Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 182350 times)

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1710 on: October 13, 2022, 01:55:43 PM »
Oh my god, I hate trimming. This is a herculean task and there are so many fucking dandelion seed fluffs stuck to the flowers it looks like they're full of hair and they're so hard to pick out. I should probably just wash it but that's a whole other step. At least I staggered out a lot of these cuts so I don't have to do it all at once.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #1711 on: October 13, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »
Oh my god, I hate trimming. This is a herculean task and there are so many fucking dandelion seed fluffs stuck to the flowers it looks like they're full of hair and they're so hard to pick out. I should probably just wash it but that's a whole other step. At least I staggered out a lot of these cuts so I don't have to do it all at once.

Tis the season haha.

Might be worth investing in one of those powered trimmers if you have a huge pile to do. Everyone I know that trims commercially uses some sort of assistance. Doing anything more than a plant or two with regular scissors makes my hand cramp up just thinking about it.

Bio Jesus looks like some fire, gassy + sweet strains over pure dessert flavour any day

Its actually not even a great batch of Bio Jesus, I've seen ones that are closer to 30% and 2-3% terps, but it's good enough to figure out if I like it. The body high is super strong, it feels like gravity is twice as strong as normal. Just a total crusher of a strain.

I tried the Apple Sundae and its exactly what I was expecting as well. Nice sweet afternoon hybrid, its definitely indica leaning but more of just general relaxation than the sedation from Bio Jesus. I didn't feel like I needed to take a nap and just chilled out for a while and read a book. Gonna be a good after work decompression med I think.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1712 on: October 14, 2022, 02:20:09 PM »

Yeah who woulda known it was so annoying. Its tedious and sucks. The end result is usually sick tho right? Its like Rodney Dangerfield said. "The best part of kids is making them."

Edit: I took a bud from the very first clip and put it in the grinder today and it was still harsh, I realize it isnt cured properly. It did however become perfectly burnt grey ash. When it cures hopefully Piss WIN!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 03:33:04 PM by Natas Fauxas »

caked

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1713 on: October 15, 2022, 07:53:21 AM »
hey friends!
glad to see some frosty weed on this thread.

I'm a sativa lover and always on the lookout for new strains, so I wanted to ask you lovely folks your favorite sativa strain?

I'm nearly out of a really great cut of Durban Poison and I will miss it. I'm wanting to re-up on some Mimosa soon but I don't see any mimosa on dispo menus right now. a bummer!

cheers all and enjoy your weekend!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1714 on: October 15, 2022, 12:39:24 PM »
hey friends!

I'm a sativa lover and always on the lookout for new strains, so I wanted to ask you lovely folks your favorite sativa strain?

I'm nearly out of a really great cut of Durban Poison and I will miss it. I'm wanting to re-up on some Mimosa soon but I don't see any mimosa on dispo menus right now. a bummer!

Ohhh a man after my own heart! There's probably 10,000 words written in this thread about my love of Durban Poison. Those dirty sticky little golfballs are one of my 3 go-to sativas. There's a corporate weed company here in PA (Cresco) that actually has a really great DP. It's got this delicious black licorice note hidden under all the citrus and pine that I can't get enough of.  I've had multiple batches that were over 5% total terps with almost half of that being terpinoline. Its incredible, you wouldn't believe weed could taste that good. The last few batches have been mediocre comparatively but even so-so durbz is better than 98% of the PA med program.

My other 2 go-to sativas are Jack Herer and Golden Goat. All 3 are terpinoline dominant so there's a similar citrusy character between them but they're still very different. The best Jack is fruity and sweet and gives me a really happy and creative high but isn't super motivating. Goat gives me a more energetic and motivating high that's similar to Durban Poison, except a bit more gentle and happy and doesn't have the crash I sometimes get with DP.

Trainwreck is another classic sativa in that vein which I really enjoy. Also purple trainwreck and the "Pineapple Express" that's trainwreck x Hawaiian (thanks to the popularity of the movie there's multiple strains called that with different genetics) are excellent but will lean slightly more towards the hybrid side more than just straight Trainwreck. Umm let's see what else... Moby Dick is probably good when properly grown. Island Sweet skunk is an old fav, Lemon Sweet Skunk too... really any of those skunky tropical sativas. Kali mist is quite good too. Moonshine and ghost train haze as well as some super silver hazes and super lemon hazes can be really nice sativas but they spike my anxiety sometimes.

But yeah I would say if you haven't already tried the Goat that's where I'd start. Some cuts can be really funky but the best ones will have a distinct lemon-lime soda smell and taste and just a hint of rotting flesh which sounds gross but is actually kinda nice.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1715 on: October 15, 2022, 01:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah who woulda known it was so annoying. Its tedious and sucks. The end result is usually sick tho right? Its like Rodney Dangerfield said. "The best part of kids is making them."

Edit: I took a bud from the very first clip and put it in the grinder today and it was still harsh, I realize it isnt cured properly. It did however become perfectly burnt grey ash. When it cures hopefully Piss WIN!

I spent some good hours trimming a few quart jars full then this crazy bitch dumped them all over the floor, stomped on the buds and smashed one the jars among the smushed flowers. Mind you this was after attempting to destroy 14 of the plants I had left outside finishing. Fun 3 am emergency salvage session. I really wanted to stagger the harvest as to not get overwhelmed with solo trimming but now I just want to give up.

Tried some of the purple Congo and it's pretty damn potent. Grape Kool aid fuel type taste.

Speaking of Durban Poison, I grew an interesting cross called Purple Durban last year and had weird phenos ranging from anise/gassy to straight up smelling like rubber and chemicals. I only grow organic soil too so not like I influenced them with crazy nutrients.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1716 on: October 15, 2022, 06:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I spent some good hours trimming a few quart jars full then this crazy bitch dumped them all over the floor, stomped on the buds and smashed one the jars among the smushed flowers. Mind you this was after attempting to destroy 14 of the plants I had left outside finishing. Fun 3 am emergency salvage session. I really wanted to stagger the harvest as to not get overwhelmed with solo trimming but now I just want to give up.

Tried some of the purple Congo and it's pretty damn potent. Grape Kool aid fuel type taste.

Speaking of Durban Poison, I grew an interesting cross called Purple Durban last year and had weird phenos ranging from anise/gassy to straight up smelling like rubber and chemicals. I only grow organic soil too so not like I influenced them with crazy nutrients.

trimming does suck and is probably worse alone than in a scene with music, food, and drugs/alcohol  :o :o i trimmed like an elbow when i first went west and figured there were far better ways to make things work than that... But in my former managerial opinion, the scissors you're using makes a difference. chickamasa curved blade and some spring loaded fiskars make it easier. 3 pairs of each, minimum. isopropyl soak and wipe on your shirt cleans em better and faster than coconut oil. you got a trim bin with a keif catcher? they're like $20 and keep things neat and tidy and allow whoevers trimming to save the keif. if you're really into the keif, hang some cut open contractor bags or just plastic sheets under the plants as they're hanging to dry, give em a shake every now and again. maaaaad keif...

I used to kick it with this chick who trimmed 4-5lbs a day from august-december every year. at $150-200/lb, that's a wicked fat stack and more than most farm workers were taking in for sure. she was driving around in a beat up Previa with her loot in leather satchel the winter before covid. Issy was a dream chick  ;)

gone are the days of months long trim scenes  ::) where i live up until a few years ago, every fall there'd be 1000s of people here just to work harvest, mostly trimming. people from all over the world, traveling hippies and hoboes and shit. all types mingling from all over the place, everybody high as fuck from trimming and ingesting hash for months on end, pockets full of loot when they come to town and living large. it was truly an interesting era
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1717 on: October 15, 2022, 06:43:14 PM »
lol I have both a pair of curved chickamasa headshop import cheapies and some real resin-resistant chickamasa slightly angled pruners and I prefer the lighter non-spring loaded ones but the curved sharp point on the cheap ones reaches better. I guess I should look for a pair of legit curved tip japanese legit chickamasa sans spring because the spring is kind of exhausting honestly. I do have a trim bin thing too. I've been through this a few times, just too much going on in life right now and don't have the motivation after my first efforts got stomped on a covered in tiny shards of glass. I used to put on a show I was familiar with to binge through but I can't ever really watch it so just podcast type media now. Choice nine club or the bunt episodes will guide me through this.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1718 on: October 15, 2022, 07:24:28 PM »
lol I have both a pair of curved chickamasa headshop import cheapies and some real resin-resistant chickamasa slightly angled pruners and I prefer the lighter non-spring loaded ones but the curved sharp point on the cheap ones reaches better. I guess I should look for a pair of legit curved tip japanese legit chickamasa sans spring because the spring is kind of exhausting honestly. I do have a trim bin thing too. I've been through this a few times, just too much going on in life right now and don't have the motivation after my first efforts got stomped on a covered in tiny shards of glass. I used to put on a show I was familiar with to binge through but I can't ever really watch it so just podcast type media now. Choice nine club or the bunt episodes will guide me through this.

no doubt. wasn't trying to tell ya how to roll on your jam. just thinking on it. If it's a crazy point and hard to get shit done, I don't know if you've ever just stashed your shit for later, but once it's dry to the point where the stalk/stems no longer fold but snap, it can be stored in a dry, dark place without being trimmed for a pretty long time (like a year or more) without degrading anything, losing color, etc. black/yellow top costco totes can hold a few elbows of untrimmed, on the stalk work.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1719 on: October 15, 2022, 09:46:10 PM »
Started dabbing again after 2 nights of fucking miserable insomnia. I held onto my rig from college so I just had to buy a new dabbing tool and torch.

It’s crazy how much oil has changed since I last dabbed like 3 years ago. Got some crazy good solventless shit, put me right to sleep

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1720 on: October 16, 2022, 01:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no doubt. wasn't trying to tell ya how to roll on your jam. just thinking on it. If it's a crazy point and hard to get shit done, I don't know if you've ever just stashed your shit for later, but once it's dry to the point where the stalk/stems no longer fold but snap, it can be stored in a dry, dark place without being trimmed for a pretty long time (like a year or more) without degrading anything, losing color, etc. black/yellow top costco totes can hold a few elbows of untrimmed, on the stalk work.

Oh for sure. I'm just stressing over mad shit right now. I appreciate your post and liked the stories too. That's a good idea with the totes. I probably only have a couple lbs at most and only a very small percentage is dry enough to start working so I was just going to hack it into freezer zips for the time being and leave them in my drying room.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1721 on: October 16, 2022, 01:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh for sure. I'm just stressing over mad shit right now. I appreciate your post and liked the stories too. That's a good idea with the totes. I probably only have a couple lbs at most and only a very small percentage is dry enough to start working so I was just going to hack it into freezer zips for the time being and leave them in my drying room.

Right on, brotha. Added stress at harvest always seems to happen lol. Good luck

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1722 on: October 17, 2022, 02:20:15 AM »

I firmly believe that Durban Poison still has untapped potential... It's a shame that so many people still only know of it as a parent of GSC (and many of its imitators) because its far better than any candy strain in my opinion. The diversity of terps and effects I've had with various crosses and phenos is something I've definitely noticed as well. That anise note is really unique and something you don't find a ton of strains, and I've had some batches so loaded with ocimene that it would actually clear your sinuses just from sniffing the jar. It was almost like smelling salts. There's a pheno from one of the growers here just listed as unknown durban as well as durban 5. Those lean more towards earthy or chemmy, I'm not the biggest fan of them but there's a cross that I really liked using the unknown durban pheno.

My favorite is the classic ugly, tall, thin leaf but dense buds, sticky as fuck, round chunky nug type that's heavily citrus and pine tasting pheno though. Several of our growers cross it with the white or something like that, presumably to try and make it more manageable indoors, which I find kinda "washes out" some of the terps and makes it a less complex but still enjoyable strain.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1723 on: October 18, 2022, 01:19:00 AM »

Since the moldy dick and JTR x Pineapple x Cindy were disappointments I still need a sativa to get me going in the morning. Goat is sold out unless I want to trek out to the suburbs, the new durban poison batch is shit (1.3% total terps...I've had batches with 2.3% of just terpinoline), and the other 2 strains I've been looking at (Lemon Meringue and Norton x Trainwreck) looked like pretty shitty batches too so I decided to go back to the Jack. This batch is from a different grower, their pheno has a little more spice to it than the one I usually get but they're both really good fruity, skunky cuts. This one is around 22% total thc after decarb calculations which is at the higher end for this pheno. Usually its around 17-20. Good terps, I've got high hopes for this one.

Started dabbing again after 2 nights of fucking miserable insomnia. I held onto my rig from college so I just had to buy a new dabbing tool and torch.

It’s crazy how much oil has changed since I last dabbed like 3 years ago. Got some crazy good solventless shit, put me right to sleep

While there's no substitute for a good properly set up glass rig, for convenience I mostly use battery powered pen type devices. I'm a big fan of the boundless terp pen.. For a $20 nectar collector it's held up for over a year and I'm tough on gear (I've gone through 6 yocan/puffco pens). I just clean it real good with alcohol every few days and order new coils every 6 months or so and it gives convenient and tasty dabs.

Solventless looks like the future for me. The taste is unbeatable and it just feels more like flower. My current dab of choice is Blueberry Muffin live hash rosin (made from bubble hash), if you keep it cold and fresh it's some of the tastiest shit I've ever had. Its expensive but totally worth it. I'll take a pic next time I get it out of the fridge.

I also have a traditionally extracted Sweet Tooth live budder that's super tasty.

So yeah, if you ever get a chance to try any Blueberry Muffin live extracts I would say that's my number one choice at the moment. What strains are you dabbing?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1724 on: October 19, 2022, 05:32:05 AM »
Ok yeah this is some bangin Jack. It's suuuuper skunky when you burn it, like my roaches smell like roadkill. There's one across the room inside a plastic jar and I can still smell it. A little more energetic and clear headed than the usual stuff. I've also noticed some inflammation/pain relief with this batch (knees/back/hips feel like they've loosened up) , which is something I don't typically get from Jack. Digging it for sure, if you ever have a chance to try a flower with a similar terp profile I would highly recommend it for a pre-skate smoke.

Does anyone else who rolls a lot of joints ever mix strains? I do this with stuff that I have like one or two little nugs left of and it usually sucks but occasionally you get a good one. Garlic Cookies + LA biker was one I thought would be really good but was pretty shit. One I stumbled upon recently that I really dig is bubblegum + apple sundae. It's basically just a sweeter apple sundae taste and they blend well since both are myrcene dominant. The result is a very happy head high from the bubblegum combined with a moderately strong body buzz from the apple sundae.

caked

« Reply #1725 on: October 21, 2022, 08:19:23 AM »
Expand Quote
hey friends!

[close]

Ohhh a man after my own heart! There's probably 10,000 words written in this thread about my love of Durban Poison. Those dirty sticky little golfballs are one of my 3 go-to sativas. There's a corporate weed company here in PA (Cresco) that actually has a really great DP. It's got this delicious black licorice note hidden under all the citrus and pine that I can't get enough of.  I've had multiple batches that were over 5% total terps with almost half of that being terpinoline. Its incredible, you wouldn't believe weed could taste that good. The last few batches have been mediocre comparatively but even so-so durbz is better than 98% of the PA med program.

My other 2 go-to sativas are Jack Herer and Golden Goat. All 3 are terpinoline dominant so there's a similar citrusy character between them but they're still very different. The best Jack is fruity and sweet and gives me a really happy and creative high but isn't super motivating. Goat gives me a more energetic and motivating high that's similar to Durban Poison, except a bit more gentle and happy and doesn't have the crash I sometimes get with DP.

Trainwreck is another classic sativa in that vein which I really enjoy. Also purple trainwreck and the "Pineapple Express" that's trainwreck x Hawaiian (thanks to the popularity of the movie there's multiple strains called that with different genetics) are excellent but will lean slightly more towards the hybrid side more than just straight Trainwreck. Umm let's see what else... Moby Dick is probably good when properly grown. Island Sweet skunk is an old fav, Lemon Sweet Skunk too... really any of those skunky tropical sativas. Kali mist is quite good too. Moonshine and ghost train haze as well as some super silver hazes and super lemon hazes can be really nice sativas but they spike my anxiety sometimes.

But yeah I would say if you haven't already tried the Goat that's where I'd start. Some cuts can be really funky but the best ones will have a distinct lemon-lime soda smell and taste and just a hint of rotting flesh which sounds gross but is actually kinda nice.

Just finished off the last of the DP for my daytime vape yesterday. I'm so glad you mentioned black licorice bc that is the flavor I've been trying to identify in this batch of DP! It's spicy tasting, with some notes of ginger. It's so tasty. Bummed I'm out of it.

Puffing on some Tropicana Cookies right now. the taste on this strain is one of the most interesting I've ever come across. there's an earthy, flowery, almost wood-like taste to my first few hits on low temps. I can't put my finger on it but maybe it's the myrcene coming through. A nice and gentle happy high, with some uplift. A nice morning sesh with some coffee.

I have never had Jack Herer or Golden Goat so will definitely keep an eye out for those! Only had some haze in Amsterdam, don't see it often here.

Cresco is present in IL and MI, but people really dislike corpo weed so I've tried to buy from other brands. Apparently they have some great sativa offerings in IL though.

I got my hands on 3g of live resin and 2g of some nice hash rosin so I've been dabbing more the past few weeks. I forgot how fun the ritual and the high is. Trying not to dab daily but the world sucks and rosin is fucking great so it's been hard to moderate lol.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1726 on: October 21, 2022, 08:35:02 AM »

Does anyone else who rolls a lot of joints ever mix strains?
Yes fam love a mixed zoot, especially when it’s a sativa mixed with a Indica, always gets me super fried haha. Even better is weed mixed with hash imo

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1727 on: October 21, 2022, 04:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes fam love a mixed zoot, especially when it’s a sativa mixed with a Indica, always gets me super fried haha. Even better is weed mixed with hash imo

yeah, same here. sometimes you'll find nice blends that taste and work well together. sometimes a mix of two mid weeds can make an actual nice one. since i don't have access to many different strains, i sometimes have to go with mids that i spice up with some actual really good weed i kept.

hash blend gives a really nice high, but i don't enjoy smoking hash a lot. i like how it smells when it burns, but i'm not too much into the taste.

i avoid haze strains usually, but they are good to spice up weaker weed or strains that make you too sleepy. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1728 on: October 22, 2022, 12:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey friends!

[close]

[close]

Just finished off the last of the DP for my daytime vape yesterday. I'm so glad you mentioned black licorice bc that is the flavor I've been trying to identify in this batch of DP! It's spicy tasting, with some notes of ginger. It's so tasty. Bummed I'm out of it.

Puffing on some Tropicana Cookies right now. the taste on this strain is one of the most interesting I've ever come across. there's an earthy, flowery, almost wood-like taste to my first few hits on low temps. I can't put my finger on it but maybe it's the myrcene coming through. A nice and gentle happy high, with some uplift. A nice morning sesh with some coffee.

I have never had Jack Herer or Golden Goat so will definitely keep an eye out for those! Only had some haze in Amsterdam, don't see it often here.

Cresco is present in IL and MI, but people really dislike corpo weed so I've tried to buy from other brands. Apparently they have some great sativa offerings in IL though.

I got my hands on 3g of live resin and 2g of some nice hash rosin so I've been dabbing more the past few weeks. I forgot how fun the ritual and the high is. Trying not to dab daily but the world sucks and rosin is fucking great so it's been hard to moderate lol.

Totally understand the difficulty in moderating when you have good rosin. I've been trying to pace myself so I don't buy out the entire stock of blueberry muffin before they get a chance to make more haha.

Cresco and GTI/rythm definitely have me conflicted sometimes because they're so corporate but here in PA they partnered with some of the best growers in the state. I guess given the fact its essentially a different operation in each state, what we get might be very different to what you get there too, like I guess Gleaf is really good in other states but their growers here are total fuck up laughingstocks. Actually believe it or not you can trace almost all of this back to an eighth of Crescendo I bought at a RISE dispensary in Effingham on the way to visit family in MO. That was the first time I had smoked medical grade bud in years and it basically reignited a lost love of the plant and opened my eyes to what it could do for me at this stage in my life.

I know IL Cresco gets Rollins which is one I reallllllllly want to try. We have a cross I really enjoy called Chaos Kush that's (Rollins x Sugar Daddy) and the taste comes mostly from the Rollins. They might get the Durban cut I like too, but im not sure how good it is there. Not sure if you're into indicas but the cresco gg4 is my post skate soreness wonder drug also. The flower is good but the carts on the lowest battery level you can manage is the best way to enjoy it in terms of taste.

Trop cookies I've never had in flower. I did have a cart of it but it was a shitty grower and I don't think I even finished it because they fucked the extraction up and it kept clogging the cheap carts they use. From what I recall it was a very pleasant, mood elevating hybrid but I don't really remember the taste, probably as a result of the shitty cart haha.

Expand Quote

[close]

I actually don't like mixing good hash with flower. If it's just like kief from a bunch of different shit thrown together then yeah whatever, but if it's like single strain bubble then I really want to enjoy it on its own. Unlike Frank (for once), I really enjoy the taste of hash. It has such a unique, aged floral taste and it hits me maybe harder than anything else.

Actually, thinking about it now I might be getting close to having enough kief to make a ball of shoe hash. Sadly (for this purpose), a lot of the bud I've been getting for the past few months has been fresh and sticky and doesn't give up its kief easily, so I don't think it'll be a very big one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1729 on: October 24, 2022, 01:27:42 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/iYog7mq

Bud from the grower I hate but buy from fairly regularly because they grow good shit. Second batch I've had of this flower. Its (Kali Jack x PT Starqueen)... PT Starqueen is an in-house cross of pootie tang and stardawg with the African Thai I've posted here a couple times. They seem to mostly use it to push potency and yield up.

Anyways, really nice stuff. Very similar to Jack or a fruitier Kali Mist. Non flash pic so you can see the actual color better, but the flash ones show the big fat trichs that it's caked in.

Speaking of trichomes... Unfortunately they're sold out of all blueberry muffin stuff so I decided to try a different strain of bubble hash this time and figured Apple Sundae would be a safe bet. I took some magnified pics using my loupe, it's a lot of stalks so I'm guessing this was maybe a trim run but it's still pretty good. Better than shoe hash at least. I've noticed this stuff gets sweeter and less tart as it gets older, so this ends up tasting almost like hashy apple cider. It's perfect for this time of year. Not the most euphoric or inspiring strain, but a solid body buzz and relaxation.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1730 on: October 29, 2022, 08:32:55 AM »
MAC n Cheese. The MAC/Mac 1 crossed with Alien Cheese. Haven't seen this in a minute and I'm stoked because it's a solid batch and I got the quarter for $40.

One of my favorite smelling strains with a super interesting terp profile - heavy terpinoline but lots going on underneath. Musky, creamy, fruity, and a little earthy, it's almost like a fruitier and creamier golden goat. Doesn't really look special, but it sure smells it.

High is a really pleasant hybrid effect. Relaxed but focused. I would call it maybe a little sativa leaning but it's pretty balanced.

https://imgur.com/a/3MxSpgQ

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1731 on: November 05, 2022, 09:49:19 AM »
Looking for recommendations on quartz bangers. I’ve had the same one for 6+ years and I think it’s time to replace it. I was looking at some a homie makes carb caps for and they’re like 400 dollars or something, which is way out of my price range. I’m thinking in the neighborhood of 100-200$ would be acceptable for me

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1732 on: November 05, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
Looking for recommendations on quartz bangers. I’ve had the same one for 6+ years and I think it’s time to replace it. I was looking at some a homie makes carb caps for and they’re like 400 dollars or something, which is way out of my price range. I’m thinking in the neighborhood of 100-200$ would be acceptable for me

If you're not looking for anything special you can get a decent quality one for like $50 at most head shops around here. I just use the cheap mass produced clear ones since I tend to lose or break shit so I can't really point you in the direction of any enthusiast grade stuff. One thing I did see that I found interesting was the ones with color changing sand in the bottom... As it heats up the sand changes color and supposedly after a little trial and error you learn the perfect color/temperature for your dabs. Pretty cool idea, but I have no idea how it affects durability or efficiency or whatever.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1733 on: November 09, 2022, 08:13:37 AM »
So I finally got around to trying the rosin carts. I wanted to wait for a strain I was familiar with so I could really evaluate them. FloraCal is cresco's rosin brand, so I've had both these strains in multiple forms.

First the nerd stuff, instead of a standard hydrocarbon extraction process rosin products are made with nothing but heat and pressure. The basic process is you use ice water to make high quality hash, then press that between heated plates and parchment paper which results in a honey-like goo loaded with terpenes and cannabinoids and typically a similar potency to other extracts.

Super happy with the effects. It legitimately feels just like flower, which I guess makes sense given its basically liquid weed.

The CK I've posted a bunch of times, but it's Sugar Daddy x Rollins, lots of terpinoline and myrcene make it absolutely delish and the effects are slightly sativa leaning but mostly just a chilled out, slightly spacey hybrid. It's got a little bit of a trainwreck quality to it... High doses can get a little out there but not in an unpleasant way. The usual LLR carts I've had in the past were underwhelming, so much so that I only bought 2 and then made it a "flower only" strain, but the rosin ones are spot on.

Mint face off - this is Face Off OG x Kush Mints. Another one that I was a bit underwhelmed when I tried the normal carts, but these rosin ones is built different. Strong indica is an understatement. You get the potent relaxation (both mind and body) from the Kush Mints, but it's also got that signature, slightly out of focus vision, shits a bit weird but it's all good, what the fuck where did my keys go I just had them? effect from the Face Off. Put the two together and you end up in bed confused as to why you're watching a 2 hour YouTube video about a guy who tried to fake discovering a new element, but enjoying it nonetheless.

I also grabbed some BBM "microgranulated trichomes" (kief) from the company that originally turned me on to the strain but it was pretty ass. This grower used to be one of the best - the blue agave, kush Mints, and alien rock candy I've posted in the past were also from these guys - but they've fallen off bad. I heard the original head grower moved back out west. At any rate, it barely even smelled like blueberry. It's obvious that they're using a kief catcher on their trim setup and that's what this stuff is, but I wonder if they're not cleaning the equipment because theres some weird terps in there and it's very muddled.. It almost ends up tasting like peanut butter and generic weed when you burn it. It was only $20 but I'm just sad  that I can't get any good blueberry stuff right now.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1734 on: November 11, 2022, 02:40:05 AM »
Finally, about 60% done my trimming journey. The rest is still in freezer zips getting dryer than I want it to be but whatever. At the worst majority of it will be mid 50% humidity. Still some thick girls in the mid 60's, lots of the nice little round bulbous sweet skunk c99 buds holding firm.

Broke out my weird clunky desktop vape for the first time in a long while. The "Plenty" aka the mongoloid cousin of the Volcano. Made by the same people and has the same 'bowl' size as the popular party bag filler but it looks more like a device you'd use to check your tire pressure or some kind of demented power tool. The deepwarp (texada time warp x deep chunk cross) is beauty in it.

Pic included due to how ridiculous this device looks:

caked

« Reply #1735 on: November 11, 2022, 08:40:23 AM »
how was the sesh with the plenty?! people say it's slept on!

I should be getting my new vaporizer in the next few weeks, will have to post it for you guys.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1736 on: November 11, 2022, 10:15:23 AM »
Anyone fuck with the THCa bud? Hear its literally just thc but slips through the loop holes in my state so might go pick some up after work

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1737 on: November 11, 2022, 12:37:44 PM »
Anyone fuck with the THCa bud? Hear its literally just thc but slips through the loop holes in my state so might go pick some up after work

Thca is just the precursor acid form of THC . There is no such thing as THCa bud, in fact most of the "THC" you'll see listed in any flower is in the form of THCa.

Basically your body can easily absorb THC, but not THCa. What happens is when you heat the THCa to a certain point, it will undergo a chemical change called "decarboxylation" that converts it to d9-THC. This is why its a myth that just eating a bud will get you super high, you have to cook it in order to absorb it orally. Obviously smoking does this instantaneously right before inhalation, and vaping works by heating it to the point it decarbs and can be inhaled but not burning it. There is some natural conversion, both in the growing and curing process but it's a small amount.

So, next part of the question. Not sure about your particular state, but in some there's basically a loophole in the language they use. A lot of it is based around the 2018 farm bill and the
.3% limit they set, so if you have a flower that's 30% THCa but below .3% d9-THC then it's technically "legal." Here's a link to save me some finger tapping.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cbdhemp.direct/a/amp-sb/blogs/articles/is-thca-flower-legal

So tl;Dr, its just weed bred and grown in a way that makes it eligible for a loophole. I heard my state closed the loophole a year ago but there's still stuff on the market from before they did and there's apparently enough frozen in storage to last a few more years. Dunno how accurate that is though.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1738 on: November 12, 2022, 08:58:44 AM »
Appreciate all that background! Yeah thats exactly what I heard that its literally weed that technically slips through  a loop hole. There's a shopping mall nearby with a store selling some so I'm gonna go grab an eighth. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1739 on: November 13, 2022, 01:44:50 AM »
Appreciate all that background! Yeah thats exactly what I heard that its literally weed that technically slips through  a loop hole. There's a shopping mall nearby with a store selling some so I'm gonna go grab an eighth.

No problem dude, always happy to both learn and teach. That's exactly what it is and it's probably technically illegal in most cases but no one's testing it because no one really cares these days. Cops probably assume its the same thing as d8 or cbd.

Btw if you want to calculate how much thc you'll get from decarbing you can use (thca x 0.877). So a 30% thca flower will be 26.3% thc when you smoke it. Also keep in mind that genetics and terpenes can play just as much if not more of a role in how the flower affects you. Personally I'll take a 3+% terp 17% thc bud over a 1% terp 30% thc bud every day of the week if it's a strain I like.

Stopped by the dispo after work. Unfortunately they only had the house brand on sale and the house brand is almost all candy strains. I decided to just ask the cute pixie there to pick the one she thought I'd like and she settled on "Juice Box".

Genetics are (cookies and cream x purple sauce) so just a whole boatload of trendy modern genetics in there. It smells like every other candy strain I've tried (sharp, creamy, a little bit peppery) but it's pretty dry, maybe something new will come out after I rehydrate it.

Also snagged some more bubble, again was limited to the candy strains so I just tried to find a terp profile that looked good and settled on "jokerz candy" which might be the most annoying strain name I've seen since "purple zkittlez ". Is there like some prolific juggalo breeder out there or something? Anyways its white runtz x jet fuel gelato

This one I did try and it's actually not bad. Lemony and very light gas over your usual candy weed background tastes. Nice happy hybrid high to it but can overpower you pretty quickly if you aren't careful. The JFG parent was like that for me too.. One hit too many and it could get a little dysphoric.