Author Topic: Trick Tip Topic  (Read 22387 times)

biggums mcgee

Re: Trick Tip Topic
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2006, 06:00:44 AM »
Like turning them back forward?
I focus on keeping my feet flat and as soon as I pop I turn my legs to the halfway point so that I have enough time to push them back.

What about wallrides on walls that don't have a bank going up to them? I tried them today and couldn't come off.

I've had alot of problems with them wallrides too, i can get into em now but i lose all momentum and land primo.

syn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2006, 05:47:44 AM »
I have a different problem with front tails.  I can get on them and slide easily, but its only for a few inches.  I go to fakie so quick.  Anyone have any tips on how to slide them longer?

I was doing that for a long time, till one of my friends that can do them good was like "put all your weight on the tail". Its really strange sometimes how the most obvious piece of advice works
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
for switch heels just remember to curl your toes with your flick foot... especially when you go really fast, this helps the flick catch just right

Epo

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2006, 09:24:45 AM »
for switch heels just remember to curl your toes with your flick foot... especially when you go really fast, this helps the flick catch just right

thanks, that actually really helps

overdoso

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2006, 03:11:45 AM »
I have a different problem with front tails.  I can get on them and slide easily, but its only for a few inches.  I go to fakie so quick.  Anyone have any tips on how to slide them longer?
i had the exact same problem but i figured it out the other day. when i roll up i already lean on my back foot. right when you pop your body is already sort of over the ledge, leaning on the back foot. its weird to explain but it makes me feel like im going into a front lipslide, like i'm too far over the ledge. but then when i pop the tailslide im above it and sliding properly. feels so good..no i can finally decide whether i want to go to fakie or not. before it was just like whatever.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »
pivots during nosemanuals.
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

jordanm

• Rep: 0
  • dil dil and epo will slay you
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 04:22:41 PM »
epo is a genious his IQ is 156 everyone hes my buddy

and i cant figure out nollie flips i pop them and flcik good but only kinda lnad on them with my toes

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 04:27:52 PM »
keep your body parallel to the board and skate really fast. you'll land on it, cause if you don't, you'll eat shit.
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

2G

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 03:09:01 AM »
you'll land on it, cause if you don't, you'll eat shit

probably the best advice ever.

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2006, 03:43:19 PM »
balanced backside nosegrinds please

i kinda go for a crook with my front foot near the bolts, but i can't figure out how to turn my upper body to keep the truck locked in

actually nose manuals too while were at it

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »
balanced backside nosegrinds please

i kinda go for a crook with my front foot near the bolts, but i can't figure out how to turn my upper body to keep the truck locked in

actually nose manuals too while were at it

well for nose mannys have your foot kinda high up. when you get into it make sure you back foot is not on your tail or you will bring it down. and make sure you get in it straight cuz you will keep puttin them down if not so have your foot flat on the nose. leaning forward is the most important part of the trick so make sure you do that. and for back nose grind just snap above the ledge and hold it.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »
my backside nosegrinds are always sort of crooked at first. i have to work on that.

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO HELP ME WITH BACK TAILS. like step by step action.. i have front tails down as fuck now though, so i'm happy with that

biggums mcgee

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2006, 09:01:05 PM »
haa someone should help me step-by-step with wallrides..

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • AUSTIN 3:16
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2006, 08:21:53 AM »
tre flips. i can do fakie tres every try no problem but regular tres i have problems with. i always seem to land on the nose and fall back. any tips?

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »
scoop more. don't even worry about your front foot. you might want to actually hang your back foot off a little and just power it. also don't lean forward.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2006, 10:46:22 AM »
thanks mang ill try that when i get home from work

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
not that i can do them but i've gotten lots of tips on them...it's all in your back foot....

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2006, 12:53:24 AM »
just look at wennings back foot in your sig johnc

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2006, 06:35:59 AM »
yea if only i had that much style on anything

Lomaz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

Don't hit the wall straight on and try to go straight up and down.  Hit it at an angle and travel sideways a little.  When you do it face your back to the wall.  When you hit your peak and start to come down, ride all on your back wheels.  It's too hard to try and ride all 4 wheels.  Scrap you tail on the wall if you have too when coming down. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:22:11 PM by Lomaz »

overdoso

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »
i just picture going into it , lean back as much as i can and just jam it onto the wall
don't be a pussy with this you have to go fully into it or don't do it at all

mikefork

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »
i cant figure out nollie flips i pop them and flcik good but only kinda lnad on them with my toes
staying centered is the most important parti would always do the same untill someone told be to stay balanceed over the middle

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 10:36:40 PM »
nobody helped with back tails D:

mikefork

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2006, 10:40:24 PM »
nobody helped with back tails D:
cant do them either unless its in tranny so i need help with this one too and front wallrides

Lomaz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »
Frick tranny seems way harder for me to do them. 
Anyway go parallel to the ledge or object.
Ollie up and then push you ollie forward a little.
Make sure your tail is over the ledge before you turn your board 90 degrees.
When you slide keep you shoulders parallel to the ledge.  This is key. If your shoulders turn too much you'll come off fakie.
Hope that helps.

easternboarder

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »
nollie heelflips; I keep on mob flipping them, but then when i try to give a level flip and commit to landing, the board doesn't flip.

2G

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2006, 01:32:38 AM »
nollie heelflips; I keep on mob flipping them, but then when i try to give a level flip and commit to landing, the board doesn't flip.

when i learnt nollie heels i always tried flipping the board straight away, which lead to them always being mobbed or not flipping properly. i then got told to pop the nollie and flip off for the heelflip as the nollie begins to reach its peak (as well as staying straight over the board). hopefully that can help a bit.

someone help with nollie bs noseslide, i can never get them.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

won't that make it look like one of those awful late flips? i'd say flick right away harder

when i learnt nollie heels i always tried flipping the board straight away, which lead to them always being mobbed or not flipping properly. i then got told to pop the nollie and flip off for the heelflip as the nollie begins to reach its peak (as well as staying straight over the board). hopefully that can help a bit.

mikefork

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

once you have nolie half-cabs go at the ledge at a slight angle pop and twist a little and lean slightly back or you will stick

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »
for nollie/sw heels-
 your pop foot should be straight (i see a lot of people point thier feet, but this leaves you with less pop and more mob possibility i think) with your pressure on the tip of your foot on the heel side. keeping it straight across the board (also, try not to curve this foot either) curl your flick foot's toes over the edge of the board and as soon as you hear the snap of the nose flick that foot straight at the nose. your ankle should roll right up to the tip and flick it out. the rest is just getting the catch/land part down which shoudlnt be too bad.. as far as how close to put your feet, the trick is to put it low enough to get good pop, but high enough so you can go fast and level it out. i find it to be the best like an inch behind the bolts, but you'll see when you try it where you feel comfortable. i really hope this helps for these, cos they are the two best tricks ever once you get em working, so get ready to have a blast once this lil learning period is over. 

not so great at these, but for nollie noseslides always remember to keep your shoulders straight! such a little aspect but it helps solve the problem of locking in and just stopping (my problem forever, i used to feel stupid even trying them).. you keep em straight and you'll have to worry about sliding too much if anything, which is always better. it took me forever to figure out nollie crooks (i feel like im the only one who had a really rough time with this!) and in the process figured that little tip out about the noseslides. i hope that helps you out a little

this all prolly makes no sense, i think its pretty hard to type how to do a trick and have it come out coherant haha.. but hey hopefully it helps.