Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180804 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #900 on: December 17, 2020, 03:06:12 PM »
Bud is the only thing that helps my Crohn’s disease/UC/etc. I’ve been part of the medical program since before a dispo had even opened. if any nyc/nj slap heads are actually growers hit my DMs.

Anyone else got stomach issues (malabsorption etc) that render edibles useless? no amount of edibles has ever had an effect on me in the last 16 years, it’s fucked. I just eat them and shit them out, never had one work once.

Weed saves lives free max b

If you can get cannabis oil for oral consumption, I’ve found that holding it in my mouth/under my tongue for a few minutes works way better than eating it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #901 on: December 18, 2020, 10:02:44 PM »
Just came here to say this is my 420th post with 69 rep. Thinking of hanging it up and leaving my account at numeric perfection @bobbypuleo

I want to help you hold that 69 strong and level, but feel bad simultaneously. Kinda like @iKobrakai. No shame though, I like consistent reps.

Back on topic. I just moved from Humboldt County; part of three counties in California that dictated the standards for modern dank. I was on a restoration team that cleaned up the environmental crimes from illegal cannabis operations.
AMA.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Themanwiththeplan

• Rep: -47
« Reply #902 on: December 19, 2020, 01:11:08 AM »
Expand Quote
It's hard to remember a day I went without smoking some greens. And they say it's not an addictive drug. Smh
[close]
You can quit bro just believe and dont give up. The first few nights will be difficult but after like 5 days you are more or less in the clear
Ya it's been a long time since I've gone longer than 5 days without it, I wanna say at least a couple years. After I graduated highschool I started kicking it with a friend who got me into smoking blunts and now I have to smoke at least one dutch spliff a day to stay satisfied but I used to smoke 3-4 a day. Straight cali indoor gas being put into these blunt spliffs too. The worst part about it is all the money I spent over the years, I'd say about $100 a week so 5,200 a year. My dad is also a heavy drinker and tobacco chewer. His health has been declining fast these last couple years and lately he's been having a lot of stomach pain and says his kidneys hurt. It's situations like that, they sorta make me rethink how I'm living and why I should take sobriety seriously. Tomorrow is my 21st birthday and I'm gonna try and remain sober for the following week since it's nearing Christmas and I'm probably gonna need to be clear minded when I see all my relatives. 

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #903 on: December 19, 2020, 02:22:40 AM »
Yeah weed is def addictive. If I don’t smoke before going to sleep I’ll be half awake for hours and when I finally start drifting off, I get sleep paralysis multiple times over the next hour or two.
It’s super rare for me to go to sleep without being stoned tho.

On another note: I had 5 teeth pulled a couple days ago so I can’t smoke or chew so I’ve been making firecrackers but blending them into a smoothie after it’s done being baked.
Milk, blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, weed, graham crackers. It tastes way better than eating the firecracker by itself.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #904 on: December 19, 2020, 03:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's hard to remember a day I went without smoking some greens. And they say it's not an addictive drug. Smh
[close]
You can quit bro just believe and dont give up. The first few nights will be difficult but after like 5 days you are more or less in the clear
[close]
Ya it's been a long time since I've gone longer than 5 days without it, I wanna say at least a couple years. After I graduated highschool I started kicking it with a friend who got me into smoking blunts and now I have to smoke at least one dutch spliff a day to stay satisfied but I used to smoke 3-4 a day. Straight cali indoor gas being put into these blunt spliffs too. The worst part about it is all the money I spent over the years, I'd say about $100 a week so 5,200 a year. My dad is also a heavy drinker and tobacco chewer. His health has been declining fast these last couple years and lately he's been having a lot of stomach pain and says his kidneys hurt. It's situations like that, they sorta make me rethink how I'm living and why I should take sobriety seriously. Tomorrow is my 21st birthday and I'm gonna try and remain sober for the following week since it's nearing Christmas and I'm probably gonna need to be clear minded when I see all my relatives.
Health is wealth homie and im not jus saying that. The rich man in a hospital wishes for only 1 thing and its not attainable with money. If it concerns you which it does and should tell pops you love him and want him to quit fr. A hundred bucks a week is pretty steep too whew you could get a fresh board once a week for kicks and still have funds left over for some high quality takeout when going skating. But its about more than money my young bro. At least 1 a day means like you prob smoke 2 dutches most days right. Or a dutch and some bong rips in between or something. Blunts are especially bad for lungs too

Suddenly cutting off all weed and sticking to that program is highly respectable and shows serious discipline. And im not suggesting you do otherwise. But if you fail once do not i repeat do not translate that to giving up or hopelessness. Not saying this to encourage failure in any way because i do want you to be liberated from this mental hole fast and its not always easy to suddenly stop. But the fact that you want to be sober for a full week before seeing family on Christmas speaks volumes on how much you do want to be free of this. And addiction comes in many forms fr and so this is not even the only addiction you prob have that will need to be worked on but its a step in the right direction even in thought so im happy for you. Put that thought into action and be liberated

Stop smoking blunts. Especially more than 1 a day fr. Get raws the organic papers and put in wayy less bud and set a rigorous pace of weening it off. A single small bowl rip before sleep if you absolutely have to or a gummy but i dont even suggest that tbh. Fight off the sleep paralysis astral demons however many nights it takes. Thats what being a man is homie manning up is not an easy task. How disappointing it is every time you fail and the misery and self shame i understand all that. All the perceived health benefit excuses aside this is the face of addiction. Is it worth it to be miserable and addicted and be filled with self loathing just to be durred out for a few hours? Nah homie you can do this. I still want you to try and be sober until Christmas as if theres no tomorrow after that. And if your friends dont support you they are not your friends

I threw out my bong a while ago. Got like a small legal amount of bud and a some raws left taped in a tiny case sitting in the open. But its not to smoke. Fr tho. Its a trophy of triumph over my years of hopelessness and addiction. Its to laugh in the face of that addiction which used to control me. To let it know that im its master not the other way around

Dont look up to pro skaters being durred out. They are circus animals. Im praying for you friend

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #905 on: December 19, 2020, 06:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Just came here to say this is my 420th post with 69 rep. Thinking of hanging it up and leaving my account at numeric perfection @bobbypuleo
[close]

I want to help you hold that 69 strong and level, but feel bad simultaneously. Kinda like @iKobrakai. No shame though, I like consistent reps.

Back on topic. I just moved from Humboldt County; part of three counties in California that dictated the standards for modern dank. I was on a restoration team that cleaned up the environmental crimes from illegal cannabis operations.
AMA.
One of my hometown friend has been cleaning waterways in Garberville for awhile. 
I remember my first trip up into those hills.  I asked why there was a giant bounce house/air trampoline in the woods. Coming from a water plentiful area, I never imagined needing a water bladder so big. Needles to say, I got made fun of that whole season. 

Themanwiththeplan

• Rep: -47
« Reply #906 on: December 19, 2020, 07:27:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Health is wealth homie and im not jus saying that. The rich man in a hospital wishes for only 1 thing and its not attainable with money. If it concerns you which it does and should tell pops you love him and want him to quit fr. A hundred bucks a week is pretty steep too whew you could get a fresh board once a week for kicks and still have funds left over for some high quality takeout when going skating. But its about more than money my young bro. At least 1 a day means like you prob smoke 2 dutches most days right. Or a dutch and some bong rips in between or something. Blunts are especially bad for lungs too

Suddenly cutting off all weed and sticking to that program is highly respectable and shows serious discipline. And im not suggesting you do otherwise. But if you fail once do not i repeat do not translate that to giving up or hopelessness. Not saying this to encourage failure in any way because i do want you to be liberated from this mental hole fast and its not always easy to suddenly stop. But the fact that you want to be sober for a full week before seeing family on Christmas speaks volumes on how much you do want to be free of this. And addiction comes in many forms fr and so this is not even the only addiction you prob have that will need to be worked on but its a step in the right direction even in thought so im happy for you. Put that thought into action and be liberated

Stop smoking blunts. Especially more than 1 a day fr. Get raws the organic papers and put in wayy less bud and set a rigorous pace of weening it off. A single small bowl rip before sleep if you absolutely have to or a gummy but i dont even suggest that tbh. Fight off the sleep paralysis astral demons however many nights it takes. Thats what being a man is homie manning up is not an easy task. How disappointing it is every time you fail and the misery and self shame i understand all that. All the perceived health benefit excuses aside this is the face of addiction. Is it worth it to be miserable and addicted and be filled with self loathing just to be durred out for a few hours? Nah homie you can do this. I still want you to try and be sober until Christmas as if theres no tomorrow after that. And if your friends dont support you they are not your friends

I threw out my bong a while ago. Got like a small legal amount of bud and a some raws left taped in a tiny case sitting in the open. But its not to smoke. Fr tho. Its a trophy of triumph over my years of hopelessness and addiction. Its to laugh in the face of that addiction which used to control me. To let it know that im its master not the other way around

Dont look up to pro skaters being durred out. They are circus animals. Im praying for you friend
I just woke up randomly around 5 in the morning and now I can't get back to sleep but thanks for the advice and prayers man. I can tell there are some down to earth folks on this forum and that's why I recently joined.

Addiction just kinda runs in my family but some are a lot better at handling it then others. I wanna tell my dad I love him and I want him to quit but I feel that we've lost respect for each other these past couple years and we aren't quite as close anymore. I've wasted hella money on not only weed this year, but acid,shrooms, and happy endings at massage parlors too. My parents both know this and I don't blame them for looking at me like I'm fucking up my life cause I haven't made the best decisions.

I already ghosted all my old "friends" because they were all stoner idiots themselves or just untrustworthy people. I've also learned not to idolize anybody cause that shit is stupid. That's what got me into weed I think now Looking back. Idolizing the shake junt crew when I was in middle school and wanting to be like them is what got me to try it . It's funny now too cause most people on baker/ deathwish are getting sober these days. When you're young you look up to these guys like they got everything in life figured out as if they're skate board super heroes but the thing is they still got plenty of issues and aspects of their life that they still haven't figured out how to fix. I probably look up to Jamie thomas more than anyone now because of that cigarette story how he compared it to the timeline of life.

Anyways, I respect you for your discipline and I hope that I can one day stare at my weed and say fuck you I'm better and stronger than you. It's always nice to just take a tolerance break every here and there even though I'm usually never capable of doing so but I'ma give it a try. I feel like I haven't been baked in a long time just constantly buzzed from my high tolerance levels blocking me of reaching that high thc psycho active experience.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #907 on: December 19, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I just woke up randomly around 5 in the morning and now I can't get back to sleep but thanks for the advice and prayers man. I can tell there are some down to earth folks on this forum and that's why I recently joined.

Addiction just kinda runs in my family but some are a lot better at handling it then others. I wanna tell my dad I love him and I want him to quit but I feel that we've lost respect for each other these past couple years and we aren't quite as close anymore. I've wasted hella money on not only weed this year, but acid,shrooms, and happy endings at massage parlors too. My parents both know this and I don't blame them for looking at me like I'm fucking up my life cause I haven't made the best decisions.

I already ghosted all my old "friends" because they were all stoner idiots themselves or just untrustworthy people. I've also learned not to idolize anybody cause that shit is stupid. That's what got me into weed I think now Looking back. Idolizing the shake junt crew when I was in middle school and wanting to be like them is what got me to try it . It's funny now too cause most people on baker/ deathwish are getting sober these days. When you're young you look up to these guys like they got everything in life figured out as if they're skate board super heroes but the thing is they still got plenty of issues and aspects of their life that they still haven't figured out how to fix. I probably look up to Jamie thomas more than anyone now because of that cigarette story how he compared it to the timeline of life.

Anyways, I respect you for your discipline and I hope that I can one day stare at my weed and say fuck you I'm better and stronger than you. It's always nice to just take a tolerance break every here and there even though I'm usually never capable of doing so but I'ma give it a try. I feel like I haven't been baked in a long time just constantly buzzed from my high tolerance levels blocking me of reaching that high thc psycho active experience.
Your father loves you homie. Idk if he is the expressive type to begin with but i think this Christmas or even before if you pulled him aside and told him exactly what you told me and came straight forward like that he would be absolutely floored by your words, they are honest powerful and loving. He might even cry a bit inside or not and hug you idk. He would be filled with joy to see that his son isnt lost and that it is all worth it. You getting better may even inspire your pops to do the same. Its why parents say do as i say not as i do

There will always be weak people who claim addiction runs in their genes and use it as an excuse to indulge in the choices they know are wrong deep down. Its weakness and self deceit and failure. I knew someone like that as well we all do. And he is prob still lamenting in self pity and drinking himself braindead tbh but i will not let the wrongdoings of others drag me down if they dont want to help themselves in the right direction. And so its good that you left those friends because who cares about likes on social media or clips or any of that bs at the end of the day. People who put pride into vanity and take ig and such seriously are all douchebags anyway lol youre better off without those deadweights. Without even trying to slander thats what they are and will be until if and when they decide to work on any real positive changes in their own and others lives. No one can do this on their own my bro be good and have faith. And endure. This is the test of life and there are no second chances. I used to love slandering pros here for sport too like many do but realized i can still post without doing that

I used to drink away 60 bucks a day at the bar, trip out, snort, etc. Pretty much everything but i never touched needles. My mind body and soul broke down and i had to make a choice. Im grateful everyday that i made the right one. We are truly blessed because there are countless people out there not even necessarily in starving nations but homeless down the street who still have to go through the same struggle. Then there are the countless poor souls who have to go through the same struggle but after a shift at a mine digging for blood diamonds and no clean water. This is the world we live in a wretched evil den of snakes and we are surrounded by them and chickens who want nothing more than our demise. You will endure and get past them as well as the struggles with addiction

You are well on your way already by thinking this way homie. Let go of the shame. Let go of the hate and debt you feel owed in any way. Pity those who seek to wreck you in eternity but dont back down either. Without anger and wrath. If you seek to truly change for good you are not your past mistakes. You are not in any way the mistakes of your lineage. You are not a byproduct of media and the callous soulless world that seeks to ruin you. Now endure. And act because you are strong. This was supposed to happen to you. To live and learn and love and pity all creatures who dont. Right now go tell your father you love him and that youre trying to change your ways in this ultimatum and that youre sorry for having disappointed him. This one doesnt have to be the big talk you want to have with him per se but it will lead you in that direction. Dont coolguy awkward yourself or pops because there are many who dont have fathers. I will keep praying and hoping good thoughts for you my lil bro

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #908 on: December 19, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AMA.

it trips me out when I meet people who worked for the county/state but not on the hill.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #909 on: December 20, 2020, 07:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote

AMA.
[close]
One of my hometown friend has been cleaning waterways in Garberville for awhile. 
I remember my first trip up into those hills.  I asked why there was a giant bounce house/air trampoline in the woods. Coming from a water plentiful area, I never imagined needing a water bladder so big. Needles to say, I got made fun of that whole season. 

We're you up on farm work for that season or doing watershed rehab?

Expand Quote

AMA.
[close]

it trips me out when I meet people who worked for the county/state but not on the hill.

Try living in Cannabis Capital USA and not being able to smoke weed. Shit sucked.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #910 on: December 20, 2020, 08:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

AMA.
[close]

[close]

We're you up on farm work for that season or doing watershed rehab?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

AMA.
[close]

[close]

Try living in Cannabis Capital USA and not being able to smoke weed. Shit sucked.

its home, homie. I feel you. restoration work is cool. I had some buds who did salmon restoration and loved it.

Tumbleweed

• Rep: 16
« Reply #911 on: December 21, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »
finally quit

kozta

• Rep: 0
« Reply #912 on: February 07, 2021, 03:15:19 AM »
Pulling the trigger on a new light set up. Starting to contemplate an LED instead of HPS. I've been using 1,000W HPS for 15 years. Thinking it's time for a change, at least to a lower wattage. Anyone have suggestions?
Also, got some Autoflower seeds, but not sure if I want to even bother with them.

Autoflowers are pretty easy to grow, but you have to put an extra effort if you want big yields. Check this guide: https://2fast4buds.com/news/how-to-fatten-up-your-cannabis-buds-before-harvesting

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #913 on: February 07, 2021, 04:33:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Pulling the trigger on a new light set up. Starting to contemplate an LED instead of HPS. I've been using 1,000W HPS for 15 years. Thinking it's time for a change, at least to a lower wattage. Anyone have suggestions?
Also, got some Autoflower seeds, but not sure if I want to even bother with them.
[close]

Autoflowers are pretty easy to grow, but you have to put an extra effort if you want big yields. Check this guide: https://2fast4buds.com/news/how-to-fatten-up-your-cannabis-buds-before-harvesting

Autoflowers are the poncho molar of cannabis.

Gentleman ninja warlock

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #914 on: February 07, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »
That’s a good thing right? I rate autos for personal use...I honestly don’t know a whole bunch about it and certainly not feasible on commercial scale but still, the strongest shit I’ve smoked was of autos

I mean they’re probably all different but if you got a bunch of the same ones you can get shit dialled in, you can defz top em sometimes don’t care what anyone says...topping with a net and a bit of lst and you’re laughing...also coco, just cause you got no time you want to make everything easy as
Lotta people water em way too much too

Just suss growdiaries for your strain and see what others have done, easy as
listen to cosmic psychos

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #915 on: February 07, 2021, 06:30:45 AM »
That’s a good thing right? I rate autos for personal use...I honestly don’t know a whole bunch about it and certainly not feasible on commercial scale but still, the strongest shit I’ve smoked was of autos

I mean they’re probably all different but if you got a bunch of the same ones you can get shit dialled in, you can defz top em sometimes don’t care what anyone says...topping with a net and a bit of lst and you’re laughing...also coco, just cause you got no time you want to make everything easy as
Lotta people water em way too much too

Just suss growdiaries for your strain and see what others have done, easy as

I'm a breeder so mu standards are higher. In no way, shape or form will I use autos. Super expensive seeds for subpar cannabis. That being said, they do have their place...

1)rookie grower
2)time issues

Rudaralis bred into a plant definitely weakened the cannabinoid content, but not so much the terpene content.  Also low yeilds is and issue, and potting/overwatering is an issue.

In order to yeild anything decent on an auto, you need big pots. And most people have issues with overwatering in the first place, which can cause alot of issues including root rot. But...if your watering game is on point, you can do ok.

I'd prefer to see people choose a feminized photoperiod over an autoflower. Almost all autos are feminized anyhow, so you dont have to worry much about sexing plants. But with photos, you can still transplant and have more control and better yeilds. Just change up the light cycle.

Photos act just like autos if you grow them on a 12/12 schedule after seedling stage anyhow. Much cheaper seeds, better cannabinoid content

But to each their own
Gentleman ninja warlock

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #916 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:40 AM »
 Funny to read that post from 2018.
The RocBudInc DosiBreath Auto I just harvested got tested at 29%.  Super dense, tasty and pretty. I just buy a small pack, take a cut (Autos root just fine) and reverse for tons of free S1 seeds. Can't wait for the early spring thaw. I'll harvest 2 auto runs before the outdoor photos even start to flower. So quick. I do wash and press 75% of my photo yeilds.

@Betaphenylethylalamine why the move to the states? Montana right? That market about to open up? Bozeman, whitefish, it's all so beautiful

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #917 on: February 07, 2021, 01:26:15 PM »
Funny to read that post from 2018.
The RocBudInc DosiBreath Auto I just harvested got tested at 29%.  Super dense, tasty and pretty. I just buy a small pack, take a cut (Autos root just fine) and reverse for tons of free S1 seeds. Can't wait for the early spring thaw. I'll harvest 2 auto runs before the outdoor photos even start to flower. So quick. I do wash and press 75% of my photo yeilds.

@Betaphenylethylalamine why the move to the states? Montana right? That market about to open up? Bozeman, whitefish, it's all so beautiful

Rocbud is like 1/4 of the properly bred autos out. Did you test yours, or is that their numbers?

Yeah, montana bound after this cold spell. And yes, that's the word.

It is super pretty, I'm eagerly awaiting getting there. Its currently-37 here and I'm sick of that shit

Gentleman ninja warlock

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #918 on: February 07, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »
My local dispensary had a buy two get a third for a penny super bowl sale and now I've got enough gummy edibles to get me to my birthday. I've transitioned mostly to edibles at the end of the day to decompress all the stress of the day

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #919 on: February 08, 2021, 07:00:07 AM »
My local dispensary had a buy two get a third for a penny super bowl sale and now I've got enough gummy edibles to get me to my birthday. I've transitioned mostly to edibles at the end of the day to decompress all the stress of the day

I always have alot of weed at my disposal and edibles and hash are still my favourite.

I always says edibles are like the mushrooms of cannabis. It's just such a different high.

Nice pick up on the sale!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #920 on: February 08, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
I've been smoking a couple of bowls every day for probably 6 years and even before that smoked a lot for 2-3 years. 

I'm 28 now and slowly realizing that I'm just not that interested in being high anymore.

i still love weed in all its forms...I'm just finding myself craving the clarity of my own unencumbered mind than I am having a weed fog all the time.  I dunno.

i smoke a lot, drink a lot, and use a lil vape thing a lot and after last year, I've realized I need to drop 1 of them and slow way down on the other two. 

all things going into my body that I get absolutely no return on.  health-wise or financially.

I think weed will always have a place in my life in one way or another, especially edibles and other non-smoking methods.  Just at much more of a moderated frequency.

maybe I'm getting old

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #921 on: February 08, 2021, 11:53:45 AM »
34 here and in the exact same boat.  Was slipping back into my old depressed and angry ways recently, and it was poorly affecting my overall health, job and relationship.  I’ve only had one puff with a friend in the past 3 weeks, and I’m shocked at how much better I already feel and how I don’t even crave it really.  I’m much more clearheaded, optimistic about the future, confident.  Sleeping hasn’t even been an issue and I was sure it would be.  It’s a really nice change.  I strongly recommend attempting a break if it’s straining your quality of life in similar ways.  Obviously not judging anyone in here who does enjoy/benefit from it, but if you reach a point where you don’t, there is a light on the other side.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #922 on: February 08, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »
I've been smoking a couple of bowls every day for probably 6 years and even before that smoked a lot for 2-3 years. 

I'm 28 now and slowly realizing that I'm just not that interested in being high anymore.

i still love weed in all its forms...I'm just finding myself craving the clarity of my own unencumbered mind than I am having a weed fog all the time.  I dunno.

i smoke a lot, drink a lot, and use a lil vape thing a lot and after last year, I've realized I need to drop 1 of them and slow way down on the other two. 

all things going into my body that I get absolutely no return on.  health-wise or financially.

I think weed will always have a place in my life in one way or another, especially edibles and other non-smoking methods.  Just at much more of a moderated frequency.

maybe I'm getting old

the herb will always be there and if you need a vessel, she's always going to have the capacity to take you somewhere. I go periods where I won't eat/burn any herbs for months on end. Just because you can, doesn't mean you've gotta rip fat bowls all the time. develop a relationship with the plant that works. If you're having a hard time getting off it, try burning some CBD flower to start breaking the habit.

But I know what you mean about not having an interest in being "high" all the time. I can puff tuff man, but I'd rather just take a little bit in and let it settle itself in, then take a little more, and a little more when it's feeling right. Biggest thing I see as a way to cut consumption is to smoke less, you feel me? If you're smoking the good good, try taking just 1 or 2 wacks and see what happens. shift the blazing paradigm lol

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #923 on: February 08, 2021, 03:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote

maybe I'm getting old
[close]

the herb will always be there and if you need a vessel, she's always going to have the capacity to take you somewhere. I go periods where I won't eat/burn any herbs for months on end. Just because you can, doesn't mean you've gotta rip fat bowls all the time. develop a relationship with the plant that works. If you're having a hard time getting off it, try burning some CBD flower to start breaking the habit.

But I know what you mean about not having an interest in being "high" all the time. I can puff tuff man, but I'd rather just take a little bit in and let it settle itself in, then take a little more, and a little more when it's feeling right. Biggest thing I see as a way to cut consumption is to smoke less, you feel me? If you're smoking the good good, try taking just 1 or 2 wacks and see what happens. shift the blazing paradigm lol

Very solid advice!!!! Very solid advice for new smokers too!

No need to be blazing blunts right out of the gate and greening out, just have a few puffs and feel it out
Gentleman ninja warlock

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #924 on: February 08, 2021, 03:50:01 PM »
Anyone here ship some dank? *cough* *cough*

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #925 on: February 08, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »
I’m nearly 40 been smoking everyday for basically my entire adult life.

Had to travel to do some eldercare/family stuff and haven’t smoked for nearly a month. I would love to say I feel more focused or less depressed/anxious but that hasn’t really been my experience.

I’m doing ok without but I’m having pretty intense nightmares just about every night. Not used to remembering my dreams at all let alone experiencing bugged out nightmares like this.

Wondering if a high dose of melatonin might have some positive effect?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #926 on: February 08, 2021, 06:59:43 PM »

Had to travel to do some eldercare/family stuff and haven’t smoked for nearly a month. I would love to say I feel more focused or less depressed/anxious but that hasn’t really been my experience.

I’m doing ok without but I’m having pretty intense nightmares just about every night. Not used to remembering my dreams at all let alone experiencing bugged out nightmares like this.

melatonin can help for sleep, especially if it's the good shit. I really like passionflower, valerian, skull cap, and chamomile in teas and tinctures for day to day anxiety and shit.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #927 on: February 08, 2021, 10:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

melatonin can help for sleep, especially if it's the good shit. I really like passionflower, valerian, skull cap, and chamomile in teas and tinctures for day to day anxiety and shit.

Be careful to those wanting to try melatonin,  it's not a "more is better" compound. Start at .5mg, increase every 3rd or 4thh day by.5mg until you sleep well, and stay at that dose.

L theanine, magnesium bisglycinate,  CBD and CBN can help too

Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #928 on: February 08, 2021, 10:05:22 PM »
Anyone here ship some dank? *cough* *cough*

Yes, if your in montana and legal.

If your looking to grow, hit up my dms for seeds

Gentleman ninja warlock

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #929 on: February 08, 2021, 10:06:38 PM »

Melatonin is known to increase the vividness of dreams, feel free to google it and pick your medical journal link of choice. Thus, it might be a rough combo if you’re having frequent intense dreams already.

If you have access to hiking areas, outdoor physical exhaustion is always in the recipe for resting better.