Author Topic: Nike Buys Ambiguous Clothing !!  (Read 7052 times)

KellanIt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Nike Buys Ambiguous Clothing !!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »
Stoked on Ambiguous. Never been stoked on Nike. If this is true, I'm actually inclined to be happy about it. Ambiguous needed some kind of help...  they've got a rad brand with some rad people behind the scenes. I've always been bummed to see Ambig. not doing as well as others in the shop.
Tits are a good part of the female anatomy. I prefer a good ass, but for a kid, tits.

Vibetekk

• Rep: 10
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 06:50:30 AM »
Moves so slowly
Grows so smoothly
Takes so neatly
It's as if they belong and they've been here all along
"They only live to get radical."

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 08:17:06 AM »
Moves so slowly
Grows so smoothly
Takes so neatly
It's as if they belong and they've been here all along

There's a pattern.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

darth nihilus

• Rep: 11
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »
bullshit story.

the dudes at ambiguous are bringing back Split though, lol.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ Its called horizontal integration. You buy out competition to make your business stronger. They also own converse for the same reason. Its how both the Standard Oil and US Steal monopolies were formed. But Nike is cool, right dudes? They got sweet colorways, who cares what their other intentions are?

[close]

quit trying to sound intelligent. ambiguous is in no way competition for nike, or any skate clothing company for that matter. nobody wears that shit
[close]
Don't be a meathead dumbass. "Hey, I don't get all them words, I'm gunna make fun of him for talking above me!" I wasn't even really saying anything to hard to get. Only a complete fucking idiot says shit like that when a person is speaking about concepts people should understand by 7th grade.
All I was doing was answering the other  poster's question. That's how it works. That's what its called when large companies buy up smaller brands that make the same product as them. Horizontal integration. Its not like I am even accusing them of some conspiracy. Why do you think they bought it? They just had to have those amazing ambiguous designs? Will the ambiguous label add any value to nike clothing? Of course not. You buy out smaller brands to give your large brand a greater reach in the market and to eliminate competition, no more, no less. They don't have to be attempting to create a monopoly, but many monopolies that have formed. Arguing whether or not a big company should have such a powerful influence on skating is a different discussion. This is just explaining what it is doing.
[close]

again, quit trying to sound intelligent. making me acknowledge how stupid and uneducated I am. nobody wants to read a novel paragraph when it can be said the exact same in we need it to be simplified into a single sentence, short stories reading multiple sentences are for faggots. The literate.
Fixed.  Also, don't worry about the next few paragraphs, they are probably a bit too advanced for you in the language used and concepts discussed anyway.

Also, 5th column, acquisition is a vague term. Companies acquire 2 different kinds of companies usually: 1) Companies that make supplies they need (McDonalds buys out a cattle ranch) which is vertical integration, and companies they compete with (Nike buys Converse), called horizontal integration. Acknowledging both exist is not a far left position, it is a statement of fact. Most people look at the world as it exists with a more left wing lens, and when they hear corporate power is being concentrated into less hands, they give it a negative connotation. A genuine right wing person would acknowledge what I was talking about is true, then explain the value of having large corporations doing that in an attempt to explain why what was going on was not bad but good. They would acknowledge that I was explaining why a company like NIke would buy a company like ambiguous. Though I will say I appreciate the humor in you deciding to dissect my post.

And whoever said steel and oil are important and skate clothes are not, you are right, but COMPLETELY missed my point. Just because a company doesn't make something vital doesn't mean they can't take over a market using those techniques. Nobody needs McDonald's burgers or starbucks coffee either. Actually, South Park has an episode about horizontal integration regarding a starbucks where they explain exactly what I did, but show why they think it isn't necessarily so bad.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
is it me or does this dude^  just come off like a total asshole?  all the time

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »
its not just me and this dude^  is a total asshole?  all the time

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
Yep. I am. I have an intolerance for stupidity.

thugnificent

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
must be tough living with yourself then

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
takes one to know one to you too. I'm rubber your glue X infinity. So ha.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 03:48:36 AM »
Thugnificent, when constructing your comeback, remember that infinity + 1 is more than infinity.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 05:50:08 AM »
gipper may be an asshole. but he's really fucking right on this one. and thugnificent, you're a really shitty knockoff version of a fake COTG troll account (we know it, you know it, c'mon). and you always have been. since when have you really thought anyone here takes you seriously? i mean, i like you posting and everything but, lets not start acting like you have any sort of perspective on shit all of a sudden, when your whole schtick has been brash, illogical, argumentative outbursts and reactionary bullshit.

oh, and yes, infinity +1 always trumps infinity, so...probably go with that. or not.

:-*

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

ruiner2

• Rep: -25
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »
confirmed by Boosh on skatetalk

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
i don't think i've ever seen anyone rocking ambiguous in my entire life?  i guess its good for whoever sold it but i don't really care one way or the other.  its not like i really buy much skate clothing beyond tees and hoodies.   

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
gipper may be an asshole. but he's really fucking right on this one. and thugnificent, you're a really shitty knockoff version of a fake COTG troll account (we know it, you know it, c'mon). and you always have been. since when have you really thought anyone here takes you seriously? i mean, i like you posting and everything but, lets not start acting like you have any sort of perspective on shit all of a sudden, when your whole schtick has been brash, illogical, argumentative outbursts and reactionary bullshit.

oh, and yes, infinity +1 always trumps infinity, so...probably go with that. or not.

k
Are you saying I'm a fake account? I'm probably the only real account on here.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote

k
[close]

not at all. actually, you're probably one of my favorite posters (the poster they love to hate) and i'm glad you're back. i'm saying HE's a fucking fake wannabe you. and he sucks at it, but if that's his deal, then stick to it. you cool... sometimes. at least you actually have opinions as opposed to just troll tendencies (thin line, i know). that dude just sucks and trolls and then sucks some more.

k

edited to say: i just realized that you kooked me for that. i thought you never used that button or cared about kooks? dag.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:26:56 PM by kamltoe »

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »
edited to say: i just realized that you kooked me for that. i thought you never used that button or cared about kooks? dag.

how do you know it wasn't someone else?  or me?   ;D

those who use the kook button are usually people that are too much of a bitch to actually say shit.  its the pussy way of saying, i don't agree with you/i don't like you in fear that they themselves might get kooked.  its weird but how hard is it to tell someone to go fuck themselves online? 

thugnificent

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »
i see i got a few ladies here catching feelings. being emotional is a turn off for me though, so if you're trying to be my next flavor of love like I think yall are, ya better check yourself

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

k
[close]
[close]

not at all. actually, you're probably one of my favorite posters (the poster they love to hate) and i'm glad you're back. i'm saying HE's a fucking fake wannabe you. and he sucks at it, but if that's his deal, then stick to it. you cool... sometimes. at least you actually have opinions as opposed to just troll tendencies (thin line, i know). that dude just sucks and trolls and then sucks some more.

k

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the fact that you think everyone with an opposing opinion to slap fags is a troll. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA even more at the fact that you would even entertain the thought of me kooking someone.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »
Fuck, I forgot about infinity + 1.  :-[

happy face

• Rep: -55
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2010, 04:20:25 AM »
what about infinity +2?  or 3? or shit what about infinity + infinity?

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2010, 05:38:58 AM »
fuck nike turning skating into an oil company.
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

BriDen

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They all equal infinity. Infinity+1 = Infinity+2 = Infinity+Infinity. It's a concept, not a number.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 07:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They all equal infinity. Infinity+1 = Infinity+2 = Infinity+Infinity. It's a concept, not a number.
That's it

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
That's it

x 2 works just as well as +1

homo sacer

• Rep: -7
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »
economies of scope = monopolist practice

edit:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:05:12 PM by homo sacer »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »
As long as we all agree that Infinity + 1 is more than Infinity x Infinity, because Infinity x Infinity = Infinity, then I think we can successfully deter this from it's original topic of... what was it again? I want an English muffin.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
I drink YOUR milkshake!

I drink it up!
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »
big fish eat small fish
big fish gets bigger
derpppppppppppppp