Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 184016 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1230 on: January 13, 2022, 07:00:16 AM »
just a quick question if i get this right since i started reading all the packaging info:

thca turns into regular thc through curing or burning/smoking, right? probably simplified it...

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #1231 on: January 13, 2022, 07:10:05 AM »
just a quick question if i get this right since i started reading all the packaging info:

thca turns into regular thc through curing or burning/smoking, right? probably simplified it...

No you got it basically spot on (as usual)... The fancy science name for it is decarboxylation and its not just thc, other cannabinoids need it too. Basically cannabinoids occur in the plant in a form we can't really absorb, but when you heat it to a specific temperature the molecules release a carboxyl group and convert to a form our bodys can use. It's also why you have to heat weed in the oven to "activate" it if you're going to eat it.

The accepted formula for thc conversion is thca * .877, but obviously the bigger numbers look better to uninformed consumers so most growers will put thca on the label as long as the state allows it. Some of the dispensaries here have sites that auto-convert for you which is always nice - weed and math do not go together well for me haha.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1232 on: January 13, 2022, 07:20:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No you got it basically spot on (as usual)... The fancy science name for it is decarboxylation and its not just thc, other cannabinoids need it too. Basically cannabinoids occur in the plant in a form we can't really absorb, but when you heat it to a specific temperature the molecules release a carboxyl group and convert to a form our bodys can use. It's also why you have to heat weed in the oven to "activate" it if you're going to eat it.

The accepted formula for thc conversion is thca * .877, but obviously the bigger numbers look better to uninformed consumers so most growers will put thca on the label as long as the state allows it. Some of the dispensaries here have sites that auto-convert for you which is always nice - weed and math do not go together well for me haha.

ty :)

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2022, 08:22:02 AM »
Ol’ Boog got high as fuck last night.

I was at the grocery store close to my house yesterday and decided to check out the new weed store that just popped up. Now, I will always support the Legacy Market (black market) before the government-run legal market, but I felt like trying something new and didn’t feel like waiting 3-4 days for it to arrive by mail.

Seeing as it’s one of the few things I’ve never tried, I bought a can of THC/CBD oral spray. 5mg THC and 3mg CBD per spray. Haven’t done edibles in a while yet I used to regularly eat 100mg, so the guy at the counter suggested I take between 3 and 5 sprays to start off. “It’s deceptively strong and will sneak up on you if you’re not careful. You can always take more if needed” he said. “Yeah right”, I thought to myself.

Ego got the best of me and I went with 9 or 10 sprays. Let me tell you, I didn’t leave the couch for the entire evening. Never has 50mg gotten me this baked. The CBD was felt as well and was a real nice feeling. My eyes are still red this morning.

I also got a 3-gram piece of hash. I don’t fuck with most concentrates, but I have a soft spot for bubble and imported hash. This reminds me of the Morrocan/Afghan/Lebanese/Nepalese hash we used to get in the mid 2000’s. Didn’t taste as much but the effects were there, hash is such a nice high.

I’m real slow this morning.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:28:45 AM by TheBoognish »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2022, 01:17:14 PM »
Cereal milk sounds interesting, haven't seen it on any menus here yet.

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow tomorrow so I ran to the grocery store and checked the menu at the place across the street and lo and behold they restocked on crown royale carts! Both half and full gram! I only had a hundo in cash on me so I only got one, but I started talking with the cute weed nerd chick that works there and after a few minutes she said she would stack an extra discount if I wanted to grab an eighth of flower. So of course I said "do you have any golden goat?"

Well they did. It just wasn't my usual goat. I was trying my best to think handsome thoughts so I didn't really look at it when she was ringing me up. This is supposedly the best grower in the state according to a bunch of people who clearly don't know what the fuck they're talking about. It's like diet goat. Thankfully between her discount and my vet one it was only like $25. I'll honestly probably roll it all up and end up giving most of it away at the park.

No I didn't get her number. Yes I'm really fucking stupid. I need to get high enough to forget this entire thing happened.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1235 on: January 16, 2022, 04:03:32 AM »
Ok boogs I busted into the Casey Jones this morning. It definitely smokes better than it looks haha.

Taste is very interesting, it's like sweet citrus and floral at first and then a big whiff of spicy pine sap hits you right in the throat. It's different, I can't really decide if I like it or not yet.

I definitely like the effects. Super floaty, happy relaxed high but I don't feel dumb or foggy. Lots of myrcene usually makes me feel like that, but this has a lot of pinene that keeps things more energized and on task. It's potent as hell too, I only got halfway through my J and then I had to take a break and smoke a cig. I think this will be very useful if I want something that destroys anxiety without sedating me or turning my short term memory to dust.

Definitely a winner, I'm usually pretty ambivalent towards sativas and SDH that aren't in the tropical terpinoline/pinene style, but this is almost exactly what I want when I do go outside that bubble.

Its between this and the blue beach haze for my favorite so far. I'd say I prefer the effects of Casey but man the bbh just tastes fantastic.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1236 on: January 16, 2022, 06:55:33 AM »
^Great post Boog. I got higher than shit last night too. I got so high my eyelids were sticking together when I blinked. I copped some Headband OG yesterday,

Aw man I love me some Headband. Such a bummer it's not around here anymore. We had it for like one summer back in like '09 or '10, my boy had a plug in BC who grew some fire-ass Headband and we were the only ones with it. That was actually my introduction to OG Kush, it was all Purple and Hindu Kush here before. The Montreal Purple Kush was fucking legendary, smoked so much I got sick of it though.

I loved Headband so much I bought a QP all to myself and that's all I smoked for months and never got sick of it. That light pressure around your forehead (like a headband) was so unique, such a good high.

Same grower dude had bred the HeadCheese as well, Headband x Big Buddha Cheese. That was SO fucking good but I only had it once. I still remember it vividly and would pay lots of money to be able to smoke it again. If there was such a thing as perfect weed, it'd be the closest thing to it.

@Buttfart Rapedick

Glad you like the Casey Jones, it's a damn good head high. I just remember smoking it while watching Hot Tub Time Machine and Team America with my friend and laughing so hard I'd get a head rush from a lack of oxygen. Wish I could get my hands on it again.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1237 on: January 16, 2022, 07:39:44 AM »
i'd love to get some headband, genetics sound like i would love it.

i just smoked the last of some critical kush that was super good.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1238 on: January 17, 2022, 03:48:39 AM »
i'd love to get some headband, genetics sound like i would love it.

i just smoked the last of some critical kush that was super good.

We have a couple headband crosses here but I've never actually tried anything with it. We have 707 headband (sour D x OG kush x master kush) which just reappeared after a lengthy absence and then blueberry headband (bb x headband) which I've thought about trying but the terp profile seemed meh every time I looked at it. Like 1% total terps and 13% thc meh. I may scoop up the BB version if I ever see a good batch of it but Sour D genetics are always kind of a wild card for me. I either love it or, much like stardawg, it turns my brain into anxious mush haha.

Critical Kush is one I was looking at when I did my little shopping spree last week. I ultimately replaced it with cherry AK and I kind of wish I hadn't. It had a really nice looking terp profile that was extremely similar to some Tahoe OG (the really dark stuff you said looked up your alley Frank) that I had and enjoyed a little while back. Maybe next time.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1239 on: January 17, 2022, 04:09:03 AM »
It's a holiday and I'm snowed in so I wanted something that would wake me up a little but not necessarily be super motivating or energetic. I decided to go with Cherry AK because it's fairly strong (25% thc) and has a very straightforward terp profile - a bunch of myrcene, a bit of pinene, a touch of caryophellene, and basically nothing else.

I posted these pics before. It's your standard budget grower hydroponic mids. It has a weird cure, it's dry but kinda stuck together, like it was cooked or something. I wonder if they used one of those commercial dryers and just totally fucked it up or overloaded it or something.

The taste is basically what I expected. Kinda rough, not particularly pleasant but not bad. The high is very uncomplicated and fairly strong. It reminds me of good 90s mids but without the weird chemical headache. This stuff is kind of like cheap liquor or malt liquor - if your only goal is to get high its perfectly serviceable but boring and really inelegant. It's like a matador who knows he can't land the precise coup de grace so he pulls out a sledgehammer and does it like a farmer.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1240 on: January 18, 2022, 07:13:38 AM »
Tried to make my own carts today. Got impatient melting the concentrate down in my shitty little toaster oven so I pulled it out and started using my dab torch to melt it through the ceramic dab jar I was using.

Things are looking great, have a nice clear liquid with no bubbles and I've just added a few drops of the thinning oil I use and then BOOM. I must have bumped the table and swirled the oil or something and it just exploded everywhere. About half a gram of golden goat crumble gone. I wanted to cry. I nectar collected what I could off table and bigger pieces of glass but let that be a lesson...don't take shortcuts when you're working with glass/ceramics.

The worst part is that I did the exact same thing with the exact same type of jar about 3 months ago when I was experimenting with kief.

It was one of those stupid impatient stoner mistakes that would have been absolutely devastating back in the day - one of the ones you'd end up scraping disgusting resin off your bowl and hitting it until your head hurt too bad to keep going haha. Thank god I have a stash and a card now.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1241 on: January 19, 2022, 10:48:31 AM »
Went to snag a 1g crown royale cart after grocery shopping and dispensary girl said she'd hook it up again so I decided to give the "diet goat" grower another chance on her advice. They had a couple different strains including Jordan 23 (Hawaiian purple trainwreck x kush) but I ended up staying in my comfort zone and going with - big surprise here - a terpinoline heavy strain.

This one is called Honey and it's Sour Dub x Cherry Pie. Terps are interesting, the guy who bagged my order put a sticker over the label so I'll type it out.

Terpinoline - 1.01%
Myrcene - 0.31%
Limonene - 0.31%
Caryophellene - 0.19%
Beta pinene - 0.14%
Alpha pinene - 0.09%
Humulene - 0.08%
And then negligible amounts of linalool, ocimene etc.

Total terps - 2.45%

Thca - 20.56%
Thcv - 0.61%
Thc - 0.80%

Total THC - 18.82%

I smoked a few one-hitters of this on the way home. It was pretty dry but burned nicely and tasted excellent. I was already pretty lit on some Casey Jones so I can't give a really accurate assessment yet but everything seemed to be just as it should - a little energy boost and mental clarity to motivate me but with maybe a bit more sedation than I'm used to. I might just be tired though.. Overall its a good strain but I just don't get the hype about this grower - it's nothing special and it's fine for $40 but I'd be furious if I paid $75 (the retail price on this shit) for it. At that price it better grow a mouth and start sucking my dick.

Edit: gave it a proper morning fatty evaluation today... I was maybe a little off about the sedation, this morning it's a bright and crisp high that's a bit more intense and less euphoric than goat or LB and not as clear as Jack or durban. I can definitely feel the effects of the ECSD part of lineage in my inability to focus on anything for more than a moment. Overall it just feels like it's missing something. Not bad, but massively overpriced and overhyped.

Rolling a J of pine soul OG right now and it's super fresh and incredibly dank. It took me like a solid minute to get it ground and it's so sticky you can mold it like play-doh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 01:49:25 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1242 on: January 20, 2022, 02:24:22 AM »
Pine Soul pics

https://imgur.com/a/u0cO3NM

Second time I've bought something from this grower and had it be less than 2 weeks old. Their bud always looks great and is cured well but their strains range from my favorite hybrid in the program (blue agave) to the super silver haze that was so mediocre I still have 2 big buds of it and no desire to smoke them, but they have a lot more hits than misses. After doing a little more research this is indeed a pheno of Goji OG from Bodhi seeds.

Smell is exactly what the name implies - heavy heavy lemon and pine, with just a little bit of spicy kush hiding underneath. Taste is extremely lemon heavy on the inhale and then on the exhale it's like you're smoking one of those little tree air freshener as you're just overwhelmed with pine and a hint of soap. It's very simple, uncomplicated, and very nice and refreshing.

Effects are not exactly what I expected. They list this as a sativa but Goji I've had in the past that was a middle of the road classic OG stye high so I assumed this would be like that as well. Actually, so far it seems they're correct as it's very clear headed and energetic. Curious to see if that remains or it levels off like a normal OG since it's a very basic terp profile (which I really like).

Man. I'm really digging this strain so far. Just simple, well grown, old-school piney headies like you'd find at festivals and other hippie habitats back in the late 90's - early 00's. The taste is bringing back a flood of memories and the high is making me want to hit up my buddies and get a game of hackey sack going.

Edit: 2 hours later and no crash. Actually I'm still going strong energy wise despite a couple gg dabs to help with back pain. Super impressed with this strain, its like a good German pils... a robust experience from simple ingredients.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:20:17 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1243 on: January 22, 2022, 02:46:08 AM »

upload

I definitely back natures heritage products if I gotta get dispensary stuff . This brand has glass jars for flower instead of plastic bags and these carts are fire. The glass mouth piece is so nice and this particular strain is called Ebony and Ivory. 92.15 thc9. I usually RGB cart. Those are like 81%

Oh man I just looked up the genetics on that and it's apparently The White x a Nigerian landrace! Sounds super interesting, it's cool to see these African landrace sativas making their way to the market, I've tried a few congolese strains I enjoyed. They tend to be strong sativas but the terp profile is quite different from the south African strains that I love like durban.

Do they put the terpene profile on the label in Mass (I think that's where you're from)? I would be really interested to see it. There's a couple The White crosses here that I've really enjoyed and one of our growers just dropped White MAC (The white x miracle alien cookies) flower that looks really good.

I actually had white mac in my cart for next time I go shopping but yesterday one of my favorite growers dropped a fresh batch of Blue Agave (the menthol x orange acai) that's over 25% THC and has more terpinoline than usual. So there should be pics of that coming very soon, maybe today depending on the weather.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1244 on: January 22, 2022, 07:17:05 AM »
I'm really digging these sprays I bought at the legal dispensary. It's nice to give the ol' lungs a break once in a while.

I got high as fuck again last night on the sprays. Passed out watching Archive 81 and woke up on the couch at two in the morning with drool all over my pillow. I always over-do it when it comes to edibles.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1245 on: January 23, 2022, 02:27:58 AM »
I'm really digging these sprays I bought at the legal dispensary. It's nice to give the ol' lungs a break once in a while.

I got high as fuck again last night on the sprays. Passed out watching Archive 81 and woke up on the couch at two in the morning with drool all over my pillow. I always over-do it when it comes to edibles.

That's honestly one of my favorite things about weed. Those moments where you're laying there and still somewhat conscious but your eyes wouldn't open even if you wanted them to are like pure heaven to me. Any time I wake up with my vape pen on my chest and my 4 hour YouTube playlist totally complete I smile a little haha.

So I got to the dispensary yesterday and got my blue agave and walked out the door and looked down into my bag and it was the old batch. 6% less THC, about 40% less terps, and microseeded to boot. I did something I've never done before and turned around and returned it on the spot. I had a stoner moment and instead of asking for White MAC to replace it like I should have, I decided to get Jet Fuel Gelato again. Kind of glad I did though because the new batch is excellent as usual.

https://imgur.com/a/sebOaMn

Sorry for the shitty pics. It's a beautiful strain but the buds were smaller and machine trimmed so nothing special to look at this time. Modern candy strain and definitely tastes like it with a load of limonene but the high is more of a classic head buzz with a fair bit of euphoria from the gelato side of things. It has an almost psychedelic effect in high doses (sort of like sour D) alongside the sort of stupefying high I get from candy strains. Potent shit. I actually have to moderate myself with this strain.

And on the topic of getting cross-eyed high and passing out... I also picked up a new indica cart. I went with Blueberry Space Cake which I've had before and it was adequate but nothing special.... Not this time. I'm just going to post the terp label because it's quite honestly ludicrous

8.28% myrcene. Over 12% total terps. I genuinely took 3 hits and had to lay down. Obviously they're adding terps in but from the taste and what I've heard they're actually proper weed terps. Rumor is they're just coming out with some new isolated thc product so all the trim run concentrates get the terps pulled off then they add them into the carts. Pretty smart if that's what they're actually doing because between this and that durban cart I picked up a week or two ago they've put out 2 of the strongest carts I've had in a long time. For me Cresco is kind of like the coca cola of legal weed... They're giant, soulless, greedy, corporate weed personified but I can't deny that the product is usually pretty fucking good.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1246 on: January 23, 2022, 07:33:56 AM »
that's a lot of terps bro, damn. not only in total, but looks complex as fuck. sick.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1247 on: January 24, 2022, 02:19:24 AM »
that's a lot of terps bro, damn. not only in total, but looks complex as fuck. sick.

It is incredibly strong and fucking delicious to boot. Honestly one of the best carts I've had and I know it's not the strain because I've had it several times before. That being said, it's been a minute since I've had a myrcene dominant indica and they tend to make my head float away and drift off to sleep so it's a very pleasant experience. I'm still heavily using Crown Royale (blueberry x purple kush) for generally unwinding and sleep but if they keep this quality consistent I'm probably going to add it to the arsenal on a consistent basis.

One of our premium growers is in the midst of being bought out/re-branded, so there has been fire sales on their stuff all over the place lately. Yesterday was 50% off everything at one place so I ran over real quick after work but things were pretty picked over. I was hoping to get a batch of Golden Cobra (tangie x grape kush) since I really enjoyed the first one but it was all gone so I grabbed 2 that I thought I'd enjoy.

First up - viper cookies (gsc x viper city OG) which is basically what you'd expect from the lineage, it's a slightly more sedating and indica leaning GSC with OG potency. I've had it before and it was meh but this batch is very good. 2 good bong rips and I was giggly.

Then you'd think I'd learned my lesson last time but I wanted to try this grower's version of Super Lemon Haze. This stuff is straight crystal trichomes packed onto every surface. I opened the top and it fucking shimmered in the sunlight. It's very fragrant and smells so good you could sell it as air freshener. I ripped a short and fat joint of it and didn't get the overwhelming anxiety I got last time, so maybe this batch will be a little gentler on me.

https://imgur.com/a/XsRJdXn

Not a bad haul for $50

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1248 on: January 24, 2022, 03:56:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That's honestly one of my favorite things about weed. Those moments where you're laying there and still somewhat conscious but your eyes wouldn't open even if you wanted them to are like pure heaven to me. Any time I wake up with my vape pen on my chest and my 4 hour YouTube playlist totally complete I smile a little haha.

So I got to the dispensary yesterday and got my blue agave and walked out the door and looked down into my bag and it was the old batch. 6% less THC, about 40% less terps, and microseeded to boot. I did something I've never done before and turned around and returned it on the spot. I had a stoner moment and instead of asking for White MAC to replace it like I should have, I decided to get Jet Fuel Gelato again. Kind of glad I did though because the new batch is excellent as usual.

https://imgur.com/a/sebOaMn

Sorry for the shitty pics. It's a beautiful strain but the buds were smaller and machine trimmed so nothing special to look at this time. Modern candy strain and definitely tastes like it with a load of limonene but the high is more of a classic head buzz with a fair bit of euphoria from the gelato side of things. It has an almost psychedelic effect in high doses (sort of like sour D) alongside the sort of stupefying high I get from candy strains. Potent shit. I actually have to moderate myself with this strain.

And on the topic of getting cross-eyed high and passing out... I also picked up a new indica cart. I went with Blueberry Space Cake which I've had before and it was adequate but nothing special.... Not this time. I'm just going to post the terp label because it's quite honestly ludicrous

8.28% myrcene. Over 12% total terps. I genuinely took 3 hits and had to lay down. Obviously they're adding terps in but from the taste and what I've heard they're actually proper weed terps. Rumor is they're just coming out with some new isolated thc product so all the trim run concentrates get the terps pulled off then they add them into the carts. Pretty smart if that's what they're actually doing because between this and that durban cart I picked up a week or two ago they've put out 2 of the strongest carts I've had in a long time. For me Cresco is kind of like the coca cola of legal weed... They're giant, soulless, greedy, corporate weed personified but I can't deny that the product is usually pretty fucking good.
[close]

I’ll flick the label next time. Just cleaned my room.

Mass products sometimes have a digital label tho

Yeah I'd definitely be interested to see one of your menus, I wonder if we have any of the same companies operating. I know we have some overlap with Maryland, Illinois, NJ, and Ohio but I don't know much about the MA program. How much is a half gram live resin cart there?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1249 on: January 26, 2022, 05:18:03 AM »
https://dutchie.com/embedded-menu/goodblend-pittsburgh/product/choco-loco-flower

Anybody have experience with Chocolope? I've never tried the flower and there's a cross I'm interested in but I'm somewhat apprehensive. I've heard from some people that choco is a focused and motivated sativa like Jack Herer or durban poison, but I've heard from others that it's more psychedelic and cerebrally stimulating or leans more to the creative/abstract side (ala stardawg or sour D). The terp profile looks like it would be the former and thus right up my alley, but terps don't necessarily accurately predict effects in my experience and I already have jet fuel gelato if I want to stare at the ground and contemplate the human condition for an hour.

The super lemon haze did end up tweaking me out but only ever so slightly and it was definitely not helped by the fact I drank a lot of hot coffee on my commute just to try and stave off the cold. I definitely like this cut better than the last one but I might try mixing a little bit of pine soul and gnc to try and mimic the golden goat taste and if I'm lucky, effects. My area has a goat shortage right now, the only thing at any of the 5 or 6 dispensaries I go to is some of that weak mini flower so my rotation is missing one of its biggest and most important components. There isn't any durban or lambs breath either so that's kind of why I'm looking at stuff like choco loco and pelirroja 42 (which ended up being pretty bad, but I did get a couple nice viable seeds from it).

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2022, 05:29:30 AM »
https://dutchie.com/embedded-menu/goodblend-pittsburgh/product/choco-loco-flower

Anybody have experience with Chocolope? I've never tried the flower and there's a cross I'm interested in but I'm somewhat apprehensive. I've heard from some people that choco is a focused and motivated sativa like Jack Herer or durban poison, but I've heard from others that it's more psychedelic and cerebrally stimulating or leans more to the creative/abstract side (ala stardawg or sour D). The terp profile looks like it would be the former and thus right up my alley, but terps don't necessarily accurately predict effects in my experience and I already have jet fuel gelato if I want to stare at the ground and contemplate the human condition for an hour.

The super lemon haze did end up tweaking me out but only ever so slightly and it was definitely not helped by the fact I drank a lot of hot coffee on my commute just to try and stave off the cold. I definitely like this cut better than the last one but I might try mixing a little bit of pine soul and gnc to try and mimic the golden goat taste and if I'm lucky, effects. My area has a goat shortage right now, the only thing at any of the 5 or 6 dispensaries I go to is some of that weak mini flower so my rotation is missing one of its biggest and most important components. There isn't any durban or lambs breath either so that's kind of why I'm looking at stuff like choco loco and pelirroja 42 (which ended up being pretty bad, but I did get a couple nice viable seeds from it).

i had chocolope once. but i can't vouch that it was up to american growing standards. from what i could tell, it was pretty well grown. for me this was more of a settle down and game or make music herb. i'd say it was relaxing on the body and stimulating on the mind. but i can't be sure, since i had other strains i smoked at the time. i definitely don't remember it being unpleasant in terms of effects. wasn't knocked out of my socks, either. if i remember it right it tasted pretty earthy, but not herbal, more downright dirt/minerally, and slightly sweet and spicy. there might have also been hints of pine or fresh moss, but for me this was more like a smokable christmas muffin. maybe my mind played tricks on me because of the name?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2022, 08:42:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i had chocolope once. but i can't vouch that it was up to american growing standards. from what i could tell, it was pretty well grown. for me this was more of a settle down and game or make music herb. i'd say it was relaxing on the body and stimulating on the mind. but i can't be sure, since i had other strains i smoked at the time. i definitely don't remember it being unpleasant in terms of effects. wasn't knocked out of my socks, either. if i remember it right it tasted pretty earthy, but not herbal, more downright dirt/minerally, and slightly sweet and spicy. there might have also been hints of pine or fresh moss, but for me this was more like a smokable christmas muffin. maybe my mind played tricks on me because of the name?

You could be as right as anyone man, I have no idea haha. What you're describing fits with the terp profile I've seen for it... I just don't have much experience with the strain and its always nice to get feedback and input from you guys, it's all education for me.

I had to run to the grocery store and since it's stupidly cold (about - 10 Celsius) I took an Uber... And I figured since I was spending the money on an Uber, I might as well go to the dispensary. Different girl this time, but still got hooked up so I grabbed some late Xmas presents for my dad and some goodies for myself.

The lambs breath sauce is going into the ceramic cart for the old man since he got to smoke a lot of the real deal back in the 70s (he played soccer/lived with a couple Jamaican guys in college). I grabbed him a crown royale cart too. The lamb's breath sugar and Jack Herer flower are for me though haha. And since I know you're a big fan of that strain you'll be happy to hear that it's 2 big beautiful sticky buds and a little popcorn again. I'll snap some pics when I roll it up.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1252 on: January 26, 2022, 09:18:37 AM »
I fucking love Chocolope, however there isn’t as much around here as there was 2-3 years ago. I’d love to get my hands on some. I used to get it from Unknown Grower, a BC growing legend and the mastermind behind the Tangielope (tangie x chocolope), he hasn’t grown it in a while. His cut was SUPER legit.

Taste wise: Sweet taste, slightly chocolatey with  slight earthiness. Smells just like it tastes: super sweet, no gas and I don’t remember it being all that citrusy.

Strangely similar to old school Hashplant if you’ve had that before. I know they’re nothing alike but there are some similarities in terms of taste and smell.

As for the effects, she’s a special one. If grown right, it’s quite unique. At lower doses, she’s very energetic, speedy and giggly. At higher doses, she’ll have you lost in your own mind giggling to yourself. Haze strains (except straight Silver Haze) have this effect on me. This varies on how much you smoke though.

I also remember a slight pressure around my eyes/sinuses, imagine a super sativa kind of Headband, that’s what makes it unique in my opinion.

I don’t remember it being like Jack (creative) or Durban Poison (super speedy), it does have some similarities with Sour D but even then, she’s quite unique in my opinion. At high doses she even feels a bit like NYC Diesel or Amnesia Haze, straight-up lost in thought kinda high.

If I take a whole joint to the face it’ll have me stare at the wall, I usually smoke this through a pipe as it’s easier to dose, especially when hiking.

Frank is right in saying it’s good to kick back and game, listen to/make music. I fucking loved it for long music sessions with good headphones.

Again, I find the high to quite unique and would love to get my hands on legit Chocolope again. We just had too much of it at once I think, that’s why it’s harder to find now.

Really worth giving it a shot.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2022, 08:15:35 PM »
Thank you so much boog, you're the best. I actually was looking at tangielope as well, but its from a hit and miss grower so I settled on the choco loco. We rarely get straight choco flower, but it does show up occasionally from one of our better grow houses so I'm going to jump on it next time I see it.

I had it as a distillate cart but it was one of those ones that use botanical terps to try and "restore" the terps lost in the extraction and it comes out like artificially flavored candy. It's basically a cheap imitation - I can't even finish a crown royale distillate cart but I can't stop finishing the live resin version haha.

I actually was thinking from the terp profile that it would have kind of a haze feel to it. Ive traditionally been wary of haze strains since they can be overwhelming, but recent experiences with some of the more euphoric ones have kind of expanded my comfort zone in that regard. If I were going to classify strains as musical genres haze strains would be like that weird European electro industrial metal from the 90's - its really interesting and I occasionally love it but I have to be in the right mindset and environment or it's slightly disturbing. It sounds like legit chocolope is super euphoric which I think is key to enjoying those strains for me. I'm now intrigued and slightly exhilarated, like I just scored a date with the chick who keeps sucking until its soft again.

This lambs bread sauce is amazing. I hit the cart I made for my dad a couple times and it's just loaded with terps. I did hit the sugar a couple times with my nectar collector but it wasn't clean and I could still taste a lot of the glue (gg4, not airplane) I was going at pretty hard last time I used it. I'll give it a proper go-over in the morning.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1254 on: January 27, 2022, 03:47:08 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/lX2qVhg

Wrote a whole post and then refreshed and lost it. I forgot to take a terp label pic for @frank but I'll edit it in when I get a chance. Great Jack as usual, not a fan of the buzzcut but it's hard to get skilled trimmers in PA, especially in the dead of winter.

Also hit the Lambs bread sugar a couple times... It was a little weak terp-wise compared to the sauce cart I made, but I didn't stir it up so it might have separated out a bit. Either way, its lambs bread so instead of doing my chores like I intended I'm sitting here grooving out to Parliament with a big dumb smile on my face. Such a happy and relaxing strain.

There was a little bit of Golden goat left in my dab pen when I put the LB sugar in, so the first few hits were a mixture of the two and it tasted so fucking good. It got me thinking that I need to find a grower who specializes in these tropical sativas and maybe experiments with some crosses... I'd love to try LB x durban or LB x goat or Jack x Goat. Basically my fantasy is to have all the little things that make those strains special to me (the little sweet rotten flesh smell/taste from goat, the zen-like laser focus and physical energy from durb, the happy nature and fruity flavor of the LB etc) and somehow combine them into a frankensativa.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1255 on: January 27, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »
https://terpene-journey.multiscreensite.com/

This is where I been shopping because they got the glass carts.

They told me that people complain about the glass coil or whatever I don’t understand why.

They never clog and I think it’s better for the environment.

That's actually pretty sick, I like that you can sort by terp. There's a few menus like that here but none of the ones I go to do it. It looks like we have a couple companies in common, Rythm and Origyn operate here too. Rythm has some good stuff here, they're the ones with the Golden Goat that I love. I don't have any experience with origyn, it's one of the newer brands here. Looks like your prices are about the same as ours but you guys get more types of products than us. Kief, rosin, prerolls (no smoking in PA, legally you have to vape), edibles... We don't get any of that haha.

Glass coils are definitely better... All carts can clog but I've never noticed it happening more often with glass/ceramic ones. Even if they did, I think I'd still prefer it not having the weird metallic taste for the last third of the cart. If you ever get sauce syringes or want to make a cart from a concentrate the pckt ones are what I use

https://pcktvapor.com/products/sprk-ceramic-cartridge

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1416
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1256 on: January 27, 2022, 08:48:11 PM »
Expand Quote

They told me that people complain about the glass coil or whatever I don’t understand why.

[close]

That's actually pretty sick, I like that you can sort by terp. There's a few menus like that here but none of the ones I go to do it. It looks like we have a couple companies in common, Rythm and Origyn operate here too. Rythm has some good stuff here, they're the ones with the Golden Goat that I love. I don't have any experience with origyn, it's one of the newer brands here. Looks like your prices are about the same as ours but you guys get more types of products than us. Kief, rosin, prerolls (no smoking in PA, legally you have to vape), edibles... We don't get any of that haha.

Glass coils are definitely better... All carts can clog but I've never noticed it happening more often with glass/ceramic ones. Even if they did, I think I'd still prefer it not having the weird metallic taste for the last third of the cart. If you ever get sauce syringes or want to make a cart from a concentrate the pckt ones are what I use

holy smoking Moses. those prices are high as fuck. flower anyways... just gonna say for the massholes up in here, the folks, at least some of them, behind Commonwealth Alternative Care and InGoodHealth are scum.  :-X
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1257 on: January 27, 2022, 11:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

holy smoking Moses. those prices are high as fuck. flower anyways... just gonna say for the massholes up in here, the folks, at least some of them, behind Commonwealth Alternative Care and InGoodHealth are scum.  :-X

PA prices are about the same. If I didn't get 20% off everything, strategically hunt for sales/discounts I can stack, and have an unusual penchant for winning jackpots on online slot machines then it would be basically impossible to afford the shit I buy. Our top shelf flower is $65 most places (other than that one ridiculous grower that's sometimes $75) but thankfully as more dispensaries open the prices are coming down. We're starting to see $30 eighths but it's either mini buds or the crappy, dry shit that has been sitting on the shelf for months and they just want rid of.

Here's the menu for what I would consider my "home" dispensary

https://www.maitrimedicinals.com/pghmenu

Sadly price doesn't really align with quality either. Farmaceuticalrx are the clowns who think they should charge $75 because they use dirt, excuse me - "living soil", to grow their weed. They're also the ones with the weak ass goat. I think in total I've purchased 6 of their products total and 5 of them were hugely disappointing. The only good one was that "Honey" (sour dub x Cherry pie) flower and even that was nothing special, it just happened to be the exact type of terp profile I like.

Sadly a lot of the better flower here is still grown by the big national companies like rythm and cresco that were able to basically expand operations from other states rather than starting from the ground up like many of our GPs. There's some smaller companies that are starting to catch up, but if you don't do your homework it's shockingly common to pay $55 and end up with some shit that looks like your little brothers friend grew in his closet then trimmed in the dark.

I've got some cherry AK upstairs that I smoked one bowl of and put away because it's basically the same "good mids" that I used to get for $30 for on the street...and that was 20 years ago. Sadly as long as it says 27% thc on the label and "it all gets me high man" is the standard level of education shit like that will sell out all day while beautifully grown and harvested blueberry or lambs bread sits for months because it's "only" 15% and isn't called sugar booty black viper gas cake OG cookie milk.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:55:27 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1258 on: January 29, 2022, 06:55:29 PM »
Any of you northern pothead pals get sore lungs when you smoke a lot at this time of year? It's been below freezing (sometimes single digits) for the last few weeks and the humidity is around 20% most days so my entire body is dried out like a bud you found under the seat when you cleaned your car. Before anyone asks, no I don't think it's covid related. I've had this happen in the past, I'm vaxxed to the gills, I wear proper PPE at work, and I get tested anytime I so much as have a weird smelling fart. No other symptoms and I feel healthy as a hog other than the bad back, rolled ankle, messed up hip, perpetually broken toe etc.

I'm thinking of cutting back on how much flower I smoke. Obviously clouds of rich unfiltered smoke aren't the best thing for dry, sore tissue but do you think exclusively vaping would be any better? Only live resin carts with some crystalline extracts interspersed. No distillates or flavored carts or crazy solvents or anything.

@IusedToSkateMore I've been absolutely fucking up this Lamb's Bread sauce. It's so delicious, the sweet citrus and earthy funk really come out in the extraction and it ends up tasting like slightly rotten Sunny Delight. The high is still happy as shit and starts out energetic but it mellows out into more of a relaxed hybrid experience than the flower did. I don't know if that's down to it being flash frozen and not cured or the higher THC level or what. Its insanely cold out (I'm sure you've heard this from your peeps back home haha) and I can't skate so it's keeping my spirits up.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1416
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1259 on: January 29, 2022, 07:30:42 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

I'm stoked you're loving the LB. people over look it but everyone who gives it a shot falls in love. It's a strain that, for me, makes me remember why I fell in love with the ganja. I don't know anyone who currently grows it so I might actually hop over to the Satori weed shop and see if it's in stock.

Regarding the lungs, man, sorry you're feeling like some rug nugs that got lost after a phish show in 97. since I moved to this temperate rain forest where it's constantly wet, cool, and damp and there's mold everywhere, I'd had pretty intense lung congestion every year until I moved into this nice and warm, tight as a double knot and mold free house. I'd often stop blazing during the rainier season but after Covid fucked us up and the lungs got torn to shreds, I totally stopped and got into the candies. Figure out the right dose and the brand with the most consistent product and they'll keep ya going all day. It's like take a medicated capsule or something. I never really fucked with oils or pens
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty