Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180822 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1140 on: December 02, 2021, 04:59:07 AM »
Grocery day and things worked out nicely because the dispensary across the street from the grocery store actually has 1g packs of multiple strains for once. Im thinking that my shopping list is going to look like this:

- 1g Blueberry (standard farms)
- 1g Super Silver Haze (standard farms)
- 1g Lemon Grenades (grassroots)
- 1g Stardawg x Northern Lights Haze #2 (grassroots)

Might grab another cut of Golden Goat, or they have blue agave smalls on sale for $75 a quarter but im scared itll be the same microseeded batch my last eighth was. I still have a little bit of MAC n cheese if I need to get my terpinoline fix.

And then they got in some crown budder which I may grab or I may wait to see if it shows up at some of the places with better discounts. I still have 2 1g carts and a dab or two left plus some of the flower so I should be ok to shop around or wait for a holiday sale.

This morning I decided to mix goat and crown for shits and giggles. My two fav strains, so I feel like there was no way I wouldn't like this and I was right. The tastes don't necessarily compliment each other but the effects certainly do. I don't like it as much as I do each individual strain on its own but it was still interesting and I enjoyed it, predictably it was very euphoric.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1141 on: December 02, 2021, 07:43:54 AM »
what are your general thoughts on mixing strains or even different smoke mediums?

like over here it's relatively common to mix weed and hash in a spliff.

i used to mix weeds when i had different strains available. for example i mixed cbd bud with some other super strong amnesia bud i had and it made the amnesia hit way more mellow. usually amnesia works like an upper for me, like it gives me adhd. i hit it and then manically do stuff. which is why i avoid it usually because that's not what i'm looking for mostly. but the mix was pretty good, still very active but could focus way easier on what i actually wanted to do.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1142 on: December 02, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »
I've heard that mixing the CBD can benefit a lot of people.

I saw a video of a study years ago where they inject this lady with a CBD/THc mix and she is chilling
They injected her w straight THC and she was just full on buggin out

We cross bred this shit too strong.

I have mixed strains but i usually prefer to stick to one for flavor.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1143 on: December 03, 2021, 02:31:28 AM »
CBD is useful for certain things but it fucks with my sleep patterns so I generally avoid it. I think theres still a lot of really interesting compounds to be studied further like CBN which I've started paying attention to after noticing it in some carts I liked.

Here's yesterdays pickups, ended up only grabbing these 2 as the others didn't look great terp wise.

https://imgur.com/a/AVmTLJj

Maybe you West coast cats can answer me this...have you ever had Super Silver Haze that had zero terpinoline before? I think every time I've had it before it was like the second most prominent terp but I snagged a gram from a new grower yesterday and there's a load of myrcene but no terpinoline at all. At any rate its pretty fucking good, better than I expected as this grower is considered more of a low budget option. Check out the terps..weird but good. Reminds me a little of the African Thai i had a while back.

The blueberry was kind of a lark but I've been so happy with Crown Royale lately that when I saw one of the parents pop up I decided to snag it. I smoked a ton of blueberry back in the early-mid 00's and got kind of burnt out on it, plus its another strain that got so popular that the genetics became muddled and theres a hundred different phenos just labeled as bb. This is actually a really good cut. I was a little miffed when I popped the lid because it was pretty dry, small buds and there was a fair bit of shake. After rehydrating for a few hours it really perked up though and I'm very much enjoying it. Classic mellow BB high, super relaxed and free from pain or worry. Might actually grab this as a concentrate in the future but I've only seen it in distillate form so far.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1144 on: December 03, 2021, 02:40:21 AM »
i can't post pics, but came upon some nice bud. very frosty and sticky. no idea what strain haha. allegedly it's some sort of haze. the flower looks a bit blue greyish with the frosting, super pale. it almost turns into hash when you grind it. definitely tastes like pine or conifers, a bit minty, and some citrus notes. pretty soft smoke and it has a nice effect. good for evening chilling. it's a mix of being head high and body stoned. but not so bad you are couchlocked, just relaxed. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2021, 02:24:27 AM »
@3D X-Ray Vision

Nice! I wonder what the genetics are, I've heard of lava cake around here so maybe some shared lineage?

Its interesting that you brought that up too because I have a reverse case - something labeled indica that hits me like a sativa or sdh. It's called Dragonfly..not sure what the genetics are but I bet it's got MAC in it because its got the ultra dense chunkball buds and a fair bit of terpinoline. It gives me the typical mental energy and clarity I get from terp dom sativas and is supposed to taper off into more of a classic indica experience but it just hasn't happened for me. Its really good, don't get me wrong. Its just not night time weed, at least not for me. I decided to try a morning smoke with it and see how I feel in a few hours, I think it will fit really nicely into my rotation as an early in the day creative energy booster and I might even prefer it to the MAC and Cheese I got from the same grower a few posts back.

Pics and terps -

https://imgur.com/a/R2lcsnU

Also grabbed a gram of crown royale budder on this trip. It was full price ($59 with vet discount) so I only grabbed one for now. Still in love with that strain.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: December 12, 2021, 02:43:54 AM »
The dispensary across from the grocery store (and closest to my apartment) just upped their vet discount to 20%. I'm assuming it's because theres a fair amount of competition now and there's actually a new place opening this week, although it's in a different part of town. I'll probably go check it out on my day off if the menu doesn't blow.

Anyways since it's now $42 with discounts I grabbed another eighth even though I still had some left. Same batch, same sweet piney scent with just a hint of rotting flesh when you crack the bud, same lovely focused, energetic daze after a joint. This stuff even burns perfectly, it never runs or canoes even with my janky hand rolled cones. Some more glamor shots - I tried to get a close up of it through the loupe but it didn't really do it justice. Of all the strains I've looked at since I got my loupe this is second only to durban for how fat and swollen the heads of the trichomes get. Forgot to upload as an album, sorry.

https://i.imgur.com/Plw1Z6w.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l0xAqXw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CIoqlXn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xpo112S.jpg

Then I also grabbed a gram of Lemon Grenades. I was a little apprehensive about the terp profile after not having the best experience with the super lemon haze a few weeks ago but I'm glad I got it. This stuff is really good. Some of the tastiest shit I've had in a while actually and it didn't tweak me out at all. It was a really pleasant and euphoric hybrid high, I got a little giggly and emotional listening to music and didn't mind skating home on a wet and windy day. Grassroots bud is usually high thc but sometimes lacking terps, that's not the case here at all. This was a delicious sweet lemon smell and taste and I'd much rather have this @ 22% thc than it be 25 and half the terps like it was the first time I got it.

https://i.imgur.com/KYNGhZl.jpg

Next up on the hit list is lambs bread if I find it at a reasonable price. The only company that does it here is hit and miss and the only dispensary I've seen it at lately charges $60 for it. There's also a Tahoe OG cut that's super high in terpinoline that caught my eye.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1147 on: December 12, 2021, 11:18:52 AM »
The dispensary across from the grocery store (and closest to my apartment) just upped their vet discount to 20%. I'm assuming it's because theres a fair amount of competition now and there's actually a new place opening this week, although it's in a different part of town. I'll probably go check it out on my day off if the menu doesn't blow.

Anyways since it's now $42 with discounts I grabbed another eighth even though I still had some left. Same batch, same sweet piney scent with just a hint of rotting flesh when you crack the bud, same lovely focused, energetic daze after a joint. This stuff even burns perfectly, it never runs or canoes even with my janky hand rolled cones. Some more glamor shots - I tried to get a close up of it through the loupe but it didn't really do it justice. Of all the strains I've looked at since I got my loupe this is second only to durban for how fat and swollen the heads of the trichomes get. Forgot to upload as an album, sorry.

https://i.imgur.com/Plw1Z6w.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l0xAqXw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CIoqlXn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xpo112S.jpg

Then I also grabbed a gram of Lemon Grenades. I was a little apprehensive about the terp profile after not having the best experience with the super lemon haze a few weeks ago but I'm glad I got it. This stuff is really good. Some of the tastiest shit I've had in a while actually and it didn't tweak me out at all. It was a really pleasant and euphoric hybrid high, I got a little giggly and emotional listening to music and didn't mind skating home on a wet and windy day. Grassroots bud is usually high thc but sometimes lacking terps, that's not the case here at all. This was a delicious sweet lemon smell and taste and I'd much rather have this @ 22% thc than it be 25 and half the terps like it was the first time I got it.

https://i.imgur.com/KYNGhZl.jpg

Next up on the hit list is lambs bread if I find it at a reasonable price. The only company that does it here is hit and miss and the only dispensary I've seen it at lately charges $60 for it. There's also a Tahoe OG cut that's super high in terpinoline that caught my eye.

Tahoe OG used to be a really enjoyable strain. Haven't seen in a while. Big donker nugs for an OG. Not sure of the contents, but WiFi or White Fire OG rips too if u ever see it. Deadhead OG was a nice OG cut outya Maine a while back
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: December 14, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »
@IusedToSkateMore Dude it's super frustrating here because I found out that "Tahoe OG" is actually like 3 different strains depending on who you get it from in our program. This one has a really really interesting terp profile. I put a Pic of it up. Have you ever seen a Tahoe cut that pumps out as much caryophellene as an OG but has almost a full percent terpinoline before?

At any rate it's really crazy smelling. My eighth was all popcorn which I don't mind (I feel like it cuts down on total stem and trim weight and fills out joints a little better) but is almost always dry unless it has a boveda. Usually I have to figure out the humidity before bud really hits my nose right but even dry this stuff was loud as fuck. I haven't actually smoked it yet because I got something else I wanted to try so just pics for now.

"Tahoe OG" -
https://imgur.com/a/4UA5EPB

Here's what I decided to try this morning instead - it's called Golden Cobra and I've heard both that it's a cross between tangie and grape kush and also that it's a really unique grape kush pheno that happens to taste like tangie. Not sure which is true but it's definitely a tasty little sativa. This company just got bought out, the new owners want to clear the current stock out and made everything 30% off so this came out to like $25 (normally 60) after all my discounts stacked. This grower always has mega tasty bud but it's not always the most pleasant experience for me so I usually don't get it.

Golden Cobra -
https://imgur.com/a/VHcapSP

She's definitely a looker. Good cure and trim although it looks a little shaved under magnification. Terp profile (at least the 3 they actually give you) is pretty generic fruity myrcene heavy fruity modern SDH but it's done well. I don't particularly love tangie but this one is pretty mild and understated and mixes in with the other flavors rather than overpowering them like tangie often does. Just rolled and smoked a medium sized J and it's kind of what I expected which is a good thing. Not the most energetic and motivating, kind of a laid back and chill more hybrid leaning high for me. Its delicious as usual and I can still taste the terps on my lips but nothing about this currently stands out to the point where I'd pay full price for it. Maybe it'll grow on me the way Lemon Sweet Skunk did though.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1149 on: December 14, 2021, 05:26:21 AM »
that tahoe looks like it would be right up my alley, but i'm also not a fan of too dry weed.

i got some variety going at the moment, also got a nice grapefruit kush.

i can't reliably say anything about terps, since this is all blackmarket stuff.

but what i noticed over the years is that i would be able to tell a few basic strains apart. like amnesia always kind of smells like glucose/citrussy/mango, but tastes more popcorny. lemon haze of course very lemon heavy. silver haze has a citric edge, but is overall more floral and more piney. everytime i had something that was named kali something it would be very fruity and perfumey, sometimes the smoke tastes like juicy fruit gum. most kush varieties taste more earthy to me, more like woods and pine, tee tree, other herbs and stuff like that. i like that more nowadays.

would you guys that actually know what you smoke say that sounds about right? all the info on strains over here is pretty much trust, there are no labels yet.

the new government is in place now and i hope they will legalize this year already. new laws take around half a year to pass at least. they just need to allow homegrowing, and i think that's a plan, but they haven't figured out to what extent i guess. just glad were doing it right, basically emulating canada and the us. there are plans to grow weed over here big time, and medicinal is already grown here for years. maybe in a few years you guys get mad german strains, hahaha.

i'm definetly turning into a hybrid/indica guy. i'm really interested in dark weeds. like the purple, blue and black varieties. i usually enjoy those a lot.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1150 on: December 14, 2021, 11:13:33 AM »
@IusedToSkateMore Dude it's super frustrating here because I found out that "Tahoe OG" is actually like 3 different strains depending on who you get it from in our program. This one has a really really interesting terp profile. I put a Pic of it up. Have you ever seen a Tahoe cut that pumps out as much caryophellene as an OG but has almost a full percent terpinoline before?

At any rate it's really crazy smelling. My eighth was all popcorn which I don't mind (I feel like it cuts down on total stem and trim weight and fills out joints a little better) but is almost always dry unless it has a boveda. Usually I have to figure out the humidity before bud really hits my nose right but even dry this stuff was loud as fuck. I haven't actually smoked it yet because I got something else I wanted to try so just pics for now.

"Tahoe OG" -
https://imgur.com/a/4UA5EPB

Here's what I decided to try this morning instead - it's called Golden Cobra and I've heard both that it's a cross between tangie and grape kush and also that it's a really unique grape kush pheno that happens to taste like tangie. Not sure which is true but it's definitely a tasty little sativa. This company just got bought out, the new owners want to clear the current stock out and made everything 30% off so this came out to like $25 (normally 60) after all my discounts stacked. This grower always has mega tasty bud but it's not always the most pleasant experience for me so I usually don't get it.

Golden Cobra -
https://imgur.com/a/VHcapSP

She's definitely a looker. Good cure and trim although it looks a little shaved under magnification. Terp profile (at least the 3 they actually give you) is pretty generic fruity myrcene heavy fruity modern SDH but it's done well. I don't particularly love tangie but this one is pretty mild and understated and mixes in with the other flavors rather than overpowering them like tangie often does. Just rolled and smoked a medium sized J and it's kind of what I expected which is a good thing. Not the most energetic and motivating, kind of a laid back and chill more hybrid leaning high for me. Its delicious as usual and I can still taste the terps on my lips but nothing about this currently stands out to the point where I'd pay full price for it. Maybe it'll grow on me the way Lemon Sweet Skunk did though.

popcorn buds are where it's at as long as their cheaper... no one need be selling that gear at top prices! I do agree though that they're where it's at. easier to deal with all the way around (except for hand trimming).

to be honest, I have very little knowledge of terpene profiles- just what works, what does what, etc. A little newer than old school, but not up to date with the new information so much. In my experience and opinion, genetics are crucial, but grower/farmer care/skill/knowledge is just as, if not more important.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1151 on: December 16, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »
Just snagged some Lambs bread. Looks like a really nice strain but not a great batch, but I just popped the lid and looked at it on the way home so I haven't smoked any yet. Im stoked to try it but I'm already ripped from goat so I'm gonna wait until tomorrow so I can compare against my other tropical sativas.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1152 on: December 16, 2021, 01:43:37 PM »
Just snagged some Lambs bread. Looks like a really nice strain but not a great batch, but I just popped the lid and looked at it on the way home so I haven't smoked any yet. Im stoked to try it but I'm already ripped from goat so I'm gonna wait until tomorrow so I can compare against my other tropical sativas.

Aw yeah, boy. I've only had it from 1 grower. it was sort of their flag ship indoor mother for a while. to this day, it was my favorite herb. everrrrrryone loved it. I hope this cut smokes well for you. I preferred it first thing in the AM and just kinda got on with my day. Usually felt it in the forehead, over the eyes. My gf at the time said it "a waterfall of goodness" over her face. ha ha ha

I'm probably talking it up too much due to my experience having been with piff from a longtime, small batch grower. anyways, I hope it's good for you. if not, keep looking for the real deal Evander Holyfield LB 1 poke batch

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1153 on: December 17, 2021, 02:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aw yeah, boy. I've only had it from 1 grower. it was sort of their flag ship indoor mother for a while. to this day, it was my favorite herb. everrrrrryone loved it. I hope this cut smokes well for you. I preferred it first thing in the AM and just kinda got on with my day. Usually felt it in the forehead, over the eyes. My gf at the time said it "a waterfall of goodness" over her face. ha ha ha

I'm probably talking it up too much due to my experience having been with piff from a longtime, small batch grower. anyways, I hope it's good for you. if not, keep looking for the real deal Evander Holyfield LB 1 poke batch

Yooo ok I just finished my j and it's definitely a winner. The smell was amazing as soon as it hit the grinder and I kinda knew at that point that I was going to like it but you never really know until you partake. It's really similar to golden goat in a lot of ways but the terps are more balanced and lean a little more towards the "happy" ones. It's got that really lovely sweet woody terpinoline smell layered with sugary and pine notes all sitting over this tropical base. You can just tell this is weed that loves the sun haha.

Effects are exactly what I hoped for from the smell - a really happy energy and zero anxiety. I for sure feel it in the dome, just a gentle pressure behind the eyes and floaty feeling but I'm not struggling to wrangle my thoughts or focus. Cognitively I feel more creative and inspired, if it weren't raining I'd probably call off work to skate. I've heard Jack Herer and some other terpinoline/myrcene heavy strains referred to as "thinking man's weed" before and that's definitely how I feel right now.

Yeah. This one's a keeper. And this is definitely not a good batch, so I can only imagine how much better a good one is. Even still, I'm not ready to say I think I'd like it better than goat but they're similar enough that there's definitely something here for me. I'm going to see if I can track down a different batch or start making friends with the rastas around here or something haha. 

Pics and terps -

https://imgur.com/a/mkrUuty

@IusedToSkateMore I can't thank you enough for recommending this. Honestly I would have looked at the rather wimpy terp levels and probably never bothered to try it. Now I have to recommend that you grab yourself some golden goat if you get an opportunity!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1154 on: December 17, 2021, 07:19:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yooo ok I just finished my j and it's definitely a winner. The smell was amazing as soon as it hit the grinder and I kinda knew at that point that I was going to like it but you never really know until you partake. It's really similar to golden goat in a lot of ways but the terps are more balanced and lean a little more towards the "happy" ones. It's got that really lovely sweet woody terpinoline smell layered with sugary and pine notes all sitting over this tropical base. You can just tell this is weed that loves the sun haha.

Effects are exactly what I hoped for from the smell - a really happy energy and zero anxiety. I for sure feel it in the dome, just a gentle pressure behind the eyes and floaty feeling but I'm not struggling to wrangle my thoughts or focus. Cognitively I feel more creative and inspired, if it weren't raining I'd probably call off work to skate. I've heard Jack Herer and some other terpinoline/myrcene heavy strains referred to as "thinking man's weed" before and that's definitely how I feel right now.

Yeah. This one's a keeper. And this is definitely not a good batch, so I can only imagine how much better a good one is. Even still, I'm not ready to say I think I'd like it better than goat but they're similar enough that there's definitely something here for me. I'm going to see if I can track down a different batch or start making friends with the rastas around here or something haha. 

Pics and terps -

https://imgur.com/a/mkrUuty

@IusedToSkateMore I can't thank you enough for recommending this. Honestly I would have looked at the rather wimpy terp levels and probably never bothered to try it. Now I have to recommend that you grab yourself some golden goat if you get an opportunity!

yes I! loving it. Smoking a J at 5am is what it seems like you're doing. ha ha ha ha. hell ya. I reckon I forgot to include the happiness factor in there!

I don't remember that Jack Herer is as clear headed as the LB, but Jack is nice nonetheless.

anyways, I've gotta get to work early today. can't talk about weed just yet!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1155 on: December 17, 2021, 07:56:47 AM »
I typically smoke between 4 and 5 AM. I start work at 6am so I'm up around 4-430 on a typical day and even on my days off I'm much more likely to get up and do my thing then go back to bed than I am to sleep in. I get up and smoke and listen to music, drink coffee, and pop a bunch of shitty ollies that probably drive the people above my little skate area nuts.

I ended up not working today, so I couldn't resist rolling one of these. Top is golden goat, lambs bread in the middle, golden cobra at the bottom. Three lovely tropical sativas, this should be a tasty little head bopper.

https://i.imgur.com/R21I9Wd.jpg

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1156 on: December 18, 2021, 02:36:48 AM »
Anyone have a good recommendation for a durable wax pen? I've been through 3 yocans, a terp pen, and now the bowl in my puffco plus (which was the biggest rip off) cracked from a routine cleaning.

I'm back to using a (new) terp pen but it's a pain in the ass to travel because its a nectar collector. I have to bring a puck of concentrates with me and theres no real way to covertly hit one in public. Its very obvious you're doing some sort of drug haha.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1157 on: December 18, 2021, 10:06:26 PM »
Anyone have a good recommendation for a durable wax pen? I've been through 3 yocans, a terp pen, and now the bowl in my puffco plus (which was the biggest rip off) cracked from a routine cleaning.

I'm back to using a (new) terp pen but it's a pain in the ass to travel because its a nectar collector. I have to bring a puck of concentrates with me and theres no real way to covertly hit one in public. Its very obvious you're doing some sort of drug haha.

man you crack me up. ha ha ha straight up menace with the herbs. you've been blazing again for about a year, right? hahaha and you have been through 5 pens. lungs of steel and a strong mind. if I was a weed seller, I'd be fighting people to get your patronage  :o

I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, then only work 2 days a week for 3 more weeks before classes start again. Been doing bong rips since I got outta bed today. hauled down 4 mugs of coffee and a bong while I was writing Xmas cards. now, 14 hours later, I'm munched the fuck out and really don't wanna be on the computer but don't wanna get off the couch...

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1158 on: December 19, 2021, 02:23:47 AM »
Haha dude this is the time of year to do nothing but blaze. And you know damn well from the decks that I tend to not half ass my hobbies.

Also to be totally fair those yocans are basically disposable, they're only like $20 and they sell them at the dispensary. They fucking SUCK to land on when you're skating but that's how I broke one of them and my first terp pen. Everything else was just dumb stoner takes things apart and can't put them back together or shitty manufacturers. I'm actually looking into making my own carts from wax but I can't seem to find a universally liked, safe, flavorless liquidizer.

My normal place added a new grower to the menu and I was pleased to see they offer grams! had to go pick up food in the neighborhood anyways so I made a quick detour and grabbed some Amnesia Haze. I've always heard this was a mediocre grower but this shit looks absolutely tremendous. Not smoking it yet, saving it for a day off. Smell and terp levels aren't quite as impressive as the looks but still very solid and the lambs bread taught me to not judge solely from the label anyways.

https://imgur.com/a/jrWu4Yl

The way I taste/smell stuff like this is usually the sweet myrcene and peppery caryophellene first and then everything else falls in behind but with this I actually get humulene (the terp weed shares with hops) first so it's almost like a complex IPA or something. I suspect the humulene and bisabolol content of crown royale is what makes it so special for me so I'm really interested to see how this one feels.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1159 on: December 19, 2021, 08:06:50 AM »
My grower homie just finished curing his Animal Guavaz (09 Animal Cookies x Guavaz 74) bred by Bloom Seed Co. His last batch was outstanding. I rarely order the same thing twice, but when he sent me this I couldn’t refuse. It looks even better than the last batch.

https://ibb.co/ZB3zwcD

His last batch was 67 days of flowering, he stretched this one to out to 80. He says the cultivar really reacted well to the longer flowering period, terps are more pronounced (they already were), more potent and the colours are a lot more vibrant.

Should be in Wednesday or Thursday if I’m lucky.

I still have a bunch of his Romulan, it’s so potent I’ve been smoking less than usual and I’m higher than usual. So stoked to know such a passionate grower.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1160 on: December 19, 2021, 12:50:58 PM »
Haha dude this is the time of year to do nothing but blaze. And you know damn well from the decks that I tend to not half ass my hobbies.

Also to be totally fair those yocans are basically disposable, they're only like $20 and they sell them at the dispensary. They fucking SUCK to land on when you're skating but that's how I broke one of them and my first terp pen. Everything else was just dumb stoner takes things apart and can't put them back together or shitty manufacturers. I'm actually looking into making my own carts from wax but I can't seem to find a universally liked, safe, flavorless liquidizer.

My normal place added a new grower to the menu and I was pleased to see they offer grams! had to go pick up food in the neighborhood anyways so I made a quick detour and grabbed some Amnesia Haze. I've always heard this was a mediocre grower but this shit looks absolutely tremendous. Not smoking it yet, saving it for a day off. Smell and terp levels aren't quite as impressive as the looks but still very solid and the lambs bread taught me to not judge solely from the label anyways.

https://imgur.com/a/jrWu4Yl

The way I taste/smell stuff like this is usually the sweet myrcene and peppery caryophellene first and then everything else falls in behind but with this I actually get humulene (the terp weed shares with hops) first so it's almost like a complex IPA or something. I suspect the humulene and bisabolol content of crown royale is what makes it so special for me so I'm really interested to see how this one feels.

I'm just busting your aggots, dude. I love seeing people get hyped on trees again!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1161 on: December 20, 2021, 02:13:15 AM »
that tahoe looks like it would be right up my alley, but i'm also not a fan of too dry weed.

i got some variety going at the moment, also got a nice grapefruit kush.

i can't reliably say anything about terps, since this is all blackmarket stuff.

but what i noticed over the years is that i would be able to tell a few basic strains apart. like amnesia always kind of smells like glucose/citrussy/mango, but tastes more popcorny. lemon haze of course very lemon heavy. silver haze has a citric edge, but is overall more floral and more piney. everytime i had something that was named kali something it would be very fruity and perfumey, sometimes the smoke tastes like juicy fruit gum. most kush varieties taste more earthy to me, more like woods and pine, tee tree, other herbs and stuff like that. i like that more nowadays.

would you guys that actually know what you smoke say that sounds about right? all the info on strains over here is pretty much trust, there are no labels yet.

the new government is in place now and i hope they will legalize this year already. new laws take around half a year to pass at least. they just need to allow homegrowing, and i think that's a plan, but they haven't figured out to what extent i guess. just glad were doing it right, basically emulating canada and the us. there are plans to grow weed over here big time, and medicinal is already grown here for years. maybe in a few years you guys get mad german strains, hahaha.

i'm definetly turning into a hybrid/indica guy. i'm really interested in dark weeds. like the purple, blue and black varieties. i usually enjoy those a lot.

Oh man I typed a long reply to this like a week ago and apparently never sent it haha.

Your palette is actually really refined and you really pay attention to what's going on with the taste. You actually know basically all about terps you just don't know what to call them yet. Everything you listed is spot on for how I taste those strains as well and its cool to figure out which ones make you feel which way. You actually mentioned basically all the major ones you'll see on most of my labels

Mango/sweet floral is myrcene.
Lemony/citrus one is limonene
Pine one is pinene
Earthy/peppery one is caryophellene
Sweet/juicy fruit is terpinoline
Skunky/hops is humulene
Floral/lavender is linalool

I'm really into the dark indica and IDH strains these days too. That Tahoe is fire, it's not as different as I thought it would be but it's a really strong and solid OG. I wish I could get you some crown royale because I bet you'd love it... You get the euphoria from blueberry combined with the relaxation of purple kush and it has that really unique smokey, nutty terp that you sometimes get with purple strains.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1162 on: December 20, 2021, 04:44:27 AM »
thank you buttfart, appreciate it! good to know my pallette isn't off afte all these years haha.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1163 on: December 20, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »
One thing about strains if you don’t get them from same grower every time, growing conditions can make a HUGE difference. It can look, smell and hit different while genetics are still the same if it’s done on a different way. Like me and my buddy grew this very same Big Band (Bubblegum x Chronic) from same clones, totally different setups and his was more on BG candy side while mine was heavy indy smoke, densest nugs in awhile and total dank catpiss rather than any sweetness. Growing conditions can even change genotype lol.

e. Also some breeders tend to hurry things up and not bother to stabilize their crosses before pushing them into market and calling them strains…
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 01:14:48 PM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1164 on: December 20, 2021, 02:32:26 PM »
One thing about strains if you don’t get them from same grower every time, growing conditions can make a HUGE difference. It can look, smell and hit different while genetics are still the same if it’s done on a different way. Like me and my buddy grew this very same Big Band (Bubblegum x Chronic) from same clones, totally different setups and his was more on BG candy side while mine was heavy indy smoke, densest nugs in awhile and total dank catpiss rather than any sweetness. Growing conditions can even change genotype lol.

e. Also some breeders tend to hurry things up and not bother to stabilize their crosses before pushing them into market and calling them strains…

for sure, i also had a couple wonky batches of allegedly the same stuff as before and it wouldn't taste or smell the same. i would believe it's the same strain, but not the same plant or batch or time done curing.

just got some local growers strain that is a cross of jack herer with something else i forgot what. i can taste the jack, that's all i needed honestly.

EDIT:

more tasting notes:

slight citrus, more like lemongrass, piney, resinous flavor, and some pink cotton candy sweetness with a little bit of skunkiness lingering in the background. pretty light smoke and not super intense, but tasty. i don't know anymore if i really recalled jack herer in there. i might have taste memory confusion or whatever. i remember jack being more on the piney terps side of things, but that's maybe because compared to early 00s when i started smoking everything back then was way more on the pine side if it was heavy weed. i feel nowadays everything is more fruity if you get what i mean. we used to want that back then, but now there's barely anything that hasn't some fruit in the name. and i love the fruit strains as well but i'd like to have access to some og couch lock borderline cat litter smelling stuff sometimes.

didn't mention i got some nice best of pollen mix that tastes delicious, almost like straight flower.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:10:32 AM by Frank »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1165 on: December 23, 2021, 04:43:21 AM »
Happy holidays stoner pals. Got another terpinoline heavy beauty to add to the list. This company is purely corporate weed and I kinda hate them but they know how to grow great bud. Usually I get durban poison from them but they haven't dropped it for a while, so on a whim I checked terps on this and had to get it.

It's called pineapple express but it's one of those annoying things where the movie came out and all of a sudden everyone had their own "PX" with completely different genetics. This one is vague... It just says trainwreck x Hawaiian, which I'm assuming is island sweet skunk or something similar. Here's pics.. I tried cracking one of the buds open so you can see how dense the trichome coverage is. Not sure how well it translates in the pics but under magnification it's pretty ridiculous haha.

https://imgur.com/a/iqTMc6w

Anyways its phenomenal... Tastes like a more citrusy golden goat and hits hard like a MAC or sour D. Good energy without any anxiety although my mind is far fuzzier and less focused than it would be with goat. It's definitely got a happy, giggly character to it as well. Pretty much everything I want in a SDH.

Edit - few hours later and I'm really impressed with this stuff, it ended up tailing off into a much more relaxed and hybrid "stoned" feeling. I even fell back asleep for a while before construction noise woke me up. When you do the math it comes out to around 30% thc and a little under 4% total terps, so it's definitely what I believe the youth these days call "loud".  This is definitely a nice Xmas tree.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 08:27:37 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1166 on: December 23, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »
Happy holidays stoner pals. Got another terpinoline heavy beauty to add to the list. This company is purely corporate weed and I kinda hate them but they know how to grow great bud. Usually I get durban poison from them but they haven't dropped it for a while, so on a whim I checked terps on this and had to get it.

It's called pineapple express but it's one of those annoying things where the movie came out and all of a sudden everyone had their own "PX" with completely different genetics. This one is vague... It just says trainwreck x Hawaiian, which I'm assuming is island sweet skunk or something similar. Here's pics.. I tried cracking one of the buds open so you can see how dense the trichome coverage is. Not sure how well it translates in the pics but under magnification it's pretty ridiculous haha.

https://imgur.com/a/iqTMc6w

Anyways its phenomenal... Tastes like a more citrusy golden goat and hits hard like a MAC or sour D. Good energy without any anxiety although my mind is far fuzzier and less focused than it would be with goat. It's definitely got a happy, giggly character to it as well. Pretty much everything I want in a SDH.

Edit - few hours later and I'm really impressed with this stuff, it ended up tailing off into a much more relaxed and hybrid "stoned" feeling. I even fell back asleep for a while before construction noise woke me up. When you do the math it comes out to around 30% thc and a little under 4% total terps, so it's definitely what I believe the youth these days call "loud".  This is definitely a nice Xmas tree.

trainwreck is an all time favorite of mine. pineapple trainwreck even more so. god I miss that shit.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1167 on: December 24, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »
Man that px is tasty shit. It's not as happy as lambs bread or as focused as golden goat, but just on straight flavor it's maybe the best one all fall. Didn't notice it as much the first time but smoking it on a clear head a lot more of the trainwreck came through and I had the classic "brain wreck" temporary amnesia several times yesterday haha. Luckily it was a beautiful, 60 degree xmas eve and I was able to just kind of aimlessly skate around and enjoy it.

@frank this ones for you bud. The dispensary shelves were bare (I guess everyone stocked up for Xmas) and even though I really wanted a sativa /sdh vape cart I couldn't pass Jack Herer up when I saw it. It's not the best batch I've had but it's a good one and it's definitely got that sweet cedar and pine smell that I always find with good jack.

Anyways its excellent.. I even cleaned my actual dab rig out to really get a good taste of it and Mmmmm it's terpy. Straight to the head, instant energy and focus, substantial mood lift, and just generally at peace and ready to start my day. What a great strain. It must be a really cool legacy to not only have a strain named after you but for it to be such a good one.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1168 on: December 25, 2021, 06:30:50 AM »
awesome! thank you, i made a mental pic of that terp profile haha.

wishing you all great holidays!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1169 on: December 26, 2021, 02:40:12 AM »
awesome! thank you, i made a mental pic of that terp profile haha.

wishing you all great holidays!

This company, for all their evil corporateness, has really good cuts of a couple strains that I like. Their GG4 used to be pretty much the only one I'd buy because it's got a more sedating/indica effect than others in our program, obviously I'm fond of their durban, but their Jack isn't my favorite. The guys that do my fav Jack cut are a bunch of hippies who have  MS paint quality packaging but some of the best prices in the state and have apparently turned down some big buyout offers to remain independent, so they're not really interested in making money as much as putting out better medicines.

Their Jack cut is lower in myrcene and higher in pinene and it has a really sharp, almost stimulant type effect on my mind. I don't get the racing heart or anxiety like some stimmy sativas though, just like the laser focus to the point of getting tunnel vision. If I'm going to try to beat a video game or have to write a paper or something like that it's one of my favorites. I'd describe it as being motivated energy while golden goat or lamb's breath is more of an inspired energy. Next time I grab the flower I'll post it for you.

The same grower that did the amnesia haze a few posts back just dropped some jack flower too but it looks pretty weak from the thc/terp levels and someone told me it was harvested way too early (immature trichs and tastes like it wasn't flushed) so I don't plan to try it unless it's like a $10 gram.

Its so rad meeting people like you that have similar taste in weed and like to explore and learn about it. @IusedToSkateMore was kind of my guide when I got my card and helped me narrow down what I like pretty quick and he's still making better recommendations than any budtender I've had in PA. I would love to spend a day just trying new interesting strains and skating curbs with yinz guys.