's funny when people you don't expect to skate do something cool, like one time i was skating thorugh this parking lot and it think it was like a law firm or something and a dude was walking to his car and he asked me if he could use my board and he did a heelfip. i thought it was cool, then he drove away in his nice ass BMW.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 696
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
Usually they gave it right back. I have this weird truck thing going on most boards I break in. The front truck for some reason always ends up loose or something. Like if you ride is backwards, it's almost unskateable. I think there was a thread about it. I never have to put any marks on the tail to differentiate because once I step on it, there's a huge difference. Anyone else have this issue?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
This must be another one of those "worthy" threads I keep hearing about!

I had a monogamous relationship with my wood...

I'm sure this describes the lack of success most of you have had with women.

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

I know you don't skateboard, but don't drag in useless SPAM to a thread.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »
unless it's like a little kid who wants to try skateboarding then FUCK NO.

something mentally makes me think that if someone else rides my board it will change something, how it feels, the turning of the trucks, SOMETHING, will throw me off.

really a huge pet peeve for some reason.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

BitchTits

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
Usually they gave it right back. I have this weird truck thing going on most boards I break in. The front truck for some reason always ends up loose or something. Like if you ride is backwards, it's almost unskateable. I think there was a thread about it. I never have to put any marks on the tail to differentiate because once I step on it, there's a huge difference. Anyone else have this issue?
For me, it's always the back truck.

jimi420

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »
it's funny when people you don't expect to skate do something cool, like one time i was skating thorugh this parking lot and it think it was like a law firm or something and a dude was walking to his car and he asked me if he could use my board and he did a heelfip. i thought it was cool, then he drove away in his nice ass BMW.
almost the same thing happened to me. i was at the skatepark which is right next to some basketball courts and this kid walks up to me and says "what's your best trick." i assumed since he said "best trick" he didn't know anything. so i showed him then he asked to use my board. he stuck a 360 flip and was just like "yeah i used to skate but this town sucks." i always like these kind of happenings.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
If it's my friend then yeah of course. Sometimes yes to just some joe anybody. But these are not often the ones asking to ride my skateboard. It's usually some drunk idiot who "used to skate" and wants to try it again. These people I bring the board to, inches of their fingers, then quickly pull it back, ride away on it and say "nooooooo." I tease these people, it is fun.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
although the dudes my boy i catch him walking and he hasnt skated much since he got a hernia but whenever he asks to use my bord he always gets a full session in and it just dont feel the same afterwards...

CrapShoes

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm the same way. I've never focused a board because of it though, because my friends know I hate people riding it so they don't ask.

yeah i just focused it cuz i was so disgustingly pissed about someone else riding my board and just kinda snapped but that happened when i was younger and now everyone knows not to touch my board and all my friends joke about it.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1501
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I'm on my second marriage so I guess I pretty much suck with the chicks.