Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 279712 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #1080 on: September 07, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
Can someone just just kind of break down the madness video in words? Is it that different from the Epicly Later'd one?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1081 on: September 07, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
The Madness video is pretty similar to the Epicly Later'd, but it shows all of Andrew's unused (yet perfectly usable) tricks. It's about thirteen minutes long, I believe. It also has some slams.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #1082 on: September 07, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
Can you explain what Gomez meant by the night footage thing? Is Reynolds better at filming at night or something?

after watching the madness thing again, i remembered in his baker 3 part, there's a whole section of the part that's all night footage. it makes sense now. 3:02 - 4:30

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1083 on: September 07, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »
Can you explain what Gomez meant by the night footage thing? Is Reynolds better at filming at night or something?

Expand Quote
after watching the madness thing again, i remembered in his baker 3 part, there's a whole section of the part that's all night footage. it makes sense now. 3:02 - 4:30

[close]

just watch it. peep your inbox  ;)

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1084 on: September 07, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

He originally filmed that nollie halfcab heel down that set with yellow stairs at night. Then realized none of his footage was shot at night besides that trick, so he went back and did it again in the day time. Because he didn't want one random night clip.

Also, this is different than the epicly laterd episode because it focuses more on how he wants to perfect his tricks so he will do them over and over, and it shows a lot of the throw away clips. Instead of just talking about his tapping and what not.

hasselbladical

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1085 on: September 07, 2010, 06:01:10 PM »
The DVD needs to hit my shop soon so I can see this madness clip. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -350
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #1086 on: September 08, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

He originally filmed that nollie halfcab heel down that set with yellow stairs at night. Then realized none of his footage was shot at night besides that trick, so he went back and did it again in the day time. Because he didn't want one random night clip.

Also, this is different than the epicly laterd episode because it focuses more on how he wants to perfect his tricks so he will do them over and over, and it shows a lot of the throw away clips. Instead of just talking about his tapping and what not.
That front 180 half cab flip line never gets old.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1087 on: September 08, 2010, 01:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

just watch it. peep your inbox  ;)

pm for the madness please? :P
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1088 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »
I was at that Reynolds/Duffel gap on Sunday... it's so fucking big it's hard to understand how a human being could jump down it and live. Pro skating right now is just at a level I can't even get my mind around.

i had physics classes in that building.

i always thought that was silly.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1089 on: September 08, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hay Skate nerdz.

Quick question. Anyone know if Reynolds last trick kickflip gap is the same one Jamie Thomas 180s at the end of his first song in Dying To Live?

I know somebody in a foundation shirt back 180s it in hallelujah.
[close]

Jamie was the first one who did an ollie down that shit.
[close]
yeah he ollied it back in the day. that 180 is a different gap, it has a curb infront of it too. the davis gap doesnt, nor does it have those flowers.

Oh yeah, now I remember, Jamie ollied it at the end of a On Video montage.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Schteven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1090 on: September 08, 2010, 06:51:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

just watch it. peep your inbox?  ;)
[close]

Fantesticle!

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #1091 on: September 08, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #1092 on: September 08, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
not judging anyone because i wanted the pm before september 1st but those of you who have the means should really buy the dvd.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1093 on: September 08, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »
not judging anyone because i wanted the pm before september 1st but those of you who have the means should really buy the dvd.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1094 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1095 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
Why is this dvd different from any of the other thousands of videos that get downloaded?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #1096 on: September 08, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »
if anyone still has a working link to madness and flow section then I'll give you an internet five and props for pm'ing it to me. Thaaaaanks ya

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #1097 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:01 AM »
is there a thread where people are actually talking about the video?

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1098 on: September 08, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »
would love to see Madness_
big props!

Najeeb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1099 on: September 08, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #1100 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »
pm's should only be sent to people who actually consistently post on here and contribute, not to the lurkers who rise out of the depths when a video comes out.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

Davy

« Reply #1101 on: September 08, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
pm's should only be sent to people who actually consistently post on here and contribute, not to the lurkers who rise out of the depths when a video comes out.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #1102 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
Why is this dvd different from any of the other thousands of videos that get downloaded?
I dont usually buy alot of the recent videos but im a fan of the full length video format; rather than online clips for instant gratification. skateboarding is heading towards online media but i think its rad to have a physical video to add to my collection. therefore, i think its a good idea to support those videos you really like.

Shabazz

• Rep: 7
  • Stop clapping before y'all make me smile!
« Reply #1103 on: September 08, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »
Pm for madness or any extras would be appreciated.

Keirabug

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1104 on: September 09, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »
I would appreciate a pm of the madness and other extras as well.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1105 on: September 09, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I dont usually buy alot of the recent videos but im a fan of the full length video format; rather than online clips for instant gratification. skateboarding is heading towards online media but i think its rad to have a physical video to add to my collection. therefore, i think its a good idea to support those videos you really like.

that and I think lengthy productions that take that long should be purchased. a lot of heart and soul goes into the details of those videos and I would like to believe that there are still people and companies that believe they're more than marketing tools that should be put out once a year to be rapidly digested and thrown away. the last thing i want to see is people following what blackbox and DC did with their videos.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #1106 on: September 09, 2010, 07:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that and I think lengthy productions that take that long should be purchased. a lot of heart and soul goes into the details of those videos and I would like to believe that there are still people and companies that believe they're more than marketing tools that should be put out once a year to be rapidly digested and thrown away. the last thing i want to see is people following what blackbox and DC did with their videos.

Strange World was a legit video and honestly, I'm into the idea of doing shorter videos more frequently. Who wants to watch an hour and a half long skate video with 20 parts to try to get psyched?

But yeah, I see what you mean. There's something sick about finally taking the shrinkwrap off of a skate video that you've been waiting to see for 4 years.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
« Reply #1107 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Strange World was a legit video and honestly, I'm into the idea of doing shorter videos more frequently. Who wants to watch an hour and a half long skate video with 20 parts to try to get psyched?

But yeah, I see what you mean. There's something sick about finally taking the shrinkwrap off of a skate video that you've been waiting to see for 4 years.

I hate to sound sour, but I'm getting older and just don't get as excited for full length videos like I did years ago. Sure videos like Stay Gold are still cool to check out, but to be honest I prefer having something new and short to check out when I surf the web for an hour or so each day. Sorry if I'm kinda contributing to the death of the video.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 679
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1108 on: September 09, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
my computer blew up so i cant watch the video anymore unfortunately.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1109 on: September 09, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »
my computer blew up so i cant watch the video anymore unfortunately.

i assume you`re typing this from your mobile phone then.