Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 279756 times)

popsiclesandskatin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
Re: Stay Gold PREMIERE
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »
patrickodell: Jerry Hsu comeback part!

S. Samyro

• Rep: 12
  • Oh, you handsome devil.
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm a dickbrain.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »
Reynolds with the ender again then?
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
Reynolds with the ender again then?

yep.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:44 PM »
any song spoilers?

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
And Heath with the opener again. Seems like foreshadowing.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »
my friend texted me from the premier saying leo got a standing O and some people thought it was the ender and almost forgot about reynolds. i did the exact same thing at the lakai premier when guy's part ended i was ready to leave then marc popped up.

agent dale cooper

• Rep: -5
  • damn good coffee...and hot!
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »
any song spoilers?

for real, find myself wanting to know if the songs were good because i know the skating will be on point.  then again, w/ miner (TIS had awesome music) and the dudes in the video, i can't imagine a bad soundtrack.

also, the line-up is pretty much what i expected, except a couple surprises but i'm so stoked on both:  heath before the credits?  it might be short, but i bet it's fucked.  also, jerry that late in the video has to be pretty fucking good.  i expected westgate/herman as openers and leo/reynolds as enders, but w/ hsu leading in it's gotta be good, i thought he'd share w/ spanky or heath.
And here I sit so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice

Skate.ly

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2010, 11:17:13 PM »
Can't wait to see Herman's part, one of the smoothest styles and definitely the best hardflip in the biz.

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2010, 11:22:41 PM »
fucking hell i need to see this

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
.......bootlegs?

any senn/tempster footage?

Kert

• Rep: 3
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »
patrickodell: Jerry Hsu comeback part!
yes!! really excited for this

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »
ill be back with a full review either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

This should be good.

BLUNTSnSBs

• Rep: -30
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »
just got back from the premiere

heaths ender was badass
leo raped every handrail in the world
and reynolds just mindfucked the shit out of skateboarding

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »

heaths ender was badass

Spoil me please, PM or otherwise.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »
fuck i can't wait for sept. 1st

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote

heaths ender was badass
[close]

where is home?

alexthelarge

• Rep: 0
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

heaths ender was badass
[close]

[close]

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »
heath has a part before the intro. its more of a retrospect of his skate career than a part. he has about 4-5 new tricks and a line. yes he is dressed in all white for them. his ender is on the megaramp. i 100% swear that i am not kidding. theres an intro.  if i remember correctly, westgate has first part, suski has a full part. marquis preston has a sick part thats pretty long. tancownys part is pretty cool. colin provost and justin figureoa both impressed me a lot. figgy has guest tricks from slash and john dickson. hsu has a whole section of slams, and then a section of tricks, short but good. hermans part is divided into 2 sections. the first part is all lines involving benches, the second is all his other stuff. spankys part has a lot of old footage but its still sick, nothing too shocking. braydon has one of the better parts . . a lot more manual tricks than youd expect.  leo has second to last part and a lot of it is expected, all of it is gnar/amazing. reynolds has last part.

westgate, provost, and leo have tricks up rails.

there wasent much variety in the soundtrack which was kinda lame, but maybe the DVD version will have different songs. the only song i remember was suski skating to flower travlin band, and someone skated to hawkwind. theres no punk songs, no hip-hop/rap, nothing that wasent made/doesnt sound like it was made after the 70s.

ed, chris senn, another guy, and marissa dal santo have little 30 second or so sections in the credits.

maybe ill remember more in the morning.

EDIT: i didnt know so many fools on here were going, we all should have met up and high fived. i was the guy in the doo rag in the front and center.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:28:55 AM by GnarlesManson »

ellz034

• Rep: -1
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE PREMIERE OF STAY GOLD IN HOLLYWOOD!!! I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TOP BUY IT. EVERY SINGLE PART WAS AMAZING. FIGGY DID WORK!!! WESTGATE'S PART WAS WAAAY BETTER THAN HIS ZOO YORK PART. PROVOST PROVES WHY HE IS THE BEST, HERMAN KILLS IT, KIRCHART IS ALWAYS FLAWLESS. SUSKI GETS DOWN. BRAYDON DROPS HAMMERS. LEO IS GOD. SPANKY IS FUCKIN SICK. JERRY HSU HAS SUCH AN ESSENTIAL PART. ANDREW REYNOLDS......... ILL JUST LET YOU HOMIES WAIT AND SEE. DEFINITELY VIDEO OF THE YEAR. STAY GOLD WAS AMAZING.

frontsidecuntslide

• Rep: 5
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
Heath's part was a best-of reel with a few new tricks, he noseslid a straight ridiculous hubba and his ender was indeed on the megaramp. He skates to Atmosphere by JD.

Brandon Westgate kills everything, his part was far better than his Zoo York one.

Bryan Herman skated benches for around a minute and a half and i thought that was going to be his whole part but he actually had a part after that.

Spankys part was wallrideish. Good tricks at LA High.

Suski had a lot of interesting clips, this part blows his zoo york part away.

Marquise Preston's part was alot better than I thought, mellow song and he kickflip front lips an actual tall rail.

Collin Provost did some cool things, boardslid up to inward bigspin out that rail Leo fell on his face crooking up.

Figgy's part was very very good, alot of variety and the artsy guys cant talk shit because he had the sickest wallie in the video. Legendary smith for his ender.

Jamie Tancowny does alot of good fliptricks.

Braydon's part is pretty rad, some good tranny in there and not too short of a part.

Jerry's entire part is switch. Every single trick.

Leo skates a bunch of never been hit rails and has 5 tricks in a row on a gap to rail i have never seen before that had everybody yelling, Part is seriously fucking insane.

Reynolds is the boss.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2010, 01:17:04 AM »
Three quarters of the songs were painful. When will companies learn that the whole themed songs in every part doesn't work out (Elementality, Extremely Sorry, Nothing But the Truth).

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2010, 01:19:33 AM »
So what was Heath's megaramp trick? Kickflip the gap?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »
The hesh Lakai basically, besides every other comment here I can't believe Reynolds jumped down so many sets at  his age, he is not slowing down at all....even some mini ramp......amazing video....

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:40 AM »
Three quarters of the songs were painful. When will companies learn that the whole themed songs in every part doesn't work out (Elementality, Extremely Sorry, Nothing But the Truth).
Thank you. The skating was obviously really good but not so much a fan of the editing....definitely not feeling the soundtrack. It was mostly jam bands. bleh.

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2010, 01:28:34 AM »
SPOILER POST
video was great.  each dude has one trick in the intro.  the only one i really remember is marquise does a really perfect bigspin heelflip down some double set.  
1) HEATH - had 4 or 5 new tricks that were all amazing.  does an insane line with one of the most beautiful kickflips ever done.  his ender is a back 3 on the mega ramp.  
2) WESTGATE - 5+ minute part of beasting.  probably second best part after reynolds.  his ender was the 3 flip over the rail into death bank.  he ollies like a 15 foot flat gap with a bar at the end to hill bomb in SF = one of the craziest things i've ever seen done on a skateboard.  he smiths that bump to bar thing that reynolds back 5050 a while ago.  his part is fucking crazy.
...can't really remember the order after this...
MARQUISE - part was pretty good, but not amazing.  skated more rails than i would have expected.  has nice bigspins.
TOWNCONY - takes some crazy slams.  i liked this part.  skates some massive rails and has good flip tricks.  his last trick is a varial heal over a rail into a bank.
HSU - intro is all freakouts.  his whole part is almost all switch, i think.  i was pretty drunk.  switch fs tails that bump to rail thing.  switch heels a huge doubleset.  fakie half cab noseslides (the hard way) that gap to ledge thing that everyone skates (the one that gino backtails to fakie and then falls down on in yeah right).  his part was sick even though it was short.
HERMAN - part seemed kind of short to me.  what reynolds said about him not trying was definitely true.  it was good, but i honestly expected more.  first part was all LA schoolyard footage and second half was his regular stuff.  his first trick is a kickflip nosemanual along like the whole hollywood walk of fame thing with all those stars.  the song for the first half was tom waits - top of the hill.  his last trick was a hardflip down that barcelona 5 block.
PROVOST - skates a lot of transition.  i don't know.  part was good, but i'm just not that into dude.
SUSKI - his part was way better than his zoo part.  it was more like his tis part.  skates a lot of different stuff.  his first few tricks are combos involving a rail to ledge.  i hate combo shit, but it was pretty cool.
BRAYDON - he flips out of at least 2/3 of his tricks.  part was better than i expected.  i don't know...can't really remember.  
FIGGY - skates huge rails (shocker!).  his last trick is a fs smith on that massive rail that rowley boardslides in sorry.    
LEO - pretty much exactly what you'd expect.  dude does some amazing stuff, but i'm not the hugest fan.  he crooks up that rail from the ad with him eating shit.  he lands sideways and barely moving on the 5050 up that rail, but the footage is pretty incredible.  it's fucking amazing actually.  
REYNOLDS - gets curtains.  he had best part.  too many hammers to mention.  his last trick is a kickflip down that huge gap corey duffel 180'd.  he got a standing ovation.  people freaked the fuck out.

i guess senn and some other people had after credits shit, but i bounced and didn't see it.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »
Marquise ran onto the stage during herman's part, got kicked out by security, and missed his own part.

Bercy 5 is skated 3 times.

Reynolds has a trick on the gap Decenzo switch 180s.

Herman has been on crutches the last month.

The bathroom line was the worst line ive ever waited in.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2010, 01:50:00 AM »
SPOILER POST
video was great.  each dude has one trick in the intro.  the only one i really remember is marquise does a really perfect bigspin heelflip down some double set.  
1) HEATH - had 4 or 5 new tricks that were all amazing.  does an insane line with one of the most beautiful kickflips ever done.  his ender is a back 3 on the mega ramp.  
2) WESTGATE - 5+ minute part of beasting.  probably second best part after reynolds.  his ender was the 3 flip over the rail into death bank.  he ollies like a 15 foot flat gap with a bar at the end to hill bomb in SF = one of the craziest things i've ever seen done on a skateboard.  he smiths that bump to bar thing that reynolds back 5050 a while ago.  his part is fucking crazy.
...can't really remember the order after this...
MARQUISE - part was pretty good, but not amazing.  skated more rails than i would have expected.  has nice bigspins.
TOWNCONY - takes some crazy slams.  i liked this part.  skates some massive rails and has good flip tricks.  his last trick is a varial heal over a rail into a bank.
HSU - intro is all freakouts.  his whole part is almost all switch, i think.  i was pretty drunk.  switch fs tails that bump to rail thing.  switch heels a huge doubleset.  fakie half cab noseslides (the hard way) that gap to ledge thing that everyone skates (the one that gino backtails to fakie and then falls down on in yeah right).  his part was sick even though it was short.
HERMAN - part seemed kind of short to me.  what reynolds said about him not trying was definitely true.  it was good, but i honestly expected more.  first part was all LA schoolyard footage and second half was his regular stuff.  his first trick is a kickflip nosemanual along like the whole hollywood walk of fame thing with all those stars.  the song for the first half was tom waits - top of the hill.  his last trick was a hardflip down that barcelona 5 block.
PROVOST - skates a lot of transition.  i don't know.  part was good, but i'm just not that into dude.
SUSKI - his part was way better than his zoo part.  it was more like his tis part.  skates a lot of different stuff.  his first few tricks are combos involving a rail to ledge.  i hate combo shit, but it was pretty cool.
BRAYDON - he flips out of at least 2/3 of his tricks.  part was better than i expected.  i don't know...can't really remember.  
FIGGY - skates huge rails (shocker!).  his last trick is a fs smith on that massive rail that rowley boardslides in sorry.    
LEO - pretty much exactly what you'd expect.  dude does some amazing stuff, but i'm not the hugest fan.  he crooks up that rail from the ad with him eating shit.  he lands sideways and barely moving on the 5050 up that rail, but the footage is pretty incredible.  it's fucking amazing actually.  
REYNOLDS - gets curtains.  he had best part.  too many hammers to mention.  his last trick is a kickflip down that huge gap corey duffel 180'd.  he got a standing ovation.  people freaked the fuck out.

i guess senn and some other people had after credits shit, but i bounced and didn't see it.

Herman skating to Waits is pretty fucking G.

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2010, 01:52:51 AM »
it was g as fuck.  i was hyped and was waiting for some dirty hip hop for 2nd half, but unfortunately it turned into some lame generic classic rock  :'(

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
...reynolds...my god

one of the best videos ever.  loved that there was no fucking god damn intro.  many people were on the "land the trick or death" program.  the only parts i'll be skipping when i get my copy are braydon's and spanky's.

one of the homies recorded the whole thing with his phone.  hoping to get that file soon.
life poser