Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 182107 times)

lydius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #990 on: April 28, 2021, 06:21:21 PM »
trying to wean off the flower for a little while and let my airway heal a bit. anybody got recommendations on primarily THC tinctures? also I'm in the PDX area so there's a lot locally to choose from but it's kinda overwhelming

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #991 on: April 28, 2021, 07:51:44 PM »
trying to wean off the flower for a little while and let my airway heal a bit. anybody got recommendations on primarily THC tinctures? also I'm in the PDX area so there's a lot locally to choose from but it's kinda overwhelming

I don't really get behind the company, but they make the best gummies I've had- papa and Barkley THC rich, solventless gummies are like 20bucks for 20, 5mg vegan gummies. Unlike them better than tincture as I feel tincture is a bit more unpredictable. Tbh PnB gummies are like a weed vitamin for me- same thing happens, every time
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Wheelbyte

• Rep: -34
« Reply #992 on: April 29, 2021, 04:11:47 AM »
math typingmake your own coconut oil infusion

coffee grinder your buds
not too fine though
put in sturdy wide jar with coconut oil
and a $5 thermostat clipped on the inside
like those pencil types you slide into cooking roast meats
place jar in pot of water on stove
heat for 80min @ 180F
stir at least every 5min maybe more

once cooled let grains sink to bottom and keep in fridge
dig out chucks with a butter knife
place inside of cheek like gobstopper
or rub on temples
or back of neck
or dissolve in coffee
it will float to the top like cream
so first few sips
hold in mouth for at least 1min
to absorb via oral mucosa
swallowing quickly means it has to pass thru your liver
and becomes a body stone like cookies
instead to straight to the brain via oral mucosa

once jar gets low
add more oil and repeat cook and cool
can do many extractions
up to 5 and still strong effects
depending on amount of bud
and amount of oil

its cheaper than smoking
smoking is wack when you start using
the oral mucosa administration method

smoking is like shooting up
sudden sharp blood level spike
and then sharp drop off

oral mucosa administration
is a lower and longer bell curve uptake and drop off
so creates less desire to top up in a few hours
and also no burnt plant material addiction
smoke and CO2 and CO etc gases
creates confusion and head rush
and is addictive
separate to thc/cbd desire

smoking will also create inflammation
big gut
weak hard ons
earlier death
and is more expensive

Absorption through oral mucosa
Because the oral mucosa is highly vascularised, drugs that are absorbed through the oral mucosa directly enter the systemic circulation, bypassing the gastrointestinal tract and first-pass metabolism in the liver.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:14:55 AM by Wheelbyte »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #993 on: April 29, 2021, 06:54:46 AM »
I picked weed back up last year after I was drinking too much in the beginning of lock down. Been about a year now and I think I'm going to quit again. I got a vape pen last year so I could be sneaky on a vacation, but that turned into being sneaky all day every day. I barely get high from it anymore. Like I used to get super paranoid if I drove stoned, now I'm ripping it before I go to the grocery store, and I'm straight by the time I get there. I smoke real bud at night and even a big joint doesn't do it anymore. At this point, I feel like I'm not getting any benefits, just wasting money and giving myself a headache.

I got paid yesterday, and first thing I did in the morning was look at the two despensery websites to see if they had my carts, even though I still have some, and a decent sized bag of bud. Decided that I'm done fiending for this shit and took the $100 I was going to spend and bought a guitar pedal I've had my eyes on. The time I spent playing with it just yesterday gave me more joy and excitement than $100 worth of carts ever would.

I don't know if I'll quit all together, but definitely putting the pen down and hoping my tolerance goes back up. Haven't hit it yet today. We'll see how this goes.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1237
« Reply #994 on: April 29, 2021, 01:12:20 PM »

coffee grinder your buds
not too fine though
heat for 80min @ 180F

or rub on temples
or back of neck
or dissolve in coffee
so first few sips

once jar gets low
can do many extractions
and amount of oil

its cheaper than smoking

and then sharp drop off

and is addictive

big gut
weak hard ons
earlier death
and is more expensive

Because the oral mucosa is highly vascularised, drugs that are absorbed through the oral mucosa directly enter the systemic circulation, bypassing the gastrointestinal tract and first-pass metabolism in the liver.

ill have three please

alzheimerz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #995 on: April 29, 2021, 01:36:21 PM »
Well looks like I may be making the drive to MA. to pick something up. 5 hour round trip when youre only allowed to buy an oz seems so daunting

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #996 on: April 29, 2021, 01:42:41 PM »
Expand Quote

coffee grinder your buds
not too fine though
heat for 80min @ 180F

or rub on temples
or back of neck
or dissolve in coffee
so first few sips

once jar gets low
can do many extractions
and amount of oil

its cheaper than smoking

and then sharp drop off

and is addictive

big gut
weak hard ons
earlier death
and is more expensive

[close]

ill have three please

High times did 4 different methods and found this to be the most effective.

I make this shit on the regular, decarboxilation (converting smokeable thc into edible thc) begins at 240°F/115° C and you can start to lose quality if the oven is warmer by only 10 degrees. They say the closer you can get to uniform heat, the better. My home oven doesn't go low enough heat wise to 240, I bought an air fryer and have seen better results when calibrated with an analog thermometer.

I grind to medium coarseness, spread evenly on tin foil baking sheet, lightly spray with your favorite 100 proof grain alcohol (either a spray bottle or c02 cart) let stand for 5 minutes, into the 240° oven for 15 minutes, remove, stir the ground material thoroughly (you want to make all the green turn to a 'cooked' brown color) spray again with grain alcohol, let stand 5 minutes, then place it back in the oven for an additional 15. (30 minutes total oven time)

Then, you want to get your coconut or (non salted) butter & repeat the process mentioned, only look for 240°F for your ideal temp +/- 5°.
and a digital/analog thermostat clipped on the inside
heat for 2-4 hrs, maintaining that constant temp the entire duration.
Stir as needed to prevent burning, put eyes on it every 15 minutes once you've established proper temp, etc.
fixed

Strain thru cheese cloth into a bowl, let cool/solidify & prepare to body buzz & sleep like a baby

Wheelbyte

« Reply #997 on: April 29, 2021, 09:10:21 PM »
yeah na
I'm all for simple as

simpler to keep grains in the jar rather than strain
they sink all the way down to the bottom
once your consumed all the oil on top and down to grains
just add more oil and do another extraction

decarboxylation happens **in** the oil
to be sure re decarb
make first extraction 160min @ 180F
include 3 x 10min periods of 200-220F
then future extractions only need 80min

I never get body buzz
its even more a head buzz than smoking
when via gums, cheeks and tongue
however when I put it up my butt....
chicks seem to like it in the puss...

Wheelbyte

« Reply #998 on: April 29, 2021, 09:11:35 PM »

lydius

« Reply #999 on: May 07, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
anybody using a vape for dry herb? i could (and probably should) just invest in a Volcano but I'm seeing some decent reviews for Arizer and Pax stuff. even the Magic flight launch box is kind of intriguing.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1000 on: May 07, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »
anybody using a vape for dry herb? i could (and probably should) just invest in a Volcano but I'm seeing some decent reviews for Arizer and Pax stuff. even the Magic flight launch box is kind of intriguing.
I’d get the Pax. I have had the Arizer solo and the MFLB and were good but they don’t last too long and the quality of your sessions wind down. The Pax gets you mad stoned but it’s expensive.

lydius

« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’d get the Pax. I have had the Arizer solo and the MFLB and were good but they don’t last too long and the quality of your sessions wind down. The Pax gets you mad stoned but it’s expensive.
thanks for that opinion. Pax does get high marks but it's straight conduction. after blowing a whole work day researching all this, i'm thinking one of the S&B models like Mighty or Crafty might be best since they use convection too. for straight convection, the Firefly seems to have the best flavor.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1002 on: May 07, 2021, 07:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
thanks for that opinion. Pax does get high marks but it's straight conduction. after blowing a whole work day researching all this, i'm thinking one of the S&B models like Mighty or Crafty might be best since they use convection too. for straight convection, the Firefly seems to have the best flavor.

Ever take a heat gun to a bong? Pretty legit dry herb vaporizer  :o

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1003 on: May 11, 2021, 06:08:45 PM »
100% do not get the Volcano. It works great but the price is insane. If you want a home use vape I highly recommend the Arizer Extreme Q. If you want portable then look into either the Arizer Air 2 or Argo. A huge plus about the Air 2 and Argo is that they have replaceable batteries. If you get a Pax, over time the battery will diminish the same way it does with your phone or laptop. With the Air or Argo if you buy a new battery for 20 bucks it's like your device is brand new again. I also use an arizer air glass attachment to hook it to my bubbler. l;tdlr Arizer products rule

lydius

« Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »
I ended up getting the Firefly 2+ and the reviews are for real, the taste out of that thing (with very good herb and the lowest setting) is phenomenal. It's a straight convection unit, and I'm tasting the highlights I could smell, but only got the faintest little bit of before with combustion. Loving it so far and trying to keep it clean so it'll last a while before having to disassemble the whole unit for deep-cleaning.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #1005 on: June 30, 2021, 05:06:49 PM »
Got a few homies w their medical card. Have been on the gummies and smoking for like a year now. Recently tried some of the thc8 legal cbd gummies you can get at the gas station and altho they aren't as good as regular gummies I find them enjoyable by themselves and w other gummies /smoking. Any other posters try the thc8 cbd legal shit?

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
« Reply #1006 on: July 11, 2021, 10:23:19 AM »

doesn't appeal to everybody – especially since using it in public sometimes looks like hitting crack – but a Dynavap Vapcap is great vape. Super efficient. Good taste and really quick to heat up. 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1007 on: July 23, 2021, 03:53:11 PM »
I am thinking I am going to start making teas and putting CBD/THC flower into them.  Looks like decarbing is what I need to do.  What is the shelf life of decarbed flower?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1008 on: July 23, 2021, 05:15:30 PM »
I am thinking I am going to start making teas and putting CBD/THC flower into them.  Looks like decarbing is what I need to do.  What is the shelf life of decarbed flower?

You might be better off making an oil. You could make either something like RSO or, even better ime and for this method of ingestion, would be to make a coconut oil infusion. You'd get a 50% supply of MCT (compared to straight concentrated MCT oil), all those healthy fats, and it stores for a long long long time in the fridge. It can also be used for other purposes - baking, massage, etc.

Wait. Maybe i misread this post but am gonna leave what I wrote anyways - are you trying to make pre packaged, or like a bulk jar of ganja tea? I don't know about decarb and shelf life, but I do know well that the longer herb sits after its been removed from the stalk, trimmed of leaf and dried for consumption, that THC and other cannabinoids break down, but its not as fast of a process as the hype makes it out to be. Air tight herb, not exposed to sunlight can last for years without losing much of anything, especially if it hasn't been trimmed. What generally happens is that as exposed material ages it becomes more sedative, actually making it better for non inhalation based methods of consumption, than fresher bud.

Either way, I don't imagine that decarbed weed is going to go bad or lose potency in a particularly quick way. The chemical reaction has already happened. Jar it up or vacuum seal it and keep it away from light.

How much do you plan to do at a time? And, if you have access to trim, that's the way to go. Often a higher concentration of cannabinoids and its cheeeeeeap.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1009 on: July 23, 2021, 06:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You might be better off making an oil. You could make either something like RSO or, even better ime and for this method of ingestion, would be to make a coconut oil infusion. You'd get a 50% supply of MCT (compared to straight concentrated MCT oil), all those healthy fats, and it stores for a long long long time in the fridge. It can also be used for other purposes - baking, massage, etc.

Wait. Maybe i misread this post but am gonna leave what I wrote anyways - are you trying to make pre packaged, or like a bulk jar of ganja tea? I don't know about decarb and shelf life, but I do know well that the longer herb sits after its been removed from the stalk, trimmed of leaf and dried for consumption, that THC and other cannabinoids break down, but its not as fast of a process as the hype makes it out to be. Air tight herb, not exposed to sunlight can last for years without losing much of anything, especially if it hasn't been trimmed. What generally happens is that as exposed material ages it becomes more sedative, actually making it better for non inhalation based methods of consumption, than fresher bud.

Either way, I don't imagine that decarbed weed is going to go bad or lose potency in a particularly quick way. The chemical reaction has already happened. Jar it up or vacuum seal it and keep it away from light.

How much do you plan to do at a time? And, if you have access to trim, that's the way to go. Often a higher concentration of cannabinoids and its cheeeeeeap.

Great info, thanks for sharing!  I just decarbed an ounce that I have had for probably a year and some change.  My thought was that I'd just decarb all of it and then make tea because I have a lot of tea I should use as well.  Basically I am in the process of using up all the goods in my house that I have had on hand for awhile (e.g., food, spices, etc.).

You're right about trim being cost effective.  The place I ordered CBD flower from has 1/2 pounds for 50 bucks.  Their Delta 8 CBD was awesome in my experience, although I will admit I have a very low tolerance in comparison to my youth.

Do you think it is too late to do an oil-infused thing? So far I have just put it in the oven.  I guess I could just put it in some oil and find out.

Never forget:

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1010 on: July 23, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »
Has anyone ever melted a little bit of hash into some yoghurt?  It’s fucking mint ay

For a good laugh make your missus or roommate breakfast and say nothing

My mate did this to me on a job, cheeky cunt brought me in coffee and biscotti he made and I was all thanks bro mad breakfast and maybe hour later I was fucked and tav says how you feeling bro, I put so much weed in that biscotti

I couldn’t even drive home I had to have a sleep for a few hours
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1011 on: July 23, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »
weed is tight

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1012 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:01 PM »
I put my decarbed stuff into coconut oil, I'll see how it turns out.  Probably use it for bulletproof coffee too.

Does anyone have recommendations for grinders? I have one that is in my mind small (e.g., 2.5 inches). I have been to a few shops and looked online and even the larger sizes are way smaller than I imagined. Ideally, I'd like to grind an 8th at a time if not more.  Thanks!

Never forget:

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #1013 on: July 24, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »
I put my decarbed stuff into coconut oil, I'll see how it turns out.  Probably use it for bulletproof coffee too.

Does anyone have recommendations for grinders? I have one that is in my mind small (e.g., 2.5 inches). I have been to a few shops and looked online and even the larger sizes are way smaller than I imagined. Ideally, I'd like to grind an 8th at a time if not more.  Thanks!

https://rawthentic.com/lifegrinder/

This one is 100% disassembleable for cleaning, has a "pollen catcher" my only bad thing i have to say is it is aluminum and if it falls on a wood floor, it fucks the threads up and grinding isn't as smooth. You can cop em for less on Amazon or somewhere less Jeff Bezos Positive.

Looking forward to any superior suggestions!

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: July 25, 2021, 10:32:50 AM »

Depending on how fine you want it, since you're not smoking it, a coffee grinder does the job

TerryFunk

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1015 on: August 05, 2021, 05:58:04 PM »

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1016 on: August 12, 2021, 11:23:46 PM »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1017 on: August 13, 2021, 07:37:34 PM »

ive tried all the ones listed, nothing comes close tomy Underdog log vape.
It uses a tiny amount and I cut my consumption in 1/4th.
Flavor is out of the world.
I've had it plugged in for over a year

not a shill i love this thing, got mine w walnut wood
https://www.underdogvapes.com/
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1018 on: August 14, 2021, 01:55:06 AM »

This stuff is ok grabbed a small handful for photo and got the crystal shit all over my hand
It gets all over the scissors chopping
I like chopping weed with scissors

Ran out one time and got some cigarette and wiped it around the bag and smoked that through a bong
Got stoned, it was pretty rough though
listen to cosmic psychos

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1019 on: August 14, 2021, 04:27:00 PM »

This stuff is ok grabbed a small handful for photo and got the crystal shit all over my hand
It gets all over the scissors chopping
I like chopping weed with scissors

Ran out one time and got some cigarette and wiped it around the bag and smoked that through a bong
Got stoned, it was pretty rough though

what's the outdoor weed growing scene like in OZ? great climate for the long tall sativa plants and shit I reckon