Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 181726 times)

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 19, 2021, 01:34:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@TheBoognish

Romulan is so fire, man. When the good weed started getting a bit more accessible on the US east coast in the early 00s, romulan was one of the strains people had. Romulan, C-99, Haze, Jack Herer variations, and NL were the jam.
[close]

Aw man there’s nothing like it, I’m stoked my friend is dead-set on bringing it back.

Man those strains bring me back, we had a ton of Purple Kush, Silver/Super Silver/Lemon/ Haze and Skunk variations. I miss the old-school Skunk that would stink up your entire house, the kind you’d be paranoid to drive with even if it was in the trunk of your car.

I wish more old-school strains would make a comeback. Damn I sound like a jaded old man.
[close]

hah ha ha Silver and Lemon Haze ha ha ha oh man. classics

Nothing on Earth (except mushrooms) gave me the giggles like Silver Haze.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1051 on: October 20, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@TheBoognish

Romulan is so fire, man. When the good weed started getting a bit more accessible on the US east coast in the early 00s, romulan was one of the strains people had. Romulan, C-99, Haze, Jack Herer variations, and NL were the jam.
[close]

Aw man there’s nothing like it, I’m stoked my friend is dead-set on bringing it back.

Man those strains bring me back, we had a ton of Purple Kush, Silver/Super Silver/Lemon/ Haze and Skunk variations. I miss the old-school Skunk that would stink up your entire house, the kind you’d be paranoid to drive with even if it was in the trunk of your car.

I wish more old-school strains would make a comeback. Damn I sound like a jaded old man.
[close]

hah ha ha Silver and Lemon Haze ha ha ha oh man. classics
[close]

Nothing on Earth (except mushrooms) gave me the giggles like Silver Haze.

silver and lemon haze would be kind of the standard "good" weed over here for a while, before that it was skunk or northern lights. then around 5 years ago a ton of stuff was sold as amnesia. basically amnesia went from being the blow your brains out stuff to standard stuff. then three years ago there was a kush wave. now it seems we're back to hazes again for the most part. i haven't had skunk in years, kind of miss it as well.

i really hope our new government legalizes growing your own really quick so i can just setup my own grow easily and without paranoia.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1105
« Reply #1052 on: October 20, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
Expand Quote

@TheBoognish

[close]

Fascinating knowledge drop from Kevin Jodrey regarding the Skunk strain y'all should check out:

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1053 on: October 20, 2021, 05:14:32 PM »
that's a dope vid, thanks for posting.

some cool stuff in there, like skunk giving off aphid death smell. that terp list sounded pretty insane? i'd like to know how coffee and weed compare in aroma compounds. i think they are very similar in terms of the broad range of different products and taste experiences you can get.

it makes sense that skunk died out due to busts. i miss these heavy smelling strains. let's hope it makes a comback in a more hassle free environment.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #1054 on: October 25, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »
I miss smoking Jack Herer, Purple Hindu Kush and Sour Diesel. Blue Dream too,can't go wrong with the classics. Where I live now cannabis is highly illegal and frowned upon. I'm hoping I will find some decent seeds to grow indoors secretly and cold press my own medication. 8)

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1055 on: October 25, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »
I wish I could try all of the strains you guys are talking about... maybe some day when it becomes legal here

Right now the dealers here give a wacky name like GTA or some shit to the weed they're selling so you don't know what you're smoking and sometimes neither do they

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1056 on: October 25, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
i mostly just hit those pens now. found a guy who can do 1g ones that i like for like $30. disposables. i feel like shit for throwing those all away i really wish they would create some recylcing program for these things. i honestly dont even feel high off buds anymore really i dont see much point in buying it really wish i could just quit all together

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1057 on: October 25, 2021, 11:30:04 AM »
I wish I could try all of the strains you guys are talking about... maybe some day when it becomes legal

Truth is, even if it’s legal here (Canada), the legal stuff is just terrible. So much, in fact, I’ve gone back to the black market (aka the Legacy Market) growers I know out West. Their stuff is leaps and bounds better than the legal stuff, usually cheaper and the guys are cool as shit.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #1058 on: October 25, 2021, 12:39:13 PM »
i mostly just hit those pens now. found a guy who can do 1g ones that i like for like $30. disposables. i feel like shit for throwing those all away i really wish they would create some recylcing program for these things. i honestly dont even feel high off buds anymore really i dont see much point in buying it really wish i could just quit all together

I bet Gorilla Glue 4 would get you as high as Snoop Dogg

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #1059 on: October 25, 2021, 12:52:44 PM »
I feel like such a spoiled child living here in CA. You just pop into the dispensary and get whatever you want and there's so much available. I might get some actual bud soon. Been a while since I've had some purple weed and I've got some good memories from last time

Jewel Runner

« Reply #1060 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
I wish I could try all of the strains you guys are talking about... maybe some day when it becomes legal
[close]

Truth is, even if it’s legal here (Canada), the legal stuff is just terrible. So much, in fact, I’ve gone back to the black market (aka the Legacy Market) growers I know out West. Their stuff is leaps and bounds better than the legal stuff, usually cheaper and the guys are cool as shit.

Yeah I heard about it. How is it even possible? I hope it's not the same here if we ever get to legalize it... in my mind the government will put a lot of effort into growing quality weed in order to get the taxpayer's money. We already export weed to several countries so I think we have some experience

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1061 on: October 26, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »
What do you guys do with your kief? I replaced my grinder because more than half of the teeth broke off, but I don't know if I just want to scrape all the kief into the new grinder, or start using it. I've smoked straight bowls of kief when I was younger and I always felt like it burned up too quick to even justify doing it that way. Any other methods that will actually get the most out of it?

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #1062 on: October 27, 2021, 02:53:16 AM »
What do you guys do with your kief? I replaced my grinder because more than half of the teeth broke off, but I don't know if I just want to scrape all the kief into the new grinder, or start using it. I've smoked straight bowls of kief when I was younger and I always felt like it burned up too quick to even justify doing it that way. Any other methods that will actually get the most out of it?

Mmm
Use hemp wick to light it up but have the flame as far away as possible from your bowl? Not sure if I'm helping you here.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1063 on: October 27, 2021, 03:05:43 AM »
Just smoke it, like if you got a bong you could maybe take a tiny bit of cigarette and make a plug down bottom where the hole is and pack the dustys on top?

Try to rip it slow as, like you wanna hear every bubble on that bong
listen to cosmic psychos

Jewel Runner

« Reply #1064 on: October 27, 2021, 03:10:29 AM »

I usually pour them into my joints

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1065 on: October 27, 2021, 03:34:21 AM »
Fucking sick to come home late and the bros chucked some weed in the letterbox

What a good cunt

listen to cosmic psychos

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1066 on: October 27, 2021, 04:43:06 AM »

bubble hash if you wanna be a real dirt

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1067 on: November 02, 2021, 09:26:07 PM »
This just happened no bullshit was smoking outside the station this bloke asks me for one I was gonna tell him nah but we got to talking and he had this bag of medical in his hand so I got a bud off him for four smokes and I gave him a new bic lighter to be friendly

Looks like fire weed
I’m fully just sitting on this train with this little bud in my hand, it’s stinking out the train pretty good

how to post pictures

I was trying to get a good photo in my seat but I was just being a massive suss cunt so I went into the pisser on the train and took a flash photo

Trades with randoms are sick!
listen to cosmic psychos

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1068 on: November 03, 2021, 06:06:46 AM »
is that how that package cigarettes where you live?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1069 on: November 03, 2021, 06:26:54 AM »
Outside the US it’s pretty gnarly. The photo will be of someone with a voice box or a lung with emphysema. 

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: November 03, 2021, 06:29:10 AM »
Same in Canada.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1071 on: November 03, 2021, 06:33:07 AM »
This just happened no bullshit was smoking outside the station this bloke asks me for one I was gonna tell him nah but we got to talking and he had this bag of medical in his hand so I got a bud off him for four smokes and I gave him a new bic lighter to be friendly

Looks like fire weed
I’m fully just sitting on this train with this little bud in my hand, it’s stinking out the train pretty good

how to post pictures

I was trying to get a good photo in my seat but I was just being a massive suss cunt so I went into the pisser on the train and took a flash photo

Trades with randoms are sick!
I'll never forget filling up at a gas station in Hawaii and finding a random bud like that at the pump. It was a good day and great bud.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: November 03, 2021, 06:40:55 AM »
Yeah bro actual call em Bryans cause of that bloke lmao

It’s a random one tho he looks like a mummy or some shit

There’s another dope one of a foot like a gangrenous one with full talon nails

I just had a look and I only got Bryans and this shitter one of a hole in a neck but it’s not even that gross

I fully just always ask for the cheapest 20 pack of golds or blues depending on how feeling and they’re always like 29 bucks cheapest for the taxed ones
It’s fucked as

Can 100% get these packs around home for 15 off these dodgy shops, you can get malboros and dunhills heaps of people do that but I’m not around home ways

Keen to quit and I guess you can justify anything to yourself but deadset there’s no champix in the world right now they fucked something up at their plant

Quit on champix a few years ago it’s legit as, just you feel sick in mornings but you get hectic dreams off it

That’s sick @layzieyez
Yeah you’d be cheering just finding it at the servo like that haha
listen to cosmic psychos

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1073 on: November 03, 2021, 08:54:46 AM »
Wow. I don't smoke cigarettes and I've never considered what it's like in other places. Sounds gnarly. $29 for a pack! And they look like that too, wow.

School is getting to me because now I want to see the data saying it reduces smoking, or whatever other goal its trying to achieve. My professor for my consumer buying behavior class actually worked for the tobacco industry for a while. I may chat with her about this.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
« Reply #1074 on: November 03, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »
$29 cigs isn't as crazy when the minimum wage is $15 (or whatever it is in aussie now). Still stupid, but context is always important.

I got my med card a while back and started smoking again. Interesting how much has changed just in the last 15 years in terms of genetics... Everything nowadays is so potent and tastes like cereal and all that, but ive found that I really prefer older and less muddled strains. Northern lights, pre-98 bubba, some of the early blueberry crosses etc etc.

I mostly go for high terpinoline sativas (golden goat, durban poison, MTF, jack herer, lime skunk) in the morning as they tend to give me energy without anxiety. Great for skating.

Then usually after work or around midday on my days off I switch to a strong pain killing indica or indica dom hybrid like gg4, motor breath 15, or OG18.

Night time if i cant sleep - or i just want to lay in bed and watch the football game or old wrestling - I tend to use afghani, northern lights, or I've had luck with some of the really heavy duty OG and bubba cuts.

I'd say probably 65% of my use is vape cart or wax pen just for convenience (no smell, can carry with me anywhere), then 25% flower, and the last 10% would be traditional torch and banger dabs. I don't really fuck with edibles, i occasionally take some RSO for sleep if my lungs are sore but ive had a tube of it for months and have more than half left.

Current stash (not embedding pics to save bandwidth for mobile users) :

Larry OG (29% THCA) - Happy piney hybrid. Long lasting for flower
https://i.postimg.cc/501NHbg1/IMG-20211103-144554.jpg

Bananium (33% THCA) - strong, stoney indica
https://i.postimg.cc/T1K814zf/IMG-20210908-131955.jpg

African Thai #15 (29% THCA) - really interesting sativa, tastes kinda like sour d but effects are way more relaxed and happy while still being energetic and able to focus
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2PKZtF9/IMG-20211013-164328.jpg

Hell's OG (29% THCA) - strong indica, total couch lock
https://i.postimg.cc/0QWR8sHV/IMG-20211021-164231.jpg

Blue Agave (26% THCA) - my fav anytime strain, incredibly versatile hybrid that's super relaxing, kills pain but has some terpinoline kick to keep energy and motivation levels up...great social bud, I'm planning to get some rosin made of it soon
https://i.postimg.cc/tRnZLCcv/IMG-20211022-172140.jpg

Durban (aka durban poison, 25% THCA) - one of the terpinoline heaviest strains I've found along with golden goat, this is my shit. Wish you could smell a picture. Roll a spliff of it (or a joint followed by a camel like me) and pour yourself a cup of good coffee and theres no better way to start the day.
https://i.postimg.cc/LsSMDv13/IMG-20211103-143311.jpg

Lucinda Williams x Girl scout cookies - delicious hybrid, tastes like a sweeter GSC with a more focused and cerebral high
https://i.postimg.cc/mrSW5M3f/IMG-20211103-144827.jpg

Not gonna bother posting pics of dabs and carts but this is the lineup -

Dabs - Blueberry space cake (indica) budder, pyromancy (indica - fire OG x magik) crumble, papa legba #8 (indica - marie leveau x double Afghan chunk), bio jesus shatter

Carts - jack herer live resin (sativa) , lime skunk LRc(sativa), double Afghan chunk distillate (indica knockout potion), gg4 x hells fire OG fsc distillate (technically hybrid but effects are pure, potent indica), lime skunk x scarlet queen LR (hybrid), garlic cookies (indica dom hybrid), slymer (hybrid), lime sorbet x honey boo LR (indica blend), and Skywalker OG distillate (flavored, which I don't like but it was only $20).

I'm actually really glad I started smoking again. Having an actual medical menu has let me figure out what works for me and its made me chill way the fuck out and just kind of enjoy little shit like skating to the store for munchies or watching old horror movies with your high school buddies. Oh, and I saw someone posted a Jodrey video.. I could (and have) listen to that dude talk weed for hours. There's a really good youtube channel hes involved with called the Ganjier, Derek Gilman and Kyle Kushman are others I like to watch. If there's any weed nerds who want to know about the terpenes in the strains i posted or anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: November 03, 2021, 07:32:50 PM »

I just had a look and I only got Bryans and this shitter one of a hole in a neck but it’s not even that gross

I fully just always ask for the cheapest 20 pack of golds or blues depending on how feeling and they’re always like 29 bucks cheapest for the taxed ones
It’s fucked as

Can 100% get these packs around home for 15 off these dodgy shops, you can get malboros and dunhills heaps of people do that but I’m not around home ways

Keen to quit and I guess you can justify anything to yourself but deadset there’s no champix in the world right now they fucked something up at their plant

Quit on champix a few years ago it’s legit as, just you feel sick in mornings but you get hectic dreams off it

That’s sick @layzieyez
fuck, i mean fuck ciggies, i stopped smoking them for the most part, but those prices sound ridiculous. pack of cigs is 5-6 bucks over here, thats like 10 aud.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: November 04, 2021, 01:55:11 AM »
$29 cigs isn't as crazy when the minimum wage is $15 (or whatever it is in aussie now). Still stupid, but context is always important.

I got my med card a while back and started smoking again. Interesting how much has changed just in the last 15 years in terms of genetics... Everything nowadays is so potent and tastes like cereal and all that, but ive found that I really prefer older and less muddled strains. Northern lights, pre-98 bubba, some of the early blueberry crosses etc etc.

I mostly go for high terpinoline sativas (golden goat, durban poison, MTF, jack herer, lime skunk) in the morning as they tend to give me energy without anxiety. Great for skating.

Then usually after work or around midday on my days off I switch to a strong pain killing indica or indica dom hybrid like gg4, motor breath 15, or OG18.

Night time if i cant sleep - or i just want to lay in bed and watch the football game or old wrestling - I tend to use afghani, northern lights, or I've had luck with some of the really heavy duty OG and bubba cuts.

I'd say probably 65% of my use is vape cart or wax pen just for convenience (no smell, can carry with me anywhere), then 25% flower, and the last 10% would be traditional torch and banger dabs. I don't really fuck with edibles, i occasionally take some RSO for sleep if my lungs are sore but ive had a tube of it for months and have more than half left.

Current stash (not embedding pics to save bandwidth for mobile users) :

Larry OG (29% THCA) - Happy piney hybrid. Long lasting for flower
https://i.postimg.cc/501NHbg1/IMG-20211103-144554.jpg

Bananium (33% THCA) - strong, stoney indica
https://i.postimg.cc/T1K814zf/IMG-20210908-131955.jpg

African Thai #15 (29% THCA) - really interesting sativa, tastes kinda like sour d but effects are way more relaxed and happy while still being energetic and able to focus
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2PKZtF9/IMG-20211013-164328.jpg

Hell's OG (29% THCA) - strong indica, total couch lock
https://i.postimg.cc/0QWR8sHV/IMG-20211021-164231.jpg

Blue Agave (26% THCA) - my fav anytime strain, incredibly versatile hybrid that's super relaxing, kills pain but has some terpinoline kick to keep energy and motivation levels up...great social bud, I'm planning to get some rosin made of it soon
https://i.postimg.cc/tRnZLCcv/IMG-20211022-172140.jpg

Durban (aka durban poison, 25% THCA) - one of the terpinoline heaviest strains I've found along with golden goat, this is my shit. Wish you could smell a picture. Roll a spliff of it (or a joint followed by a camel like me) and pour yourself a cup of good coffee and theres no better way to start the day.
https://i.postimg.cc/LsSMDv13/IMG-20211103-143311.jpg

Lucinda Williams x Girl scout cookies - delicious hybrid, tastes like a sweeter GSC with a more focused and cerebral high
https://i.postimg.cc/mrSW5M3f/IMG-20211103-144827.jpg

Not gonna bother posting pics of dabs and carts but this is the lineup -

Dabs - Blueberry space cake (indica) budder, pyromancy (indica - fire OG x magik) crumble, papa legba #8 (indica - marie leveau x double Afghan chunk), bio jesus shatter

Carts - jack herer live resin (sativa) , lime skunk LRc(sativa), double Afghan chunk distillate (indica knockout potion), gg4 x hells fire OG fsc distillate (technically hybrid but effects are pure, potent indica), lime skunk x scarlet queen LR (hybrid), garlic cookies (indica dom hybrid), slymer (hybrid), lime sorbet x honey boo LR (indica blend), and Skywalker OG distillate (flavored, which I don't like but it was only $20).

I'm actually really glad I started smoking again. Having an actual medical menu has let me figure out what works for me and its made me chill way the fuck out and just kind of enjoy little shit like skating to the store for munchies or watching old horror movies with your high school buddies. Oh, and I saw someone posted a Jodrey video.. I could (and have) listen to that dude talk weed for hours. There's a really good youtube channel hes involved with called the Ganjier, Derek Gilman and Kyle Kushman are others I like to watch. If there's any weed nerds who want to know about the terpenes in the strains i posted or anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

You didn’t embed the images so I was like this fucking guy but deadset I stopped clicking after the second one
Fuck you
I say this with love
I’m so envious right now

I got this and I was happy but now I wanna ring the bro tell him fuck you get me that shit these North Americans are smoking

We get that primo shit but too many bros to go round
I can get like a quarter of some of that shit a month
Nowhere near enough
Fucks sake

Just got this but I’m not even hyped anymore ahaha

russian photo sharing
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1077 on: November 04, 2021, 01:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote

It’s fucked as

That’s sick @layzieyez
[close]
fuck, i mean fuck ciggies, i stopped smoking them for the most part, but those prices sound ridiculous. pack of cigs is 5-6 bucks over here, thats like 10 aud.

Cigarettes are the asshole/moron tax

Yeah buttfart, bang on the money it’s $15usd

But also you got all these $10 buffets I been to em
Foods cheaper for sure over there or at least it was 20 years ago

Edit

But also, no tips
I mean sometimes we get wasted and tell Uber drivers to take extra cash
No shit pinky brought an Uber driver upstairs to mine and we fed him a bong and it fucked him I had to get him some water and he took his shirt off and sweated fuck out of my couch
It was gross he stayed for a while like he was aware but he was fucked
I reckon the weed sent him

You might, like if you had half a brain and wanted a date to go well, tip the bartender at an nice bar on the first round
Cause nobody does it you look like a sick cunt getting first dibs on drinks for rest of night no matter how many cunts are lined up

Maybe this goes in power moves idk
But we don’t tip here as a rule so that somewhat explains the wage disparity
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1078 on: November 04, 2021, 02:03:27 AM »
I wanna quit @Frank
I hate the fucking things
listen to cosmic psychos

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
« Reply #1079 on: November 04, 2021, 06:02:09 AM »

You didn’t embed the images so I was like this fucking guy but deadset I stopped clicking after the second one
Fuck you
I say this with love
I’m so envious right now

I got this and I was happy but now I wanna ring the bro tell him fuck you get me that shit these North Americans are smoking

We get that primo shit but too many bros to go round
I can get like a quarter of some of that shit a month
Nowhere near enough
Fucks sake

Just got this but I’m not even hyped anymore ahaha

russian photo sharing

Haha I didn't want to fuck anyones data plan with half a gig of weed pics, thats the worst if you don't have an unlimited plan. Your bud looks good! Honestly that's what a lot of the medical bud is like here, and some of it is worse. I nerded out right away and found out who the best growers in our medical program were and have been able to find some strains that work for me.

Some are more medical, some are more for fun, but having good legal weed is one of the very few things my state got right although its still just as or more expensive than the street. Quality and selection are great but remember that this is mass produced, commercially processed weed so not every plant gets enough love and care to fully reach its potential, so Boppin' Billy down the street might be growing stuff that blows mine away. The only stuff that I really love just looking at and smelling is the Blue Agave but under a 40x loupe the Larry OG has some of the biggest and densest trichome coverage I've had in a while. I've got some old pics from other batches of Blue Agave somewhere that really show how beautiful it is.

Also remember that youre in a country that has a lot of empty, open space. You could hypothetically order some feminized seeds of a low maintenance but strong producing strain (dream queen works really well outdoors around here) and toss em on a hillside that no one will find em on, or if you've got your own place its pretty cheap to set up a tent with LEDs nowadays. There's a ton of grow guides on YouTube. I've been collecting seeds when I find them (some modern genetics are so muddled the plants randomly go herm and pollinate even if you do everything right - Gorilla glue #4 is notorious for it) and scouting out spots to try and do some urban guerrilla grows in the spring. Just a few plants spread out as kind of a learning experience more than anything, i dont expect to actually harvest anything but the last time I tried to grow was 20 years ago and I didn't kill those ones so maybe ill get lucky.

Anyways I'm rambling because after my morning durb J I decided to bust out the last little piece of Jet Fuel Gelato I had and I'm feeling quite good.