Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180827 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1830 on: March 10, 2023, 04:14:28 PM »
OK so I've been lurking and, inspired by this thread, I copped some Cookies today which I am pretty sure is one of the rebrands for Garlic Cookies. Funny thing is I got it outta the hybrid section from the shop I buy from. Definitely a pretty potent Indica. They do this sometimes to give the illusion of variety but unless it's a hybrid that's unmissably sativa then it's generally gonna be pretty stoney. I think this is probably straight up mislabeled though. I don't really get a garlic smell from it, just a pine and diesel mix. It is also very crystal heavy but it's not particularly sticky. Kinda just snaps off but it's not so dry that it turns to powder when you handle it. My kief catcher is likely gonna be pretty full after I get through this batch.

I was really psyched to see Private Reserve on here too. That was pretty much the best deal that shops around me had going in late 2019 and into early 2020. After it got it's name out there and supply got disrupted, at least one shop tried to sell it as top shelf and price it accordingly. That was a weird trend to watch but it was being pushed heavy by 4 different shops well into 2020. 2 of those are long gone now and I don't remember the last time I saw it on the menu at the place where I shop. Feels like it was Runtz right before that strain caught on in LA. Private reserve was basically my pandemic strain and now I'm sentimental for it.

Gmo cookies is a very distinct smell. Ime its closer to frying onions and garlic, with the dirt of mushrooms in the air than anything else. Nothing piney from the cuts ive had…

« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 08:06:15 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1831 on: March 16, 2023, 11:09:08 AM »
Yeah if it's GMO you'll know it. Much like blueberry and bubblegum, it's pretty unmistakable....straight up smells like garlic and tastes Iike smoking a bowl after a big Italian dinner. GMO is technically a hybrid and takes on a thin and spikey bud structure similar to a lot of sativa, and for me the effects start out kind of energetic (the chemdawg parent does the same thing for me) before fading out to more classic indica effects.

Just from the pics I have no idea what kind of "cookies" it is but it's definitely got that dense, round indica bud structure and the color screams knockout to me so I'm not surprised it's a heavy hitter haha.

Private reserve/OG 18 was a highlight for me amongst stuff I've had lately. That was the best OG I've had in a minute and I wish I had gotten more last time I went. It was in my cart but I ended up switching to Marshmellow OG at the last minute which looks really nice but is somewhat lacking in both flavor and effects.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1832 on: March 16, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »
Maaaaan. Some of those cbg x thc x cbd gummies floor me. Fml waking up with a weed hangover after those things.

Went a little hard with the SS haze last weekend and gotta back off. Getting a lil too deep in thought loops. Cant believe i used to smoke blunt after blunt of this shit as a kid. No wonder i was a mess  :D I seriously envy people for whom weed seems to have no mind fuck effect or acts like ADHD meds!

badmanganjaspliff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1833 on: March 16, 2023, 07:03:09 PM »
My plug has been arrested this week so ive spent the last couple days with some kinda shit dab, finally my mate has came thru for me with these buds, he reckons it’s Girl Scout cookies but I’m not sure. Smell wise it’s very sweet and kind of gassy. The trims a bit shit but beggars can’t be choosers and I’m very happy to be smoking actual bud again!

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1834 on: March 17, 2023, 01:35:33 AM »
My plug has been arrested this week so ive spent the last couple days with some kinda shit dab, finally my mate has came thru for me with these buds, he reckons it’s Girl Scout cookies but I’m not sure. Smell wise it’s very sweet and kind of gassy. The trims a bit shit but beggars can’t be choosers and I’m very happy to be smoking actual bud again!

What he get arrested for?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1835 on: March 17, 2023, 03:33:05 AM »
Just weed as far as I know, i haven’t spoken to him tho I walked by the shop he lives in and there was like 5 police cars and all taped off and shit. Same thing happened before COVID and he got out in like a year so I’m now on the lookout for a new weed man which is a bit of a ballache
Expand Quote

[close]

What he get arrested for?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1836 on: March 17, 2023, 10:14:20 PM »
Is this America? And how come he lives in a shop? Not judging, just curious...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1837 on: March 17, 2023, 10:49:56 PM »

He's from the UK.

I've never really heard anyone use the term badman except Jamaicans and Brits (who adopted a load of patois slang into their popular vernacular over the past few decades) and the shops in most towns I've been to have living spaces much like many east coast cities - storefront at street level, flats above or in the back.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1838 on: March 18, 2023, 02:47:46 AM »

It certainly could be. Sweet and gassy is exactly how most people describe GSC and I'd add a little earth/spice and slightly creamy finish to that. It's a lip licker for sure. High is usually squarely hybrid and very happy/giggly. I used to always keep a gram around for mood elevation and social situations but I've mostly switched to more sativa leaning OGs for that the last half year or so.

If it works for you who really cares what it's called, right?

Still trying to stick with more oral dosing and it seems to be helping. My appetite is better and I haven't had nearly as much inflammation. I am still smoking a morning cone on days off and puffing on some Fried Ice Cream bubble (not sure of the genetics but it tastes like ICC mixed with something sweet and fruity) here and there though and really digging it. Hits hard but it's a very relaxing and care free kind of indica. Morning strain right now is back to KaliBurst 49 (Kali Jack x PT Starqueen).. I've reviewed that one at least 3 times already so I'll just say it's probably the best PA specific strain I've come across yet and tastes absolutely fucking amazing.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1839 on: March 18, 2023, 04:22:46 AM »
BFRD got it bang on, he lives in a flat above the corner shop his family owns, it was a good setup you could grab bud off him then get drinks and food downstairs and your set for the night
It certainly could be. Sweet and gassy is exactly how most people describe GSC and I'd add a little earth/spice and slightly creamy finish to that. It's a lip licker for sure. High is usually squarely hybrid and very happy/giggly. I used to always keep a gram around for mood elevation and social situations but I've mostly switched to more sativa leaning OGs for that the last half year or so.

If it works for you who really cares what it's called, right?

Still trying to stick with more oral dosing and it seems to be helping. My appetite is better and I haven't had nearly as much inflammation. I am still smoking a morning cone on days off and puffing on some Fried Ice Cream bubble (not sure of the genetics but it tastes like ICC mixed with something sweet and fruity) here and there though and really digging it. Hits hard but it's a very relaxing and care free kind of indica. Morning strain right now is back to KaliBurst 49 (Kali Jack x PT Starqueen).. I've reviewed that one at least 3 times already so I'll just say it's probably the best PA specific strain I've come across yet and tastes absolutely fucking amazing.

Looking fire as always fam, I reckon it probably is the cookies then, your description seems to match up, and as you say if it works it works so I’m happy with it. I can totally see the appeal for sativas, I love getting glued to the seat but when the main highs warn off from an indica bud I usually feel extra lazy and tired, don’t get that effect as much with sativa. I’ve been looking at landrace strains online recently which I think are usually pure sativa? Unlikely I’ll come across any on the street but I’d like to try a grow when my living situation changes so maybe I’ll be able to get hold of some seeds.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1840 on: March 18, 2023, 05:04:48 AM »
Oh man you missed my landrace obsession last year haha. There's plenty of landrace indicas too, but outside of some Afghanis they're definitely harder to find. Basically a landrace is just a wild strain that has been cultivated for God only knows how long in a certain region, so like Durban Poison and Thai and Hindu Kush are all landraces. They're kind of just really pure expressions of the original strains that the modern Cannabis industry evolved from.

Typically if it comes from high elevation and colder climates like hindu kush or the Afghani style strains it will be an indica with dense buds and shorter, stockier plants. Sativas typically come from sunny, warm climates where they don't need broad leaves to get the necessary sunlight and if it's from a moist climate like the Thais and some south/central American strains the buds will be long and looser (almost stringy in some cases) since they don't need to retain water in those climates. Then you also get some weird ones like Durban Poison which grows like a sativa plant but produces dense chunky buds like an indica.

I've found that I respond really well to them and I tend to prefer the simpler terp profiles. It seems like in general the further away from the original landraces a strain gets the more soulless the experience is for me, so I definitely gravitate towards stuff like Blueberry and Jack that aren't too far away from landraces on their family tree. The one I have right now is Black Afghani which is Afghani landrace x Black Domina. There's probably some pics a few pages back but it's not much to look at. Absolutely delightful to smoke though, both in flavor and effect.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1841 on: March 18, 2023, 10:34:44 AM »
My other half is fed up with my increasingly frequent smoking and how it stinks up the house.  Which is fair.. so I bought a little Elf 510 vape pen and a couple different cartridges.  I’ve used flower vapes before but never carts, so hopefully this proves to be an effective and affordable solution.

*edit.  I am so so fucked up off one puff. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:57:46 PM by Coastal Fever »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1842 on: March 18, 2023, 03:46:29 PM »
My other half is fed up with my increasingly frequent smoking and how it stinks up the house.  Which is fair.. so I bought a little Elf 510 vape pen and a couple different cartridges.  I’ve used flower vapes before but never carts, so hopefully this proves to be an effective and affordable solution.

*edit.  I am so so fucked up off one puff.

Hahha welcome to modern world of weed. You'll probably see some terminology thrown around that's confusing at first but it's mostly just differences in how they extract the flower. Distillate is kind of the mids of the vape world, it's cheap and works but its far from ideal. Live resin hydrocarbon carts are what I mostly use since they have high terpene levels and it's all strain specific so it gives you the most flavor and decent effects. Rosin carts are the best (they're basically just liquified flower) but hard to find and expensive. I get those when I'm feeling fancy or if I see a strain or terpene profile that really interests me.

Overall it's really a much better way to inhale weed, but aside from rosin carts I do sometimes feel like there's something missing compared to flower.

@badmanganjaspliff coincidentally, after I talked about landraces I woke up this morning and saw a strain with classic landrace thai sativa bud structure was back in stock. This is one of the most energetic strains we have and it's pretty unique....Super Silver Thai is (super silver Maduro x African Thai) and the African Thai parent is a cross of two landraces but has the look of a pure Thai strain.

I put some of the black Afghani popcorn I have next to it to try and show how different the structure is. Oh yeah they call this one the "Lime Skittles" pheno and that's a pretty accurate description of the taste. It tastes great but this is one I sometimes get standout effects from.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1843 on: March 19, 2023, 06:17:57 PM »
I put some of the black Afghani popcorn I have next to it to try and show how different the structure is. Oh yeah they call this one the "Lime Skittles" pheno and that's a pretty accurate description of the taste. It tastes great but this is one I sometimes get standout effects from.
Damnnn that’s looking beautiful. What’s the flavour like? I’ve heard people describe some landraces as even tasting a bit metallic so I’m assuming there generally pretty far from what we’re used to. I do smoke haze fairly often which I don’t think is too far removed from Jamaican landrace or something?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1844 on: March 20, 2023, 11:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damnnn that’s looking beautiful. What’s the flavour like? I’ve heard people describe some landraces as even tasting a bit metallic so I’m assuming there generally pretty far from what we’re used to. I do smoke haze fairly often which I don’t think is too far removed from Jamaican landrace or something?

Haze is a weird one.. It actually arose out of the hippie scene of the 60s when all the flower children went and traveled the world and brought all these landrace seeds back. Then it became a coffeehouse staple in Amsterdam and took off. No one really knows the true genetics, but I've usually heard it as a Colombian, Mexican and Thai sativa crossed with an Indian indica. All those would be landrace, so if you have a pure cut of original haze it would theoretically be pretty close to a landrace, but the fact we're talking about a murky 60 year history across 2 continents means it's really hard to say what's what and haze is basically a class of strains more than a single strain now (similar to OG kush or chemdawg).

The taste on this is similar to a haze actually, but like a haze that's all that crisp citrus and very little of the spice or earthiness. It comes through as a herbal lime candy taste almost and it's quite pleasant. Unfortunately this is kind of a weak tasting batch.. It's 1.8% terps but I've had this strain closer to 3% and it was pretty phenomenal.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1845 on: March 21, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »

Just picked up this orange sherbet and it’s pretty fucking good. Its mad how much this tastes like orange. Super chill high as well

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1846 on: March 21, 2023, 09:54:33 PM »

Just picked up this orange sherbet and it’s pretty fucking good. Its mad how much this tastes like orange. Super chill high as well

That looks nice as fuck. Does it have that kinda orange BO funk where you're sniffing your pits to see if you put on deodorant (like orange crush) or is it more of a sweet orange taste? Orange tasting strains tend to be high in myrcene and give me a really relaxed and heavy eyed high, the kind where I like to dim the lights and put on headphones or relaxing TV and just vibe out for an hour or two.

I had some birthday cake (gsc x cherry pie) after work today. Such a nice evening strain, it's weird because neither parent really does all that much for me but the offspring hits perfectly.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1847 on: March 22, 2023, 03:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That looks nice as fuck. Does it have that kinda orange BO funk where you're sniffing your pits to see if you put on deodorant (like orange crush) or is it more of a sweet orange taste? Orange tasting strains tend to be high in myrcene and give me a really relaxed and heavy eyed high, the kind where I like to dim the lights and put on headphones or relaxing TV and just vibe out for an hour or two.

I had some birthday cake (gsc x cherry pie) after work today. Such a nice evening strain, it's weird because neither parent really does all that much for me but the offspring hits perfectly.

It’s definitely more of a funky orange smell, same with the taste as well it’s kind of like a gone-off orange but in a nice way. Your definitely right about the high, last night I smoked a few round my mates and ended up getting incredibly stoned and staying way later than I planned, the skate home was a struggle haha.
The Birthday cake is looking proper nice, from the looks and cross I’m imagining it’s a sweet gassy strain?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1848 on: March 23, 2023, 03:29:15 AM »
Quote from: badmanganjaspliff link=topic=46510.msg3984893#msg3984893

It’s definitely more of a funky orange smell, same with the taste as well it’s kind of like a gone-off orange but in a nice way. Your definitely right about the high, last night I smoked a few round my mates and ended up getting incredibly stoned and staying way later than I planned, the skate home was a struggle haha.
The Birthday cake is looking proper nice, from the looks and cross I’m imagining it’s a sweet gassy strain?

That's great, I always keep those high myrcene indica leaning strains in rotation and I can totally relate to the struggle of skating home hahaha. I can remember the first time I ever got orange crush back in like 2002 - my parents were away on vacation for a week and my dealer and his girl came over and brought the head stash instead of the beasters he usually sold me. He would only sell me an 8th of the crush but that was enough. After he left I built a huge bong out of one of those "yard of beer" novelty glasses and spent the whole week high as fuck playing rainbow six in my underwear. Zero motivation to do anything but smile and eat.

I didn't even take pics because it's a gram of smalls and totally unremarkable looking, but I got some Kimbo Kush (blackberry kush x starfighter) last week and wasn't super impressed with the test bowl I smoked so I kinda forgot about it. Last night our fire alarm went off around bed time and I had to go make sure the building wasn't burning down, so I was kinda wound up and smoked half a cone. In higher doses it hit a lot more like blackberry with a crushing body high. Didn't insta-ko me like motorbreath but it did put me out after an hour or so and I woke up feeling pretty refreshed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 01:03:59 PM by Sativa Lung »

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1849 on: March 24, 2023, 03:02:09 AM »
That's great, I always keep those high myrcene indica leaning strains in rotation and I can totally relate to the struggle of skating home hahaha. I can remember the first time I ever got orange crush back in like 2002 - my parents were away on vacation for a week and my dealer and his girl came over and brought the head stash instead of the beasters he usually sold me. He would only sell me an 8th of the crush but that was enough. After he left I built a huge bong out of one of those "yard of beer" novelty glasses and spent the whole week high as fuck playing rainbow six in my underwear. Zero motivation to do anything but smile and eat.
Ahaha homemade bongs were the shit, I’ve smoked out of some fucked up creations back in the day.
Got some skittles, I think this weed is a bit old from the feeling of it, definitely not crisp but it does the job, taste and smell r still there, very sweet and maybe a bit citrusy even. It’s been getting me high but no where near as much as the orange sherbet which I’m still smoking as well.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1850 on: March 24, 2023, 03:04:06 PM »
That looks like the light dep chunkballs that were coming in from Cali a few years back. I've had skittlez as a concentrate once and didn't really care for it but it was also one of our hit and miss growers.

When I first started smoking again I had to MacGyver together a Bong for the first time in 20 years and it turned out perfect . Shits like riding a bike. Now I smoke sativas almost exclusively through paper and everything else through a cheap little 8" glass bong or an apple.

Got a couple good grams today. First up blueberry cookies (blue Tahoe x gsc) which is a pretty little indica leaning hybrid. Tried a tester bowl and it was OK. Had a kind of light floral berry taste with some nuttiness and a little bit of pine. Gonna try rolling the rest up and seeing if I get a better read on it.

This one I'm stoked on.. Its an in-house breed so the strains won't make much sense but it's (urban legend 24 x Londyn Lei) with UL24 being a chemmy indica and LL a gassy grape hybrid.
The terps are a little low but it looks incredible and hits hard. This one is called the gasberry pheno and that's pretty accurate in regards to the taste. Really nice classic indica buzz, I felt all the tension leave my body after the first green hit and now I'm hungry as fuck.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1851 on: March 27, 2023, 08:32:10 AM »
So I managed to kill nearly a full 1g cartridge  in just over a week.  I’ve taken maybe 40 deep long hauls, when most people seem to get closer to 400 from a 1g cart.  So clearly I’m ripping on it wayyy too long and hard.  Gotta figure out the sweet spot because I’m not trying to spend $200/month on vaping.  Just seems like tiny puffs won’t do anything, but maybe several small puffs will burn less oil?  Idk.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1852 on: March 27, 2023, 09:58:02 PM »
So I managed to kill nearly a full 1g cartridge  in just over a week.  I’ve taken maybe 40 deep long hauls, when most people seem to get closer to 400 from a 1g cart.  So clearly I’m ripping on it wayyy too long and hard.  Gotta figure out the sweet spot because I’m not trying to spend $200/month on vaping.  Just seems like tiny puffs won’t do anything, but maybe several small puffs will burn less oil?  Idk.

The kind of cart and how it's extracted matter somewhat (rosin and LLR tend to go faster than distillate, though that might be because I hit them more) but in my experience the biggest factor in making carts last is your battery. There's fancy ones that sense resistance and shit, but the one is use is just a cheap honeystick with a voltage knob on the bottom. I have some others but that's been my go-to for over a year.

I keep it as low as I can to get a good hit and "sip" on it more than take huge rips. Ive never actually counted hits but a good LLR or rosin 500mg cart typically lasts about a week. Keep in mind that I supplement that with flower, dabs, and oral RSO at various times though.

So ya, if your battery has power settings keep it as low as possible...with live resin extraction methods you'll usually get some really volatile terps that are easy to burn off, so you might even find that it tastes and/or works better.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1853 on: March 28, 2023, 04:03:22 AM »
Sounds reasonable!  I ended up getting 2 x 1g carts for $70 on sale yesterday.  They’re “Atomic Sour Grapefruit”… and I realized upon hitting it that it was probably on sale because it tastes like laundry detergent.  It’s actually really bad, like doesn’t taste like weed at all.  But I guess I’ll suck it up and finish them instead of throwing $70 in the trash.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1854 on: March 28, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »
Sounds reasonable!  I ended up getting 2 x 1g carts for $70 on sale yesterday.  They’re “Atomic Sour Grapefruit”… and I realized upon hitting it that it was probably on sale because it tastes like laundry detergent.  It’s actually really bad, like doesn’t taste like weed at all.  But I guess I’ll suck it up and finish them instead of throwing $70 in the trash.

above ground, underground, grey market, black market, legal market the cart business is dirty as fuck. everything and anything can go into those things.

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1855 on: March 30, 2023, 06:34:55 PM »
haha the talk about homemade bongs really sums up high school for me. in fact, for several years I only hit gravity bongs at home, just the ratchet pushed through a melted 2-liter cap. i shudder to think about my lungs, lol. it is the way to go if you're really trying to stretch your flower, but man it's pretty rough. I also had this one setup that used a taller Smartwater plastic bottle, a French horn mouthpiece for the bowl about 2 inches up from the bottom, and some silicone around it trying to seal it I'd have to re-do like every week.

nowadays it's Firefly or nothing for me, I actually feel little urge to smoke unless it's one of my friends offering to. once you get that taste of what the herb is really like with convection vapor, it's hard to go back to actual combustion.

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1856 on: March 30, 2023, 06:59:39 PM »
nowadays it's Firefly or nothing for me, I actually feel little urge to smoke unless it's one of my friends offering to. once you get that taste of what the herb is really like with convection vapor, it's hard to go back to actual combustion.

this is how I am too, I'm a vapor snob. pure convection vapor with a delicious strain is half the fun of weed nowadays for me haha. I don't switch up strains as much as I would like, but I love finding a tasty one. It's a fun challenge trying to figure out which terpenes you can identify from the taste and smell of the bud.

I cringe thinking about my college days when my roommates and I would make aluminum foil bowls for the gravity bong. we were also resin fiends from time to time...ooof. I treat my body better now lol

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #1857 on: April 03, 2023, 06:19:37 PM »
Bought a cheapo vape pen this weekend and I’m already regretting it. Yesterday was kind of a haze, took a puff or 2 with my morning coffee and just kept it going pretty much all day, so by the end i just had such a headache after being consistently stoned for so long

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1858 on: April 07, 2023, 06:18:11 PM »
been i little while since i had some good bud. was a $30 "local" 8th. Local meaning not on the menu so tourist drop $60 all the time.

Lucky Charms like tac of 20 point i forget. Budhaus brand. tasty. im going to burn tomorrow at band. try to forget myself
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1859 on: April 07, 2023, 06:33:15 PM »
Yeah disty carts are weird, my life has gotten all around worse since I got on them.  Yes they smell less, but the effects are less pleasurable whilst somehow more intense at the same time.  I feel like I’m acting way weirder than when I just smoked a bit.  Hopefully live resin carts are worth the extra few bucks and not too smelly or brain melting.