Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180819 times)

lydius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1110 on: November 19, 2021, 12:54:05 PM »
Lately I'm super into OG Kush and Chemdawg phenotypes. That musky, piney, diesel smell with hints of citrus and spice. That said, there's a lot of grams in my stash I'm neglecting for now, but they're not going anywhere. And the gram fairy may just pay the skatepark a visit in the next few days and let the public pick through some stuff I'm definitely over (e.g. bad Super Lemon Haze that smells like dryer sheets, stuff that's too stinky/baby poop smelling, stuff that's overly sweet).

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1111 on: November 19, 2021, 01:08:24 PM »
Lately I'm super into OG Kush and Chemdawg phenotypes. That musky, piney, diesel smell with hints of citrus and spice. That said, there's a lot of grams in my stash I'm neglecting for now, but they're not going anywhere. And the gram fairy may just pay the skatepark a visit in the next few days and let the public pick through some stuff I'm definitely over (e.g. bad Super Lemon Haze that smells like dryer sheets, stuff that's too stinky/baby poop smelling, stuff that's overly sweet).

Stardawg is the shizz.

But honestly, you can't go wrong with some sour d either. Classic

South fork kush is a similar strain bred outta southern Oregon that has a similar profile. SFV OG is similar too.

Gas it up!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1112 on: November 19, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stardawg is the shizz.

South fork kush is a similar strain bred outta southern Oregon that has a similar profile. SFV OG is similar too.

Gas it up!

Yeah I've been looking at Stardawg lately, been working my way through Wonder Dawg (Williams Wonder x Chem) and it has that flavor/nose on it. The normal Willy's Wonder smells like bananas or tropical fruit almost, and none of that carries over to this cross with Chem, but that's A-OK.

This description of Stardawg from wikileaf cracked me up: "The aroma has been described as morning breath, a truck stop, roadkill skunk, and a vat full of chemicals." What's interesting is the first time I smelled Hindu Kush, I thought of chemicals or like ammonia. Not what I had expected but funky nonetheless.

My last couple of experiences with Sour D haven't been ideal, but I have had some amazing grams of it in the past, so I'm staying on the lookout for some that's coming from a farm I recognize.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1113 on: November 19, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Stardawg is the shizz.

Gas it up!
[close]

Yeah I've been looking at Stardawg lately, been working my way through Wonder Dawg (Williams Wonder x Chem) and it has that flavor/nose on it. The normal Willy's Wonder smells like bananas or tropical fruit almost, and none of that carries over to this cross with Chem, but that's A-OK.

This description of Stardawg from wikileaf cracked me up: "The aroma has been described as morning breath, a truck stop, roadkill skunk, and a vat full of chemicals." What's interesting is the first time I smelled Hindu Kush, I thought of chemicals or like ammonia. Not what I had expected but funky nonetheless.

My last couple of experiences with Sour D haven't been ideal, but I have had some amazing grams of it in the past, so I'm staying on the lookout for some that's coming from a farm I recognize.

Ya homie, sour can really fuuuuuck people up with anxiety and stuff. Ime, its a strain people either love or hate. Still, fuck, for like 10 years it was probably the most sought after, easily sellable/highest price herb on the markets.

You might like Trainwreck. Pretty classic sativa dominant that I have always found to be really enjoyable. Lemony and piney.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #1114 on: November 20, 2021, 02:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
legalization coming to germany, the news is just dropping on news sites that the new government apparently concluded their talks about it yesterday, deciding that they will not only decriminalize, but actually legalize purchase in dispensaries for adults.

fuck yeah!
[close]

Very nice! I didn't know you were a kraut Frank...I lived there for 2 years (ramstein) and loved it. This was 15 years ago but I thought it was decriminalized, or maybe thats just how they enforced it. People were pretty open about smoking and the cops didn't really seem to care. As I recall they would like maybe ask you to put it out if you were bothering someone else but as long as you made some effort to be respectful and discrete they'd just look the other way.

My civilian friends who smoked (i was military at the time and couldn't) would travel to Maastricht on the weekends and bring back this amazing smelling hash that I would have to get up and leave the house because it was so tempting - especially after a couple beers. If I ever find myself in a situation where I'm financially stable (hahaha yeah right) I would love to go back for a month. All I could think about when I was visiting the roman ruins at trier was how nice it would be to be baked right now.
[close]

cool, i grew up not far from ramstein, like 1.5 hours away. yeah in some places in germany people don't care, in rhineland-palatine i think people are sort of cool with it because they used to grow hemp in that region until right after world war 2 and apparently they all also used to smoke bud back then hehe. in most big cities you can smoke pretty freely without hassle. i feel like when it comes to public smoking nowadays it's not about can i do that? it's more about you being tactful and not smoke next to a little kid or something or force your smoke on others.

in bavaria though you can get really fucked if they just bust you with a joint, like they will take the joint and dismantle it and then try and quantify what's left in there and they will try to get you for anything. we were held up in bavaria for two hours once because a buddy had an empty case that had some dust in it and the cop tried to find a way to bust him for it, looking everywhere in his bag for some actual bud. the bag stank hard, and the cop was super frustrated, saying "i smell it, damn, it must be in here." we started to lightly taunt him then until he had enough.

Haha thats some stasi shit. And yet still more than you can get away with as a minority in America!

I didn't spend a ton of time in Bavaria, honestly most of my travel was to the west (France, NL etc) and I really wish I'd explored parts of Germany more. Rhein-pfalz was definitely chill, the locals and govt were always very friendly and hands off with us. Probably because 60k yanks with govt jobs tends to bring a tidy influx of cash to the local economy. It's pretty surreal how Americanized parts of Kaiserslautern are.

At any rate I have to thank you because spending 2 years there REALLY opened my eyes to how fucking dumb we are about so many things. I always said that it felt like a lot of Europe were more mature states while the US is still in its moody pre-teen phase. It's not perfect, but its so much more functional than what we have. It's interesting that parts of the US sort of leapfrogged you on this particular issue though.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1115 on: November 20, 2021, 02:52:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Stardawg is the shizz.

Gas it up!
[close]

Yeah I'm just getting over a recent run of OG mania myself. That was another fork of my "backtracking" to parent strains thing when I noticed that I tend to respond really well to older "classic" strains. There's so many meh cuts of it here that I sometimes forget how good it can be until I get a good one, but man its truly one of the most medicinal strains. I have a Face-Off OG cart that i haven't broken into yet but probably will tonight.

Also, as @IusedToSkateMore knows, stardawg and Sour D are two strains that can really put me on edge so I use them both sparingly. I find sour D more manageable and euphoric but as I've aged I think I've become more sensitive to those super energetic cerebral haze type strains so really I mostly stick to my terpinoline heavy sativas (durban, goat, MTF, SLH etc) for the uplifting end of my med cabinet.

That being said, when I saw something new pop up on the menu from the same grower that does the Blue Agave, Alien Rock Candy, and Kush mints I posted earlier. Its not my typical sweet and clear headed morning sativa, but rather something a bit more exotic and yes, a candy strain.

Jet Fuel Gelato - https://imgur.com/a/Sawp07i

(30.932% THCa * .877) + .233% THC gives us an effective THC percentage of approximately 27.36%. They listed this as a sativa but its more of a hybrid in my opinion.

Top terp is Limonene but then we get a really nicely balanced profile of myrcene, caryophellene, pinene, and linalool and they all come through to give it a really nice and layered flavor that's very much in line with the Gelato lineage. Actually I dont taste much of the jet fuel at all, it's almost more like a limonene heavy gelato pheno. Its sweet, musky, floral, and leaves that thick pine taste on your lips that I've always associated with "heady" bud. It's also mega fresh, it was packed last week but its perfectly cured which is something that I really like about this grower. Their cure and trim is always on point.

The high is definitely heady. Again, a lot of the Gelato comes through manifests itself as that giggly, euphoric energy rather than the more stimulating and motivating type that I get from my usual sativas. Dont have a care in the world right now.  I smoked some of this when I snagged it yesterday and the initial energy faded out into more of a classic relaxing hybrid. I switched to one of my gassy indicas (papa legba) after dinner and slept like an underage girl partying with Nyjah and D-Loy.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1116 on: November 20, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

Seeing mentions of Modified Grapes, landraces and OGs so thought I’d share. I save a lot of jars for my Wall of Flame, if you will. Not pictured is Mango Afghani and E85 by Grandiflora Genetics (comes in a bag)
GG #4 -formally known as gorilla glue
T.I.T.S -this is the shit! GSC x Sour Diesel
Chapos Churros -Face Off OG x SFV OG x OG kush
Chocolate Thai -landrace
Banana OG - high percent OG and banana
Cruella’s Gelato -bomb gelato from Cannatique. Really can’t go wrong with that company, they have a blueberry cruffin using it too and it’s stellar
OG syrup -OG Kush x Girl Scout Cookies
Cuties - from Lyfted farms. Fresh citrus taste
Grape Pie -Cherry Pie x Grape Stomper
Himalayan Gold -landrace
Kushberry Cheesecake - UK Cheese x River Moonshine
Modified Grapes -already defined in this thread
Lucky 777 -Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies
Zelly’s Gift -Afgoo x Purple Thai x Super Lemon Haze plus some lineage of God Bud and Jack Herer
Garlic Breath -GMO x Mendo Breath
Dosickeys -Dosidos x Bickeys Revenge (Birthday Cake OG x Sour Lemon Larry)
Orange Peels -another fresh citrus, Tangerine Dream lineage
Northern Apples -Northen Lights and apples
Red Congolese -African landrace

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1117 on: November 20, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

I might have asked before, but regarding landrace old school sativa, have you tried lambs breath/lambs bread? When I first started getting into the real deal gear, that's what the homies had going. Absolutely my all time favorite. I'm glad you're into Durban too. I had some light dep greenhouse Durban a while back, like a wjhiiiiiile back, that was super enjoyable. smiles for miles.

Regarding OG, there's a million different variations and they can be fairly unique. A real, deal true OG is going to be gassy as fuck. Too much cross breeding does weird shit. Out here anyways, not too many people are growing OG these days. It's been one of those strains, like Sour D, that for years, was saleable on name alone. Had that gassy nose, didn't matter how stringy the shit was...

@Phantasma Del Mar

nice collection! I used to do that. Save a bit of each strain and label the jar with location/grower/date. TBH, using amber jars is gonna keep the herb in better condition than clear. We've all used mason jars forever and light kills the bud =(

Helpful tip- if you're growing your own and end up with too much to use in a reasonable period or really want to save it- DONT TRIM or MANICURE the herb. I don't care how you keep it (humidity packs, burp bags, jars, etc), herb that's trimmed is going to oxidize within a year. I've seen herb that was properly dried but left untrimmed, on the stalk, in plastic totes, with zero climate control for 2 whole years, that when trimmed smelled, tasted, and smoked very, very nicely. Wouldn't have known it was from 2 seasons prior if I hadn't seen it prior.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1118 on: November 20, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »
I will go ahead and second that lambs breath/lambs bread is top notch. Some mentions of it in the Favorite Cannabis Strain thread as well
 @Iusedtoskatemore thanks that is good advice! Always forget that. I wish I had saved some, that is a good idea. Never been able to save in my life, just enough to not be dankrupt
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by Phantasma Del Mar »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1119 on: November 21, 2021, 03:20:27 PM »
My favorite lately. This weekend's bag was particularly potent. Sativa-Dominant Hybrid called Mai Tai

just curious what a sack of nugs like that costs where you're at? not flexing or judging, just tryna see how accurate the flex my buddies are always tryna drop "I get such and such killer top shelf A grade for such and such a price" when it's never that good and it's usually small or B buds...

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1120 on: November 22, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
I live in Central California and top shelf is $30 for an eighth.
Exotics here in DC are $350-$420 an ounce :(

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: November 23, 2021, 03:49:42 AM »
@IusedToSkateMore One of the interesting things I learned when i started looking into the landraces more was that the classic Acapulco Gold was actually gold because it was aged, and that might be part of why many olf heads still say its the best high theyve ever had. We do know that some cannabanoids do change and/or degrade over time so I've always wanted to experiment with that if I ever grow.

I have not had LB but I was actually looking at it yesterday. Its on sale but its a grower I've never tried so I went with something else but you've piqued my interest now.

There was something else on sale too though. For $36 an eighth, which is still more than it should be but significantly less than it usually is, they had my favorite strain from the grower that does it best in PA. This isn't the best batch I've had from them, but its a good one.

Golden goat - sativa dom hybrid - 25.83% THCa

https://imgur.com/a/VV5SdCs

What else can I say about this strain? Its my favorite sativa. Loads of terpinoline and myrcene so its sweet, fruity, funky, and downright delicious. The high is beautiful, euphoric, clear headed, and has enough energy to get me going without ever feeling like a stimulant. If you're not already acquainted with it, this is a must try for any fans of sweet strains, sativas, relaxing but energetic highs, or just really great bud in general.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:57:31 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1122 on: November 23, 2021, 05:12:53 AM »
Has anyone ever made shoe hash? I have a couple grams of kief and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with it other than just sprinkling on a bowl or in a J.

I was thinking about maybe trying to do the hair straightener rosin press thing on it but I don't know how efficient it would be. I didn't sort the kief at all this time but I bought a second grinder so I can at least keep indica and sativa strains separate.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1123 on: November 23, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I live in Central California and top shelf is $30 for an eighth.
[close]
Exotics here in DC are $350-$420 an ounce :(

Jealous of those California prices. Theres a shop near me that does $25 8ths, but they change what it is each day. Some days you get some real good shit, others you get the low end stuff. Other than that, its like $45 and up for an 8th (rec).

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1124 on: November 23, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »
Has anyone ever made shoe hash? I have a couple grams of kief and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with it other than just sprinkling on a bowl or in a J.

I was thinking about maybe trying to do the hair straightener rosin press thing on it but I don't know how efficient it would be. I didn't sort the kief at all this time but I bought a second grinder so I can at least keep indica and sativa strains separate.
I have a pollen press. I've only used it twice but it makes some nice little discs of hash

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1125 on: November 23, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

shoes hash as in keeping keif in your shoe to make hash?

I've definitely seen similar things done- My former my work partner (a menace of drunk) forgot about an ounce of keif in the backpocket of his carhartts that he wore, waking and sleeping, every day. Big dude, 6'5, 250lbs. Long story short, when it was time to do laundry, he realized there was an ounce of full melt hash in his back pocket.

As for aging and caring for weed- I don't know the science, just that there are ways to do it properly (and 98% have no idea what to do). For instance- you have a ounce or a lb of bud that's a little too dry? You can waste money on boveda and the like for rehydration, or you can use a 1/8 of a white flour tortilla (burrito wrap). Weed removes the moisture from tortilla and that tortilla will be like a freakin chip in a day or 2. Might not fly in a regulated commercial operation, but the general understanding is 1 tortilla, broken into pieces, will rehydrate a unit with no chance of adding smell, food waste, or mold. If you have tortillas and some dry ass weed you wanna rehydrate, see what happens.

Also, as a bonus, I knew this old arthritic golden retriever that would eat the shit outta those tortillas and was always spry and full of life during harvest season...

Also, a pretty typical understanding has been that, weed harvested early will be speedier, more in line with typical sativa, and weed that is allowed to go longer will be more lethargic and narcotic.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1126 on: November 23, 2021, 01:31:34 PM »
Pollen press or maybe some old school method like wrapping it into plastic, add mild heat and pressure like roll wine bottle over and over it till you got some nice brown hash. I wouldn’t waste it with hair straightener, you’ll need hundreds kilos of pressure for rosin tech(you can make it with one for sure but you wont collect shit). Just my 2c.

europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1127 on: November 23, 2021, 01:41:59 PM »
my grinder is so crusted from pollenhash i probably need to buy a new one. i can snip chunks of mystery hash from the sides every few weeks. it's never enough for a real joint, but it's sick when i'm out of stuff and just like to smoke when i have coffee, so i don't end up smoking a ciggie.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1128 on: November 23, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »
A bit of my background: I’ve been smoking since 1997, been growing my own since 2011 but I decided to quit growing this year because I smoke way too much if I have shitloads of weed at home all the time. I’m a huge sativa guy, been growing (and smoking) mostly sativas past 5years, hybrids and pure landraces from africa. Don’t get me wrong I like how indicas smoke, I just didn’t like how they grew, mold and shit.

My all time favs are og cinderella 99 from bros grimm, that pineapple smell and social high combined with 49days flowering time, hard to beat. Also Jack Herer, we have a clone here from original mid-nineties dutch cut, blackberries and candy and the most ”perfect” high from my likes but she is pain in the ass to grow, she’ll need like 100days to fully mature, I think it what sensi calls their a-pheno.

I did led’s and nft if anyone is interested  ;D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1129 on: November 23, 2021, 01:58:46 PM »
i miss jack herer. probably one of my all time favs. so rare over here. it's like every few years some wild jack herer appears.

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1130 on: November 23, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »
1g 93% d8 7% bdt carts, 2 flavor split, starts 3.46ea @ 50 min. in plastic tubes dnt do custom packaging. bulk d8 disty 500g+, want a sample 29g 50 bucks shipped us only

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: November 25, 2021, 03:49:36 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

shoes hash as in keeping keif in your shoe to make hash?

I've definitely seen similar things done- My former my work partner (a menace of drunk) forgot about an ounce of keif in the backpocket of his carhartts that he wore, waking and sleeping, every day. Big dude, 6'5, 250lbs. Long story short, when it was time to do laundry, he realized there was an ounce of full melt hash in his back pocket.

As for aging and caring for weed- I don't know the science, just that there are ways to do it properly (and 98% have no idea what to do). For instance- you have a ounce or a lb of bud that's a little too dry? You can waste money on boveda and the like for rehydration, or you can use a 1/8 of a white flour tortilla (burrito wrap). Weed removes the moisture from tortilla and that tortilla will be like a freakin chip in a day or 2. Might not fly in a regulated commercial operation, but the general understanding is 1 tortilla, broken into pieces, will rehydrate a unit with no chance of adding smell, food waste, or mold. If you have tortillas and some dry ass weed you wanna rehydrate, see what happens.

Also, as a bonus, I knew this old arthritic golden retriever that would eat the shit outta those tortillas and was always spry and full of life during harvest season...

Also, a pretty typical understanding has been that, weed harvested early will be speedier, more in line with typical sativa, and weed that is allowed to go longer will be more lethargic and narcotic.

Yes sir, its basically the same principle as your big buddy. You take it and put it in something that wont rupture or stick to it (I've seen fingers cut from latex gloves recommended) and then put it in the heel of your shoe and just go about your day. The constant low heat and pressure supposedly turns it into something like a super ghetto hash ball. I've done the wine bottle method on smaller amounts in the past and it worked but the end product was difficult to work with.

I fantasize about someday trying a real charras ball.. Those things just look amazing but the fact its basically live resin hash makes me super interested.

As for rehydration... I used to use lemon peel or something similar but nowadays most of the higher end stuff comes with boveda or integra packs so I just save them. I actually like that there's different humidity levels, so like if i feel something is slightly too wet I can put in a 55% pack or if its too dry a 62% etc. I've heard of people doing the tortilla thing or a piece of bread too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1132 on: November 25, 2021, 04:31:04 AM »
A bit of my background: I’ve been smoking since 1997, been growing my own since 2011 but I decided to quit growing this year because I smoke way too much if I have shitloads of weed at home all the time. I’m a huge sativa guy, been growing (and smoking) mostly sativas past 5years, hybrids and pure landraces from africa. Don’t get me wrong I like how indicas smoke, I just didn’t like how they grew, mold and shit.

My all time favs are og cinderella 99 from bros grimm, that pineapple smell and social high combined with 49days flowering time, hard to beat. Also Jack Herer, we have a clone here from original mid-nineties dutch cut, blackberries and candy and the most ”perfect” high from my likes but she is pain in the ass to grow, she’ll need like 100days to fully mature, I think it what sensi calls their a-pheno.

I did led’s and nft if anyone is interested  ;D

Oh man I love Jack. Yet another of the high terpinoline sativas that I won't shut up about it! I would love to try that pheno, I don't think I've ever had it but blackberry candy sounds amazing. The Jack high is potent but it sometimes gives me anxiety, I assume that's probably not an issue with the original cut though.

Have you ever tried to grow Dr. Grinspoon? I've heard that its similarly difficult to grow but very rewarding if you're able to successfully harvest. I've always wanted to try the real deal... I've seen "it" at a dispensary years ago but it wasn't at all what Doc is supposed to look or smell like (it looked like beasters) so I'm pretty sure someone mislabeled it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the yanks. Here's the first part of my feast..

https://imgur.com/a/0foX9Ye

Super Lemon Haze. Was on sale for $36. Same grower as the goat. Im usually cautious about SLH because it will sometimes get the old heart racing but this grower is almost always on point so I grabbed it. Very glad I did. This is kind of the quintessential "hydro" sativa for me, the culmination of the sort of stuff that started popping up post-y2k as indoor became more standard. Its strong, tasty enough, and while its not what I'd call super euphoric the physical energy boost of this strain is almost unparalleled. I started my morning with a big J of it and im a little on edge but its manageable. In the past I've blended this stuff with a high myrcene strain like grapefruit durban to mellow it out a little. I'll probably do a dab of something like that when I get back upstairs.

Of course if that doesn't do the trick I did grab a new indica from one of the bigger brands here. They've historically put out some really good indicas (their gg4 cut is my favorite glue) and the terps looked pretty bomb so I figured I would grab it. Haven't really tried it yet other than just to taste it. No clue what the genetics are but its got a fair amount of linalool and a little terpinoline which makes me think its probably something crossed with their Lime Sorbet (bubba kush x lime skunk). I anticipate it being a heavy hitter.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: November 25, 2021, 06:31:40 AM »
so i was browsing seed banks and stuff since i want to get some asap since they are about to legalize anyway and i think now it's chill.

if any you guys are familiar with any of these strains and would share opinions that would be great. i am interested in night queen, think fast, hifi 4g(honestly the name's just funny) and daiquiri lime. these are all available at dutchpassion, which a dude i know who's been growing for years says is a legit seedbank to buy from. thought about getting a few 3 packs for the start.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: November 26, 2021, 10:10:05 PM »
so i was browsing seed banks and stuff since i want to get some asap since they are about to legalize anyway and i think now it's chill.

if any you guys are familiar with any of these strains and would share opinions that would be great. i am interested in night queen, think fast, hifi 4g(honestly the name's just funny) and daiquiri lime. these are all available at dutchpassion, which a dude i know who's been growing for years says is a legit seedbank to buy from. thought about getting a few 3 packs for the start.

I'm too baked to say much of much right now  ;D but if you're trying to start a small grow tent first time thing, although they're not awesome, auto flowering seeds are an easy way to learn the basics imo

@Buttfart Rapedick

charas.... oh boy. if you're working with plants during flower or harvest and aren't wearing gloves or long sleeves, it's inevitable that you'll get the charas treatment at lunch time. same with trimmers. without gloves, you're covered and end up eating hash day in and day out. handling live plants on a larger scale anyways, the resin just soaks into your skin while you're sweating. things get really, really weird for about a week or so  :o

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1135 on: November 27, 2021, 02:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm too baked to say much of much right now  ;D but if you're trying to start a small grow tent first time thing, although they're not awesome, auto flowering seeds are an easy way to learn the basics imo

@Buttfart Rapedick

charas.... oh boy. if you're working with plants during flower or harvest and aren't wearing gloves or long sleeves, it's inevitable that you'll get the charas treatment at lunch time. same with trimmers. without gloves, you're covered and end up eating hash day in and day out. handling live plants on a larger scale anyways, the resin just soaks into your skin while you're sweating. things get really, really weird for about a week or so  :o

I watched a couple of videos of Frenchy Cannoli about hash making and the history of hash and it got me interested in charras. I really want to see what it looks like under magnification, with my ghetto kief hash you can really see how much plant matter and impurities end up in it.

I've only ever had real top shelf hash once many years ago at a jam band festival, and I was struck by how clean it was. It really was basically just a big loaf of trichomes pressed together and nothing else. I can't remember the strain but it was something high in myrcene because i remember feeling like my head was floating off my shoulders and I swear to god I got a boner when I exhaled it (oh to be 19 again). I crawled over to the tent and into my sleeping bag and listened to some dude doing a talkbox solo for what felt like hours and was so high that I kind of enjoyed it.

Golden goat this morning. No more SLH unless I'm really tired or mix it with something else, it made me a little too edgy. Im down to my last bud of indica flower (Hell's OG) so I might stop by the dispensary and grab a cut of that Crown Royale that I've been obsessed with (in concwntrate/cart form). Terps look a little weak but they don't look amazing on the budder either and its fire. Plus, its blueberry x purple kush, you can't really go wrong with parents like that.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1136 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:56 AM »
Now that it's back to freezing temperatures outside it's time to bust out the mini washing machine and bubble bag set up. Temple balls one aged are something special, but it's hard to leave them alone until aged.

@Buttfart Rapedick   PA dispo prices are so steep. Are they allowed to sell edibles there yet? All my PA coworkers ask for the MD connection even though they have a PA med card.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1137 on: November 28, 2021, 02:30:07 AM »
Now that it's back to freezing temperatures outside it's time to bust out the mini washing machine and bubble bag set up. Temple balls one aged are something special, but it's hard to leave them alone until aged.

@Buttfart Rapedick   PA dispo prices are so steep. Are they allowed to sell edibles there yet? All my PA coworkers ask for the MD connection even though they have a PA med card.

Yeah I honestly feel for the people who live in the sticks and only have one shitty dispensary an hour away charging them $60-75 a cut for the good flower. If I wasn't a veteran I don't think id get half of what I do, tacking that 10-15% on to something already on sale is the only way I'll buy a lot of stuff. I'd break it down like this.

Flower - $35-75 an eighth but most falls in the $50-60 range.
Carts (half gram) - $35-50 for distillate, $40-70 for live resin
Concentrates (1g) - $60-95

But I should note that the extreme high end is basically just one company that targets the kind of people who think that if it costs more it must be better.

We don't have edibles the same way most places do... We have pills, tinctures, and RSO but not like gummies or anything like that. We have some stupid little rules that everyone actively bypasses like we technically can't smoke flower, it HAS to be vaporized. They also sell sugar leaf but every time they do you get a pack of illiterate dipshits frothing at the mouth because they didn't read the menu or label and somehow thought they were getting a quarter of top shelf bud for $30. I think theres some overlap in the growers for our programs though, pretty sure we have a few of the same as NJ too.

Super lemon haze mixed with Alien Rock Candy this morning. This is an interesting blend. ARC isn't the most sedating strain but its pretty heavy duty and was able to keep the SLH from getting me all edgy, at least so far (about 20 minutes in). The combination of the SLH energy and the heavy head buzz from the ARC is giving me almost a sour D vibe. Its definitely a little different than what I'm used to but not bad. I have a 1.5g Golden Goat bud left and I almost twisted that up but decided to save it for my next day off when I can really appreciate it. Might run to the dispensary and grab that crown if I get off work early enough to not miss the steelers game today, I'll snap pics if I do.

P.S. Has anyone tried root beer float (chem 91 x grape pie)? If so how sedating was it and did it tasre nasty ? The terps look interesting but theres a lot of linalool for a hybrid which sometimes makes me feel like I'm vaping massage oil.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1138 on: November 30, 2021, 02:39:28 AM »
Few new flower purchases... I hit up a new dispensary specifically to stock up on Crown Royale 1g LLR carts. I'm legitimately slowly buying out the city's inventory of this strain, there's only a few places left that have any CR left and I've got my eye on them too. Here's the album -

https://imgur.com/a/cP0n9Bn

First up is 1.2g of Lucinda Williams x Girl scout cookies. I believe I've posted this one before and it's always a crowd pleaser. Not just looks this time, this is a loud batch too, ill edit this and add the terp labels next time I post but its almost double the terps of the last batch. My "super lemon haze on its own will freak me out" issues continue so I wanted something high in myrcene to mix with it and this fit the bill nicely. I smoked a little bowl just to kind of gauge how potent it was and its nice, GSC euphoria and sweetness but with more of a cerebral energy. The best way I can describe it is its the kind of shit that makes you walk around whistling because you feel like you're in a Disney movie or something.

And then the second part.. I finally got around to trying the crown royale flower. Genetics recap - Blueberry x Purple Kush for those who haven't read older posts. This is probably going to be pretty underwhelming because you can't smell a picture. Indeed, at first glance it looked like a shitty cut of popcorn mids but then the smell hits you. It dank, earthy, sweet...notes of blueberry and vanilla and coca cola or rootbeer and an almost peppery bark like smell come through in a heavy wave that is just so interesting to me. Its also incredibly dank. I thought it was a bad cure or just super fresh but it's months old and letting it dry out a bit have lead me to conclude its just so dank that it feels like its lubricated with grease when you break it up. The smoke is heavy and hangs in the air but is very smooth. The high is exactly what I was expecting, basically the same as the concentrates which makes sense given they're the same pheno type. Anyways there's not much to see here, even under magnification its nothing to write home about. This is the girl with a meh face but the most amazing personality that also happens to give consistently amazing blowjobs and never annoys you. It's an absolute diamond of a strain that I worry will sell poorly because it lacks a flashy name and is ugly as sin.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1139 on: December 01, 2021, 04:24:27 AM »

Here's the terps from that gsc x lw. Mixing it with the SLH is a really weird blend, sometimes I enjoy it but sometimes it feels Ike the strains are fighting each other instead of working together. I have about a gram of the SLH left, I might just bless someone at the park with it but I was thinking about maybe trying to make some homemade caviar with a high myrcene oil.

Anyways the Crown has basically turned me into the apathetic stoner stereotype. I'm not just content sitting in bed watching old wrestling, im excited about it haha. It's just the most perfect indica I could ask for. This shit, cotton candy grapes, Noosa yogurt (has to be noosa), and smoked gouda cheese. Thats basically the recipe for pure bliss.