Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 181895 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1440 on: April 18, 2022, 12:03:17 PM »

Any input guys? The terps don't look super impressive but it's hard to ignore 40% total cannabinoids. Just from the analysis on the dispensary site it looks like an indica dom hybrid in the GMO/Garlic cookies vein. It's a brand new grower so I have no reviews or anything to go off other than the genetics and labeling.

Pretty sure I bombed my interview today so I could use something to erase my mind for a while.

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1441 on: April 18, 2022, 12:10:53 PM »
Roll that with some keif in a joint and you’re good to go I feel.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1442 on: April 18, 2022, 03:31:06 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick sorry to hear about the interview. i still hope the impression you made was way better than how you feel about it!

that bud tho... looks mad yummy. terps look like what i like.

what is tac? never heard of that compound.

if i saw that at a dispo i would try.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1443 on: April 18, 2022, 09:24:02 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick sorry to hear about the interview. i still hope the impression you made was way better than how you feel about it!

that bud tho... looks mad yummy. terps look like what i like.

what is tac? never heard of that compound.

if i saw that at a dispo i would try.

Its just total active cannabinoids, so like thc + cbd + cbn and whatever else. This stuff is bred to be medicinal so I'm sure it's packed with good stuff.

This is the in-house brand of one of our small dispensaries and I guess the grow facility is in town so I'm guessing it's going to be very fresh. They're releasing their first 4 strains this week, this was the 3rd (first 2 were another version of bb muffin and some candy strain I can't remember) so I decided to wait and see what they drop tomorrow. If it's nothing special I might grab this. Here's the terps

Terpenes

B Caryophyllene: 0.15%
B Myrcene: 0.66%
B Pinene: 0.06%
Humulene: 0.07%
Limonene: 0.52%
Linalool: 0.14%
Pinene: 0.07%
Terpinolene: 0.02%

So myr/Lim dominant like a lot of the candy strains. I would have expected more caryo from something with burger genetics, which is kind of a red flag that maybe it's just a THC producer and not much else or not grown to the potential of the genetics.

I got super excited when I saw something called "jealousy" on the menu and googled it. Google said it was Jack Herer x Purple Kush but when I researched it further I found out that what we get here is actually some kind of gelato x sunset sherbet cross. Now I'm really, really curious what the hell PK x Jack would taste like haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1444 on: April 20, 2022, 01:15:26 AM »
Happy 4/20 Frank, iusedtoskatemore, 3dxrv, natas, and anyone else I forgot (I'm already baked). Oh fuck, and @grimcity can't leave the OG and best skatetuber out. Hope everyone has a lovely terpene filled day.

I'm starting with something I've been saving - my last nug of the 5.4% total terp batch of Durban Poison, rolled in an elements rice paper. I was originally going to smoke this with my buddy before the AEW event tonight but he can't make it so I made it my wnb since I still contend this is the ideal breakfast strain. Nothing else gives me the same kind of energy and motivation with great mood elevation and zero anxiety. I think it's officially supplanted Goat and Jack Herer as my favorite strain.

Glad I waited until today to grab anything though because everyone is going to have big sales, the first sale up is 40% off (except hardware) and it stacks with my vet discount so I get basically 55% off anything in stock at that dispensary. I'm going to try that han solo burger x cookies, then grab some carts and concentrates as well. Maybe some more flower depending on what's in stock.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1445 on: April 20, 2022, 03:07:06 AM »
thanks buttfart :)

happy 4-20 everyone!

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #1446 on: April 20, 2022, 07:22:26 AM »
shalom yall, recently got a new job shooting photos for a large medical grow company, pretty wild shit and doing alot of cool macro stacked shots of tricombs and shit. anywho 420 dudeeeee
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #1447 on: April 20, 2022, 07:27:04 AM »
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

caked

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1448 on: April 20, 2022, 09:02:32 AM »
yo happy 420 pals! I don't have the day off, but I work from home so I'm consuming here and there all day. currently dry herb vaping on some Wonka Bars #13, a sativa with really pretty bright green buds. hope you guys have a chill day and be safe!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1449 on: April 20, 2022, 09:34:44 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick @3D X-Ray Vision and everyone else

happy 420 big dawgs.

Took a bong rip of a mystery sativa dominant hybrid this AM =) fragrant nug and fragrant smoke. Taste is clean, I like smoke that tastes/feels like clean water. Perfect flush, perfect cure. Mm mmm mmm.

Anyone fuck with CBN at all? My girl got these 30mg CBN/5mg THC tablets. Shit knocks me out and keeps me asleep HARD. Like when muscle relaxers actually worked on me hahaha
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1450 on: April 20, 2022, 11:34:46 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick @3D X-Ray Vision and everyone else

happy 420 big dawgs.

Took a bong rip of a mystery sativa dominant hybrid this AM =) fragrant nug and fragrant smoke. Taste is clean, I like smoke that tastes/feels like clean water. Perfect flush, perfect cure. Mm mmm mmm.

Anyone fuck with CBN at all? My girl got these 30mg CBN/5mg THC tablets. Shit knocks me out and keeps me asleep HARD. Like when muscle relaxers actually worked on me hahaha

I haven't but I think we talked a while back about how intriguing CBN looked for sleep, so it's really cool that it works. I'm going to see if we have any here, I know we have thc and cbd tabs and caps so I have to think CBN is allowed but I'm not sure if anyone actually makes it.

Walking home from the dispensary right now. Got some crown royale LLR carts, Jack Herer live resin sugar n sauce, a Durban live resin cart and then for flower I got the Han Solo Burger x Northfire cookies and an eighth of blue agave that looks from the label to be one of the best batches I've seen. I'll edit with pics when I get home.

yo happy 420 pals! I don't have the day off, but I work from home so I'm consuming here and there all day. currently dry herb vaping on some Wonka Bars #13, a sativa with really pretty bright green buds. hope you guys have a chill day and be safe!

Sounds very nice, Google says that has some GMO lineage which is one of my favorite hybrids right now. This burger x cookie cross I got also has some GMO genetics so I'm curious how it compares with the original.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1451 on: April 20, 2022, 12:26:16 PM »
Take an extra puff off a tree for me. Legalize this already so I can grow me some here in Georgia.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1452 on: April 20, 2022, 01:53:42 PM »
Flower pics

https://imgur.com/a/6VeXLdg

The HS burger x NF Cookies is really kind of modern Cannabis in a nutshell. 37% thca but less than 2% terps. Its not bad, it does remind me of garlic cookies/GMO in that it's slightly sativa leaning but levels off into a middle of the road relaxed hybrid high. Obviously it's strong but it's not overpowering, and it's not amazing but it's very good.

The Blue Agave is very terpinoline heavy and a little lower on caryophyllene this time so it's got more of a citrusy note to it that smells great. I'm going to smoke this on my way to the wrestling show.

The Jack Herer sugar label got destroyed but here's the stats

Cannabinoids

CBG: 0.7%
CBGA: 6.72%
THC: 10.17%
THCA: 56.83%

Terpenes

B Caryophyllene: 0.56%
B Myrcene: 1.05%
B Pinene: 0.28%
Humulene: 0.2%
Limonene: 1.02%
Linalool: 0.2%
Pinene: 0.28%
Terpinolene: 4.91%

Nothing spectacular, exactly what you'd expect from the strain. Theres some weird chemmy taste in there but that might be because I didn't really clean the coil on my pen. I might switch to the nectar collector.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: April 20, 2022, 03:01:04 PM »

thanks dawg, my day was overall depressing, stressful and horrible, but i'm enjoying a nice joint rn to wind down to keep the 420 vibes up and not let myself get too down.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1454 on: April 20, 2022, 03:07:49 PM »
Happy 420 yall. Bout to get my smoke on right now!

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1455 on: April 20, 2022, 11:41:31 PM »
phuuuuckin phaaaaded. good night 420

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1456 on: April 21, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »
Ol' Boog went kinda hard on the edibles for 420....I ate a 400mg cookie. It tasted horrible but holy moly was it ever strong. I've done 400 mg before, but this time felt WAY stronger. Started a new Red Dead 2 playthrough and after about 2 or so hours I couldn't see shit, my vision was fuzzy.

I was still fucked up when I woke up this morning, eyes still bloodshot red 'til at least noon. Was supposed to go to BJJ tonight but fuck me, I'm wayyyy too tired.

400 mg is a lot, proceed with caution if you're going to be dumb like me.

Oh, I also scored some sick Lebanese hash. Some of you might know I don't really fuck with concentrates, but I'm a sucker for good bubble and imported hash. Not the strongest I've had by any means, but it's got that old-school imported hash taste bubble just doesn't have.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1457 on: April 21, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »
Ol' Boog went kinda hard on the edibles for 420....I ate a 400mg cookie. It tasted horrible but holy moly was it ever strong. I've done 400 mg before, but this time felt WAY stronger. Started a new Red Dead 2 playthrough and after about 2 or so hours I couldn't see shit, my vision was fuzzy.

I was still fucked up when I woke up this morning, eyes still bloodshot red 'til at least noon. Was supposed to go to BJJ tonight but fuck me, I'm wayyyy too tired.

Oh, I also scored some sick Lebanese hash. Some of you might know I don't really fuck with concentrates, but I'm a sucker for good bubble and imported hash. Not the strongest I've had by any means, but it's got that old-school imported hash taste bubble just doesn't have.

Yummy. Heat the corners break it up and toss in a nice J. I can smell it even tho im not present. If you know the smell you just know.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1458 on: April 21, 2022, 07:45:43 PM »

spiiiiicy smelling all the way over here...

I once ate the end of a pot of linguini that had been cooked in THC olive oil. not sure how much was in there but I was feeling it for 2 or so days. I'd gotten a ride home because I couldn't pedal my bike across the city. Went to drive the car to get my bike the next day and couldn't do it. felt like I had no limbs and was simultaneously physically floating.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1459 on: April 23, 2022, 03:47:47 AM »

I was just wondering where you've been haha. That hash is beautiful, that's the kind of stuff you'd only be able to get when the jam bands came through town back in the day.

Guess what I got for the weekend? Huge surprise here - Durban poison.

This batch works out to around 21% THC which i think is kind of a sweet spot for me.

Terpenes -

B Caryophyllene: 0.15%
B Myrcene: 0.68%
B Pinene: 0.14%
Bisabolol: 0.03%
Carene: 0.1%
Eucalyptol: 0.01%
Guaiol: 0.04%
Humulene: 0.04%
Limonene: 0.13%
Linalool: 0.01%
Ocimene: 1.03%
Pinene: 0.11%
Terpinolene: 2.54%

New terpinoline record, but missed out on the total terp record by a bit. I don't know what the fuck they're doing at cresco's PA grow house but it's working, this is the 5th straight batch to average 5% total terps which is more than twice what most flower in this state averages (including a lot of cresco stuff). The consistency is what really sells me, Durban poison is infamous as a genetic powerhouse but it's a landrace sativa and a lot of growers seem to struggle with it. Most growers here opt to cross it with something to improve stability and yield (The White is the most popular here but we also have stardawg, thai, and other crosses) and even then the result is usually underwhelming.

Review -

Rolled in a vibes rice paper (very soft and easy to roll but they have more of a taste than elements or raw black) with a tip, bud is fresh and dense and very hard to grind since it just sticks to everything. It punches you in the chest when you hit it and the exhale is beautiful dank citrus & pine magic. High is perfect - starts out beautifully energetic and motivating, then fades into a content and chilled out headspace and surprisingly effective pain relief for a landrace sativa. This is Pennsylvania's best sativa flower and its not really particularly close for me anymore.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1460 on: April 23, 2022, 04:21:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just wondering where you've been haha. That hash is beautiful, that's the kind of stuff you'd only be able to get when the jam bands came through town back in the day.

Been working and training a lot these days and haven't been on my phone/computer much, which feels nice.

Stay tuned for next week, I've got some SPECIAL stuff coming in (including a verrrry legendary landrace) and I can't wait. This was a straight-up treat to myself, because this was too damn expensive for it to be a regular thing lol.

Pineapple Haze
Redneck Frosting (Wet Tap x Sugar Cane)
Wet Cherry (wierd pistil-less purple-ass cut)
and....(drumroll)

Motherfucking legit PANAMA RED son !

Here's an interesting article about the homie, dude's a mad scientist in the garden and has all my respect. Not only that, he's a cool-ass dude, too. I could only score 3g of the Panama, but that's because it was from his head stash. I feel super privileged to be able to finally get my hands on it. Best part ? He refused to charge me for it as he knows I trip out on this sort of stuff.

https://shop.stashmagazine.ca/blogs/blog/spaces-landraces
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 04:32:58 AM by TheBoognish »

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: April 23, 2022, 10:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Been working and training a lot these days and haven't been on my phone/computer much, which feels nice.

Stay tuned for next week, I've got some SPECIAL stuff coming in (including a verrrry legendary landrace) and I can't wait. This was a straight-up treat to myself, because this was too damn expensive for it to be a regular thing lol.

Pineapple Haze
and....(drumroll)

Here's an interesting article about the homie, dude's a mad scientist in the garden and has all my respect. Not only that, he's a cool-ass dude, too. I could only score 3g of the Panama, but that's because it was from his head stash. I feel super privileged to be able to finally get my hands on it. Best part ? He refused to charge me for it as he knows I trip out on this sort of stuff.

"Cut his teeth in Humboldt."  8)

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1462 on: April 23, 2022, 11:24:52 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks “weed science” is largely a bunch of bullshit?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: April 24, 2022, 02:37:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pineapple Haze
and....(drumroll)

Duuude that was a great read. Very obviously my kinda grower hahaha. Those Chiang Mai pics are insane, I love seeing those fluffy thai sativas like that. Something about them just excites me. I always think it's cool when you can see certain characteristics of the bud formed by the environment its from, like how the Thai buds are light and airy because of the humidity while durban poison is dense and resinous because it has to preserve moisture in its desert home.

That's so rad you got hooked up with that dude, I would have soooooo many questions for him haha. He also might be on to something here financially if he gets into the right markets. Panama red is one of those strains that is insanely rare here, I've seen a legit bud of it exactly once in my life, from a deadhead at Nelson's ledges who had been growing it from bag seed since the 60s. Its definitely a ghost, a legend amongst folks my parents age. It's one strain that I would love nothing more than to surprise my old man with some day and I would gladly pay a premium for it - I honestly don't think $100 eighths would be unreasonable if the quality is there. I see it kind of like the Trappist beers or old scotch - it's a unique experience that requires more time, skill, and knowledge. Basically the polar opposite of modern soulless weed. You should see if he's got a durban cut  ;)

So you know I expect some glamour shots of all this right? That pineapple haze sounds like it has real potential to be a terp bomb and I wanna see the purple one now haha. It's always super weird to get those alopecia buds, one of the gg4 cuts we get looks like asparagus tips and it always trips me out when I first open the jar.

There's a bunch of shit dropping this week that's like really high (>25%) THC from strains that don't usually hit that potency, but without any terps. It's really weird, and not limited to just one grower either. I'm pretty sure I even saw a 30% Cindy 99 with less than 2% total terps....not sure what's going on there but I'm steering clear for now.

Do you mean from a growing perspective or as an end user? If it's the latter then I used to until I got my card and started experimenting with it. If you go back about a dozen pages you can kinda follow along with my "journey" as I usually ramble about my observations or what I've learned. If you only smoke like once a month and/or you're just looking to alter your consciousness in any way then it's largely irrelevant, but if you have a specific goal in mind then it's very important. For a medical user like myself knowing what terpenes and cannabinoids are and how you respond to them is essential to being an informed consumer. When I got my card I did the same thing most people do and sorted the menu by THC but was surprised when the 30% stuff didn't hit me as hard as the 20% stuff.

Some of it seems counterintuitive and there's a lot we don't know so it's a constantly shifting and evolving subject but that's how science works. The most important thing to remember is that everyone is different, so nothing should he taken as gospel but rather more like a guide. I can tell you what works for me and for a lot of others, but it might not work as well for you so you really have to just experiment until you find your ideal strain or terp profile.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1464 on: April 24, 2022, 03:20:15 AM »
Do any of y'all smoke delta 8?

I don't smoke it, but I have a shitload of edibles in my freezer.  The actual flower sucks in my experience, but the edibles are pretty much identical to d9.  I just dose 2x as much d8 as I would d9.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #1465 on: April 24, 2022, 10:50:30 AM »
Short answer: yes. There's a science to any plant especially one that has been cultivated since the dawn of human history. Thousands of years of breeding has led us to the marijuana we have today. It's comparable to the domestication of animals but on a simpler level of genetics.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1466 on: April 24, 2022, 02:14:25 PM »
My back is still giving me problems but I'm skating again so I wanted something for pain and inflammation. If you've picked up on my tendencies you probably know that I usually go one of two directions for this sort of thing, either a classic west coast style OG kush or the strain I consider sort of the modern equivalent of OG kush or Northern lights.... Gorilla Glue #4.

This cut is from the living soil grower that used to charge way too much. Now that their prices are realistic I've been sampling more of their stuff and they don't do golden goat very well but this is very good.

23% thc and only 6 terps

1.20% myrcene
0.67% limonene
0.39% caryophyllene
0.13% humulene
0.12% linalool
0.15% pinene

This is actually properly flushed and cured and man does it show. It smokes as smooth as a Virginia slim ultra light but still hits like a truck, as gg4 should. My lungs have been aching from all the super fresh terpy ass durban so being able to take huge bong hits without coughing is a nice change. This also feels like a very indica leaning cut, I've tried glue from 5 different growers now and some of them are solidly hybrid feeling while others are guaranteed nap time. My back feels great and I'm not sore so it seems to maintain the medicinal qualities of the strain as well. I think this is going to be my new go-to for this strain.

Edit: best sleep I've had in months, woke up refreshed and almost pain-free... Very happy with this flower. For me its not normally a "fun" strain but this one isn't too cold and clinical feeling and I woke up with a little afterglow so it definitely has some legs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:29:59 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1467 on: April 25, 2022, 04:58:22 AM »

Some weed from Entourage in DC
I got my tonsils taken out on April 6 but I ran out of the pain medicine so time for some bud.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1468 on: April 25, 2022, 02:42:56 PM »
Was low on cash for this weekend so I got an 8th of Mids for $20. Northern Lights, one of my favorite from the original Dutch strains bred in the late 90s, sweet-smelling and potent. Classic bud for the low gets me so hyped, I come from the era when weed was $20 a gram in California. The prices we are seeing now have been a long time coming and I am here for it

Haven't seen NL since like 2004/2005. "Mids" today are pretty fucking good hahaha

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1469 on: April 26, 2022, 02:20:39 AM »
After reading @Buttfart Rapedick 's tentative good bye letter to the devil's lettuce, I decided to do the equivalent of "pouring one out" for a lost soldier. I REALLY am out of the game but think this will last me throughout the summer.

Fleetwood-East Coast Sour Diesel Sativa (Chemdog 91 x Super Skunk)
   I got this because it said east coast and so I will pretend I am Fred Gall.

Ember Valley-Ice Cream Cake Hybrid
   Although it was described as "pedestrian" I wanted to try it.

Grass Valley-Georgia Costanza hybrid
   I got this based on name alone.

Source-indica dominant- OG larry-
    I got this based on name alone as well. I shall think of Larry David.

Kanabas-Wedding Crasher hybrid
   It was cheap and I have never been invited to a wedding.

Volcannx- Green Cush
   From what I have read on here, not a bad move.

Jack Herer
  Same comment as immediately above.

That goodbye is still possibly happening, just delayed but I'm glad I could inspire you to check some stuff out. Having a big stash isn't the worst thing, suddenly people want to spend more time with you for some reason. You got some winners there for sure though.

ECSD is the only "sour D" I like. I'm sure Fred likes it too.

ICC was the hottest strain of the early pandemic here, a lot of people love it but it doesn't do much for me. It has some weird terpenes that probably either work for you or don't, so you might be one it works for.

Larry used to be a go-to for me. Our cut is very much that turn of the millennium hydroponic style piney hybrid and it tends to be high thc. It's nothing spectacular for me but it gets the job done quick and cheap.

Green crack/cush is a good move. Contrary to the name it's quite relaxed and happy and the high myrcene content means munchies for me. I like the taste too.. we get a nice mango tasting cut that averages around 15% thc, so it's a nice dessert or midday snack.

Jack. I'm dabbing Jack live resin sauce as I write this haha. One of my top 10 all timers for sure. Terpinoline and ocimene is a powerful combination that clears my anxiety and stimulates my creativity so Jack is one of the best ways to start the day for me. Ocimene is also a potent decongestant, so if you're stuffed up it'll fix that. It doesn't hurt that the sweet lime and funky cedar terp profile makes it maybe my favorite tasting strain (Lamb's Bread might beat it out but it's been so long since I've had any) in both flower and concentrate forms. So yeah, I hope I'm not hyping it up too much but it ticks all the boxes for me and hopefully it will for you as well.

Never had Costanza (whatever the hell that is haha) or wedding crasher.

Do they give you a terp analysis? I love nerding out and comparing the differences between markets and seeing how bad ours is haha.