Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 181307 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1170 on: December 26, 2021, 12:11:31 PM »
Expand Quote
awesome! thank you, i made a mental pic of that terp profile haha.

wishing you all great holidays!
[close]

This company, for all their evil corporateness, has really good cuts of a couple strains that I like. Their GG4 used to be pretty much the only one I'd buy because it's got a more sedating/indica effect than others in our program, obviously I'm fond of their durban, but their Jack isn't my favorite. The guys that do my fav Jack cut are a bunch of hippies who have  MS paint quality packaging but some of the best prices in the state and have apparently turned down some big buyout offers to remain independent, so they're not really interested in making money as much as putting out better medicines.

Their Jack cut is lower in myrcene and higher in pinene and it has a really sharp, almost stimulant type effect on my mind. I don't get the racing heart or anxiety like some stimmy sativas though, just like the laser focus to the point of getting tunnel vision. If I'm going to try to beat a video game or have to write a paper or something like that it's one of my favorites. I'd describe it as being motivated energy while golden goat or lamb's breath is more of an inspired energy. Next time I grab the flower I'll post it for you.

The same grower that did the amnesia haze a few posts back just dropped some jack flower too but it looks pretty weak from the thc/terp levels and someone told me it was harvested way too early (immature trichs and tastes like it wasn't flushed) so I don't plan to try it unless it's like a $10 gram.

Its so rad meeting people like you that have similar taste in weed and like to explore and learn about it. @IusedToSkateMore was kind of my guide when I got my card and helped me narrow down what I like pretty quick and he's still making better recommendations than any budtender I've had in PA. I would love to spend a day just trying new interesting strains and skating curbs with yinz guys.

oh boy, you made me smile on a cold, rainy day after Christmas when I'm not looking forward to going outside and working =)

it's funny you mention the Jack today. When I first moved West, straight Jack Herer was big that year. I worked with this Swedish kid who couldn't say "J" words, so he'd always be saying "Ahhhh, yeah, boy. We got the Yack!" Pretty funny.

A jack cross that I have always had a hard time with was Jack Flash. Pretty sure it's a Jack Herer x Haze cross. My buddy used to run it indoor and it was definitely fire, but never fail had my heart racing. some blue dream cuts did that as well, but the jack flash...
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #1171 on: December 26, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »
Yeah Haze strains are one of the lineages that don't seem to sit right with me sometimes. If they don't have like a good amount of myrcene or something else to mellow them out then I get the classic teen stoner white-out panic attack if I smoke too much or combine with something else. I remember being really badly in opiod withdrawal a long time ago and deciding to smoke some grass to chill out but all we had was super silver haze and it was awful... I ended up sitting in a hot shower with some rhythmic zen chant track thing on repeat just trying to focus on that. Couldn't eat anything or keep more than a few sips of ice water down because I was dopesick so it lasted for hours too. Actually that was one of the experiences that scared me off of weed for a long time.... every time I'd try to smoke after that I'd get like PTSD from it and start to freak out.

That's probably why I'm pretty interested in learning as much as I can about it as I can actually, I know how powerful an effect it can have in the right situation - whether that be good or bad.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1172 on: December 27, 2021, 01:50:24 AM »
most haze generally i feel like often hits more like amphetamine these days. i'm not even high anymore, i'm just super buzzed from it. it almost feels like having too much caffeine, tumbling over yourself while thinking and talking. it's so weird.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1173 on: December 27, 2021, 01:05:59 PM »
Yeah Haze strains are one of the lineages that don't seem to sit right with me sometimes. If they don't have like a good amount of myrcene or something else to mellow them out then I get the classic teen stoner white-out panic attack if I smoke too much or combine with something else. I remember being really badly in opiod withdrawal a long time ago and deciding to smoke some grass to chill out but all we had was super silver haze and it was awful... I ended up sitting in a hot shower with some rhythmic zen chant track thing on repeat just trying to focus on that. Couldn't eat anything or keep more than a few sips of ice water down because I was dopesick so it lasted for hours too. Actually that was one of the experiences that scared me off of weed for a long time.... every time I'd try to smoke after that I'd get like PTSD from it and start to freak out.

That's probably why I'm pretty interested in learning as much as I can about it as I can actually, I know how powerful an effect it can have in the right situation - whether that be good or bad.

Jesus. that sounds awful. I've had those panic attacks and the WTSD (weed traumatic stress disorder ???) but not combined with dope sickness.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1174 on: December 28, 2021, 03:35:54 AM »
Anyone have experience with Ghost Train Haze? I saw it pop up as a cart and it caught my eye with 6% terpinoline and 2% myrcene. Now the flower is in stock at one of the dispensaries and I'm intrigued but I don't want another super lemon haze situation where I have to mix it with an indica or myrcene heavy hybrid or panic attack.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1175 on: December 28, 2021, 07:34:25 AM »
Anyone have experience with Ghost Train Haze? I saw it pop up as a cart and it caught my eye with 6% terpinoline and 2% myrcene. Now the flower is in stock at one of the dispensaries and I'm intrigued but I don't want another super lemon haze situation where I have to mix it with an indica or myrcene heavy hybrid or panic attack.
It's been popular here in Canada for a few years, only a select few growers have a legit cut though. My friend grew it for a while, apparently it's a pain in the ass to grow right.

Smells a bit funky (body odour) and like Dutch weed. I don't know how else to explain it, if you've had Dutch strains (White Widow, Pure Power Plant etc..), they have a particular smell (muted skunkiness maybe ?). I'm terrible with terpene names, so I can't help you on that. From memory, it didn't smell all that lemony. I don't think it's a Dutch strain, but it smells like one.

From my experience, it's very fucking potent if grown right, hits fast and like most haze strains, will have me stare at a wall for an hour if I smoke enough. Haze strains tend to put me on the moon, lost in my own head. Quite speedy at low doses, one bong hit will have me cleaning my apartment as if I was on blow. Think of it as a more potent Amnesia Haze, a real smack in the face.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1176 on: December 28, 2021, 04:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's been popular here in Canada for a few years, only a select few growers have a legit cut though. My friend grew it for a while, apparently it's a pain in the ass to grow right.

Smells a bit funky (body odour) and like Dutch weed. I don't know how else to explain it, if you've had Dutch strains (White Widow, Pure Power Plant etc..), they have a particular smell (muted skunkiness maybe ?). I'm terrible with terpene names, so I can't help you on that. From memory, it didn't smell all that lemony. I don't think it's a Dutch strain, but it smells like one.

From my experience, it's very fucking potent if grown right, hits fast and like most haze strains, will have me stare at a wall for an hour if I smoke enough. Haze strains tend to put me on the moon, lost in my own head. Quite speedy at low doses, one bong hit will have me cleaning my apartment as if I was on blow. Think of it as a more potent Amnesia Haze, a real smack in the face.

I've had some of Cloud Cover Cannabis' Ghost Train Haze.  Before I started working in the industry, I wasn't a huge sativa fan.  This was a strain that helped me dip my toes, as I feel like it's 60/40 sativa to indica.  MAYBE 65/35, but I really enjoyed it.  Good social, giggly buzz for me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1177 on: December 28, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »
i got a bit of rosso corsa. indica dominant. very nice, it's just super dry. wish there was a bit more life to it. tastes interesting... kind of sweet and sour, berryish. very relaxed high.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1178 on: December 29, 2021, 05:59:34 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys, but instead of getting the GTH this time something new popped up on the menu and I had to try it. It's called Cape Poison, genetics are Durban poison x El Leche. I'm not sure what El Leche is but I don't care as long as more of the DP comes through as it does here. The results are pretty spectacular as the pictures show.

https://imgur.com/a/ZaFhFo1

This is one of the budget growers in the state so plastic jars and spotty trim jobs are to be expected, however they do a lot of experimenting with genetics, are always adding new strains, and they grow solid grass. This stuff looks a little different than I expected, but the durban genetics really show up in the fact it's absolutely caked in huge trichomes. It looks like someone tried to hit a bowl of broccoli with a salt shaker but the top came off or something. It's so sparkly that photos can't really do it justice. Smell and taste are good - all the terpinoline and limonene give it a crisp, citrusy flavor but it lacks the spicy, earthy character of a goat or pineapple express so I can't say that I love it the way I do with those. The high is great though - strong, energetic, but with enough myrcene to keep it chill. It's not necessarily the most focused or euphoric but it's quite pleasant.

I'd say this is a strain that does everything well but nothing spectacularly. It should be a perfectly functional sativa, but I don't think it's going to be knocking anything out of my rotation. I'd personally rather have just the durban poison parent, but it's strong and it's pretty so I could see someone with slightly different preferences liking it more than I do.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1179 on: December 29, 2021, 06:07:04 AM »
that stuff looks like it's covered in dog saliva. awesome.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1180 on: December 30, 2021, 04:39:21 AM »

Yeah it's definitely eye catching. I know you like darker buds but the green on this one is kind of weird - it's the same shade as broccoli leaf or green beans or something.

I did stop by the shitty dispo yesterday because they had live resin carts of Bio Jesus (a super potent indica but its so spicy/peppery that it actually hurts my throat). They only had like 20 types of flower and a dozen vapes so it was slim pickings but I did grab a gram of Girl Scout Cookies.

Not the best batch I've had from this grower but it's definitely solid. Im getting together with my folks today and wanted something happy and middle of the road so it won't overpower my mom and this seemed pretty ideal.

Of course as soon as I left that dispensary the one on the other side of my neighborhood updated their menu and they have golden goat crumble! I'm heading over there as soon as they open to get it. Sooooo stoked to finally have it again. Now I just need to get a new vape pen and not break it within a week haha.

Also I'm starting to see Island Sweet Skunk carts pop up from one of the big companies which might mean there's flower coming soon as well. I've wanted to try their ISS for ages so that's an insta-buy if I see it too.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1181 on: December 30, 2021, 10:35:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it's definitely eye catching. I know you like darker buds but the green on this one is kind of weird - it's the same shade as broccoli leaf or green beans or something.

I did stop by the shitty dispo yesterday because they had live resin carts of Bio Jesus (a super potent indica but its so spicy/peppery that it actually hurts my throat). They only had like 20 types of flower and a dozen vapes so it was slim pickings but I did grab a gram of Girl Scout Cookies.

Not the best batch I've had from this grower but it's definitely solid. Im getting together with my folks today and wanted something happy and middle of the road so it won't overpower my mom and this seemed pretty ideal.

Of course as soon as I left that dispensary the one on the other side of my neighborhood updated their menu and they have golden goat crumble! I'm heading over there as soon as they open to get it. Sooooo stoked to finally have it again. Now I just need to get a new vape pen and not break it within a week haha.

Also I'm starting to see Island Sweet Skunk carts pop up from one of the big companies which might mean there's flower coming soon as well. I've wanted to try their ISS for ages so that's an insta-buy if I see it too.

from all the dispensary pics I see, these sized buds seem pretty common. are the considered B buds or standard fare?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1182 on: December 30, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »
Had an interesting conversation with a customer who really knew his shit re: cultivation.  He made a great point that the selection and variety are tapering down due to too many Cookies crosses.  He then pointed out about 30-35% of our strains had Cookie genetics.

Smoking on some Cherry Puinch!  Cheers!

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1183 on: December 30, 2021, 07:03:34 PM »
I've been hearing about some new gas called Wedding Pie. Apparently it's a real hum dinger

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1184 on: December 30, 2021, 07:16:56 PM »
Had an interesting conversation with a customer who really knew his shit re: cultivation.  He made a great point that the selection and variety are tapering down due to too many Cookies crosses.  He then pointed out about 30-35% of our strains had Cookie genetics.

yeah, even here in europe everyone is pushing some type of gsc or some type gelato. allegedly. we need to stop the cookiefication of all strains! when growing is legal here i will start a cookie free sanctuary grow.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1185 on: December 31, 2021, 06:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

from all the dispensary pics I see, these sized buds seem pretty common. are the considered B buds or standard fare?

Varies from company to company and some companies even have "grades" but as a general rule the bigger buds go into the eighth jars and the popcorn gets sold off as grams and quarters. Obviously it varies by strain and grower but if you're buying premium eighths you've got a pretty good chance of getting some buds that around the 1-2g range

Our quarters are either "smalls" like the grams or "ground flower" which is basically shake and sugar leaf and meant for cooking. I tend to buy a lot of grams because I like to experiment so my pics kinda skew that way. Every now and then I'll get an eighth that's just one or two big buds, or the Golden Goat that I always buy usually comes as 4 buds. I actually kinda like the popcorn with most strains as I feel like I get less overall stem weight and don't feel bad about busting up big beautiful flowers.

Oh and I got to see my dad yesterday. Hes an old head so he knows some strain names and stuff but it's definitely skewed towards the 70s and 80s. Anyways I handed him that lamb's breath and he smelled it and said "smells like what my roommates used to bring in from the islands". He went to college on a soccer scholarship and apparently his roommates were 2 big Jamaican center backs who would bring huge bags of it back with them. He was super stoked about it and it was cool for me to confirm that the cut I got is legit. I also hooked him up with a strain called Grandpa's Stash that's a 70s Afghan x 92 OG kush x 1994 super skunk IIRC.

They just put a bunch of stuff on sale so I'm going to grab some super silver haze and maybe some jet fuel gelato after work today.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1186 on: December 31, 2021, 06:35:03 AM »

So I actually agree that all the modern candy weed breeding is out of control. Everyone wants to be the next cookie and they just either copy what others are doing or start throwing strains together and hoping something works. There's probably 40 cookie/pie/cake strains at my fav dispensary and half of them are basically the exact same terp profile.

Now all of that being said, I actually don't mind it as much when it comes to GSC mostly because I really like it haha. I know it kind of kicked off all this madness but it's fundamentally just a really good durban cross and I'm always down for anything that expresses the sweet and happy character of durbz.

I guess I'd just prefer if everyone was a bit more focused on the growing side in PA. Breeding and pheno hunting is fine but it should be done separately and patients shouldn't be the Guinea pigs.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1187 on: December 31, 2021, 06:42:14 AM »
i love gsc too, haven't had it often, but i've noticed strains becoming sort of similar, like everything kind of tasting very sweet or cotton candyish. sometimes with some gas to it, like you left the oven valve on.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1188 on: December 31, 2021, 07:43:50 PM »
The south? Behind the times? Well I've never!

No but seriously if like Texas and the entire south minus Atlanta could just secede and all the crazy old white religious nuts can shoot each other over which Bible story is the bestest. Whatever as long as they get the fuck out of the way of those who want a modern, un-fucked society. I've never really understood why people fear change so much, especially as it pertains to something that's been proven effective or correct time and time again.

I suppose if you're talking to a religious nut or someone dumb enough to still be anti-weed then a logical, scientific, evidence-based argument might not be very effective haha. Maybe convince them that it stops them from turning gay or something? Can just imagine all the religious nuts desperately trying to smoke away the memory of that time that Joey touched their leg and they kinda liked it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1189 on: January 01, 2022, 08:38:26 PM »
Ended up grabbing just the Super Silver Haze and it's solid. If you remember a few weeks ago I had gotten some SSH from a different grower and was kind of disappointed that it had a totally different terp profile from what I was expecting. Well, this is what I was expecting haha.

https://imgur.com/a/wRuZIBl

Its good. It's much more up my alley than the other one was and not as haze-y. A bit more functional energy, felt a little creative, digging my tunes and just sort of floating around skating surprisingly well (landed a muska flip for the first time in years). I wasn't blown away by it but it wasn't bad by any means - just not necessarily exactly what I like the absolute most.

It's listed and sold as a sativa but I get more of a hybrid feel - whereas with the super lemon haze if I had a cup of coffee it was basically guaranteed hyperventilation with this stuff I feel like a big cup of good Joe is a perfect accompaniment and I'm not sure how motivated to get up and start my day I would be without it. Medically speaking I was impressed with its anti-inflammatory and pain relief effects - I slept with my neck bent weird and woke up sore and with a headache and after stretching it out and smoking 3/4 of a joint I was good for a few hours.

I will say that it's an extremely smooth smoke and beautifully cured. It's extremely fresh (packed last week) and I don't know if that's why it weighed over or if they just threw an extra bud or two in because they're smalls.

Anyone tried Moby Dick? Thinking about grabbing that next too. Got that spicy sativa terp profile. I'm almost out of goat so I might just restock on that if it's cheap.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1190 on: January 01, 2022, 08:52:55 PM »
Ended up grabbing just the Super Silver Haze and it's solid. If you remember a few weeks ago I had gotten some SSH from a different grower and was kind of disappointed that it had a totally different terp profile from what I was expecting. Well, this is what I was expecting haha.

https://imgur.com/a/wRuZIBl

Its good. It's much more up my alley than the other one was and not as haze-y. A bit more functional energy, felt a little creative, digging my tunes and just sort of floating around skating surprisingly well (landed a muska flip for the first time in years). I wasn't blown away by it but it wasn't bad by any means - just not necessarily exactly what I like the absolute most.

It's listed and sold as a sativa but I get more of a hybrid feel - whereas with the super lemon haze if I had a cup of coffee it was basically guaranteed hyperventilation with this stuff I feel like a big cup of good Joe is a perfect accompaniment and I'm not sure how motivated to get up and start my day I would be without it. Medically speaking I was impressed with its anti-inflammatory and pain relief effects - I slept with my neck bent weird and woke up sore and with a headache and after stretching it out and smoking 3/4 of a joint I was good for a few hours.

I will say that it's an extremely smooth smoke and beautifully cured. It's extremely fresh (packed last week) and I don't know if that's why it weighed over or if they just threw an extra bud or two in because they're smalls.

Anyone tried Moby Dick? Thinking about grabbing that next too. Got that spicy sativa terp profile. I'm almost out of goat so I might just restock on that if it's cheap.

white widow X haze. Saw it only once. We'd been hitting that east coast drought that came like clock work every August-October. All of a sudden the good homie hollers at me and says he's found some stuff he'd had stashed in the back of the closet and asks if I want it. Well, it ends up being Moby Dick. Bunch of trophy colas too... The high and smell were great, but what I most remember was that the smoke itself felt heavy, like there was a thicker viscosity. Some real nice old school smoke. Get it while you can!

I got turned onto CBN candies recently, they've been knock out at night time for me. Seriously have me sleeping like I'm on soma or something, minus the grogginess. excellent muscle relaxant properties.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1191 on: January 02, 2022, 04:32:04 AM »
Dude I'm so intrigued by CBN. You almost never see it in our flower because it gets chopped so quick and everyone here sees "degradation product" and think it means it's making their weed less effective. You know I love my indica extracts/carts for sleep so I would be really interested in something bred to be sedating and purposely harvested late. Thcv is another really interesting compound - it's super effective as an appetite suppressant (its now gaining popularity as "diet weed") and I think it might be why I lost so much weight over the summer when I was smoking a load of durban.

You sold me on grabbing Moby dick. I wanna crack a joke about the bald musicians penis but I'm too baked to think of a good one. It's interesting because growing up White Widow was this superstar strain (kinda like GSC recently) with pull out centerfolds in high times so Id see these pics of forests of big trichomes bending under the weight of their swollen heads and assume it must be this ultra-potent 30% thc monster that would floor you in one hit. In reality it's a really mellow, chill high and not all that strong haha. I'm really interested to see how it pairs with the haze for cerebral effects as WW tends to be pretty focused and social while haze is a bit more... let's call it "abstract" in its mental effects haha. Here's the terp profile they have listed, but from checking out some other labels there's probably a healthy amount of pinene as well.

THCV: .503 | CBG: 309 | Terpinolene: .956 | Caryophyllene: .1 | Myrcene: .218 | Limonene: .131

Looks solid. The only flower I've had from this grower is strawberry amnesia which was pretty good. They do a bubblegum cut that's supposed to be excellent but once upon a time a friend and I "acquired" 2 qps of bubblegum and smoked almost all of it so I don't know if it would be like nostalgic or I'm still sick of it lol.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1192 on: January 02, 2022, 06:56:44 AM »
i know you guys smoke pure and stuff, but maybe someone in this thread has some tips for a good tobacco substitute for spliffing? i've been thinking about ordering some wild dagga. that stuff is said to taste pretty good and give you a subtle cannabis high like as well. it's actually crazy, so much stuff is legal here that is illegal in other places.

1kg of kratom powder in the same shop comes in at 250,-

the wild dagga they sell costs from 2-5 bucks a gram. they got original and enhanced, not sure what that means though, but the customers seem satisfied. sounds kind of sus tbh... like they boosted it up with extract or something.

they sell other legal smokes like blue lotus, too.

i might just end up buying a new vape at some point tho i think.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1193 on: January 02, 2022, 10:47:08 AM »
Dude I'm so intrigued by CBN. You almost never see it in our flower because it gets chopped so quick and everyone here sees "degradation product" and think it means it's making their weed less effective. You know I love my indica extracts/carts for sleep so I would be really interested in something bred to be sedating and purposely harvested late. Thcv is another really interesting compound - it's super effective as an appetite suppressant (its now gaining popularity as "diet weed") and I think it might be why I lost so much weight over the summer when I was smoking a load of durban.

You sold me on grabbing Moby dick. I wanna crack a joke about the bald musicians penis but I'm too baked to think of a good one. It's interesting because growing up White Widow was this superstar strain (kinda like GSC recently) with pull out centerfolds in high times so Id see these pics of forests of big trichomes bending under the weight of their swollen heads and assume it must be this ultra-potent 30% thc monster that would floor you in one hit. In reality it's a really mellow, chill high and not all that strong haha. I'm really interested to see how it pairs with the haze for cerebral effects as WW tends to be pretty focused and social while haze is a bit more... let's call it "abstract" in its mental effects haha. Here's the terp profile they have listed, but from checking out some other labels there's probably a healthy amount of pinene as well.

THCV: .503 | CBG: 309 | Terpinolene: .956 | Caryophyllene: .1 | Myrcene: .218 | Limonene: .131

Looks solid. The only flower I've had from this grower is strawberry amnesia which was pretty good. They do a bubblegum cut that's supposed to be excellent but once upon a time a friend and I "acquired" 2 qps of bubblegum and smoked almost all of it so I don't know if it would be like nostalgic or I'm still sick of it lol.

You and I definitely grew up on the east coast around the same time, "bubblegum" was the rage for a while. same with WW.

Regarding the CBN, I don't know much other than that I like what it does. In growing circles, its known that chopping herb early makes for a more energetic
 high and a later chop allows for.more sedating cannabinoids to mature.

Also, about the weed of yore, ye olde high times center folds, I've had conversations about what the herbs were bred for at different times. From the OG era on (sours, dessert strains etc) its been about getting the highest THC level possible. Earlier eras had lower THC but other properties going on

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1194 on: January 03, 2022, 02:22:13 AM »
i know you guys smoke pure and stuff, but maybe someone in this thread has some tips for a good tobacco substitute for spliffing? i've been thinking about ordering some wild dagga. that stuff is said to taste pretty good and give you a subtle cannabis high like as well. it's actually crazy, so much stuff is legal here that is illegal in other places.

the wild dagga they sell costs from 2-5 bucks a gram. they got original and enhanced, not sure what that means though, but the customers seem satisfied. sounds kind of sus tbh... like they boosted it up with extract or something.

I've never tried anything other than tobacco but I do sometimes use fronto/grabba leaf which is super smooth and rich while you're smoking it but hurts your lungs after a while.

I would be careful with kratom too. It's effectively just a weak opiod so it'll make you feel great short term but tolerance and withdrawal are a slippery slope. I used it to wean myself off suboxone before going into jail one time and was surprised at how well it worked at first, but it was far from painless to stop using the kratom too.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1195 on: January 03, 2022, 07:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've never tried anything other than tobacco but I do sometimes use fronto/grabba leaf which is super smooth and rich while you're smoking it but hurts your lungs after a while.

I would be careful with kratom too. It's effectively just a weak opiod so it'll make you feel great short term but tolerance and withdrawal are a slippery slope. I used it to wean myself off suboxone before going into jail one time and was surprised at how well it worked at first, but it was far from painless to stop using the kratom too.

thanks br, i more or less brought the kratom up out of curiosity since i know it's illegal in some us states. i think it's wild we have so much stuff here that's legal but had to go through all these pains to legalize weed.

not planning on getting any of that. probably gonna try some dagga just for fun at some point since it seems to get used a bunch and people say it's pretty nice.

EDIT:

i had some good clean white widow and og kush for new years eve, really good. felt like back in the day.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1196 on: January 03, 2022, 11:02:02 AM »

I've known a lot of hippies and Euro's that smoked spliffs all day long. 1/3 ratio- 1 pt ganja, 2pt tobacco. I think as long as it's clean, pesticide free tobacco, it's gonna be fine. I used to use backwoods brand cigars to roll my blunts. It's a raw tobacco leaf that you unroll, dump the tobacco, fill with ganja, and re-roll. Pretty sure the nicotine content is high.

But, I don't think that' what you're looking to do... In my experience and opinion, there's reasons that people don't regularly smoke blue lotus or dagga, and it's not because they're illegal. It's because they're not a great high! I'd probably watch out for anything "enhanced" as well- what's been added to it? I do mess around with herbs sometimes, but I like them in tea. Kava is really nice sometimes. I make sure to source mine from a trusted herb shop- a place with herbalists and people who make medicine- not a corner store or something.

I'll followup with BFRD and offer words of caution on the kratom. He said enough, but in my opinion, it's not something to be taken lightly. Same with poppy tea or poppy seed tea.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1197 on: January 03, 2022, 05:14:53 PM »
thanks for the reply iusedtoskatemore!

i kept the spliffing from smoking cigarettes, i've been using tobacco that's allegedly without additives for years. actually smoking pure can be really harsh on the throat for me. spliffing makes it smoother, but of course waters down the flavor.

i usually go for a 50/50 mix or at least one third weed.

dumb point, but i've seen hella spliffing done in rap vids, even with blunts, so i don't feel too bad about it. we used to reserve pure blunts for special occasions, like birthdays and stuff, and would never spliff blunts.

most of all i want to stop keeping my nicotine addiction up that way. everytime i end up not having weed for a few days i end up smoking a few cigs at some point just because i crave that nicotine.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1198 on: January 03, 2022, 05:23:44 PM »
It was so cold out today that I said fuck it and just went home rather than skating the mile or so to the grocery store/dispensary strip. Moby Dick (I keep wanting to call it moldy dick for some reason) can wait until tomorrow.

They also have something called "special ops" which is apparently Alien Rock Candy x Bio diesel and bred specifically for vets suffering from PTSD which obviously is something that caught my eye. The grower has a pretty spotty reputation but it's cheap and supposedly potent (28% thc) so I might give it a shot.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1199 on: January 03, 2022, 05:35:07 PM »
It was so cold out today that I said fuck it and just went home rather than skating the mile or so to the grocery store/dispensary strip. Moby Dick (I keep wanting to call it moldy dick for some reason) can wait until tomorrow.

They also have something called "special ops" which is apparently Alien Rock Candy x Bio diesel and bred specifically for vets suffering from PTSD which obviously is something that caught my eye. The grower has a pretty spotty reputation but it's cheap and supposedly potent (28% thc) so I might give it a shot.
Total sidetrack here but I’m glad you’re able to help your PTSD in a healthy way.