Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180812 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1470 on: April 27, 2022, 02:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After reading @Buttfart Rapedick 's tentative good bye letter to the devil's lettuce, I decided to do the equivalent of "pouring one out" for a lost soldier. I REALLY am out of the game but think this will last me throughout the summer.

Fleetwood-East Coast Sour Diesel Sativa (Chemdog 91 x Super Skunk)
   I got this because it said east coast and so I will pretend I am Fred Gall.

Ember Valley-Ice Cream Cake Hybrid
   Although it was described as "pedestrian" I wanted to try it.

Grass Valley-Georgia Costanza hybrid
   I got this based on name alone.

Source-indica dominant- OG larry-
    I got this based on name alone as well. I shall think of Larry David.

Kanabas-Wedding Crasher hybrid
   It was cheap and I have never been invited to a wedding.

Volcannx- Green Cush
   From what I have read on here, not a bad move.

Jack Herer
  Same comment as immediately above.
[close]

That goodbye is still possibly happening, just delayed but I'm glad I could inspire you to check some stuff out. Having a big stash isn't the worst thing, suddenly people want to spend more time with you for some reason. You got some winners there for sure though.

ECSD is the only "sour D" I like. I'm sure Fred likes it too.

ICC was the hottest strain of the early pandemic here, a lot of people love it but it doesn't do much for me. It has some weird terpenes that probably either work for you or don't, so you might be one it works for.

Larry used to be a go-to for me. Our cut is very much that turn of the millennium hydroponic style piney hybrid and it tends to be high thc. It's nothing spectacular for me but it gets the job done quick and cheap.

Green crack/cush is a good move. Contrary to the name it's quite relaxed and happy and the high myrcene content means munchies for me. I like the taste too.. we get a nice mango tasting cut that averages around 15% thc, so it's a nice dessert or midday snack.

Jack. I'm dabbing Jack live resin sauce as I write this haha. One of my top 10 all timers for sure. Terpinoline and ocimene is a powerful combination that clears my anxiety and stimulates my creativity so Jack is one of the best ways to start the day for me. Ocimene is also a potent decongestant, so if you're stuffed up it'll fix that. It doesn't hurt that the sweet lime and funky cedar terp profile makes it maybe my favorite tasting strain (Lamb's Bread might beat it out but it's been so long since I've had any) in both flower and concentrate forms. So yeah, I hope I'm not hyping it up too much but it ticks all the boxes for me and hopefully it will for you as well.

Never had Costanza (whatever the hell that is haha) or wedding crasher.

Do they give you a terp analysis? I love nerding out and comparing the differences between markets and seeing how bad ours is haha.
[close]

Terpenes: 3.5%
   b-Caryophllene 1.10%
   b Myrcene: .7%
   Limonene .6%
   a humulene .5%
   Cannabinoids 27.76%
   THC: 24.45%
   CBD: 0%
   THCa: 26.94%
   Delta 9: .82%

Ember Valley-Ice Cream Cake Hybrid
   THC: 28.88%
   CBD: .13%
   Total cannabinoids: 29.14%

Grass Valley-Georgia Costanza hybrid
   Total Thc: 27.48%
   CBD: .04%
Total cannabinoids: 32.64%

Source-indica dominant- OG larry-
   Cannabioids: 33.7%
   Total ThC: 28.3%

Kanabas-Wedding Crasher hybrid
   THC: 23.83%
   CBD: .05%
   Cannabinoids: 28.62%

Volcannx- Green Cush
   THC 26.48%
   CBD:0.18%
   Total Terpenes: 1.66%
   Myrcene, Ocimene, Caryophyllene

Jack Herer
   THC: 20%
   CBD: 0%
   Cannabinoids: 24%

That is all the information I could see on the packaging, verbatim.

Thanks! Looks like it's not legally mandated but some growers are doing it themselves then. That's really cool, like I've said before I really think being an informed consumer is key to getting the most out of weed and the more info they give the less I feel like they have something to hide haha. Everything there looks good, it's fun to live vicariously through someone else's stash haha.

Very, very nice looking terps on that ECSD, for me it hits more like an indica or IDH and your flower looks like it would erase any pain or stress I could possibly have. All that caryophellene means it's gonna have a peppery zing to it and also be good for inflammation while the myr/lim combo should reduce anxiety and pain to IDGAF levels. It's not super common to see that much humulene either, it's an interesting terp that helps with inflammation and may actually suppress your appetite. It also adds this bitter, hoppy kinda taste that I love...kinda like a little whiff of good beer with your bud. I actually think it's the reason I respond so strongly to chem and Purple Kush genetics.

The Green crack is surprisingly high thc and average terp content, which makes me think they've selectively bred for thc #s and really stressed it to get there. For comparison we have 3 growers that do it and it rarely gets over 20% here. Under 2% terps isn't ideal but it's not necessarily bad since GC doesn't have a super complex terp profile. As long as the myrcene and ocimene are there then it should be fine for you to figure out if you like it. If you do then you can look for a cut that's a little more terp focused or a strain with a similar profile.

I'm really curious about the Jack, 20% thc and 4% secondaries (probably almost all cbg) is right around the sweet spot for me strain if the terps are there. If she smells like funky citrus and clears your sinuses when you open the bag then you may be in for a treat. I use it either as a breakfast strain or to enhance activities that can sometimes become mundane or feel a little stale. Music and light skating are both really nice, I always feel very connected to my board.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1471 on: April 27, 2022, 10:05:13 AM »
After waiting for like 6 months my second favorite indica cart is finally back. Motor breath live resin.. the plan was to just get that today but then I walked past the other dispensary and saw they had 40% off flower so I grabbed an eighth of durban (I want to share some with my friends and parents but I can't stop smoking it lol) and a couple of $30 small flower eighths as well as a sampler pack of a budder called fruit pie that's absolutely delicious.

https://imgur.com/a/LLTi9W8

First up Citrus City OG (213 OG x Lemon OG)... been looking at this for a while so I figured might as well try it while it's fresh and cheap. Almost 30% thca and 1.2% terpinoline, the name fits the smell for sure. Pure, clean citrus with a little pine underneath. Looking forward to this - curious if it'll be more sativa leaning.

Other one is something I've had dabs of but this is the first time I've had flower from this grower - Biker OG. I figure once I finish the gg4 I can replace it with this. This is really kind of a quintessential OG for me... Sweet, earthy, gassy, and lemony all at once. I smoked a bong of it as soon as I got home and it's a little rough but the effects are there. I'm chillin here in bed watching battle bots and eating cinnamon bread and thats exactly what I want from an OG high.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1472 on: April 27, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
i want some green crack and biker og in my life. these sound like i'd love em.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1473 on: April 27, 2022, 05:56:44 PM »

I actually did think of you when I cracked into the Biker, no bullshit. The lineage is a little uncertain, but I think the general belief is that it's mostly OG kush and blackberry genetics and I can definitely see that being the case. The taste and initial high are definitely classic OG but it has a bit more sedation as it settles in. The taste is perfect but I was thinking today that "lemon candy you dropped in the dirt under a pine tree" isn't something most people consider delicious. I wonder what younger folks who grew up smoking candy strains think of stuff like this, I'm sure they respect the legacy but do they think it tastes good?

Either way the effects are undeniable. Its such a relaxing, relieving strain. I remember looking up reviews for it when I got the sugar and under the "pairs well with" section it just said fishing and doing nothing lol. I don't have anywhere to fish, but I can confirm it's fantastic for doing nothing.

thebacker

« Reply #1474 on: April 27, 2022, 06:24:25 PM »
Was low on cash for this weekend so I got an 8th of Mids for $20. Northern Lights, one of my favorite from the original Dutch strains bred in the late 90s, sweet-smelling and potent. Classic bud for the low gets me so hyped, I come from the era when weed was $20 a gram in California. The prices we are seeing now have been a long time coming and I am here for it

bruh thats exotics

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1475 on: April 27, 2022, 07:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Was low on cash for this weekend so I got an 8th of Mids for $20. Northern Lights, one of my favorite from the original Dutch strains bred in the late 90s, sweet-smelling and potent. Classic bud for the low gets me so hyped, I come from the era when weed was $20 a gram in California. The prices we are seeing now have been a long time coming and I am here for it

[close]

bruh thats exotics

Every response every thread. Gold. No filler.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1476 on: April 27, 2022, 07:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually did think of you when I cracked into the Biker, no bullshit. The lineage is a little uncertain, but I think the general belief is that it's mostly OG kush and blackberry genetics and I can definitely see that being the case. The taste and initial high are definitely classic OG but it has a bit more sedation as it settles in. The taste is perfect but I was thinking today that "lemon candy you dropped in the dirt under a pine tree" isn't something most people consider delicious. I wonder what younger folks who grew up smoking candy strains think of stuff like this, I'm sure they respect the legacy but do they think it tastes good?

Either way the effects are undeniable. Its such a relaxing, relieving strain. I remember looking up reviews for it when I got the sugar and under the "pairs well with" section it just said fishing and doing nothing lol. I don't have anywhere to fish, but I can confirm it's fantastic for doing nothing.

I wonder if the name biker OG is derived from BBK (blackberry kush)  having been a very common strain for the biker gangs to grow on the west coast. That BBK tasted and felt hashy as fuck
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1477 on: April 28, 2022, 04:00:52 AM »
I tried the Citrus city OG this morning and I'm pleasantly surprised! Its definitely sativa leaning and simple but very effective. Sometimes you'll see 29% thca and it won't really feel like it, but I had to take a break before finishing my j with this stuff. Basically straight up terpinoline smell/taste which is fine by me. The high is also a very straightforward citrusy sativa. I was struggling to sit still for the first half hour or so but it wasn't like nervous energy... I was very happy and relaxed mentally. It's not quite durban poison but it isn't as far off as I thought it would be. If DP is a Mercedes then this stuff is a Volkswagen... Not quite as fast or as fancy but it'll still get where you're going comfortably and efficiently.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wonder if the name biker OG is derived from BBK (blackberry kush)  having been a very common strain for the biker gangs to grow on the west coast. That BBK tasted and felt hashy as fuck

So here's my understanding - the original strain was called Hell's Angels OG because they controlled part of the trade in socal at one point and the bud was very good so it became sort of notorious. OGK x BBK is rumored/suspected to be what they were selling, but obviously a black market biker gang didn't really document their genetics. It also gets a little less defined around when the commercial markets started.. no one wanted to piss off the hells angels, so they either renamed the strain to Biker OG or crossed it with SFV and that became Biker, so depending on who you ask its either a straight BBK x OGK cross or (BBK x OGK) x SFV OG.

At any rate its very fucking good haha. Its similar to motor breath in a lot of ways but they compliment each other perfectly if you want that classic indicrushed feeling. Here's the terps for Franky to drool over or if anyone wants to get an idea of the terps that give me this sort of effect. If I add crown royale (blueberry x purple kush) to the mix then its almost like taking a sleeping pill as well.

https://i.imgur.com/K2Zrg2Y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7pNNvI9.jpg

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1478 on: April 28, 2022, 04:04:27 PM »
Order came through and I’m STOKED.  Long post incoming, I’m fucking buzzing.

Grabbed the stuff at home after work and headed right to my old man’s so I could split the Pineapple Haze, Redneck Frosting and Panama Red with him. Wet Cherry is all mine. My dad was SO stoked about the Panama Red, I didn’t tell him.

Jars were:
15.07g Redneck Frosting
15.22 Pineapple Haze
15.65 Wet Cherry
3.67 Panama Red (free)

Buttfart, I’ll get this out of the way right away by saying the Panama is the best goddamn sativa I’ve ever had in 20 years of smoking. Nothing comes close, except perhaps the Malawi Gold I had 10 years ago. It hit me right in the middle of the forehead and has a unique buzz like I’ve never felt. Super potent, energetic, floaty and clear headed, this is the weed you smoke for a long walk with good music. Long-lasting, too. I smoked two small bowls an hour ago and the high hasn’t gone down at all. A joint of this would be overkill. This is probably loaded with THC-V. I’m super grateful he let me have this, seeing as this is probably the only time I’ll ever get to smoke this.

I must say however, this is absolutely not for someone with anxiety problems, because it’s the raciest weed I’ve ever had. It’d be super easy to overdo it. Luckily that’s not my case and I get to enjoy it.

So far I’ve only tried the Panama Red

As for smells,

Wet Cherry:
-Purple weed smell (Purple Kush minus the kushiness, Grape Ape, Black Cherry Soda etc..)
-Slight citrus
-A bit cheesy
-Lavendar

Redneck Frosting:
-When you walk into someone’s kitchen and they’re cooking Chili
-Body odour and dirty feet. Kinda smells like my work boots
-Hint of garlic and gas
-Foul smelling in the best way, don’t know how else to describe it.

Pineapple Haze
-Very Citrusy, almost like a skunky New England IPA
- Quite sour in a stinky way. Mean this in the best way.
-A bit sweet.
-I can tell this one’s going to taste good.

Panama Red:
-Cedar is the first thing that somes to mind
-Slight rolling tobacco
-Something else I can’t quite put my finger on, maybe basil ?
-Tastes like faint tobacco.

Pics- (yes I know my nail is gross, I smashed it a month ago)

Panama Red.
Took a few at my dad’s, then one at home with flash

https://ibb.co/5B6BbLT
https://ibb.co/YX112KB
https://ibb.co/HrjfNtz
https://ibb.co/yX69822
https://ibb.co/8rG6CLg
https://ibb.co/GT2vBhY
https://ibb.co/bKQY9LX

By the way, it doesn’t show on the pic of the scale, but that’s 3.47 after smoking a bit. That scale held all 15g jars no problem. Fluffiest and lightest weed I’ve ever smoked.

Wet Cherry

https://ibb.co/Yym7QSZ
https://ibb.co/zGzbZK5
https://ibb.co/LPB2Rbk
https://ibb.co/WkMRsL0

Pineapple Haze

https://ibb.co/NST0Y7X
https://ibb.co/1mZ2Qqs
https://ibb.co/W5YgLpX

Redneck Frosting

https://ibb.co/jR6RqbK
https://ibb.co/DrD6jxq
https://ibb.co/F4hBMWp

So yeah, I think that’s it. Sorry for the long review, that Panama has me feeling like I’m on blow. I’m getting baked tonight boys !

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1479 on: April 29, 2022, 04:23:28 AM »
Order came through and I’m STOKED.  Long post incoming, I’m fucking buzzing.

Grabbed the stuff at home after work and headed right to my old man’s so I could split the Pineapple Haze, Redneck Frosting and Panama Red with him. Wet Cherry is all mine. My dad was SO stoked about the Panama Red, I didn’t tell him.

Jars were:
15.07g Redneck Frosting
15.22 Pineapple Haze
15.65 Wet Cherry
3.67 Panama Red (free)

Buttfart, I’ll get this out of the way right away by saying the Panama is the best goddamn sativa I’ve ever had in 20 years of smoking. Nothing comes close, except perhaps the Malawi Gold I had 10 years ago. It hit me right in the middle of the forehead and has a unique buzz like I’ve never felt. Super potent, energetic, floaty and clear headed, this is the weed you smoke for a long walk with good music. Long-lasting, too. I smoked two small bowls an hour ago and the high hasn’t gone down at all. A joint of this would be overkill. This is probably loaded with THC-V. I’m super grateful he let me have this, seeing as this is probably the only time I’ll ever get to smoke this.

I must say however, this is absolutely not for someone with anxiety problems, because it’s the raciest weed I’ve ever had. It’d be super easy to overdo it. Luckily that’s not my case and I get to enjoy it.

So far I’ve only tried the Panama Red

As for smells,

Wet Cherry:
-Purple weed smell (Purple Kush minus the kushiness, Grape Ape, Black Cherry Soda etc..)
-Slight citrus
-A bit cheesy
-Lavendar

Redneck Frosting:
-When you walk into someone’s kitchen and they’re cooking Chili
-Body odour and dirty feet. Kinda smells like my work boots
-Hint of garlic and gas
-Foul smelling in the best way, don’t know how else to describe it.

Pineapple Haze
-Very Citrusy, almost like a skunky New England IPA
- Quite sour in a stinky way. Mean this in the best way.
-A bit sweet.
-I can tell this one’s going to taste good.

Panama Red:
-Cedar is the first thing that somes to mind
-Slight rolling tobacco
-Something else I can’t quite put my finger on, maybe basil ?
-Tastes like faint tobacco.

Pics- (yes I know my nail is gross, I smashed it a month ago)

Panama Red.
Took a few at my dad’s, then one at home with flash

https://ibb.co/5B6BbLT
https://ibb.co/YX112KB
https://ibb.co/HrjfNtz
https://ibb.co/yX69822
https://ibb.co/8rG6CLg
https://ibb.co/GT2vBhY
https://ibb.co/bKQY9LX

By the way, it doesn’t show on the pic of the scale, but that’s 3.47 after smoking a bit. That scale held all 15g jars no problem. Fluffiest and lightest weed I’ve ever smoked.

Wet Cherry

https://ibb.co/Yym7QSZ
https://ibb.co/zGzbZK5
https://ibb.co/LPB2Rbk
https://ibb.co/WkMRsL0

Pineapple Haze

https://ibb.co/NST0Y7X
https://ibb.co/1mZ2Qqs
https://ibb.co/W5YgLpX

Redneck Frosting

https://ibb.co/jR6RqbK
https://ibb.co/DrD6jxq
https://ibb.co/F4hBMWp

So yeah, I think that’s it. Sorry for the long review, that Panama has me feeling like I’m on blow. I’m getting baked tonight boys !

Dude boogs I love you dude. You have a hilarious but incredibly accurate and relatable way of describing shit. I remember with the romulan you mentioned a "rotting flesh" note and I both instantly knew what you meant and was able to pick it out in the golden goat (a Rom cross) I had. Anyways I'm insanely jealous of, and happy for you. I'm so stoked you surprised your old man with it too, did he go full kid at Christmas?

Its so interesting to see landrace sativas like that. It really does look like a whole different species of plant. I only ever had Panama red once and I was 19 and pretty drunk so I didn't really understand or appreciate it as much as I should have. All I can really recall is it being energizing and having this incredible inner warmth in my face. From your description it sounds like the pure sativa experience that flipped so many lids back in the day is still alive and well.

I'm very intrigued by the terp profile. You described cedar, is there any lime or citrus to it? A lot of people perceive terpinoline as like a sweet cedar and lime smell and that's a terp that is found in some of the really potent landracey sativas like durban, island sweet skunk, and some Thai varieties. The tobacco smell/taste is something I pick up in lambs bread and when its a subtle background note it drives me nuts in the best way. I also know what you mean with that basil terp, it's there in the African Thai (durban x Thai) that I get sometimes. It's not my favorite, but if it's a background terp and blends in well with the other spicy/earthy terps then I like it. Overall it sounds very funky and unique, and most importantly the effects are there. Big fucking props to the grower, this is exactly the direction that I want to see more people exploring in Cannabis.

The wet cherry sounds like your standard modern candy strain. Btw you're a lot like Frank in that you have a very well developed nose for terps you just dont know the names. The lavender one is linalool, it's prevalent in almost all cake or ice cream strains. The cheese and slight citrus is probably limonene, another terp very popular in modern weed. The purple weed one im actually not entirely sure of... It might be a combination of a couple, but bisabolol is definitely involved. So I would expect this strain to be very heady and strong, but have a goofy character to it from the linalool. I usually find these kinds of strains to be good but a little boring.

Pineapple haze sounds/looks amazing. The color/structure reminds me of that chaos kush stuff I was really enjoying a few weeks ago and your description is pretty close to the smell as well. CK tasted like candy and had a surprisingly happy and subtle high that was really quite a pleasure, so I really hope PH does the same for you.

Redneck frosting sounds like my kinda funk haha. Indica leaning effects I'm assuming? The other strain that comes to mind with a distinct chili/BO note to it (especially concentrates) is Orange Krush, which is one of the best happy indicas, and the garlic and gas makes me think of GMO so I bet that shit is strong as hell. I would anticipate it being really fucking good, but I would also save it for the evening unless you have time for a snack and nap haha.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1480 on: April 29, 2022, 05:35:51 AM »
Old man was stoked for sure. My mom called me at like 8pm telling me my dad had been in the basement for about two hours with his studio headphones listening to blues and Alan Parson Project vibing. Sounds like I hit a home run with that one. Made my day for sure.

Keep in mind my sense of smell might have been skewed a bit yesterday, when you spend an hour with your nose in jars they all sorta start blending together after a while.

For now the PR is 80% cedar, 15% faint pipe tobacco and like 5% basil. I’ll give it a few days in the jar and report later. No lime yet. If you’ve ever trimmed a cedar hedge, PR smells a lot like that.

I cracked the Pineapple Haze jar this morning and I’m getting a hint of incense and fresh pineapple, didn’t get any incense yesterday. The tartness is really coming out. First one I’m trying once I get off work.

I gave the Wet Cherry a try last night, and it’s anything but a pastry strain (I hate those). Nice slightly indica hybrid that gave me the munchies like a mother fucker. Imagine if Purple Kush made sweet love to a Grapefruit or something like that. So far, I get no cherry. Nice heavy head high, not too goofy. Doesn’t feel like the Blueberry Runtz I got a few weeks back. Feels like a more sativa Purple Kush minus the kushiness to be honest. Feels like a good everyday smoke to me.

Didn’t try the Redneck Frosting yet, that’ll be tonight.

Sent the grower a message last night about genetics, here’s what he gave me:

Panama Red- Landrace.

Pineapple Haze- Original Haze x Pineapple Chunk

Wet Cherry- Wet Tap (Pure Michigan x Macslurry) x Cherry Punch

Redneck Frosting- Wet Tap (Pure Michigan x Macslurry) x Sugarcane.

Although the RF and WC seem like cousins, they’re nothing alike. Grower told me the RF is a loooot heavier of a high and very potent. Late night smoke, just like you said.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1481 on: April 30, 2022, 11:55:13 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

So here's my understanding - the original strain was called Hell's Angels OG because they controlled part of the trade in socal at one point and the bud was very good so it became sort of notorious. OGK x BBK is rumored/suspected to be what they were selling, but obviously a black market biker gang didn't really document their genetics. It also gets a little less defined around when the commercial markets started.. no one wanted to piss off the hells angels, so they either renamed the strain to Biker OG or crossed it with SFV and that became Biker, so depending on who you ask its either a straight BBK x OGK cross or (BBK x OGK) x SFV OG.

yeah, man, the BBK (crossed with anything called OG... everything was called an OG cross for the buyers coming from wherever) was a wildly common commercial outdoor strain during the mid 00s. It was one of those strains that always came out chunky, good yield, minimal maintenance, and stoney. As a commercial strain, it was usually a couple hundred less than OG, SD, GSC, but more desirable than the G13, Hash Plant, Mr. Nice crosses, which are all chonkers too.

I don't usually post pics and these are from an ooooold digital camera, so quality aint the best, but here's some BBK from an indoor run in 2014. Not super chunkers inside, but this was good bud

I also mentioned G13 as a popular commercial outdoor strain from that period, here's a G13 nug from the Mattole watershed of Southern Humboldt circa 2012. I think its an ok example of why Humboldt outdoor had such a strong reputation for so long, especially considering this wasn't a "craft" scene

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1482 on: April 30, 2022, 12:06:32 PM »
Old man was stoked for sure. My mom called me at like 8pm telling me my dad had been in the basement for about two hours with his studio headphones listening to blues and Alan Parson Project vibing. Sounds like I hit a home run with that one. Made my day for sure.

Keep in mind my sense of smell might have been skewed a bit yesterday, when you spend an hour with your nose in jars they all sorta start blending together after a while.

For now the PR is 80% cedar, 15% faint pipe tobacco and like 5% basil. I’ll give it a few days in the jar and report later. No lime yet. If you’ve ever trimmed a cedar hedge, PR smells a lot like that.

I cracked the Pineapple Haze jar this morning and I’m getting a hint of incense and fresh pineapple, didn’t get any incense yesterday. The tartness is really coming out. First one I’m trying once I get off work.

I gave the Wet Cherry a try last night, and it’s anything but a pastry strain (I hate those). Nice slightly indica hybrid that gave me the munchies like a mother fucker. Imagine if Purple Kush made sweet love to a Grapefruit or something like that. So far, I get no cherry. Nice heavy head high, not too goofy. Doesn’t feel like the Blueberry Runtz I got a few weeks back. Feels like a more sativa Purple Kush minus the kushiness to be honest. Feels like a good everyday smoke to me.

Didn’t try the Redneck Frosting yet, that’ll be tonight.

Sent the grower a message last night about genetics, here’s what he gave me:

Panama Red- Landrace.

Pineapple Haze- Original Haze x Pineapple Chunk

Wet Cherry- Wet Tap (Pure Michigan x Macslurry) x Cherry Punch

Redneck Frosting- Wet Tap (Pure Michigan x Macslurry) x Sugarcane.

Although the RF and WC seem like cousins, they’re nothing alike. Grower told me the RF is a loooot heavier of a high and very potent. Late night smoke, just like you said.

Very interesting! My neighbors are going to be pissed when they find me clipping their cedars and furiously sniffing jars of basil and tobacco. Hey fuck off Greg, I'm trying to figure something out.

So i looked up the wet Tap genetics and it looks like both parents are pretty potent IDH, so maybe it's there to push potency or stabilize something. I find that a lot of growers have a strain they do that with, here it's usually stardawg or GMO which is ok but boring after a while just because I've had it so much. Im glad to hear I was way off on my prediction with the WC, I guess I was just assuming what our shitty basic bitch growers would do rather than a competent breeder, let alone a mad scientist haha. I'm very interested in how the RF hits you now, if I actually guessed right and this one is anything like orange krush then you're in for a treat.

Pineapple haze sounds soooooo dope. If it's a chunk cross then according to Google it's lineage is Haze x (pineapple x (cheese x skunk 1)) ... Not bad haha. Some of the most legendary and important strains ever in there and since this guy clearly knows his shit I'd expect them to be very good, pure parent cuts. In any other stash I think this would be the star of the show, but you happened to get it alongside one of the rarest and most revered strains ever haha. With those genes I'm guessing it'll be fairly down the middle or slightly sativa leaning from the haze?

I'm still well stocked but I looked at the menus today and two places got in Alien Dawg. I was pretty blown away by Alien rift, so Alien Technology (rumored to be a pure Afghanica landrace brought back by a deployed soldier in the early-mid 00's) crossed with Chemdawg could yield some insanely potent bud. If they still have it when I finish this biker OG and gg4 then I'm definitely going to try it.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1483 on: April 30, 2022, 02:20:34 PM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1484 on: April 30, 2022, 02:49:12 PM »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1485 on: April 30, 2022, 05:51:32 PM »
@IusedToSkateMore wins. That has to be one of the most mouthwatering pics posted in the entire thread. Holy fuck.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1486 on: April 30, 2022, 11:37:10 PM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

What are some good sources of information to learn more about strains?

Is wayofleaf.com kosher?

I like allbud but wayofleaf is good too. Even leafly is useful sometimes. Usually I'll just google the name and read at least the first couple sources since there's so much conflicting information out there on a lot of strains. If you want to get really in depth and nerdy about it grow forums are a good place as well.

Cracked a new jar of durbs this morning. Same batch (2.53% terpinoline, 5.02% total terps) so nothing new. I don't know if it's because of how fresh it is or because I switched to a different, milder coffee but the anise/black licorice taste that durban poison is known for is super prevalent. Its usually kind of lost in the background but today its coming in right behind the terpinoline and then sticking around long after I exhale. Guess I have to go get another jar now, this shit is just on a whole other level from the bud we usually get here.

I did get a nug I consider a perfect example of the strain though - it has the density, shape, structure, color, and resin production that I look for in a good durban cut. It's not like a huge spectacular bud or obscenely beautiful like  iusedtoskatemore's BBK pic, but more like a type specimen if you're taxonomically inclined.

https://i.imgur.com/ldJmkhw.jpg

Basically I'm looking for that chubby football shape, very dense bud structure (fairly unique for a landrace sativa) that's smooth with no or few protruding calyxes, dark (but not purple) sugar leaves, and bright pistils that are essentially "glued" in place from all the resin.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 02:17:27 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Fred Ball

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • Dirts win
« Reply #1487 on: May 02, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »

I got this because it said east coast and so I will pretend I am Fred Gall.

Get your own shtick.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1488 on: May 02, 2022, 11:17:35 AM »
Expand Quote
@Buttfart Rapedick

Is wayofleaf.com kosher?
[close]

I like allbud but wayofleaf is good too. Even leafly is useful sometimes. Usually I'll just google the name and read at least the first couple sources since there's so much conflicting information out there on a lot of strains. If you want to get really in depth and nerdy about it grow forums are a good place as well.

Cracked a new jar of durbs this morning. Same batch (2.53% terpinoline, 5.02% total terps) so nothing new. I don't know if it's because of how fresh it is or because I switched to a different, milder coffee but the anise/black licorice taste that durban poison is known for is super prevalent. Its usually kind of lost in the background but today its coming in right behind the terpinoline and then sticking around long after I exhale. Guess I have to go get another jar now, this shit is just on a whole other level from the bud we usually get here.

I did get a nug I consider a perfect example of the strain though - it has the density, shape, structure, color, and resin production that I look for in a good durban cut. It's not like a huge spectacular bud or obscenely beautiful like  iusedtoskatemore's BBK pic, but more like a type specimen if you're taxonomically inclined.

Basically I'm looking for that chubby football shape, very dense bud structure (fairly unique for a landrace sativa) that's smooth with no or few protruding calyxes, dark (but not purple) sugar leaves, and bright pistils that are essentially "glued" in place from all the resin.

I think a huge contributing issue to the look, if you will, of a lot of weed is how it's manicured/cleaned up/trimmed. the vast majority of anything coming out of the store isn't going to be hand trimmed and if it is, it's been shaved by a shitty trimmer using spring loaded fiskars while making $15/hr and who has no incentive to make the bud look nice. You remember all the mafia beasters that was around and people talked about it getting "keef boxed" or whatever, and that's pretty much what happens to most store bought herbs these days. Running shit through a trim machine, dry or wet, really ruins the aesthetics in my experience/opinion.

I only bring this up because those pics I showed were of buds that had been bucked (some big leaves removed before hanging), hang dried, and hand trimmed with scissors made for manicuring bonsai trees- which was the west coast standard, with trimmers getting paid 200+ pp to do a good job of it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1489 on: May 02, 2022, 11:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Buttfart Rapedick

Is wayofleaf.com kosher?
[close]

[close]

I think a huge contributing issue to the look, if you will, of a lot of weed is how it's manicured/cleaned up/trimmed. the vast majority of anything coming out of the store isn't going to be hand trimmed and if it is, it's been shaved by a shitty trimmer using spring loaded fiskars while making $15/hr and who has no incentive to make the bud look nice. You remember all the mafia beasters that was around and people talked about it getting "keef boxed" or whatever, and that's pretty much what happens to most store bought herbs these days. Running shit through a trim machine, dry or wet, really ruins the aesthetics in my experience/opinion.

I only bring this up because those pics I showed were of buds that had been bucked (some big leaves removed before hanging), hang dried, and hand trimmed with scissors made for manicuring bonsai trees- which was the west coast standard, with trimmers getting paid 200+ pp to do a good job of it.

No you're spot on (as usual). People here are so uninformed and used to the manscaped buds that when they actually get hand trimmed they whine about there being even the slightest bit of leaf. I know most of my bud looks fairly similar simply due to the buzzcut, that's probably part of why I focus on terps so much actually.

Every now and then we'll get "rough cut" from a couple of growers which varies from basically untouched to someone very quickly snipping only the most prominent sugar leaves to sometimes actually being better than the machine trim jobs. I have a jar of cherry AK roughs in the basement, I'll snap a pic in the morning if I remember. I bought it on sale and it had a really weird cure so I smoked half a J of it and threw it in a drawer. I'm almost positive they used one of those oven jawns because IIRC it was like 25% thca and 4% thc, so it got partially decarbed somehow and the most likely culprit is heat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1490 on: May 03, 2022, 03:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Very interesting! My neighbors are going to be pissed when they find me clipping their cedars and furiously sniffing jars of basil and tobacco. Hey fuck off Greg, I'm trying to figure something out.

So i looked up the wet Tap genetics and it looks like both parents are pretty potent IDH, so maybe it's there to push potency or stabilize something. I find that a lot of growers have a strain they do that with, here it's usually stardawg or GMO which is ok but boring after a while just because I've had it so much. Im glad to hear I was way off on my prediction with the WC, I guess I was just assuming what our shitty basic bitch growers would do rather than a competent breeder, let alone a mad scientist haha. I'm very interested in how the RF hits you now, if I actually guessed right and this one is anything like orange krush then you're in for a treat.

Pineapple haze sounds soooooo dope. If it's a chunk cross then according to Google it's lineage is Haze x (pineapple x (cheese x skunk 1)) ... Not bad haha. Some of the most legendary and important strains ever in there and since this guy clearly knows his shit I'd expect them to be very good, pure parent cuts. In any other stash I think this would be the star of the show, but you happened to get it alongside one of the rarest and most revered strains ever haha. With those genes I'm guessing it'll be fairly down the middle or slightly sativa leaning from the haze?

The guy that bred the Wet Tap and Redneck Frosting works a lot with Pure Michigan, I believe he might be one of the only breeders in Canada working with it. Check him out on IG: BarrieGrower. Dude has some amazing work and I'd love to grow his stuff. I know Space Sherpa and Simcoe Country Chronic work a lot with BG's beans and they both have beautiful product (their profiles may be private, but well worth a look if they aren'). Never done business with Simcoe, though.. would love to, his stuff looks outstanding.

The Redneck Frosting should be called "day wrecker", fucking thing turned me into a house plant in the middle of the afternoon. SO potent, I needed a nap. This is some late-night, watching LOTR-type of weed. High is very different from the Wet Cherry, even if they share the same genetics and are both indicas. RF is like a Mirko CroCop kick to the dome, WC comes on slowly but like a freight train. WC's high is smoother, more physical (bit of a hashy high), RF is is a heaaaaavy head high that knocked my ass out. I'm going to give it another go but not a whole joint this time lol Both highs are quite long-lasting, longer than i'm used to.

I'd say the Pineapple Haze is the highlight of the bunch; taste, smell, high, burn... everything is perfect. I can smoke it day and night no problem. 60/40 Sativa hybrid I'd say, right up my alley. I smoked a joint of it yesterday and could not taste my beer after, the taste is out of this world. I could smoke only this from now on and not complain one bit. Wish I could make you taste it, I'm sure you'd like it.

Panama Red is super special though, there's no high like it. He's got another jar put aside for me for my next order and for that I'm super grateful. I'm super tight-lipped about it and haven't told any of my friends. IT'S MINE DAMN IT.

Space Sherpa's also got another Thai in the works, but we're looking at 18-20 weeks of flowering, so that won't be for now. He's also growing some FIRE looking Super Silver Haze for his headstash and hopefully he'll be sending me a sample as well. Saw some pics and it looks nuts, pink hues and a ton of trichomes. Haven't had SSH in over ten years, I'm so excited, it's an old favourite of mine.

Sherp also just got his Black Milk (Right Hemisphere Genetics) tested at High North Labs in Toronto ... since you're the terp guy, perhaps you can tell me what the fuck this means:  https://ibb.co/99CgGM0 
That's one I really want to try but never got around to.
I know the numbers look good, but none of this means any sense to me.

@IusedToSkateMore 

That's some nice looking stuff my friend. Sadly, BBK and G13 never made their way up here. I remember reading High Times and dreaming of smoking G13. Was that your grow ? If so, fine work, good sir.

In those years, up here it was all about the Montreal Purple Kush, Sour and NYC Diesel, Silver/Super Silver/Amenesia/Lemon Haze, Lemon Skunk, Chocolope and White Widow crosses. A loooot of fucking Purple Kush, though... to the point where I got sick of it. Same thing happened in BC as well. Market was flooded with it unfortunately. Wouldn't be mad to see it properly grown today by someone who knows what they're doing, though.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1491 on: May 04, 2022, 10:58:46 AM »
Visited an OG yesterday and he sent me home with a couple small branches. Dudes been doing it since 81 and its consistently the best I've encountered- smoke always tastes and smells clean, no bugs or mold. What's also nice is that the buds aren't usually super dense or massive, a sign that they're 100% organic.

Indoor soil run Kush Mints. Taste and smell were on point. Mildly sweet and well, minty. Smoke was lighter feeling on the throat than other KM I've smoked, indicative of a solid flush. First bong hit gave me a smile and I went about the day. Went outside with the puppy and was having a blast, quite clear headed and euphoric. Then I laid down on the grass to roll around and didn't want to move. No problem getting up, but the enjoyment of resting the body was strong. Once up on the feet, no feeling of lethargy or desire to sit. I think this is something worth noticing with solid 50/50 hybrids, especially those that are harvested on time (earlier harvest is speedier, later harvest is heavier). Couch lock is strong and wonderful, but once overcome and you're up, it's clear headed, fairly energetic, and mellow. 2nd and 3rd bong hit before taking a drive. Felt great and clear headed until about 15 minutes in when a live Phish show came on the local radio station and I felt high like I haven't felt since I was 19 and on Phish tour, smoking headies up and down the east coast. Mildly shroomy feeling sense of enjoyment and enhanced visual perception. Enhanced visual perception changed within 10 minutes and it was just a bangin old school feeling bomb right. 1 more bong hit before bed, slept from 11-8.

pre clip

lightly clipped

ready to burn

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:13:21 AM by IusedToSkateMore »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1492 on: May 05, 2022, 03:15:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The guy that bred the Wet Tap and Redneck Frosting works a lot with Pure Michigan, I believe he might be one of the only breeders in Canada working with it. Check him out on IG: BarrieGrower. Dude has some amazing work and I'd love to grow his stuff. I know Space Sherpa and Simcoe Country Chronic work a lot with BG's beans and they both have beautiful product (their profiles may be private, but well worth a look if they aren'). Never done business with Simcoe, though.. would love to, his stuff looks outstanding.

The Redneck Frosting should be called "day wrecker", fucking thing turned me into a house plant in the middle of the afternoon. SO potent, I needed a nap. This is some late-night, watching LOTR-type of weed. High is very different from the Wet Cherry, even if they share the same genetics and are both indicas. RF is like a Mirko CroCop kick to the dome, WC comes on slowly but like a freight train. WC's high is smoother, more physical (bit of a hashy high), RF is is a heaaaaavy head high that knocked my ass out. I'm going to give it another go but not a whole joint this time lol Both highs are quite long-lasting, longer than i'm used to.

I'd say the Pineapple Haze is the highlight of the bunch; taste, smell, high, burn... everything is perfect. I can smoke it day and night no problem. 60/40 Sativa hybrid I'd say, right up my alley. I smoked a joint of it yesterday and could not taste my beer after, the taste is out of this world. I could smoke only this from now on and not complain one bit. Wish I could make you taste it, I'm sure you'd like it.

Panama Red is super special though, there's no high like it. He's got another jar put aside for me for my next order and for that I'm super grateful. I'm super tight-lipped about it and haven't told any of my friends. IT'S MINE DAMN IT.

Space Sherpa's also got another Thai in the works, but we're looking at 18-20 weeks of flowering, so that won't be for now. He's also growing some FIRE looking Super Silver Haze for his headstash and hopefully he'll be sending me a sample as well. Saw some pics and it looks nuts, pink hues and a ton of trichomes. Haven't had SSH in over ten years, I'm so excited, it's an old favourite of mine.

Sherp also just got his Black Milk (Right Hemisphere Genetics) tested at High North Labs in Toronto ... since you're the terp guy, perhaps you can tell me what the fuck this means:  https://ibb.co/99CgGM0 
That's one I really want to try but never got around to.
I know the numbers look good, but none of this means any sense to me.

Ha! The RF sounds like what I was hoping it would be. That's basically what motorbreath does for  me - its not the most euphoric but if I'm wound up or having trouble sleeping it's great.

Pure Michigan sounds like its got some genetic potential for sure. From what I read it's notoriously potent, so I wonder if he's using it like some growers do with GMO to try and push up potency while still creating interesting tastes or effects. I've been on an IDH kick lately so I would really love to try the redneck frosting.

Super happy the pineapple haze actually lived up to the genetic potential and smell. It sounds like it could fit in the same slot that chaos kush or blue agave did for me - ideal for basically any situation and it tastes so good you never really get sick of it. If I ever see it on a menu here I'm going to get it even though I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as well grown.

The Panama red just...im soooo jealous but im glad it's going to someone who appreciates it haha.

To answer your question about the terp analysis... It's pretty fucking impressive haha. I would estimate that the standard "premium" bud here is around 2-2.5% total terpenes. The really crazy stuff like the durban is 3.5-5%. Any terp even approaching 1% is going to be very strong in both taste and effect, and all those little 0.1% ones will be the background flavors and smells that get layered in there and make things interesting. And this looks very interesting haha. This kind of profile is probably very strong and heady from the limonene/caryophyllene combo and likely to have significant painkilling effects. I honestly don't have a ton of experience with this kind of strain but I'm guessing the flavor would be earthy and sweet with a citrusy bite, and based on a quick glance at our menus for similar profiles maybe a black cherry or apple flavor to it? At any rate, it looks like a very useful medicinal strain and super flavorful.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1493 on: May 05, 2022, 03:38:10 AM »
Visited an OG yesterday and he sent me home with a couple small branches. Dudes been doing it since 81 and its consistently the best I've encountered- smoke always tastes and smells clean, no bugs or mold. What's also nice is that the buds aren't usually super dense or massive, a sign that they're 100% organic.

Indoor soil run Kush Mints. Taste and smell were on point. Mildly sweet and well, minty. Smoke was lighter feeling on the throat than other KM I've smoked, indicative of a solid flush. First bong hit gave me a smile and I went about the day. Went outside with the puppy and was having a blast, quite clear headed and euphoric. Then I laid down on the grass to roll around and didn't want to move. No problem getting up, but the enjoyment of resting the body was strong. Once up on the feet, no feeling of lethargy or desire to sit. I think this is something worth noticing with solid 50/50 hybrids, especially those that are harvested on time (earlier harvest is speedier, later harvest is heavier). Couch lock is strong and wonderful, but once overcome and you're up, it's clear headed, fairly energetic, and mellow. 2nd and 3rd bong hit before taking a drive. Felt great and clear headed until about 15 minutes in when a live Phish show came on the local radio station and I felt high like I haven't felt since I was 19 and on Phish tour, smoking headies up and down the east coast. Mildly shroomy feeling sense of enjoyment and enhanced visual perception. Enhanced visual perception changed within 10 minutes and it was just a bangin old school feeling bomb right. 1 more bong hit before bed, slept from 11-8.

pre clip

lightly clipped

ready to burn

Thats funny you say that because that looks like the kind of neon organic indoor homegrown headies you'd only be able to score when the festivals or phamily rolled through town back in the day. There were a few different varieties but I mostly remember the warm n fuzzy nugs like this that would make you dance because you were having so much fun, and then the darker, piney sativas that made you dance because you had too much energy.

I know you (and a lot of others) are a fan of Kush Mints and I wish I could get a consistent cut here. I've had 4 batches from 2 different growers and of the 4 only one lived up to the hype. The others were porn star weed.. Look pretty but they're faking it. That's something I've encountered from this grower on more than one strain though, and the one time they got it right it was REALLY good so I know it's not the strain. The good cut I had was slightly indica leaning in its effects but not overpowering at all just as you described. That "I could get up if I wanted to, but laying down just feels really nice man." vibe was definitely present for me as well haha. It was very pleasant and gentle which sets it apart from a lot of the strains it often gets lumped in with. I'd say when it's done well KM is one of the better modern/candy strains I've tried.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1494 on: May 05, 2022, 08:20:43 AM »
Yeah, it definitely felt like the old school headies. There's no getting around it jah jah jah pretty easy going and enjoyable. Keeps me lit for a minute and is easy on the lungs too.

This has me thinking about when herb wasn't legal at all and how niche/hidden it had to be. Someone shows up w a jar of headies and its something to get hyped on. First jar of Trainwreck I got from out here in the early mid/00swas the coolest thing ever hahaha. Never knew weed could be so clear headed with no burn out.

No more reminiscing today. Stay high. Lay low

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1495 on: May 06, 2022, 02:45:21 PM »

Thought I'd post my delivery today from a grey market service in LA County. Cherry Gelato Half Oz THC 31.45%

Maybe this is kind of a roast me post? I'm gonna roast this shit now and write some test cases.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1496 on: May 06, 2022, 06:28:43 PM »

Thought I'd post my delivery today from a grey market service in LA County. Cherry Gelato Half Oz THC 31.45%

Maybe this is kind of a roast me post? I'm gonna roast this shit now and write some test cases.

Damn that looks nice. I went through a gelato phase last summer/fall and got my shit pushed in by Jet Fuel Gelato a few times (still have some from months ago, I'm a little scared of it to be totally honest haha) but apparently the Cherry variety is indica leaning and more of an afternoon/evening strain so I'm really curious. From googling it looks like there's some DJ short Blueberry genetics in there which always seems to push the right buttons for me. I enjoy just plain old Gelato as a goofy, creative strain so if it keeps that "fun" aspect but adds some pain reduction and sedative effects I think I'd really enjoy it. Definitely report back and let us know how it goes.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1497 on: May 06, 2022, 09:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that looks nice. I went through a gelato phase last summer/fall and got my shit pushed in by Jet Fuel Gelato a few times (still have some from months ago, I'm a little scared of it to be totally honest haha) but apparently the Cherry variety is indica leaning and more of an afternoon/evening strain so I'm really curious. From googling it looks like there's some DJ short Blueberry genetics in there which always seems to push the right buttons for me. I enjoy just plain old Gelato as a goofy, creative strain so if it keeps that "fun" aspect but adds some pain reduction and sedative effects I think I'd really enjoy it. Definitely report back and let us know how it goes.

Gelato is a strain that doesn't don't for me. Its not bad, but I just havent found it to be particularly note worthy. I've had numerous cuts too. Same with the parent, sunset sherbet. Not sure what exactly it is, well, i do know i dont like the flavor or smell of any I've had, but about the high, it's just a neutral experience across the board. I'd just prefer the standard GSC for those ones.

@jakeumms
What's a half of delivery weed run in LA?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1498 on: May 07, 2022, 03:46:52 AM »
my buddy had a gelato eighth pack from the us, the buds looked dry and didn't smell like anything. like there was no smell at all. very weird. buds were super hard, too. haven't smoked it. like our black market weed seems way better tbh. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1499 on: May 07, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »
my buddy had a gelato eighth pack from the us, the buds looked dry and didn't smell like anything. like there was no smell at all. very weird. buds were super hard, too. haven't smoked it. like our black market weed seems way better tbh.

Its probably second only to GSC for name recognition so who knows what the growing situation was like. Hell depending on where its from it might not even be the real thing. If it's from the states it's probably old as fuck which could explain the dryness and lack of smell. Maybe try rehydrating it a little bit if he still has it and see if it comes to life at all? Definitely possible and even likely that your local shit is better than a lot of the commercial stuff you'd find here, especially if it's gray market.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Gelato is a strain that doesn't don't for me. Its not bad, but I just havent found it to be particularly note worthy. I've had numerous cuts too. Same with the parent, sunset sherbet. Not sure what exactly it is, well, i do know i dont like the flavor or smell of any I've had, but about the high, it's just a neutral experience across the board. I'd just prefer the standard GSC for those ones.

I don't really like sunset sherbet either. I should also mention that the one I like is plain Gelato 33, I don't care much for 41 or any of the other phenos I've tried. I can understand where you're coming from with the taste, I have to be in the mood and right situation for those creamy and spicy strains. If I try to smoke it with my morning coffee it usually both overwhelms and kind of grosses me out. The usual Sour D cut we get here does something similar in some situations, I'm guessing because both are limonene/caryophyllene dominant. So on that note...

This is the same grower as the Biker OG. For some reason that and this are only $35, so after my vet discount and dispensary girl hookup it was only like $21. That Biker is really good so even though this is the kind of terp profile and strain I usually avoid, if I don't like it it's cheap enough that I won't regret it too much. Bag appeal for days and it seems to be hand trimmed, no basic training buds here. Not crazy strong or terpy but that might be a good thing with this profile. Smell is primarily spicy and earthy with hints of hop and pine, then behind that you get a whiff of green apple and a little hint of something creamy sandwiched in the middle. It's interesting, not what I'd call super appealing but it's quite different from what I usually get so I can't say whether or not I like it yet.

I'm pretty lit off some Kosher Tangie and my usual indica vape regimen at the moment so I'm not going even attempt to try this right now, tonight before I catch up on my rasslin seems like a good test case.