Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280619 times)

bandini

Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #960 on: September 03, 2010, 06:23:50 AM »
After watching those Reynolds extras my jaw was on the floor. That man is stark, raving insane...

Lucky for us.

Brown Thunder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #961 on: September 03, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
reynolds madness is insane..

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #962 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:13 AM »
can someone pm me the reynolds madness please?

alexthelarge

• Rep: 0
« Reply #963 on: September 03, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »
Plz PM me the madness too

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #964 on: September 03, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
yeah if anyone has a link to reynolds madness lemme get it

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #965 on: September 03, 2010, 07:51:58 AM »
Yall niggaz really trying to see an OCD montage? 

skatefideo

• Rep: -10
« Reply #966 on: September 03, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »
pm reynolds please? Thank you.

vulc

• Rep: -49
« Reply #967 on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:14 PM »
can i please get a pm for the reynolds madness  ::) ::) thx

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »
I wish Emerica would re-release the Reynolds 2 shoe, cuz after watching reynolds part, I really wanted to skate in them.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #969 on: September 03, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
can i please get a pm for the reynolds madness   thx

me too please  ;)

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #970 on: September 03, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
I hate to say it, but if you have the Reynold's madness, could you PM me? Thanks in advance.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #971 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »
Come on! Someone PM the Reynolds madness montage..

You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #972 on: September 03, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »
Uploaded Heath.

Should i just post the link or give it to everyone in pm's?

pm if want.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #973 on: September 03, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »
Braydons smith grind kickflip out has to be the cleanest trick in the video. I loved it when Leo pulled a "Peter Smolik" on the picnic table and am I the only one who thinks Herman got the best 360 flip, hardflips and nollie inward heels in the business?

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #974 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
^ Call me bitter all you want, a lot of people are agreeing with me on this one.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yea this video actually is pretty boring. I really only like the table section,preston, and reynolds. Leo is tight, but his part was nothing but rails. I hate to admit that gipper was somewhat right.
[close]
cmon dude you gotta do a full part by part review. this thread is not complete until you do so.
[close]
I'll do one for you:
Brandon Westgate- Amazing! Sets the tone for the video as if it is going to be excited and innovative. As pointed out, his shit on the hills of SF are the best. He does an ollie on the hills that is more impressive than all the frontside flips, hard flips and nollie inward heels in the video combined.
The middle- (Herman, Szafranski, Figgy, Colin Provost etc.) A bunch of �parts that are basically the same tricks you have seen these guys do, but on different spots. Be prepared for TONS of LA stairs and rails that you have seen skated before, and tricks you have seen people do down rails and gaps before. Personally, I figured out those gaps could be cleared a while ago, and also realized all of those tricks could be done down gaps. I remember at one point Jamie Tawcony eats shit hard frontside boardsliding a handrail, I remember thinking "he hurt himself for nothing, yeah its risky, but even if he succeeded it would just be a front board down a rail.
Spanky tries to be creative, but he doesn't really do anything new, just stuff that isn't done as often, but still skates some pretty over-skated spots, and it comes together as something as contrived as a hipster's hasselbad photos. Bonelesses on banks should be banned from video parts. The only way I could sit through these parts was out of the hope that one of them would surprise me,and people like Jerry Hsu or Reynolds' part could come up at any moment. I will never watch this part of the video again.

Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.

Leo- Be prepared to be underwhelmed! All of those amazing photos you saw of him look way better as photos. When they are live action, you realize it isn't as crazy as you thought. His gimmick is grinding up shit, but guess what? When your gimmick doesn't take much talent, be prepared for your gimmick to be stolen. I think at least 3 parts before his have people grinding up rails, so by the time you get to him, its old news. He goes big, but again, its really just kind of jockish one-up type shit, and none of it is really game changing.

Reynolds- Goes around skating every big gap in CA- hollywood 16, Wallenberg, and plenty more. Overall, the part isn't that exciting, but I really like Reynolds style, he is the epitome of grace under pressure, and his ender is pretty rad if you don't know what it is.

Templeton, Senn- These dudes have the most flavor on the team and have no footage?! Are you kidding me?! Put even second rate footage in there of these guys to break up the monotony of the stair/gap jock bullshit and the whole video would have been 100 times better

Seriously, don't waste your money on this piece of shit video.
[close]

just out of curiousity. what kind of videos do you like? in another thread you critizised blueprint videos (which are some sort of one end the spectrum) and here you critizise the other end... now I get something to hear about my black and white world view and that there are many more different styles of skating
[close]
I can understand that. I feel like I should like blueprint videos, and I like pretty much the whole team independently, but something about the editting and the spots people skate in London in general bores me. I do like videos like the Emerica one, its just that this video was pretty dull.
My taste goes all over the place in terms of what I like, I think overall I am just a video snob who has seen too many videos and is desensitized to a lot of skating. I'll admit my standards are high and often odd though.
Expand Quote
Gipper's video collection consists of Cheese&Crackers and that rodney mullen issue of On video magazine.
[close]
You don't skate. Your opinion on skating doesn't count. If you own more videos than I do, that is pathetic. Sell some and go buy a board.
Also, the Natas and LOVE on videos are the ones I actually watch. Natas is the shit.

is gipper still being an aging bitch?
steelarmbruiser

Of course

what a faggot
steelarmbruiser

the kind of faggot that likes dick in or around his mouth
steelarmbruiser

I just saw the Reynolds madness section. It is unbelievable that he does those tricks more than once, sometimes up to around ten times. I'd have to change my vote to Reynolds for SOTY. The guy is amazing.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #975 on: September 03, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »
Insane, Thank you.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #976 on: September 03, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »
holy shit balls reynolds is a nut - so ridiculously sick..  oh ill just back 360 a huge set of stairs 50 times..  watching that you really understand how easy this stuff comes for him..  love this shit

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #977 on: September 03, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
Is the madness shit the same thing that was on the VBS site with O'Dell? or is it new stuff?

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #978 on: September 03, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
scroll up dummy.. and rip those mugs before they get taken down if you want to watch them.. 

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #979 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Braydons smith grind kickflip out has to be the cleanest trick in the video. I loved it when Leo pulled a "Peter Smolik" on the picnic table and am I the only one who thinks Herman got the best 360 flip, hardflips and nollie inward heels in the business?

[close]

Well, everyone knows about the hardflip and the nollie inward heel..

About Reynolds madness shit, I'm really glad he did the bs flip down Wallenberg flawless, so he didn't had to jump down that shit 10 more times.
Insane!
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
he could jump down that damn thing all day obviously haha..  im kindof awestruck now after watching that madness stuff..  makes everything he did in that part about 100 times more gnarly..  who does tricks this gnarly over and over and over just to get that perfect one? nobody, just andrew. his level of progression is beyond all

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
sorry people but took the videos down so they don't get removed from the nice chap who gave them out.

anyone who wants them i'll be more than glad to give them links as it is worth seeing!

codithou

« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »
Well there goes my links. sorry guys.

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
I'd love a PM for the madness
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

HRPoodersmith

• Rep: 63
« Reply #984 on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »
WHERE IS THIS HEATH PART OH GOD

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #985 on: September 03, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #986 on: September 03, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
i really wanna see this reynolds OCD stuff, seriously, it sounds real interesting.

can anyone send me a link please?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

chunkysalsa

• Rep: -9
« Reply #987 on: September 03, 2010, 06:49:53 PM »
Can someone PM me the link for the madness?

codithou

« Reply #988 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
To everyone who pm'd me asking for the madness and heath part.

They have been deleted. My apologies.

Weegee

« Reply #989 on: September 03, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
I'll do one for you:
Brandon Westgate- Amazing! Sets the tone for the video as if it is going to be excited and innovative. As pointed out, his shit on the hills of SF are the best. He does an ollie on the hills that is more impressive than all the frontside flips, hard flips and nollie inward heels in the video combined.
The middle- (Herman, Szafranski, Figgy, Colin Provost etc.) A bunch of  parts that are basically the same tricks you have seen these guys do, but on different spots. Be prepared for TONS of LA stairs and rails that you have seen skated before, and tricks you have seen people do down rails and gaps before. Personally, I figured out those gaps could be cleared a while ago, and also realized all of those tricks could be done down gaps. I remember at one point Jamie Tawcony eats shit hard frontside boardsliding a handrail, I remember thinking "he hurt himself for nothing, yeah its risky, but even if he succeeded it would just be a front board down a rail.
Spanky tries to be creative, but he doesn't really do anything new, just stuff that isn't done as often, but still skates some pretty over-skated spots, and it comes together as something as contrived as a hipster's hasselbad photos. Bonelesses on banks should be banned from video parts. The only way I could sit through these parts was out of the hope that one of them would surprise me,and people like Jerry Hsu or Reynolds' part could come up at any moment. I will never watch this part of the video again.

Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.

Leo- Be prepared to be underwhelmed! All of those amazing photos you saw of him look way better as photos. When they are live action, you realize it isn't as crazy as you thought. His gimmick is grinding up shit, but guess what? When your gimmick doesn't take much talent, be prepared for your gimmick to be stolen. I think at least 3 parts before his have people grinding up rails, so by the time you get to him, its old news. He goes big, but again, its really just kind of jockish one-up type shit, and none of it is really game changing.

Reynolds- Goes around skating every big gap in CA- hollywood 16, Wallenberg, and plenty more. Overall, the part isn't that exciting, but I really like Reynolds style, he is the epitome of grace under pressure, and his ender is pretty rad if you don't know what it is.

Templeton, Senn- These dudes have the most flavor on the team and have no footage?! Are you kidding me?! Put even second rate footage in there of these guys to break up the monotony of the stair/gap jock bullshit and the whole video would have been 100 times better

Seriously, don't waste your money on this piece of shit video.

Edit - After seeing all these stupid ass post that you put up on here, do you even skate? I highly doubt you do. You're probably one of those stupid fucks who know skating tricks, but once they hop on a board they barely can ride down the street. You were saying if Jamie even landed that front board, he still did a front board? Yeah I take it you haven't even stood on a board huh? So what, you're saying is if someone does a front board and another person does it, they're pretty much banned from doing it? Every one has different style doing stuff you dumb ass. If you were twice as smart you'd still be fucking stupid. You act like you're the God of skating, you might as well say "Look at me, if it weren't for my ass Mark Gonzales wouldn't be where he is, Ed Templeton wouldn't of had started Toy Machine, and Guy Mariano would still be in retirement!!!!111!!!" I've seen alot of stupid ass post on here but you take the gold medal. You're propably one of those people who the kids avoid going to on Halloween. How did you get on the computer and start posting? Did someone leave you're cage open.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:15:14 PM by Weegee »