Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 181777 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 03, 2022, 06:22:21 PM »
thanks for the reply iusedtoskatemore!

i kept the spliffing from smoking cigarettes, i've been using tobacco that's allegedly without additives for years. actually smoking pure can be really harsh on the throat for me. spliffing makes it smoother, but of course waters down the flavor.

i usually go for a 50/50 mix or at least one third weed.

dumb point, but i've seen hella spliffing done in rap vids, even with blunts, so i don't feel too bad about it. we used to reserve pure blunts for special occasions, like birthdays and stuff, and would never spliff blunts.

most of all i want to stop keeping my nicotine addiction up that way. everytime i end up not having weed for a few days i end up smoking a few cigs at some point just because i crave that nicotine.

right on! a friend of mine used lavender in her blends to get off the tobacco for awhile. not sure how it worked, but it's easy on the lungs
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #1201 on: January 04, 2022, 02:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
It was so cold out today that I said fuck it and just went home rather than skating the mile or so to the grocery store/dispensary strip. Moby Dick (I keep wanting to call it moldy dick for some reason) can wait until tomorrow.

They also have something called "special ops" which is apparently Alien Rock Candy x Bio diesel and bred specifically for vets suffering from PTSD which obviously is something that caught my eye. The grower has a pretty spotty reputation but it's cheap and supposedly potent (28% thc) so I might give it a shot.
[close]
Total sidetrack here but I’m glad you’re able to help your PTSD in a healthy way.

Just to clarify, I don't actually have a formal PTSD diagnosis, but VA addiction treatment and PTSD treatment are intertwined in a lot of ways so I've got a lot of friends who do and that's why it caught my eye. I've had some pretty fucked up traumatic shit happen but I don't really display the classic symptoms and my behavioral issues predated my military service, I just lacked the perspective and maturity to work on them in meaningful ways. I think one of the biggest assets Cannabis has as it pertains to that sort of thing is the ability to just sort of slow time down and let you breathe and gather your thoughts, and obviously the indica strains are going to be the best at that.

I'm not totally sold on this particular strain just because the ARC I had was pretty psychoactive and I'm not sure that's the best thing for a PTSD patient but if it expresses more of the bio-D side of the parents then it would probably be pretty effective.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1202 on: January 04, 2022, 03:01:03 PM »
Snagged some Moby Dick. It smells delish and looks good, so I'm rolling 2 joints and looking forward to giving it a proper tryout and review in the morning.

Edit-

https://imgur.com/a/LJj5D9x

This is considered the lowest of this growers 3 "grades" but the only difference between them is the THC%, so if it was 20.01% instead of 19.56% it would be $10 more. Such a stupid and fundamentally wrong message to send to patients. Anyways enough of me bitching about PA's shitty expensive pseudo-medical program. On to the budz...

Looks like she inherited the WW bud structure and color but with those big fluffy orange haze hairs and the trichs aren't as dense but bigger and under magnification most are milky so they actually let her mature instead of harvesting asap. Taste is crisp and citrusy, terpinoline dominates this terp profile so it's mostly what you taste but theres some floral notes under there too that I liked. Definitely potent. I attempted to smoke the second joint and made it about 4 hits before I tapped out. The high is very reminiscent of WW for me..up then down. You get a nice uplifting energy for about 20-30 minutes and then it levels off and the haze takes over and your keys, phone, and lighter all become hide n seek gods.

Overall I'm pretty impressed. This wasn't even necessarily grown well and it bopped me. If you're a fan of WW or just like crisp citrus-y strains like me then I think you'll love this.

Of course the day after I buy this guess what pops up on the menu?

Jack Herer! It's from a grower I've only tried once before but it was excellent (that Bananium from one of my first posts in this thread) so I may grab that in lieu of the special ops. The terp levels don't look amazing but I said the same thing about Lambs Breath and it blew me away so I'm hoping for the same.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 04:26:07 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1203 on: January 05, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »
Finally received my Animal Guavaz #7 and holy shit, it was worth the wait. The Romulan was perhaps crazier looking, but this one beats it in taste and high. Smells like sweet Zippo lighter oil and citrus. My entire appartment smells right now and it’s in a glass jar. Taste is sorta like a citrusy, floral IPA actually. I don’t get any gas on the taste which is nice, gas terps are way too in vogue these days.

Feels like a very balanced hybrid, high hits you fast right between the eyes. Good for listening to music after work, don’t feel too couchlocked yet.

One with flash, one without.
https://ibb.co/YQ8sxBc
https://ibb.co/SKTBrTF

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1204 on: January 05, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »
^

good looks

i agree about gas, i like how gas aroma enhances smell, don't like it when it also tastes a lot like gas.

got some mystery bud again. my buddy was like "it's not that nice, sry." are you shitting me, pretty sure this is some skunk #1. i mean i can see how the actual litterbox smell is offputting but it's pretty good stuff. well i'm sure it's some skunk cross at least. it doesn't smell as pungent or hard, doesn't stink up the whole crib, but otherwise smells and tastes like skunk.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1205 on: January 06, 2022, 01:03:21 AM »
I got the Jack Herer and it was the right choice.  This one's for you @Frank

https://imgur.com/a/VYCRMBd

These 2 buds alone weighed 3.5, but this is one of the "good guys" in our program who are more about meds than money so they threw about .2 of popcorn in as well, presumably to make up for the stem weight on the big honker.

It's not the strongest or best tasting Jack I've ever had, I like mine with a bit more pine, but it's not an unpleasant change. There's something really refreshing about smoking Jack, like when you've been skating in the sun for an hour and finally landed your trick and now you have a full bottle of ice water. You just hit it, smack your lips, and go "ahhhhhhh". Terpinoline first and foremost, with a bright citrus zing and some sweet musky florals underneath, and finally just a little hint of spice at the end is how my mouth perceives it.

Effects are exactly what they should be. I am fucking zooted and ready to rock and roll. Great energy, happy, feel harmonious and creative and I'm really enjoying music this morning.

Overall it's not perfectly grown or anything but the genetics really shine here and create an awesome experience. Its always nice to get a big fat 2-3g nug in your eighth too haha.

And that's a fact, Jack.

Pretty well stocked up now so I don't plan on grabbing anything for a few days unless there's a crazy deal or really special strain. I also snagged a new yocan vape for the goat and crown budders I have, but I got the plus size this time and it's almost too powerful. You have to take little sips if you want smooth, cool vapor but I'm hoping that as it ages and the coils and battery degrade it'll be closer to the smaller size ones.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1206 on: January 06, 2022, 02:00:06 AM »
Finally received my Animal Guavaz #7 and holy shit, it was worth the wait. The Romulan was perhaps crazier looking, but this one beats it in taste and high. Smells like sweet Zippo lighter oil and citrus. My entire appartment smells right now and it’s in a glass jar. Taste is sorta like a citrusy, floral IPA actually. I don’t get any gas on the taste which is nice, gas terps are way too in vogue these days.

Feels like a very balanced hybrid, high hits you fast right between the eyes. Good for listening to music after work, don’t feel too couchlocked yet.

One with flash, one without.
https://ibb.co/YQ8sxBc
https://ibb.co/SKTBrTF

Goddamn you get some nice stuff Boogs. I'm absolutely in agreement about gassy terps being too prevalent, especially in indica dom hybrids. I still enjoy certain strains like motor breath a lot but I'm pretty gassed out at the moment. Same with linalool (the lavender/vanilla one that makes you feel relaxed and happy), I don't mind it in flower but in high concentrations it makes me want to gag. My grandma used lavender shampoo so all I can think of is "I'm vaping shampoo" when I try ice cream cake or strains like that.

That skunky, hoppy IPA terp (humulene) is one I've been focusing on in my indica choices lately after noticing that it's pretty prominent in crown royale, gg4, and the afghanica landrace that one of our growers have (double Afghan chunk #37). It's really effective for relieving muscle tension for me, particularly tension headaches and post-skating soreness. It's also good for sleep, especially when combined with the right other terps (myrcene and bisabolol for me). I happen to like the taste too, so when it's really prominent it's a nice change of pace from the fuel/candy/OG strains that make up 95% of our menus.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1207 on: January 07, 2022, 06:22:42 AM »
Ok so I had a crazy scary experience last night where I either had severe flu that ran its course in 8 or so hours or really, really bad food poisoning. I couldn't keep anything down all night and I was puking and dry heaving so violently that I fucked up my back (I think I pulled a muscle or something).

5 AM rolls around and it's time for me to take my medication, one of which is a controlled narc so if I puke it up I'm fucked. Thankfully in between the waves of pain I was able to get some gg4 sugar loaded up and after hitting it a few times and doing a test run with some ice water I got all my meds down. Aside from calming the nausea and making me feel better, it's really helping out with whatever I did to my back too.

I genuinely don't know what I would have done a year ago in that situation.. I'd probably still be in the bathroom in a puddle of misery or have gone to the ER after puking up my meds. So, yet another situation where the medicinal properties of this beautiful flower come up huge for me. I don't really hear or think much about it as an antiemetic but it really worked and I wish I had tried it earlier in the ordeal.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1208 on: January 07, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »
Ok so I had a crazy scary experience last night where I either had severe flu that ran its course in 8 or so hours or really, really bad food poisoning. I couldn't keep anything down all night and I was puking and dry heaving so violently that I fucked up my back (I think I pulled a muscle or something).

5 AM rolls around and it's time for me to take my medication, one of which is a controlled narc so if I puke it up I'm fucked. Thankfully in between the waves of pain I was able to get some gg4 sugar loaded up and after hitting it a few times and doing a test run with some ice water I got all my meds down. Aside from calming the nausea and making me feel better, it's really helping out with whatever I did to my back too.

I genuinely don't know what I would have done a year ago in that situation.. I'd probably still be in the bathroom in a puddle of misery or have gone to the ER after puking up my meds. So, yet another situation where the medicinal properties of this beautiful flower come up huge for me. I don't really hear or think much about it as an antiemetic but it really worked and I wish I had tried it earlier in the ordeal.

Glad it worked out. There was a crew of people who were all coming off heavy doses of etizolam, like hellishly heavy, at the same time. Eating grams of raw bubble hash was the only thing that kept it in check. Those who didn't eat the hash went into full benzo w/d with psychosis and what not. Not trying to advocate CT benzo detox with only hash, but the hash seemed to be a game changer for sleep and appetite.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1209 on: January 08, 2022, 01:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Glad it worked out. There was a crew of people who were all coming off heavy doses of etizolam, like hellishly heavy, at the same time. Eating grams of raw bubble hash was the only thing that kept it in check. Those who didn't eat the hash went into full benzo w/d with psychosis and what not. Not trying to advocate CT benzo detox with only hash, but the hash seemed to be a game changer for sleep and appetite.

I actually buy that because I know weed has activity at the GABA receptors, so if its effectively pushing the same button it will really help with withdrawal. I'm guessing oral dosing probably gave it a really nice long window of effect too. I've never been a benzo or alcohol guy so thankfully I've never had to endure that hell personally but I see it fairly regularly at work and it's brutal.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1210 on: January 10, 2022, 08:24:48 PM »
Hypocrisy time. After all the shit I talk, I stopped at the dispensary today and after looking at the paper menu (their site was broken) I decided on.... A candy strain. First time I've seen this one, it's called Gummiez.

https://imgur.com/a/7LVkBA4

Its your quintessential modern candy strain. Complex, chaotic taste with a lot going on but overall it's kinda like a peppery gelato or birthday cake. It's pretty middle of the road in terms of energy but very potent and heady. The high can best be summed up as "holy shit I'm dumb and happy.. where the fuck did I put my phone."

There's a bunch of new places opening so everyone is upping their discounts and putting on promotions. One of the new places has 50% off your first order so I'm coming in hot tomorrow. Their menu isn't the best but there's enough interesting stuff that I'm probably going to load up on flower and carts.

soggydangler

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1211 on: January 11, 2022, 04:04:08 AM »
Anyone have recs for dispensaries in SF that carry good solventless, specifically quality dry sift and water hash? visiting for work at the end of the month and looking forward to sampling some hash that I don’t have to make myself haha. Not interested the $80/g 710 labs type shit either…thanks pals!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1212 on: January 11, 2022, 05:06:26 AM »
Hypocrisy time. After all the shit I talk, I stopped at the dispensary today and after looking at the paper menu (their site was broken) I decided on.... A candy strain. First time I've seen this one, it's called Gummiez.

https://imgur.com/a/7LVkBA4

Its your quintessential modern candy strain. Complex, chaotic taste with a lot going on but overall it's kinda like a peppery gelato or birthday cake. It's pretty middle of the road in terms of energy but very potent and heady. The high can best be summed up as "holy shit I'm dumb and happy.. where the fuck did I put my phone."

There's a bunch of new places opening so everyone is upping their discounts and putting on promotions. One of the new places has 50% off your first order so I'm coming in hot tomorrow. Their menu isn't the best but there's enough interesting stuff that I'm probably going to load up on flower and carts.

i love this phrasing as it is exactly how i feel about most candy strains. i couldn't even tell you what i'm tasting, but overall, most of them taste confusing, like one of those mystery sodas or juices whose flavors are called "tropical" and are azure colored or something. and many of them have some weird, gassy, butter aroma going that sometimes makes me think of popcorn or caramelized nuts.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1213 on: January 11, 2022, 05:20:17 AM »
Anyone got opinions on -

Citrus city OG (lemon OG x 213 OG)

MAC

Casey Jones

Root Beer Float (chem 91 x grape pie)

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

They also have a top shelf "cultivar collection" that has Banana OG, grapes n cream, and Lemon OG but I'm pretty OG'ed out.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1214 on: January 11, 2022, 05:40:12 AM »
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

They also have a top shelf "cultivar collection" that has Banana OG, grapes n cream, and Lemon OG but I'm pretty OG'ed out.

i had pineapple kush before, it was pretty good. didn't taste or smell too much like actual pineapple, or fruit, but . typical kush otherwise, maybe a bit more uplifting. not sure if we're talking about the same genetics here, as that can vary from grower to grower. i think there are a few crossings called pineapple kush out there.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1215 on: January 11, 2022, 06:29:23 AM »
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

MAC to me is the most overrated strain in the game, tried a bunch of different cuts from different growers. You want stuff that’s nothing special ? This is it.

Casey Jones is awesome, however I haven’t had it in ten years. Real giggly and silly high from what I remember. Reminded me of a low dose of mushrooms (just enough to get lots of giggles)

Had a few Root Beer strains, enjoyed them but not enough to buy more. I’ve seen Root Beer Float around here, never got around to trying that one specifically. RB strains have good taste but they always made me sleepy. With the liquorice-ish taste and high resin content, I think this would make an awesome hash.

Wedding Cake to me is super played out, everyone and their mother carries it here, I view it the same as MAC. Never had the Royal WC though, but I don’t tend to look for WC strains.. Only good Wedding Cake I’ve ever had was Frosted Fruit Cake (WC x Fruity Pebbles OG), and I fucking loved that one, but that’s probably because of the FPOG.

My grower friend is currently on his second round of testing on Thug Pug’s Banana OG, he says it’s all OG and no banana, however one of the very good OG’s he’s grown and smoked. FPOG remains the all-time best though.

Lemon OG I’ve had before, very lemony OG. Always love a lemony OG more than a gassy one. Could be awesome, could be bunk, depends on the grower.

I’m a sucker for good OG though.

Can’t help with the others.

This is just my opinion though, you may love the stuff I don’t.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:25:58 PM by TheBoognish »

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1216 on: January 11, 2022, 04:57:50 PM »
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

I'm buddies with an old timer who had a couple runs of MAC that were phenomenal. This guy however, grows the best dope I've ever smoked. 40+ years practice will do those things.

I've smoked some pineapple kush that was good and some that was meh. I like pineapple strains

I don't know about royal wedding cake, but you know the drill with WC. Not particularly interesting but does the job.

to be honest, I'm starting to look at the dessert strains how I used to look at Mr. Nice. Good weed, too popular, and not super interesting. God, I was so sick of the Mr. Nice and Purple Mr. Nice. 2012-2015 that shit was gangbusters. Literally tons of the "Purp" (anything purple) going around the states during that era was highly likely a Mr. Nice grown by the Hmong in Trinity Pines. easy to grow. chunky buds. mold resistant. purple. Jesus, I forgot about that shit until now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:31:32 PM by IusedToSkateMore »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1217 on: January 11, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

[close]

I'm buddies with an old timer who had a couple runs of MAC that were phenomenal. This guy however, grows the best dope I've ever smoked. 40+ years practice will do those things.

I've smoked some pineapple kush that was good and some that was meh. I like pineapple strains

I don't know about royal wedding cake, but you know the drill with WC. Not particularly interesting but does the job.

to be honest, I'm starting to look at the dessert strains how I used to look at Mr. Nice. Good weed, too popular, and not super interesting. God, I was so sick of the Mr. Nice and Purple Mr. Nice. 2012-2015 that shit was gangbusters. Literally tons of the "Purp" (anything purple) going around the states during that era was most definitely Mr. Nice grown by the Hmong in Trinity Pines. easy to grow. chunky buds. mold resistant. purple. Jesus, I forgot about that shit until now.

We used to get really good Mr Nice full melt here around 2011-2012. Apparently it was from the West Coast, I never did find out though. It was great as a full melt, got me real blasted and it sold out immediately, you had to be fast. Never had it in flower form though. I miss full melt, I think I'm going to go buy some tomorrow.

Those years brought us some really good strains in Quebec, stuff you don't see anymore.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Wedding Cake is nothing special.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1218 on: January 11, 2022, 07:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

[close]

to be honest, I'm starting to look at the dessert strains how I used to look at Mr. Nice. Good weed, too popular, and not super interesting. God, I was so sick of the Mr. Nice and Purple Mr. Nice. 2012-2015 that shit was gangbusters. Literally tons of the "Purp" (anything purple) going around the states during that era was most definitely Mr. Nice grown by the Hmong in Trinity Pines. easy to grow. chunky buds. mold resistant. purple. Jesus, I forgot about that shit until now.
[close]

We used to get really good Mr Nice full melt here around 2011-2012. Apparently it was from the West Coast, I never did find out though. It was great as a full melt, got me real blasted and it sold out immediately, you had to be fast. Never had it in flower form though. I miss full melt, I think I'm going to go buy some tomorrow.

Those years brought us some really good strains in Quebec, stuff you don't see anymore.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Wedding Cake is nothing special.

full melt and keif are very, very similar. A real cool way to collect full melt is to capture the trichs/crystals as the herb is hanging too dry. I learned this by accident, but if you are growing and drying your herb, if you're getting it nice and dry, pre-trimmed, it's inevitable that crystals are going to drop all over the place. so place a table or something similar under all the hanging plant matter and by the time it's dry you can scrape/brush the crystals right off. That shit is fire and requires no work. if you want to get a little extra, bump the drying herb with your hands while it hangs and watch the crystals fall.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2022, 11:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got opinions on -

MAC

Casey Jones

Pineapple kush

Brownie Scout

Royal Wedding Cake

[close]

i had pineapple kush before, it was pretty good. didn't taste or smell too much like actual pineapple, or fruit, but . typical kush otherwise, maybe a bit more uplifting. not sure if we're talking about the same genetics here, as that can vary from grower to grower. i think there are a few crossings called pineapple kush out there.

Yeah I definitely should have specified lineage with some of these haha.

Its supposedly the classic (OG Kush x Pineapple) version and it's from the most "premium" grower in our program so I would assume it's legit. The terps look decent but nothing special, I might try something else if I get something from that grower.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2022, 11:42:07 PM »
Boogs and iusedtoskatemore come through with the insight as usual.

I'm actually pretty on-board with both of you about MAC. It has serious genetic potential and I like a few crosses but I've had well-grown MAC exactly once in our program. It's almost always a letdown, but I've never tried this grower (and they're supposedly great) and it was the only thing that looked remotely my style.

Root Beer strains sound like exactly what I like in concentrates, so I'm grabbing a gram of live badder of that for sure now. There's also another dispensary that has RBF rosin but it's crazy expensive - $65 a half g. Really wanna try some medical rosin but not paying that.

Casey Jones is probably what I'm most excited about. As of right now this is the plan for flower -

Casey Jones
Pelirroja 42
Bubblegum (sorry Steve haha, it's small flower joint filler)
Critical Kush (high terpinoline cut)
MAC

and then we have this one "premium" grower that is like $70-75 an eighth.. I've never bought their flower because fuck that I've got a hard ceiling at 60 but they just released a cut of Golden Goat. So I have a conundrum.. It's my favorite strain from what's supposedly a great grower, but it's like 16% thc and lower terps than I'm used to so it's either going to be an amazing surprise like the lambs breath or, more likely, an expensive disappointment. Even at 50% off its still more than I usually pay for bud.

Edit: Just checked my mail and forgot I had ordered a new all-ceramic sprk refillable cart. I really wanna try it but don't have any liquidizer right now. I'm kinda limited to sauce syringes so I may wait until I can get some Lambs breath or something. Here's the vape/dab strains I have in the cart right now.

- purple Punch
- bubba lime (bubba kush x Island lime haze)
- Island sweet skunk
- sugar plum sunset (katsu bubba x pre-98 bubba)
- gg4
- bio jesus
- Durban Poison
- Jack's Cleaner (jack Herer x the cleaner)
- Rootbeer Float
- Petrol pine (myrcene heavy indica pheno of a MAC x Gelato cross)
- Grape ape

Also looks like some of my flower is sold out so I've revised it to Casey Jones, blue beach haze aka wet dream or the original blue dream, Pr 42, cherry AK, and maybe banana OG depending on the total.

If anyone has a horror story about these strains or just think they suck speak now or forever hold your glass piece.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 04:11:49 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1223 on: January 12, 2022, 09:05:15 AM »
Been working on my immunity for almost 20 years now.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1224 on: January 12, 2022, 10:08:57 AM »
so all i need to do is cover myself in budda and there's no chance i can get covid?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1225 on: January 12, 2022, 01:40:08 PM »

Dude I saw this headline earlier and just started cackling out loud like a madman... no wonder I haven't caught it despite spending 8 hours a day around active patients haha.

Just got back from blowing the rest of my Xmas bonus at the dispensary. Finally tally was 8 vape carts, 5 eighths of flower, and a gram of rootbeer diamond sauce that looks like it's gonna bomb me. Total price was $305 haha. Here's the flower strains

The grapes n cream was originally banana OG, but the budtender was remarking how similar our tastes were until she got to that and then she recommended the GnC and I'm happy she did. It's the same grower, so if it's fire I'll get the banana next time. I'll post pics in the morning when I'm rolling my joints. My back is messed up and I want to skate so I'm hoping the caryo and humulene content will make it easier.

The peli 42 is the most exciting to my nose, and not just because of the terpinoline content. There's a lot going on, it's got a spicy almost sour D like note to it that's got me nervously excited. Blue beach haze has a lot going on too. Sadly the Casey Jones is probably the least exciting scent-wise but maybe it smokes better. The cherry AK has massive myrcene content and looks really good, but I've been burned by this grower before so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Oh and @TheBoognish or whoever recommended the rootbeer float - thank you SO much. It's exactly what I like in a concentrate. They had it in a live resin diamond sauce, so I crushed up the biggest diamond and mixed it up with some sauce and then hit what was left on the stir tool with my nectar collector. Two hits in and I knew it was a winner, and now between that and a baby bong load of gapes n screams I'm like teenager high.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1226 on: January 12, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »
what a great excuse to not detox :D

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1227 on: January 13, 2022, 03:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sadly the Casey Jones is probably the least exciting scent-wise but maybe it smokes better.

Oh and @TheBoognish or whoever recommended the rootbeer float - thank you SO much. It's exactly what I like in a concentrate. They had it in a live resin diamond sauce, so I crushed up the biggest diamond and mixed it up with some sauce and then hit what was left on the stir tool with my nectar collector. Two hits in and I knew it was a winner, and now between that and a baby bong load of gapes n screams I'm like teenager high.

Bummer she doesn't looks all that special, but for me it was all about the high. Had it twice before: once in Amsterdam and once from my former weed guy (the best I ever had). I know it's next to impossible, but both were almost identical, if you told me they were the same cut from the same grower, I would have believed you.

Then again sativa's are rarely pretty and usually don't smell as much as hybrids and indicas, but trust me (Trainwreck x Thai) x East Coast Sour Diesel makes for a damn nice giggly buzz.

I'm glad you like the Root Beer, I always thought it'd make an awesome hash/extract. I'm a hybrid guy and the flowers simply made me super slow and sleepy, but for anyone looking for that kind of high, it's awesome. The taste was fucking awesome. Only concentrates I fuck with are bubble hash and imported hash as a treat, even if it isn't as strong.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1228 on: January 13, 2022, 05:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sadly the Casey Jones is probably the least exciting scent-wise but maybe it smokes better.

[close]

Bummer she doesn't looks all that special, but for me it was all about the high. Had it twice before: once in Amsterdam and once from my former weed guy (the best I ever had). I know it's next to impossible, but both were almost identical, if you told me they were the same cut from the same grower, I would have believed you.

Then again sativa's are rarely pretty and usually don't smell as much as hybrids and indicas, but trust me (Trainwreck x Thai) x East Coast Sour Diesel makes for a damn nice giggly buzz.

I'm glad you like the Root Beer, I always thought it'd make an awesome hash/extract. I'm a hybrid guy and the flowers simply made me super slow and sleepy, but for anyone looking for that kind of high, it's awesome. The taste was fucking awesome. Only concentrates I fuck with are bubble hash and imported hash as a treat, even if it isn't as strong.
That is very true for most people, but me as a (former) grower I just LOVE how sativas look, especially landraces like ACE gear with their rojo-line for example. They look more natural to me than in-bred hybrids these days, I think it’s the leaf-bud ratio. About smells, I don’t know the name of terpenes like you guys seems to do but whenever I smell parsnip/carrot I know it’s gonna be something for my likes. Also you can’t beat original C99 from Bros Grimm, that pineapple was something else than those pineapple strains they have now. About that Casey, I think it’s just bred correctly plus you got it from places where people know how to grow. I’ve grown exactly identical plants from seeds as they have pics on their catalogues, and the smell/taste/high was exactly like described, so yeah I think it possible to get identical toke from different places.

tl:dr I just love sativas (or Narrow Leaf Varietals (NLV) like they call them these days.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:13:56 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1229 on: January 13, 2022, 06:46:07 AM »
Heres the flowers I snatched up yesterday. Obviously haven't properly tried all of them yet but I nibbled on the grapes n cream yesterday and smoked a joint of the bbh/wet dream (blueberry x super silver haze) this morning.

https://imgur.com/a/wfzrHwx

The grapes n cream was surprisingly mild to start with then creeps into a nice strong neutral buzz. Taste was kind of your standard grape strain taste while the buzz was very similar to sundae driver. Well cured and looks nice, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

The Blue Beach Haze (I may refer to it as Wet Dream because that's what they originally called it and also because I'm immature) is the most pleasant surprise of the bunch. It's pretty, it smells great (think eating a mango on the beach), the trim and cure are on point, and it tastes just as good as it smells. The high is lovely. Super relaxed but not tired, head is a little cloudy, and I have a permanent big dumb smile on my face. This is the kind of stuff I used to get bombed on and then just wonder off in the woods because everything seems like a super fun adventure.

I'm going to try the Casey tomorrow morning (or maybe later today if I take a long nap). It's the same company as the BBH (albeit grown in a different place) so I'm hoping its another diamond in the rough.

And like you said, good sativas are rarely pretty. I'm hopeful the pelirroja 42 is yet another example of that, It's definitely got a face for radio haha. It smells like a mixture of golden goat and sour D with a little bit of a dank hops hiding in there. There's a lot going on. It wasn't very fresh and the grower uses plastic jars so I moved it to an old golden goat jar and I've got it rehydrating to 62% right now. I've had this before but it was really poorly grown and there were just enough terps to intrigue me, so I want to make sure it's at its best before I try it.

Edit: I never really post concentrate pics because they're usually boring but this stuff even looks tasty. Here's the Root beer float live resin sauce & diamonds.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:00:32 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »