Author Topic: mel gibson is out of his mind  (Read 8280 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: mel gibson is out of his mind
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 01:01:33 PM »
I feel you on Tom Cruise, but I think Mel Gibson is a little different. He punched his child's mother twice while she was holding their kid and claimed she deserved it. Don't get me wrong, I've said mean things before, but his shit is beyond the pail for anybody.

Also, all those claims that there was nothing anti-semetic about The Passion are starting to lose a lot of credit. Dude clearly is quite the prejudiced fellow.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »
only a scumbag asshole would stick up for him
there's a difference between sticking up for someone and not caring

the way i feel about your opinion is the same way i feel about mel gibsons personal life; it's predictable, cliched and not very interesting

I feel you on Tom Cruise, but I think Mel Gibson is a little different. He punched his child's mother twice while she was holding their kid and claimed she deserved it. Don't get me wrong, I've said mean things before, but his shit is beyond the pail for anybody.

Also, all those claims that there was nothing anti-semetic about The Passion are starting to lose a lot of credit. Dude clearly is quite the prejudiced fellow.

punching your wife is definitely fucked up, hadn't heard about that one.

but for the rascist part, i just don't see how people are so suprised by this. i guess growing up for a good bit in australia makes that side of him not very suprising to me but maybe for people who've never lived there it's a bit more shocking. it's not the most progressive pc place and i don't find this very interesting because i never had progressive, pc delusions about mel.

ChileOrDie

• Rep: -9

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 01:43:31 PM »

it's true.  it can also make for a humorous conversation to be pro-Mel Gibson though.  my friend and i have been doing that lately, just to fuck with people..   people are definitely not warmly receptive to any Mel Gibson support these days

all joke pro- Mel Gibson stuff aside, say what you will, Apocalypto is a well-directed film. 
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
there's a difference between sticking up for someone and not caring

the way i feel about your opinion is the same way i feel about mel gibsons personal life; it's predictable, cliched and not very interesting

Expand Quote

[close]

punching your wife is definitely fucked up, hadn't heard about that one.

but for the rascist part, i just don't see how people are so suprised by this. i guess growing up for a good bit in australia makes that side of him not very suprising to me but maybe for people who've never lived there it's a bit more shocking. it's not the most progressive pc place and i don't find this very interesting because i never had progressive, pc delusions about mel.
Don't you think not being pc is a bit different than being an over the top racist? This wasn't like tasteless humor or something.
And yeah, he punched his girlfriend twice while she was holding their baby, when she mentioned it in one of the phone calls apparently his response is "you deserved it too"
Also, on top of the offensiveness of it, some of it has been pretty entertaining in that fucked up way over the years. Him calling a female cop "sugartits" as he was being arrested for a DUI is amazing entertainment

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 02:11:12 PM »
i was trying to be polite about it. when i lived there it was by far the most rascist place i've every lived (west coast, i have no idea about the rest of the country). i got spit on a few times by total stragners for having a us accent and stepped to constantly. they have racial slurs for every single grouping imaginable and drop them like it's no biggie anywhere.

nip
boong
daygo
yank
pommie
etc...

my closest friends and family from there were all racist and i just kind of accepted that's how it was there and kind of stopped caring. it wasn't uncommon at all to be out skating and have the guys i skated with start yelling racial slurs at asian familys walking with their kids across the parking lots we'd be skating in. while i lived there a guy took an asian guy out of a cab and kicked him to death on the side of the road. the asian guy had kids and when it went to trial and they asked the guy why he did it he said "i just can't stand the nip bastards" and he only got a 12 month sentance. they even have a saying there "queensland sunny one day, beautiful the next" and i can't even count the number of times i heard the joke "queensland sunny one day, asian the next..." while i lived there.

i'm not saying that i like that about the place, i honestly didn't enjoy my time there too much and it was a large part because of that and the misogynistic attitudes i expereinced while i was there. because of this i don't find it suprising or interesting in anyway to hear that an old white australian guy is rascist, i find it more suprising that people are so suprised. it'd be like being suprised that a white guy in his 80s from alabama says rascist things. it's just not that shocking.

if you think you shouldn't enjoy a gibson film because he has these kind of attitudes then i'd put my money on you need to also throw out any ac\dc mp3s you might have in your collection.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:15:29 PM by Sleazy »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
I don't know how I could just accept my friends screaming racist shit at children. There is never a cultural excuse for that. I think I'd rather skate alone.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
it used to piss me off but honestly i was just glad it wasn't me. that shit happened to me so many times when i was there. if i wanted to completely avoid it i wouldn't have been able to leave the house. i pretty much just ignored it and learned how to talk with an aussie accent. by the time i left maybe once every few months someone would say "why you keep trying to sound like a yank?" but most people couldn't tell i was from the us. i just got sick of the constant harrasement and violence.

shit has happened to my dad a shit load too. he's gotten in so many fights over there. i was just never into fighting though.

jimi420

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
i'm pretty sure we'd all look like assholes if the whole world could hear the kinds of things we say to people when we break up
when i first heard about slap, my friend said "it's basically just a bunch of assholes making fun of each other."

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »

Dude has a list of people he is trying to piss off and checks them off one by one.
Shit, two by two at least.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »
if you think you shouldn't enjoy a gibson film because he has these kind of attitudes then i'd put my money on you need to also throw out any ac\dc mp3s you might have in your collection.
AC/DC fucking sucks, I really hope no one has that shit in their collections.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 03:18:44 AM »
What? You guys have never curb stomped an Asian just for the hell of it?

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 04:08:00 AM »
Maybe times hAve changed some here in AUS.  Nobobdy has ever said anything to me about being from the US in my 5 years here. 
You definitely run into some of the older attitudes sometimes in terms of race but not very often. Maybe Perth is different

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 04:35:25 AM »
i lived in aus for the most part of my life... i found that a lot of small Australian towns are quiet racist (when i was a kid i lived in one such town) and a lot of the older generation are really bad too (my dads parents have said some pretty shitty things)... things have gotten better as rfox said, but some places and people are still rather bad... when i went home last time i heard some pretty outlandish things from some bogans/rednecks...

and mel gibson is regular, and hopefully no amount of p.r. can save him this time

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »
Saying regular shit is one thing but there is no excuse for punching a woman holding a baby. Apocalypto was amazing but I'll be damned if this guy sees anymore of my money.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 05:33:44 AM »
perth is so isolated, it's essentially the worlds biggest small town. i'm sure there are way more progressive areas in aus. but the point was more that it's not suprising that an old white guy from australia would have those type attitudes for anyone that lived there and i'm sure you guys were equally unsuprised by this.

Saying regular shit is one thing but there is no excuse for punching a woman holding a baby. Apocalypto was amazing but I'll be damned if this guy sees anymore of my money.

agreed, but i can't take it quite that far. still going to watch mel's films and listen to miles davis's and bob marely's music.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 06:13:19 AM »
Racism in Australia definitely isn't as bad as it used to be, but I think the problem is that as 'multicultural' of a society it is, people simply aren't educated enough about the outside world (which includes the world of Australia's indigenous people). It leads to a society that is afraid of difference and change. I think that's why you find that a lot of immigrants aren't as integrated into society as many would imagine, especially non-caucasians. So despite well meaning immigration intakes, you still see the manifestation of irrational fears in things like race riots and debates about refugees. Multiculturalism shouldn't be about just throwing a couple of 'ethnics' in the mix, it should be about the mutual respect and understanding (and in some cases adaptation of certain aspects) of different cultures and ways of life, for the benefit of society. 

BitchTits

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:51 AM »
agreed, but i can't take it quite that far. still going to watch mel's films and listen to miles davis's and bob marely's music.
What did Miles Davis and Bob Marley do that's comparable to Mel Gibson? By the way, what's a "daygo"?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »
It's a racial slur for Italians. Sean Connery drops the D-bomb a number of times in The Untouchables.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

The expression is properly beyond the pale. It means an action that is regarded as outside the limits of acceptable behaviour, which is unacceptable or improper. A classic example is in The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, dated 1837: “I look upon you, sir, as a man who has placed himself beyond the pale of society, by his most audacious, disgraceful, and abominable public conduct”. The earliest example known is from A Compleat History of Rogues of 1720.

That word pale has nothing to do with the adjective for something light in colour except that both come from Latin roots. The one referring to colour is from the Latin verb pallere, to be pale, whilst our one is from palus, a stake.

A pale is an old name for a pointed stake driven into the ground and — by an obvious-enough extension — to a barrier made of such stakes, a fence (our modern word pole is from the same source, as are impale and paling). This meaning has been around in English since the fourteenth century. By 1400 it had taken on various figurative senses — a defence, a safeguard, a barrier, an enclosure, or a limit beyond which it was not permissible to go. The idea of an enclosed area still exists in some English dialects.

In particular, the term was used to describe various defended enclosures of territory inside other countries. For example, the English pale in France in the fourteenth century was the territory of Calais, the last English possession in that country. The best-known modern example is the Russian Pale, between 1791 and the Revolution of 1917, which were specified provinces and districts within which Russian Jews were required to live. Another famous one is the Pale in Ireland, that part of the country over which England had direct jurisdiction — it varied from time to time, but was an area of several counties centred on Dublin. The first mention of the Irish Pale is in a document of 1446–7. Though there was an attempt later in the century to enclose the Pale by a bank and ditch (which was never completed), there never was a literal fence around it.

The expression has often been claimed to originate in one or other of these pales, most commonly the Irish one. However, the first example known to the Oxford English Dictionary is in a work by Sir John Harington, The History of Polindor and Flostella, written sometime before 1612 but published in 1657: “Both Dove-like roved forth beyond the pale / To planted Myrtle-walk.” This is rather late if the Irish Pale were the source. Moreover, this example used the word in the literal sense of a boundary or enclosure, not the modern figurative one, so that there’s no conceptual link either.

The earliest relevant figurative sense was of a sphere of activity or interest, a branch of study or a body of knowledge; we use field in much the same way. This first appeared in 1483 in one of the earliest printed books in English, The Golden Legende, a translation by William Caxton of a French work.

Our figurative sense seems in part to have grown out of this, since those who exist outside such a conceptual pale are not of our kind and do not share our values, beliefs or social customs. There may well have been an echo of a literal pale as well, with an implication that civilisation stopped at its boundary.

i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What did Miles Davis and Bob Marley do that's comparable to Mel Gibson? By the way, what's a "daygo"?

beat their women and yeah daygo is an italian

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »
come on dudes, it's spelled dago. if we're going to be ignorant we can at least be properly ignorant.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »
i expect(not to be mistaken for accept)a certain amount of racism from older people, its just how they were raised back then.
its when younger people are racists that it pisses me off something fierce.  i mean, this day and age and you're a fucking racist?   >:(    

that said, i forsee russell crowe following in mels footsteps soon enough.    

if you are interested in knowing all the racial slurs out there, check the link.
http://www.rsdb.net/

BitchTits

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
Thanks. I might have heard of 1% of all slurs on that list.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »
i expect(not to be mistaken for accept)a certain amount of racism from older people, its just how they were raised back then.
its when younger people are racists that it pisses me off something fierce.  i mean, this day and age and you're a fucking racist?   >:(    

if you are interested in knowing all the racial slurs out there, check the link.

Don't forget, that you too are a racist sir.  I know it's a fact, because I read it here on slap.

/sarcasm

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 12:35:30 PM »
Don't forget that Hitler was from Australia, too.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »

You do realize that saying a slur is not the only thing that makes you racist, right? Maybe if you are the type of person who assumes the worst about a race of people no matter what there actions are you too are a racist. Sorry, I shouldn't have put if there. You are still a racist.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »
so what if he is a racist? does that mean he can't have a valid opinion?