Author Topic: Nike Buys Ambiguous Clothing !!  (Read 7049 times)

skoopsdekan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Nike Buys Ambiguous Clothing !!
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Nike Buys Ambiguous Clothing !!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:54:57 PM »
6.0 apperal
FREE MAX B

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
corey duffel dunk colorway in the works?

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

DrinkSmokeFight

• Rep: -8
  • where's my chippy? there's my chippy.
    • Drink Smoke Fight avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »
i am fine with anyone on Ambiguous getting some of that swoosh money.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone. - Vonnegut

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
this is so random, why did they buy it? they already have a huge apparel division.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
^ Its called horizontal integration. You buy out competition to make your business stronger. They also own converse for the same reason. Its how both the Standard Oil and US Steal monopolies were formed. But Nike is cool, right dudes? They got sweet colorways, who cares what their other intentions are?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ruiner2

• Rep: -25
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 03:14:32 PM »
i heard they are kicking the whole team off to build some "xtreme team" with lutzka and some other busters

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
i heard they are kicking the whole team off to build some "xtreme team" with lutzka and some other busters
of course they are, its not skateboarding unless slutzka is involved
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Was Ambiguous even that great of a company to even buy? This just seems like a waste.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
i am fine with anyone on Ambiguous getting some of that swoosh money.

JT Aultz :D

TheFreshSC

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
the best dudes on ambiguous already left for comune last year

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
^ Its called horizontal integration. You buy out competition to make your business stronger. They also own converse for the same reason. Its how both the Standard Oil and US Steal monopolies were formed. But Nike is cool, right dudes? They got sweet colorways, who cares what their other intentions are?

did you really just compare oil and steal monoplies, to a fucking shoe company.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote
^ Its called horizontal integration. You buy out competition to make your business stronger. They also own converse for the same reason. Its how both the Standard Oil and US Steel monopolies were formed. But Nike is cool, right dudes? They got sweet colorways, who cares what their other intentions are?

[close]

did you really just compare oil and steel monoplies, to a fucking shoe company.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's wrong with the comparison?

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »
fuck nike turning skating into an oil company.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
“I should’ve woken you up and said fucking blow me bitch! I should’ve fuckin’ woken you up and said blow me! You would’ve liked that better, yeah? But you need the goddamn sleep! Waited and waited? What, two and a half fucking minutes!? You’re fucking snoring. Don’t you dare … I deserve to be blown first! Before the fucking Jacuzzi! Ok, I’ll burn the goddamn house up, but blow me first! How dare you!??!”- Mel Gibson
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

relevant to my intrests

• Rep: -58
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not seeing a problem with the comparison either.

jrock

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
wow what a scandal

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
ableSkateMag.com

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
Nike is evil, but damn can them niggas make a one hell of a  vulcanized shoe.  ;D

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »
fuck nike turning skating into an oil company.

Quoted for awesomeness. 

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
PROOF?!

BitchTits

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 08:01:48 PM »
Was Ambiguous even that great of a company to even buy? This just seems like a waste.

I like the team and the jeans are high quality. But, then again, for $60, you should expect it to be good.

Nothing is going to change, though. No one on the team is going to get paid more. The only change will probably be in Phil Knight's bank account.

thugnificent

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »

quit trying to sound intelligent. ambiguous is in no way competition for nike, or any skate clothing company for that matter. nobody wears that shit

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

quit trying to sound intelligent. ambiguous is in no way competition for nike, or any skate clothing company for that matter. nobody wears that shit
Don't be a meathead dumbass. "Hey, I don't get all them words, I'm gunna make fun of him for talking above me!" I wasn't even really saying anything to hard to get. Only a complete fucking idiot says shit like that when a person is speaking about concepts people should understand by 7th grade.
All I was doing was answering the other  poster's question. That's how it works. That's what its called when large companies buy up smaller brands that make the same product as them. Horizontal integration. Its not like I am even accusing them of some conspiracy. Why do you think they bought it? They just had to have those amazing ambiguous designs? Will the ambiguous label add any value to nike clothing? Of course not. You buy out smaller brands to give your large brand a greater reach in the market and to eliminate competition, no more, no less. They don't have to be attempting to create a monopoly, but many monopolies that have formed. Arguing whether or not a big company should have such a powerful influence on skating is a different discussion. This is just explaining what it is doing.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 08:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Because oil and steel are resources that someone who is living in a industrialized society needs to live a functionable lifestyle, therefore if someone has a monopoly on it you really have no choice but to pay their prices. Nike's a shoe company,they're selling a consumer good, they don't have a monoply and never will, hell I don't think it's even possible as long as people have free will to have a real monopoly on something like shoes.  And to make it clear I'm not defending Nike or any major corporations business practices.

thugnificent

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Don't be a meathead dumbass. "Hey, I don't get all them words, I'm gunna make fun of him for talking above me!" I wasn't even really saying anything to hard to get. Only a complete fucking idiot says shit like that when a person is speaking about concepts people should understand by 7th grade.
All I was doing was answering the other  poster's question. That's how it works. That's what its called when large companies buy up smaller brands that make the same product as them. Horizontal integration. Its not like I am even accusing them of some conspiracy. Why do you think they bought it? They just had to have those amazing ambiguous designs? Will the ambiguous label add any value to nike clothing? Of course not. You buy out smaller brands to give your large brand a greater reach in the market and to eliminate competition, no more, no less. They don't have to be attempting to create a monopoly, but many monopolies that have formed. Arguing whether or not a big company should have such a powerful influence on skating is a different discussion. This is just explaining what it is doing.

again, quit trying to sound intelligent. nobody wants to read a novel when it can be said the exact same in a single sentence, short stories are for faggots.

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »
Since it has become trendy to harass The Gipper and nitpick his post about relatively trivial matters, I'm going to give it a shot.  Gip's post is in bold, my petty responses are not:

Don't be a meathead dumbass. "Hey, I don't get all them words, I'm gunna make fun of him for talking above me!"

Ad Hominem!

I wasn't even really saying anything to too hard to get. Only a complete fucking idiot says shit like that when a person is speaking about concepts people should understand by 7th grade.

Again, more insults and Ad Hominem attacks.  Also, most people in 7th grade have no idea what 'horizontal integration' is.

All I was doing was answering the other poster's question. That's how it works. That's what its it's called when large companies buy up smaller brands that make the same product as them. Horizontal integration. Its It's not like I am even accusing them of some conspiracy.

You weren't just answering his questions, you were advancing your far left agenda.  And Ambigious does not make the same product as Nike.  And when companies buy up other companies, it's called an acquisition - it's not necessarily horizontal integration.  Also, you implied that they conspired to collude to create a monopoly. 

Why do you think they bought it? They just had to have those amazing ambiguous Ambiguous designs? Will the ambiguous Ambiguous label add any value to nike Nike clothing? Of course not.

Obviously the Ambiguous label will add value to Nike clothing - if it didn't, they wouldn't have bought it.

You buy out smaller brands to give your large brand a greater reach in the market and to eliminate competition, no more, no less.

Many times companies will buy out smaller brands to diversify, not just to eliminate competition.  You have never worked in a corporate environment, so you don't really know how they operate on a day-to-day basis other than from an outsiders perspective.  You giving an explanation of corporate actions is like a CEO trying to describe the average skater.

They don't have to be attempting to create a monopoly, but many monopolies that have formed*. Arguing whether or not a big company should have such a powerful influence on skating is a different discussion. This is just explaining what it is doing.

*That first sentence is not grammatically correct.  I'd like to point out that monopolies are illegal. 

This post is not serious.  It is simply made to parody that fact that people currently seem to be willing to point out every little gaffe that Gipper makes and turn molehills into mountains. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:46:59 PM by TheFifthColumn »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
I drink YOUR milkshake!
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

maggot brain

• Rep: -22
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »
big fish eat small fish
big fish gets bigger
derpppppppppppppp