Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 181219 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #930 on: February 08, 2021, 10:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m nearly 40 been smoking everyday for basically my entire adult life.

Had to travel to do some eldercare/family stuff and haven’t smoked for nearly a month. I would love to say I feel more focused or less depressed/anxious but that hasn’t really been my experience.

I’m doing ok without but I’m having pretty intense nightmares just about every night. Not used to remembering my dreams at all let alone experiencing bugged out nightmares like this.

Wondering if a high dose of melatonin might have some positive effect?
[close]

Melatonin is known to increase the vividness of dreams, feel free to google it and pick your medical journal link of choice. Thus, it might be a rough combo if you’re having frequent intense dreams already.

If you have access to hiking areas, outdoor physical exhaustion is always in the recipe for resting better.

See my comment above.

Too much melatonin too fast and you'll have possibly have disturbingly vivid and almost insane night terrors.

That's why I always suggest starting low and increasing only as needed.

Your comment on excercise is amazing yet overlooked. 100% the best way to get a good night sleep is to spend the day outdoors exerting yourself in a positive manner.
Gentleman ninja warlock

nicotinewheel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #931 on: February 09, 2021, 05:28:48 AM »
Melatonin is known to increase the vividness of dreams, feel free to google it and pick your medical journal link of choice. Thus, it might be a rough combo if you’re having frequent intense dreams already.

If you have access to hiking areas, outdoor physical exhaustion is always in the recipe for resting better.
Thanks for the heads up, definitely don’t need these dreams any more vivid.

It’s weird I guess, I haven’t had any issues getting to sleep or with quality of sleep, just not used to having/remembering fucked up dreams.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:49:15 AM by nicotinewheel »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #932 on: February 09, 2021, 10:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone here ship some dank? *cough* *cough*
[close]

Yes, if your in montana and legal.

If your looking to grow, hit up my dms for seeds
can you ship dank to jersey? i know you know what youre doing and i only fuck with that top notch type beat. its legal for rec here now as of last month plus i got medical card if that does anything for ya. but ive been getting quaps etc sent from all over vacuum sealed for years now, and i havnt a problem once. if you wanna do some business hmu i know you saw my post in the other thread, i need all the good bud i can get these days as ive finally cut everything else out. spacepiff or no piff thats what i say.

free max b
FREE MAX B

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #933 on: February 09, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
That’s a good thing right? I rate autos for personal use...I honestly don’t know a whole bunch about it and certainly not feasible on commercial scale but still, the strongest shit I’ve smoked was of autos

I mean they’re probably all different but if you got a bunch of the same ones you can get shit dialled in, you can defz top em sometimes don’t care what anyone says...topping with a net and a bit of lst and you’re laughing...also coco, just cause you got no time you want to make everything easy as
Lotta people water em way too much too

Just suss growdiaries for your strain and see what others have done, easy as
[close]

I'm a breeder so mu standards are higher. In no way, shape or form will I use autos. Super expensive seeds for subpar cannabis. That being said, they do have their place...

1)rookie grower
2)time issues

Rudaralis bred into a plant definitely weakened the cannabinoid content, but not so much the terpene content.  Also low yeilds is and issue, and potting/overwatering is an issue.

In order to yeild anything decent on an auto, you need big pots. And most people have issues with overwatering in the first place, which can cause alot of issues including root rot. But...if your watering game is on point, you can do ok.

I'd prefer to see people choose a feminized photoperiod over an autoflower. Almost all autos are feminized anyhow, so you dont have to worry much about sexing plants. But with photos, you can still transplant and have more control and better yeilds. Just change up the light cycle.

Photos act just like autos if you grow them on a 12/12 schedule after seedling stage anyhow. Much cheaper seeds, better cannabinoid content

But to each their own

I have grown both photos and autos and I will definitely grow a variety of both in the future but autos are more in my wheelhouse currently because of space. Autos are perfect for small setups and the ability to perpetually harvest every single month with staggard staging in two separate tents is a dream. You can do that with cuttings from a photoperiod mother but if space is an issue then that could be a problem. Also even if you clone a mother plant, you’ll need to wait until the clones grow well to put them in the flowering stage because you can’t push the clones into the flowering stage immediately. Both the mother and clone will need to wait in the vegetative phase in an 18/6 cycle.

I agree with you that prior generations of autos have lacked in cannabinoid and terpene content like those early Lowryder stains. There were definitely growing pains with the early stages of autos. But I believe that nowadays autos have strong genetic lines and auto breeders like Mephisto and Night Owl actually work photo/auto crosses until F4 and beyond before selling them. Each companies strains haven't been crossed directly with any ruderalis for 10+ generations. They've had several cycles of crossing to photos then breeding to stabilize autoflowering but retain most of the photoperiod parent's other characteristics.

I also think that autos are not easier to grow than photoperiods but the trade-offs for each make both uniquely challenging in their own ways. You have that gap of fixing deficiencies in the veg period of photos before you shift them into flowering that you are not afforded when you grow autoflowers. If you fuck up the veg period in autoflowers then you are going to have a bad time flowering. Light leaks are another issue with photos that you don't get with autos. Lots of low maintenance with autos, smaller and stringent environment control and no worries about light cycles make autos easier to grow than photos, but if you fuck it up autos it's hard to bounce back. Just a lot of advantages and disadvantages with both. Right now the advantages of autos outweigh photos for me personally. When I have the space though, I will definitely be growing some thick and tall photos.

This isn't to say that photoperiods are going to become inferior or obsolete, just a new generation of at-home hobby growers are beginning to adopt the path of autos in a major way.

Love talking about this stuff with you. I still want to sample some Ginos Kush lol. 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #934 on: February 09, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone here ship some dank? *cough* *cough*
[close]

Yes, if your in montana and legal.

If your looking to grow, hit up my dms for seeds
[close]
can you ship dank to jersey? i know you know what youre doing and i only fuck with that top notch type beat. its legal for rec here now as of last month plus i got medical card if that does anything for ya. but ive been getting quaps etc sent from all over vacuum sealed for years now, and i havnt a problem once. if you wanna do some business hmu i know you saw my post in the other thread, i need all the good bud i can get these days as ive finally cut everything else out. spacepiff or no piff thats what i say.

free max b

Def can be arranged

Hit the dms pete!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #935 on: February 09, 2021, 05:27:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s a good thing right? I rate autos for personal use...I honestly don’t know a whole bunch about it and certainly not feasible on commercial scale but still, the strongest shit I’ve smoked was of autos

I mean they’re probably all different but if you got a bunch of the same ones you can get shit dialled in, you can defz top em sometimes don’t care what anyone says...topping with a net and a bit of lst and you’re laughing...also coco, just cause you got no time you want to make everything easy as

[close]

I'm a breeder so mu standards are higher. In no way, shape or form will I use autos. Super expensive seeds for subpar cannabis. That being said, they do have their place...

1)rookie grower
2)time issues

Rudaralis bred into a plant definitely weakened the cannabinoid content, but not so much the terpene content.  Also low yeilds is and issue, and potting/overwatering is an issue.

In order to yeild anything decent on an auto, you need big pots. And most people have issues with overwatering in the first place, which can cause alot of issues including root rot. But...if your watering game is on point, you can do ok.

I'd prefer to see people choose a feminized photoperiod over an autoflower. Almost all autos are feminized anyhow, so you dont have to worry much about sexing plants. But with photos, you can still transplant and have more control and better yeilds. Just change up the light cycle.

Photos act just like autos if you grow them on a 12/12 schedule after seedling stage anyhow. Much cheaper seeds, better cannabinoid content

But to each their own
[close]

I have grown both photos and autos and I will definitely grow a variety of both in the future but autos are more in my wheelhouse currently because of space. Autos are perfect for small setups and the ability to perpetually harvest every single month with staggard staging in two separate tents is a dream. You can do that with cuttings from a photoperiod mother but if space is an issue then that could be a problem. Also even if you clone a mother plant, you’ll need to wait until the clones grow well to put them in the flowering stage because you can’t push the clones into the flowering stage immediately. Both the mother and clone will need to wait in the vegetative phase in an 18/6 cycle.

I agree with you that prior generations of autos have lacked in cannabinoid and terpene content like those early Lowryder stains. There were definitely growing pains with the early stages of autos. But I believe that nowadays autos have strong genetic lines and auto breeders like Mephisto and Night Owl actually work photo/auto crosses until F4 and beyond before selling them. Each companies strains haven't been crossed directly with any ruderalis for 10+ generations. They've had several cycles of crossing to photos then breeding to stabilize autoflowering but retain most of the photoperiod parent's other characteristics.

I also think that autos are not easier to grow than photoperiods but the trade-offs for each make both uniquely challenging in their own ways. You have that gap of fixing deficiencies in the veg period of photos before you shift them into flowering that you are not afforded when you grow autoflowers. If you fuck up the veg period in autoflowers then you are going to have a bad time flowering. Light leaks are another issue with photos that you don't get with autos. Lots of low maintenance with autos, smaller and stringent environment control and no worries about light cycles make autos easier to grow than photos, but if you fuck it up autos it's hard to bounce back. Just a lot of advantages and disadvantages with both. Right now the advantages of autos outweigh photos for me personally. When I have the space though, I will definitely be growing some thick and tall photos.

This isn't to say that photoperiods are going to become inferior or obsolete, just a new generation of at-home hobby growers are beginning to adopt the path of autos in a major way.

Love talking about this stuff with you. I still want to sample some Ginos Kush lol.

I love hearing about it! Great and very valid points. I usually dont get too in depth as I assume some growers are just much more casual growers,  but it's awesome to chat in depth with those with alot of experience!

I'm all over the map with cannabis. I'm breeding, doing personal grows, production runs and production breeding.

Autos definitely have their fair part in the market, but like you said, a grower has less wiggle room so they should be up to snuff (if possible)

I've set up grows for people in their 60s-70s using autos.

I like that you have room to rotate, that's a HUUUUGE bonus not many can attain too. If you time out your rotation, your doing it proper as fuck dood!

I only clone on production runs and for breeding when it's a collab with the breeder(I send him clones of what I'm working, he send me the clones of what hes working) speeds up the process and helps that some of my friends are top notch breeders.not a flex, just a reality in the community and industry.

You have to see the projects I'm working on now, it's just that rare moment when all your selections turn out 100% as planned, which is super rare. I just hot labs back today on testers averaging 30.2% thc, 2% thcv, CBN .33%, CBD 3.5% and over 5% terpene content. That's super fuckin rare so I am stoked!!!!!

Ginos kush is only around for preservation now, I worked it VERY stable at F4 .if ya need some, feel free to hit me up for some seeds.

Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #936 on: February 09, 2021, 09:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

1)rookie grower
2)time issues

But to each their own
[close]

[close]

I love hearing about it! Great and very valid points. I usually dont get too in depth as I assume some growers are just much more casual growers,  but it's awesome to chat in depth with those with alot of experience!

I'm all over the map with cannabis. I'm breeding, doing personal grows, production runs and production breeding.

Autos definitely have their fair part in the market, but like you said, a grower has less wiggle room so they should be up to snuff (if possible)

I've set up grows for people in their 60s-70s using autos.

I like that you have room to rotate, that's a HUUUUGE bonus not many can attain too. If you time out your rotation, your doing it proper as fuck dood!

I only clone on production runs and for breeding when it's a collab with the breeder(I send him clones of what I'm working, he send me the clones of what hes working) speeds up the process and helps that some of my friends are top notch breeders.not a flex, just a reality in the community and industry.

You have to see the projects I'm working on now, it's just that rare moment when all your selections turn out 100% as planned, which is super rare. I just hot labs back today on testers averaging 30.2% thc, 2% thcv, CBN .33%, CBD 3.5% and over 5% terpene content. That's super fuckin rare so I am stoked!!!!!

Ginos kush is only around for preservation now, I worked it VERY stable at F4 .if ya need some, feel free to hit me up for some seeds.

Thanks for the support! I got a lot to learn but I can't wait to get all set up on my next growing adventure and get some more grows under my belt.

That all sounds brilliant. Would love to see the projects you are working on now, especially the 30.2% thc testers. Those numbers are so ideal and dialed in, truly a breeder's dream. Do you have any grow journals? Going to be moving soon to a more friendly grow space, will definitely PM you about those Ginos Kush seeds buddy.  :)

Also @Pete smoking some Ginos Kush would be a wholesome slap story for the ages.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #937 on: February 09, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »
I have so many grow journal its would blow your mind. As a breeder, I keep track of EVERY DETAIL possible in each strain and each grow. Its alot of fuckin work, but well worth it. Nobody wants to be a pollen chucker at this level.

I'm glad you're crushing it, that always makes me happy. People can argue the best techniques wtc all day, but what truly matters is each person is getting what they want/need.

It would be hilarious to have pete review ginos kush! Obviously named after "ginos push". But I was surprised almost nobody on SLAP hit me up for seeds to try and grow it. I love that it's a SLAP name and an inside joke, but also amazing cannabis.

I have plenty of seeds and plenty of flower or even tinctures I've made with it.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #938 on: February 10, 2021, 06:57:04 AM »
I have so many grow journal its would blow your mind. As a breeder, I keep track of EVERY DETAIL possible in each strain and each grow. Its alot of fuckin work, but well worth it. Nobody wants to be a pollen chucker at this level.

I'm glad you're crushing it, that always makes me happy. People can argue the best techniques wtc all day, but what truly matters is each person is getting what they want/need.

It would be hilarious to have pete review ginos kush! Obviously named after "ginos push". But I was surprised almost nobody on SLAP hit me up for seeds to try and grow it. I love that it's a SLAP name and an inside joke, but also amazing cannabis.

I have plenty of seeds and plenty of flower or even tinctures I've made with it.
I’m terrible with growing plants and whatnot plus my house is a townhouse I’m sure the smell would bother the neighborhood. I’d love to try ginos kush if it ever makes it to the east coast!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #939 on: February 10, 2021, 09:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m terrible with growing plants and whatnot plus my house is a townhouse I’m sure the smell would bother the neighborhood. I’d love to try ginos kush if it ever makes it to the east coast!

If you have the room, you can tent grow. If you dont, just make sure you get a decent filter. You wont smell a thing.

There is def people growing ginos on the east coast already, but not on a production level that I'm aware of.

If ya want to grow it, hit me up!
Gentleman ninja warlock

kozta

• Rep: 0
« Reply #940 on: February 15, 2021, 06:01:24 AM »

Autos are pretty good these days, to be honest latest autoflowering genetics will easily beat traditional photoperiodics like lowryder for instance (both in THC content and flavour/terpenes structure). But photos are still better from yield point of view

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2021, 10:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Autos are pretty good these days, to be honest latest autoflowering genetics will easily beat traditional photoperiodics like lowryder for instance (both in THC content and flavour/terpenes structure). But photos are still better from yield point of view

Lol that's not true at all, not even close
Gentleman ninja warlock

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #942 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:15 AM »
Popping approx 100 freeborn selections/ Mean Genes From Mendocino photo beans today. The hunt is officially on. Most excited for the OGOGJaro, and of course the ever elusive Rootbeer BX2. All in Build a soil/coots mixes in 1 gal rain science bags. Any keepers will go into earth box sips under these hlg 600r specs.
Really hoping since the election PA passes the legal bill that's been floating around. Sub $300 for a licence to grow up to 150 count at home while showed to ask direct to disp. Supposed to help local farmers and rural people get by.  VA voters legalized, but judges trying to block, and no home grow allowed. Wish WVa would wake up, run Oklahoma style program and see their entire state become much better if so quickly. More money for programs, less opiate use/death through cannabis harm Reduction. Maybe the feds will actually pass something decent, but doubt it with all the big pharma, tobacco, alcohol lobby loot

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #943 on: February 15, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »
Popping approx 100 freeborn selections/ Mean Genes From Mendocino photo beans today. The hunt is officially on. Most excited for the OGOGJaro, and of course the ever elusive Rootbeer BX2. All in Build a soil/coots mixes in 1 gal rain science bags. Any keepers will go into earth box sips under these hlg 600r specs.
Really hoping since the election PA passes the legal bill that's been floating around. Sub $300 for a licence to grow up to 150 count at home while showed to ask direct to disp. Supposed to help local farmers and rural people get by.  VA voters legalized, but judges trying to block, and no home grow allowed. Wish WVa would wake up, run Oklahoma style program and see their entire state become much better if so quickly. More money for programs, less opiate use/death through cannabis harm Reduction. Maybe the feds will actually pass something decent, but doubt it with all the big pharma, tobacco, alcohol lobby loot

Nice!!!! I got my fingers crossed yall get good laws passed too!

The rootbeer strains have def been elusive. Had to snag them up early. What's the other strain?

Also stoked your doing a decent hunt. Drives me nuts when 99% of people say they found a keep out of 5 seeds or some shit.

I have some pretty wild plans for montana. Cannot wait to start my searches for this project
Gentleman ninja warlock

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #944 on: February 15, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »

Here's how we Californians feel when we see the cost comparison of permitting.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:09:51 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #945 on: February 15, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here's how we California's feel when we see the cost comparison of permitting.

Lol. Sad, very sad. California pretty much made it so corporations and or big investors had to be involved,  its rediculous on every level.

My 500 plant license in canada cost almost nothing. I dont even remember but it was somewhere around $300 canadian, so that's around $200 ish US
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2021, 02:16:25 PM »
Last of my plants come down today and then the move is on!!!!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The rootbeer strains have def been elusive. Had to snag them up early. What's the other strain?

Also stoked your doing a decent hunt. Drives me nuts when 99% of people say they found a keep out of 5 seeds or some shit.

I have some pretty wild plans for montana. Cannot wait to start my searches for this project

Serious question.  What determines a keeper?  It’s not legal here but if I were to grow and needed discretion and time was of the essence, wouldn’t I just keep anything?

But if it’s legal, what makes it a keeper vs a dud? 
You can explain it like I am 5 or be vague like “with experience when you know you know,” but just wondering

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2021, 02:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Serious question.  What determines a keeper?  It’s not legal here but if I were to grow and needed discretion and time was of the essence, wouldn’t I just keep anything?

But if it’s legal, what makes it a keeper vs a dud? 
You can explain it like I am 5 or be vague like “with experience when you know you know,” but just wondering

A "keeper" is a term you'll hear more from breeders, production runs(clones) and or home growers that wish to clone.

Depending on your longitude, latitude and elevation, the attributes you're looking for can vary.

For my personal smoke that I've bred I'm looking at these things...

I personally love narcotic like indicas or "broadleaf ". I want my medicine to be heavy, hit hard and fast and be very resinous. For tastes I want more of an earthy, hash heavy flavour with some chocolate like undertones.

Now to selection of a keeper...

I want fast turn over, 56-65 days flowering. Out of hundreds of the same plant, I'm looking for stability.  Plants that grow very similar, yeild well with nice dense buds, have great mold/pest resistance,  can endure over/underwatering, low humidity, high humidity,  high temps, low temps, grows the same in all mediums etc. To acheive this I'm constantly "testing plants" to ensure these are all met(and more criteria too...ie..can handle light leaks/no hermies)

For selling seeds, you'll also be looking at how nice the plant looks but for personal use, a prettier plant just kinda stokes you out on its beauty.

Its early here so I might have overlooked something,  but feel free to ask anything else!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »
Best Bong for your buck?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
Best Bong for your buck?

So.wthong madecof good glass,?
Gentleman ninja warlock

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #951 on: March 26, 2021, 12:01:31 PM »
So I'm about to go to the headshop and buy a pollen press. I've been accumulating a bunch of kief that I'm never gonna use and figured why not stimulate the economy a little. Also it would be kinda cool to just have some hash pucks to use like Ricky's coins from TPB.

From what I've read, you just put the kief in, crank the press down, and let it sit for 8 hours, cranking the press down a little more every hour or so. I've also seen a more complicated method that uses an oven at a low temp.

Do any of you have experience with pollen presses?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #952 on: March 26, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »
So I'm about to go to the headshop and buy a pollen press. I've been accumulating a bunch of kief that I'm never gonna use and figured why not stimulate the economy a little. Also it would be kinda cool to just have some hash pucks to use like Ricky's coins from TPB.

From what I've read, you just put the kief in, crank the press down, and let it sit for 8 hours, cranking the press down a little more every hour or so. I've also seen a more complicated method that uses an oven at a low temp.

Do any of you have experience with pollen presses?

never had a pollen press, but most definitely have pressed seasons worth of kief into slabs. you got heavy shit at your house? car tires? bulk sacks of food? piles of bricks? they'll all do the trick and not cost anything if you've already go em. all you gotta do is mold the shape you want... Dude I worked with once kept emptying trimmers trim bins of kief into a turkey bag that he just kept folding up and keeping in his back pocket. After a while, due to sitting on it day in and day out, it was a nice, flat hashy slab
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #953 on: March 26, 2021, 05:05:23 PM »
been feeling like flower doesnt do it for me anymore. my asthma has been fucked lately so even smoking a bowl makes me have to hit the albuterol inhaler or nebulizer. thinking about getting into wax/diamonds/whatever theyre calling the new good shit. but i have no source let alone one i know isnt making that shit like ass, nor do i have the correct bong or a torch. but i figure if a few hits is gonna make my asthma fucked regardless, to the point that its not even physically possible to smoke enough for me to really get high without having to take an asthma break, i might as well be coughing up a lung over something much stronger. i have some pretty serious chronic illnesses and im all fucked up on the inside so i try to smoke whatever heavy indicas i can, so for reference, i am trying to get much higher than what might be normal for someone that isnt me.

again i have literally no experience with dabs or anything other than being in LA for a month and hitting one daily while i was there.

thoughts? need some wax ogs to put me on.

free max b
FREE MAX B

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #954 on: March 26, 2021, 05:33:39 PM »
been feeling like flower doesnt do it for me anymore. my asthma has been fucked lately so even smoking a bowl makes me have to hit the albuterol inhaler or nebulizer. thinking about getting into wax/diamonds/whatever theyre calling the new good shit. but i have no source let alone one i know isnt making that shit like ass, nor do i have the correct bong or a torch. but i figure if a few hits is gonna make my asthma fucked regardless, to the point that its not even physically possible to smoke enough for me to really get high without having to take an asthma break, i might as well be coughing up a lung over something much stronger. i have some pretty serious chronic illnesses and im all fucked up on the inside so i try to smoke whatever heavy indicas i can, so for reference, i am trying to get much higher than what might be normal for someone that isnt me.

again i have literally no experience with dabs or anything other than being in LA for a month and hitting one daily while i was there.

free max b

sounds like concentrates may be for you Pete. You pretty much want:
- a rig (bongs are technically for flower)
- a nail (quartz banger is the norm these days)
- a cap with airflow for the banger (helps generate more vapor and stir the oil to hotter spots on the nail)
- a proper torch (Blazer GT800)

Then all that’s left is the product, and a metal dabber/dab tool to scoop up your product and put it in the banger. Don’t settle for shitty product. The price on the set up ranges from cheap china glass of DHGate (sub $100) to the skys the limit. There’s products like puffco peak but that shit can’t replace a dab.

I recommend getting quality US quartz from someone like Quave club banger or a JP Toro Grail, but they get pricey. Your rig doesn’t need to be an art piece but you might want to invest in the material you melt/smoke your concentrate of of. Theres a good few US quartz blowers out there.

Had a solid 5 or so years where I was dabbing heavily, from a half to ~2 grams per day. These days I keep it more moderate, just a lil hash rosin once a night or so. Mix it with the flower.

I still some glass for sale, if you’re interested. Could hook you up with a starter set up. If not, your local headshop or DHGate won’t fail you. I have advice as far as cleaning the rig & nail or letting the banger cool down to an optimal temp and shit like that but that’s enough for now.

To add: The type of concentrate is more than just slang. Wax, shatter, diamonds, sauce, rosin, whatever, are all different. Like how people might call flower kush, or some specific shit that its really not. Some forms of concentrate work better for certain people, so try different shit. I personally find diamond consistently harsh, and prefer 90μm full melt hash rosin sourced properly over everything. Will always have love for proper BHO though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 08:07:27 PM by YungJugg »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #955 on: March 28, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

- a cap with airflow for the banger (helps generate more vapor and stir the oil to hotter spots on the nail)

Then all that’s left is the product, and a metal dabber/dab tool to scoop up your product and put it in the banger. Don’t settle for shitty product. The price on the set up ranges from cheap china glass of DHGate (sub $100) to the skys the limit. There’s products like puffco peak but that shit can’t replace a dab.

I recommend getting quality US quartz from someone like Quave club banger or a JP Toro Grail, but they get pricey. Your rig doesn’t need to be an art piece but you might want to invest in the material you melt/smoke your concentrate of of. Theres a good few US quartz blowers out there.

Had a solid 5 or so years where I was dabbing heavily, from a half to ~2 grams per day. These days I keep it more moderate, just a lil hash rosin once a night or so. Mix it with the flower.

I still some glass for sale, if you’re interested. Could hook you up with a starter set up. If not, your local headshop or DHGate won’t fail you. I have advice as far as cleaning the rig & nail or letting the banger cool down to an optimal temp and shit like that but that’s enough for now.

To add: The type of concentrate is more than just slang. Wax, shatter, diamonds, sauce, rosin, whatever, are all different. Like how people might call flower kush, or some specific shit that its really not. Some forms of concentrate work better for certain people, so try different shit. I personally find diamond consistently harsh, and prefer 90μm full melt hash rosin sourced properly over everything. Will always have love for proper BHO though.

Great info. Only thing I'd say is stay away from BHO. That shit is not good for you.

Also, as I get older, I tend to prefer tinctures, hash and edibles. I love flower but it's more of a treat now.

IMO nothing beats good hash
Gentleman ninja warlock

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #956 on: March 28, 2021, 07:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

[close]

Great info. Only thing I'd say is stay away from BHO. That shit is not good for you.

Also, as I get older, I tend to prefer tinctures, hash and edibles. I love flower but it's more of a treat now.

got some nice bubble put away for rainy days ;) kid does a really nice job

looking back at the early days of this thread is kinda funny.

I've been alternating between some outdoor Purple Urkle, Mendo Breath, and SouthFork Kush from up in the Applegate Valley that pretty relaxing. Also been messing with some Ice Cream Cake deps from the Salmon River. I don't experience any of these as a complex high, but really just a relaxing slow down. Well, the SFKush is pretty gassy and more like Sour D or a true gassy, OG. Anyways, I hadn't blazed since I had a profoundly effective and satisfactory puddling in mid October. there just wasn't a need for the herb, but I started eating some dummies when I jacked the ankle and all of a sudden my tolerance is high as fuck after a 5 month break. it's pretty sweet.

the urkle is classic and so dang easy going. old school!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: March 28, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been alternating between some outdoor Purple Urkle, Mendo Breath, and SouthFork Kush from up in the Applegate Valley that pretty relaxing. Also been messing with some Ice Cream Cake deps from the Salmon River. I don't experience any of these as a complex high, but really just a relaxing slow down. Well, the SFKush is pretty gassy and more like Sour D or a true gassy, OG. Anyways, I hadn't blazed since I had a profoundly effective and satisfactory puddling in mid October. there just wasn't a need for the herb, but I started eating some dummies when I jacked the ankle and all of a sudden my tolerance is high as fuck after a 5 month break. it's pretty sweet.

Last summer frenchie cannoli came up here and I taught him a different tobacco alternative (as per his wifes request). Man he sent some of the most insane hash you could imagine.

SFVOG is such a great strain, as is urkle.
Gentleman ninja warlock

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #958 on: March 28, 2021, 07:45:45 PM »
Yo Pete I said this in another thread but one can definitely smoke dabs through a glass pipe like a meth pipe or whatever. Same thing as a rig if you think about it, right?
Way easier to try it out that way mate save your money bro
listen to cosmic psychos

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: March 28, 2021, 07:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Last summer frenchie cannoli came up here and I taught him a different tobacco alternative (as per his wifes request). Man he sent some of the most insane hash you could imagine.

SFVOG is such a great strain, as is urkle.

hell ya, SFVOG is a nice one. we 2nd depped it a few years back. Gas Central

The South Fork (SF) Kush is SFV x ChemDawg outta Trinity County. This kids work reminds me of stardawg in nose, structure, and taste. mmm mmm mmmmm