Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 116665 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #960 on: March 28, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been feeling like flower doesnt do it for me anymore. my asthma has been fucked lately so even smoking a bowl makes me have to hit the albuterol inhaler or nebulizer. thinking about getting into wax/diamonds/whatever theyre calling the new good shit. but i have no source let alone one i know isnt making that shit like ass, nor do i have the correct bong or a torch. but i figure if a few hits is gonna make my asthma fucked regardless, to the point that its not even physically possible to smoke enough for me to really get high without having to take an asthma break, i might as well be coughing up a lung over something much stronger. i have some pretty serious chronic illnesses and im all fucked up on the inside so i try to smoke whatever heavy indicas i can, so for reference, i am trying to get much higher than what might be normal for someone that isnt me.

again i have literally no experience with dabs or anything other than being in LA for a month and hitting one daily while i was there.

thoughts? need some wax ogs to put me on.

free max b
[close]

sounds like concentrates may be for you Pete. You pretty much want:
- a rig (bongs are technically for flower)
- a nail (quartz banger is the norm these days)
- a cap with airflow for the banger (helps generate more vapor and stir the oil to hotter spots on the nail)
- a proper torch (Blazer GT800)

Then all thatís left is the product, and a metal dabber/dab tool to scoop up your product and put it in the banger. Donít settle for shitty product. The price on the set up ranges from cheap china glass of DHGate (sub $100) to the skys the limit. Thereís products like puffco peak but that shit canít replace a dab.

I recommend getting quality US quartz from someone like Quave club banger or a JP Toro Grail, but they get pricey. Your rig doesnít need to be an art piece but you might want to invest in the material you melt/smoke your concentrate of of. Theres a good few US quartz blowers out there.

Had a solid 5 or so years where I was dabbing heavily, from a half to ~2 grams per day. These days I keep it more moderate, just a lil hash rosin once a night or so. Mix it with the flower.

I still some glass for sale, if youíre interested. Could hook you up with a starter set up. If not, your local headshop or DHGate wonít fail you. I have advice as far as cleaning the rig & nail or letting the banger cool down to an optimal temp and shit like that but thatís enough for now.

To add: The type of concentrate is more than just slang. Wax, shatter, diamonds, sauce, rosin, whatever, are all different. Like how people might call flower kush, or some specific shit that its really not. Some forms of concentrate work better for certain people, so try different shit. I personally find diamond consistently harsh, and prefer 90μm full melt hash rosin sourced properly over everything. Will always have love for proper BHO though.
[close]

Great info. Only thing I'd say is stay away from BHO. That shit is not good for you.

Also, as I get older, I tend to prefer tinctures, hash and edibles. I love flower but it's more of a treat now.

IMO nothing beats good hash
[close]

got some nice bubble put away for rainy days ;) kid does a really nice job

looking back at the early days of this thread is kinda funny.

I've been alternating between some outdoor Purple Urkle, Mendo Breath, and SouthFork Kush from up in the Applegate Valley that pretty relaxing. Also been messing with some Ice Cream Cake deps from the Salmon River. I don't experience any of these as a complex high, but really just a relaxing slow down. Well, the SFKush is pretty gassy and more like Sour D or a true gassy, OG. Anyways, I hadn't blazed since I had a profoundly effective and satisfactory puddling in mid October. there just wasn't a need for the herb, but I started eating some dummies when I jacked the ankle and all of a sudden my tolerance is high as fuck after a 5 month break. it's pretty sweet.

the urkle is classic and so dang easy going. old school!

Last summer frenchie cannoli came up here and I taught him a different tobacco alternative (as per his wifes request). Man he sent some of the most insane hash you could imagine.

SFVOG is such a great strain, as is urkle.
Gentleman ninja warlock

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #961 on: March 28, 2021, 07:45:45 PM »
Yo Pete I said this in another thread but one can definitely smoke dabs through a glass pipe like a meth pipe or whatever. Same thing as a rig if you think about it, right?
Way easier to try it out that way mate save your money bro
listen to cosmic psychos

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #962 on: March 28, 2021, 07:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
been feeling like flower doesnt do it for me anymore. my asthma has been fucked lately so even smoking a bowl makes me have to hit the albuterol inhaler or nebulizer. thinking about getting into wax/diamonds/whatever theyre calling the new good shit. but i have no source let alone one i know isnt making that shit like ass, nor do i have the correct bong or a torch. but i figure if a few hits is gonna make my asthma fucked regardless, to the point that its not even physically possible to smoke enough for me to really get high without having to take an asthma break, i might as well be coughing up a lung over something much stronger. i have some pretty serious chronic illnesses and im all fucked up on the inside so i try to smoke whatever heavy indicas i can, so for reference, i am trying to get much higher than what might be normal for someone that isnt me.

again i have literally no experience with dabs or anything other than being in LA for a month and hitting one daily while i was there.

free max b
[close]

sounds like concentrates may be for you Pete. You pretty much want:
- a rig (bongs are technically for flower)
- a nail (quartz banger is the norm these days)
- a cap with airflow for the banger (helps generate more vapor and stir the oil to hotter spots on the nail)
- a proper torch (Blazer GT800)

Then all thatís left is the product, and a metal dabber/dab tool to scoop up your product and put it in the banger. Donít settle for shitty product. The price on the set up ranges from cheap china glass of DHGate (sub $100) to the skys the limit. Thereís products like puffco peak but that shit canít replace a dab.

I recommend getting quality US quartz from someone like Quave club banger or a JP Toro Grail, but they get pricey. Your rig doesnít need to be an art piece but you might want to invest in the material you melt/smoke your concentrate of of. Theres a good few US quartz blowers out there.

Had a solid 5 or so years where I was dabbing heavily, from a half to ~2 grams per day. These days I keep it more moderate, just a lil hash rosin once a night or so. Mix it with the flower.

I still some glass for sale, if youíre interested. Could hook you up with a starter set up. If not, your local headshop or DHGate wonít fail you. I have advice as far as cleaning the rig & nail or letting the banger cool down to an optimal temp and shit like that but thatís enough for now.

To add: The type of concentrate is more than just slang. Wax, shatter, diamonds, sauce, rosin, whatever, are all different. Like how people might call flower kush, or some specific shit that its really not. Some forms of concentrate work better for certain people, so try different shit. I personally find diamond consistently harsh, and prefer 90μm full melt hash rosin sourced properly over everything. Will always have love for proper BHO though.
[close]

Great info. Only thing I'd say is stay away from BHO. That shit is not good for you.

Also, as I get older, I tend to prefer tinctures, hash and edibles. I love flower but it's more of a treat now.

IMO nothing beats good hash
[close]

got some nice bubble put away for rainy days ;) kid does a really nice job

looking back at the early days of this thread is kinda funny.

I've been alternating between some outdoor Purple Urkle, Mendo Breath, and SouthFork Kush from up in the Applegate Valley that pretty relaxing. Also been messing with some Ice Cream Cake deps from the Salmon River. I don't experience any of these as a complex high, but really just a relaxing slow down. Well, the SFKush is pretty gassy and more like Sour D or a true gassy, OG. Anyways, I hadn't blazed since I had a profoundly effective and satisfactory puddling in mid October. there just wasn't a need for the herb, but I started eating some dummies when I jacked the ankle and all of a sudden my tolerance is high as fuck after a 5 month break. it's pretty sweet.

the urkle is classic and so dang easy going. old school!
[close]

Last summer frenchie cannoli came up here and I taught him a different tobacco alternative (as per his wifes request). Man he sent some of the most insane hash you could imagine.

SFVOG is such a great strain, as is urkle.

hell ya, SFVOG is a nice one. we 2nd depped it a few years back. Gas Central

The South Fork (SF) Kush is SFV x ChemDawg outta Trinity County. This kids work reminds me of stardawg in nose, structure, and taste. mmm mmm mmmmm
stay high, lay low

MorningSesh

• Rep: 19
« Reply #963 on: March 31, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • USA
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2021, 05:48:05 PM »

YungJugg

• Rep: 76
« Reply #965 on: April 01, 2021, 09:51:59 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/nyregion/cuomo-ny-legal-weed.html
About damn time!!

As if retail edibles werenít already highway robbery, a 3 cent state tax per mg of THC, gnarly. Being able to drive around with 3 zips and keep 5 packs at the house is huge though, black market will thrive.
working hard like if he was from the 1920s or something

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 11
« Reply #966 on: April 01, 2021, 02:43:42 PM »

free max b

sounds like edibles would be good for you. or maybe vape? i use an arizer air with glass attachment that i hook up to a bubbler. best way of consuming imo, only smoke bowls or joints on special occasions now and my lungs feel the difference.

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #967 on: April 01, 2021, 02:49:32 PM »

As if retail edibles werenít already highway robbery, a 3 cent state tax per mg of THC, gnarly. Being able to drive around with 3 zips and keep 5 packs at the house is huge though, black market will thrive.

5 bows at home in NY now? Those Canadian beasters are gonna start flowing harder through upstate

stay high, lay low

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
« Reply #968 on: April 06, 2021, 10:15:04 PM »
this will probably come off racist but for the longest time, i always pictured dj short (blueberry) as a black guy .. just googled him and was way off
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

2th

• Rep: 6
« Reply #969 on: April 07, 2021, 04:48:11 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

sounds like edibles would be good for you. or maybe vape? i use an arizer air with glass attachment that i hook up to a bubbler. best way of consuming imo, only smoke bowls or joints on special occasions now and my lungs feel the difference.

i get shatter and wax a lot and even with a bubbler i dont think dabs are what you're looking for. you can get the dab to hit pretty smooth but for me its the next morning it just sits sticky and heavier. i agree with amigo that edibles is probably your best bet, or maybe vape some kief. my tolerance cycle is basically flower until it's not hitting, then shatter, then when i feel that shit wearing on my lungs i go to edibles and try to bring the doses back down.

69th post  8)

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -30
« Reply #970 on: April 07, 2021, 05:59:19 PM »

How much are you paying for edibles? I drive to Michigan to get bud, and when the rec dispensaries first opened it was like 25-30$ per 100mg. The market finally flooded somewhat in the summer of 2020 and you can get 100mg for 10-15$ now. I wish they did bulk discounts, but most shops have a day of the week where they take 20% off edibles anyway, so it's not so bad. Last time I went the bud tender (I don't like that term) gave me a quarter of Snozzberry or whatever, but charged it as two separate eighths, so the money I saved on edibles was cancelled out. Don't know if I can bring my receipt next time so I can make a stink. Besides the flower prices and freshness, recreational bud is pretty sweet.
Half a shot, on the rocks