Author Topic: Tricks you hate seeing  (Read 48056 times)

BobDigi864

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Tricks you hate seeing
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Those front-flip/dolphin flip things. Except when Cody McEntire did it into a blunt-fakie, that was sick.

Also, people who do hard tricks with no speed or pop, bad roatation, stopping when you land, all that stuff. It's all fine while learning, until you post it on YouTube and start telling everyone how much better than them you are, like this bratty little grom.

hahahaha! Count it!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2011, 02:07:05 AM »
when people cross their arms before a trick, i see it on hardflips all the time and it just looks dumb as fuck

Siem van Woerkom

• Rep: -8
    • Mpora avatar image
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:14 AM »
Pressure flips....
Siem Van Woerkom - Mpora Skateboard    Expert

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2011, 02:47:43 AM »
have i said nollie big spins?

if i have, let me just drive the point home further

it looks like fucking shit

:'( one of my favourite tricks

VictoriousOG

« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
Double flips, fs 3 shoves, and flip tricks out of 5050s.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Those front-flip/dolphin flip things. Except when Cody McEntire did it into a blunt-fakie, that was sick.

Also, people who do hard tricks with no speed or pop, bad roatation, stopping when you land, all that stuff. It's all fine while learning, until you post it on YouTube and start telling everyone how much better than them you are, like this bratty little grom.

[close]

hahahaha! Count it!
I don't understand these kids' obsession with posting footage of themselves on youtube. Do they really think they're good enough to warrant putting that shit out for everyone to see? I mean, I understand being hyped on a new trick, but no-one wants to see you roll around slow as shit in your garage next to your parents' bmw, landing tricks super sketchy.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

hahahaha! Count it!
[close]
I don't understand these kids' obsession with posting footage of themselves on youtube. Do they really think they're good enough to warrant putting that shit out for everyone to see? I mean, I understand being hyped on a new trick, but no-one wants to see you roll around slow as shit in your garage next to your parents' bmw, landing tricks super sketchy.

I blame shit like YouTube telling them that anyone can get big off of sharing what they do with the world and that they're actually important.

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »
mikey haywood's last trick

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

hahahaha! Count it!
[close]
[close]

I blame shit like YouTube telling them that anyone can get big off of sharing what they do with the world and that they're actually important.

Disclaimer: Sorry for the long stupid rant; came home from a skatepark a while ago, it's late, and pain mess are in full effect.

Anyway...I understand being stoked on skating and in the digital age it's easy to record everything you do. Shoot, when I was in my early teens being able to use a VHS camcorder was rare, then we recorded on 8mm, and anyone my age probably remembers how expensive it was to do still photos. Decent 35mm cameras were expensive, so was film, and on a roll of 24 pics you might get a couple decent ones but you wouldn't know until it got developed, which was another cost. Nowadays it's so simple and cheap to put together footage, so people seem to just film whatever, edit with freeware, and publicize it. Anyone who has ever put together a part using 2 vcr's and their camcorder understands. If I had it as easy as these kids do now, I would probably post a bunch of crap too. The biggest difference is that there seems to be so much attitude and competition.  At 33 I'm considered an old man as far as skating goes, but sometimes it makes me sad. The skater vs jock war is over, nobody won, they essentially became the same thing when skating got popular again. Unfortunately the jock mentality has invaded the skate world. Not with all kids, but we've all seen in. I just hate this "I'm better than you" bullshit, and part of that is showing off by posting videos and eating up the comments from other groms tooting their horn. Blah, I'm a bitter old man I guess, but even though I love skating, with the younger guys the subculture and brotherhood within the scene doesn't seem like what it used to be. It sucks because they're missing out. 10-15 years ago the majority of feedback to any home made skate video would be mostly positive because in a sense all skating is cool to watch. Instead you see too much "his style sucks" or "he's not that good" or worse, "so and so already did that." I hate that shit but absolutely love core skating. Hopefully it'll regain the aura or rad sense of elite being that used to come with being a skateboarder, but for that the posters would have to move on to the next trendy thing. To stay on topic with this thread, the only tricks that I dig seeing any skating where the person is having a good time, not overtly trying to be cool, and generally shredding w/o giving shit. Even if it's carving or doing a boneless to tail stall on a curb. Skating is just rad to me at all levels. Sometimes the crazy flippity shot gets ridiculous, I'd rather see a smooth 5-0 in a bowl, a nice old fashioned kickflip, or a stylish tailslide instead of a kickflip-lipslide-5.0-bigspin out. The simple pleasures of skating are the best. 

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2011, 10:59:44 PM »
i agree, but i would hate seeing a boneless to tail stall on a curb
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
i agree, but i would hate seeing a boneless to tail stall on a curb
ginger steve has a mean one
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »
Switch Crooked Grinds just cause they have a tendency to look like shit, cheater hardlips where the board does the rotation to the side be a man an risk the nutcheck, any Lipslide not down a handrail, i have to agree with above poster nollie bigspins on average look like shit frontside people have em ok backside though...

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
Switch Crooked Grinds just cause they have a tendency to look like shit, cheater hardlips where the board does the rotation to the side be a man an risk the nutcheck, any Lipslide not down a handrail, i have to agree with above poster nollie bigspins on average look like shit frontside people have em ok backside though...
geddafukouddaheer.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
geddafukouddaheer.
There glorified powerslides at that point and everyone does em...id rather see a noseblunt or something even the common boardslide is more refreshing at this point

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
geddafukouddaheer.
[close]
There glorified powerslides at that point and everyone does em...id rather see a noseblunt or something even the common boardslide is more refreshing at this point

powerslides are cool. and hardflips through the legs oftentimes don't even flip making it nothing more than a glorified front shove.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
geddafukouddaheer.
[close]
[close]

powerslides are cool. and hardflips through the legs oftentimes don't even flip making it nothing more than a glorified front shove.

who cares.

BuddyPal

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »
fs 180 crook

wheremykillahtapeat?

• Rep: -1
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
I hate any kind of late flip and most late shove variations (late fs shove can look cool and late backside variations by pfanner are ok).
Not a huge fan of nollie tre, because most people do terrible renditions of it
Fs tail kickflip out, would be cool but I see one in basically every single video part so I'm over it
Tucknees, "imposter" 3 shuv/impossible things, and lizard king ollie-firecrackers unless it's actually dangerous.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »
I hate any kind of late flip and most late shove variations (late fs shove can look cool and late backside variations by pfanner are ok).
Not a huge fan of nollie tre, because most people do terrible renditions of it
Fs tail kickflip out, would be cool but I see one in basically every single video part so I'm over it
Tucknees, "imposter" 3 shuv/impossible things, and lizard king ollie-firecrackers unless it's actually dangerous.
wait you mean ollie distater/ deck check thing like at wallenburg? or like the ragdoll ollie a fucking triple set and firecracker the last few stairs? cuz that ragdoll shit is almost always really dangerous

im probably lying

i'm nocturnal.

• Rep: -22
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
fakie heel dog!

A.J.K.

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »
Expand Quote
fakie heel dog!
[close]

reynolds did one in a line in that spitfire clip. it was sick. jerry fakie heeled macba. that also looked good.
Jake Johnson in Mindfield

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
goddamn some of you kids are ridiculous. "i hate any lipslide on anything other than a handrail!" first of all i take it you haven't been skating very long, second do you really "hate" them? like if you saw someone lipslide a hubba or something it would make you pissed off? i dont really hate any skate trick but im fuckin tired of how important tre flips are to the younger crowd. yeah they look cool and everything but i see kids who cant skate a mini ramp for shit but do super narrow stance tre flips on flat all day. is it really that fun or you just trying to get some little status by getting thm down?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:09:04 PM by managuense »

i'm nocturnal.

• Rep: -22
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
LOLZ

goddamn some of you kids are ridiculous. "i hate any lipslide on anything other than a handrail!" first of all i take it you haven't been skating very long, second do you really "hate" them? like if you saw someone lipslide a hubba or something it would make you pissed off? i dont really hate any skate trick but im fuckin tired of how important tre flips are to the younger crowd. yeah they look cool and everything but i see kids who cant skate a mini ramp for shit but do super narrow stance tre flips on flat all day. is it really that fun or you just trying to get some little status by getting thm down?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
fs 180 crook
That's one of my favorite tricks to see. I actually think they look really good. Ishod Wair has a good one.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »
Tricks on ledges/rails coming straight on.. unless its a backside nosegrind
Backside nosegrinds that are mixed between a crook
Extremely flat hardflips

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
Lipslides on ledges

Flip tricks out of backside lipslides on ledges

Flip tricks out of smith and feeble grinds.

Yo flips

Herman Hardflips

cheater bluntslides

OhShitBroThatsHellaToasty

• Rep: -4
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2012, 12:20:18 AM »
Grant Taylor's front airs , I mean , grab the board bro!

apad88

« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2012, 12:41:40 AM »
Grant Taylor's front airs , I mean , grab the board bro!
wtf seriously?  him not grabbing his board is what makes it gnarly.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2012, 06:06:31 AM »
People dpong tricks into steep banks, from the side like it?s x trick to wallride. Especially if its a bigspin or switch fs bigspin. To lazy to dig up a link but that finnish dude in Make friends with color blue does it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:08:16 AM by Box of Frogs »

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Joey.paone

• Rep: -9
« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »
for some reason i dont like back tail to fakie and i dont like front tail to regular, i know its stupid but, some people can pull it off