Author Topic: kickflips  (Read 3266 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: kickflips
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 06:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote
i need help with kickflips too
i can do them in the grass
but i cant even come as close on concrete
help me
its starting to piss me off
[close]

master the ollie first, then the kickflip will come.  and when i say master it, i'm talking about popping them high, going really fast, without having thinking about it.  when your ollie becomes second nature like breathing then move onto kickflips. 

if your skills are beyond this point, the only tip anyone could give you is to make sure you're kicking out on the flick, like a kung fu kick to someones face and not down like you're stomping out a roach.  theres a reason why its called the kickflip and not a stompflip. 

thank you for posting this reply....  the fact is that the basis of a good kickflip is a solid ollie, so dont even try kickflips without getting your ollies locked down....  if not your going to end up doing mob flips forever....

not only that, you cant take a mob flip anywhere... the flip will be so shitty that you cant flip into tricks (slides or grinds) or take it down gaps (stairs and stuff)....  invest the time and learn to ollie properly and even more time to learn to kickflip properly.....

like willy santos once said, "flick of the toe makes it happen".....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m